[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Shadowrun game for someone who never played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Shadowrun.jpg (127KB, 460x634px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun.jpg
127KB, 460x634px
What's the best Shadowrun game for someone who never played any of the games before?
>>
shadowrun hongkong was my first one, loved it, instantly played the other two
>>
Dragonfall is the best. The story is 10/10 and the gameplay is almost identical to hong kong which is the newest on the series.

I'd play them in order though, but I'd choose dragonfall if you could only play 1.
>>
Dragonfall. It's ultimately the best game, and starting with Hong Kong is a bad idea.
>>
>>386705646
I've only played Returns and Hong Kong. Gameplay it's better in HK but they are both pretty good.
>>
Super Nintendo
>>
I WANT TO CLIMB MT EIGER
>>
I started with HK.
Went back and played Dragonfall, enjoyed that more
>>
Shadowrun Returns is kind of gay. I think I started with the wrong one.
>>
>>386705646
Dragonfall
>>
>>386705646
I started with Hong Kong, and I think that is the best way to do it. Dragonfall is the best of the three and you don't want to spoil yourself by playing the best one first.
>>
>>386709049
No, that's stupid. While DF is the best, HK evolves the gameplay quite a bit, and going back from it is strange.

Why the fuck haven't you retards figured out that release order is always the answer to these stupid questions?
>>
>>386707957
>not the superior sega genesis version'
>>
>>386709395
but that's wrong
>>
Dragonfall has the best writing overall and is a fantastic introduction into the life of a runner, while Hong Kong is more personal, though you can choose whether to remain close or distant with your family.

Hong Kong being the latest one has a most refined gameplay and lets you break the game by investing in cyberware and close combat.

You honestly can't go wrong with either of them because in my opinion the main draw is the fantastic cast. Seriously, I fell in love with the cast so fucking quick. A lot of people shit on Duncan, but I liked being the level headed older sibling.
>>
Play Dragonfall, Hong Kong is overwritten bloated and broken.
>>
Returns is pretty short and lacking on content but it's a good introduction to the universe if you don't play the tabletop game.

Dragonfall is the best.

Hong Kong is a good sequel.
>>
who racter here
>>
Dragonfall gets my vote.
>>
>>386709449
Did you even play the genesis version? It was actually kinda shadowrun-like
>>
>>386705646
I liked Hong Kong the best even though I hated the hacking mechanics.
>>
>>386705646
Dragonfall has a better story and characters.
Hong Kong has a great ost and general ascetic but the writing and characters are hit and miss.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.