[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes aside, what did fallout 4 do well that future installments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 60

File: f4.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
f4.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
Memes aside, what did fallout 4 do well that future installments can learn from?
>>
Better shooting mechanics than the previous games, which isn't saying much. That's about it.
>>
>>386701653
Honestly, it was a good character creator, and the armor system is improved.
Also >>386701743

Now just put that in an RPG and you've got a good Fallout game.
>>
File: benno.jpg (29KB, 397x230px) Image search: [Google]
benno.jpg
29KB, 397x230px
I'd say that the combat, weapon mods, & the quick looting is genuine improvements over the last games. Everything else on the other hand...
It's three steps forward, too many steps back.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (216KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
216KB, 1280x720px
Huge, bulky power armor.
>>
They should learn not to try to implement infinite radiant quests
>>
>>386701653
A man in power armor is the closest thing to a superhero in the wastes and people flock to the safety one can provide.
>>
the weapon modding and scavenging/crafting system is quite good.

having items fill in generic roles like "wood" or "steel" or "adhesive" and so on is far, far better than the overly specific items you crafted in new vegas

The power armour was great, the gameplay was solid and it looked very pretty.
>>
Knocking down doors with explosives when ? i fucking love doing that in f2.
>>
>>386701653
Settlement building was good, but I guess it's too far from what a Fallout game should be. Nevertheless, it was a fun addition.
>>
>>386701653
Literally nothing. They should go back to Fallout 3 and elaborate on it instead of making the same fucking game over again.

Fallout 4 was the most boring and uninspired AAA video game I've ever played.
>>
>>386701653
Power armor
Combat
Looting
And maybe character creator
Everything else is fucking trash
>>
All the DLCs together with the main game, make it a more 'next gen' experience than just the base shit does.
The building and settlement managing was a nice addition, make the managing better. Rimworld mixed with Fallout would be cool
>>
>>386702859
This

Though I'd add in settlement building. Making your own base was fun. Defending it was shit though. Why add in a load of defense options if I have to go and defend them myself?
>>
File: 1489100704219.jpg (93KB, 804x743px) Image search: [Google]
1489100704219.jpg
93KB, 804x743px
Power Armour was "good" but then they had to fuck it up by giving everyone and their mother power amour and handing it to you 5 minutes into the game.
>>
>>386701653
Better shooting mechanics
Better character creator , although they really need more hair and beard options
power Armor mechanics were cool, but they need to make the power cores way more scarce or make the suit use much more energy
Weapon modding was kinda cool, but to much was simply an improvement over previous weapon mods. so you basically just upgraded your weapons stats, instead of making its handling and usage qunique

Other than that the game was a big disappointment. the world, characters, dialogues, the story and especially the quests were just blant. and not even a mod can fix that
>>
Literally nothing other than in the context of fallout games specifically, it was a better shooter than 3/NV. The shooting mechanics were still dated, your options are garbage, and basic shit like pying corners, going full prone, or even just having an actual crouch instead of the halfway squat stealth shit are missing. Grenades still feel awful and the physics of grenades are wonky as fuck, one second a grenade rockets across the fucking planet and leaves orbit and the next its like busting your third nut and just sort of drops to the floor right in front of you. Windows aren't designed to chuck grenades through and often entirely transparent open spaces are actually solid objects and trying to shoot or toss grenades results in killing yourself. AI is still awful and at times completely unaware and VATS is somehow even more boring.

It's a shitty 5/10 open world game that can be fun in a brain dead way. That's it.
>>
>>386702372
It'd be fine if there was either a genuine benefit from it. IE your settlements matter in some way, and are more consistent. I'd prefer it if you just had one central settlement of your own, and the rest of the wastes were pre-built
>>
Power Armor gameplay was nearly perfect.
The gunplay was better than 3/NV (for better or worse, it was an RPG series after all.)
Armor Slots is a step up for me, little farther and we're back to morrowind style slots.
While still garbage, the writing was better, F+ for effort.
There is some bomb ass lighting.
I liked the scavenging and crafting bits, but it might need expanded, or toned down with more weapon variety, unsure really.
>>
>>386703338
>pying corners
?
If you are talking about aiming while around corners and it automatically going around the corner then im pretty sure that's already a thing
>>
>>386701653
I liked the combat better, though we still need invidual limb targeting in melee VATTS.

Power armour was a huge step forward, as was the modding armour and weapons.

I liked settlement building but I can see it wasn't for everyone.

Honestly, from a pure gameplay perspective I like it more than New Vegas. It plays much better. It's the storyline that lets it down.
>>
I liked how the animations felt a little less awkward than in previous bethesda games
>>
>>386703490
I'm talking about pying a corner. Meaning, you stand behind cover, press a button, and your character peeks at an angle around. It was in Killzone 2 like 10 years ago. STALKER also did it.
>>
>>386701653

I liked that all the random junk you find has a purpose. I unironically enjoyed the town builder portion of the game, and wish that future installments improved upon this. Making your own base is fun

Weapon mods and power suits are good, keep and improve upon that

They really need to change the dialogue system back though, and giving the player character a VA was a dumb decision that added nothing to the game.
>>
>>386703236
Yeah I hated that aspect too, it made power armor get boring pretty quickly.
>>
>>386701653
Bulky, limiting power armor
Better character customization
Better combat
Modding system is neat-o
Settlement system would be neat, if it was more in depth and you had much fewer settlements (3 or less)
Quick looting
Rare effects can be found randomly generated
Other than that it's worse
>>
File: 1501251413181.gif (29KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501251413181.gif
29KB, 210x240px
>>386701653
Avoid having a fucking voiced protagonist where they don't belong. Was kinda unfair the voice actors got lots of hate due to Zenimax kikes and their Jewish shareholding ways because they did a good job, it's that their voices didn't fucking belong to a protagonist of this kind of game. Maybe as npc's or a story driven game like Dark Messiah where there already is a character.
>>
>>386704153
I agree. The voice acting in general was great, it's just that a voiced protagonist is way too ambitious for this kind of game.
>>
Better shooting mechanics. More in depth crafting mechanics that gave what are generally useless misc. items a purpose. Better character creation. Great power armor gameplay.

FO4 was a disappointment in the sense that it ultimately proved what I feared most, and that depth of RPG mechanics and writing would plummet to become a more straight forward generic game. That said unlike FO3 it actually does improve said straightforward gameplay to be much more enjoyable. While FO3 tried to be a mix of the complex and simple and made an abomination FO4 stuck with its simplicity and polished it. Still, I wish for the day we finally get one last hurrah that utilizes the positives of both FO4 and F:NV.
>>
Better shooting
Mob Variation
Weather
Thats about it.
>>
File: 1488243679778.png (122KB, 639x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488243679778.png
122KB, 639x360px
>>386702516
>Fallout 4's shooting isn't better than previous Fallouts
>>
>>386704363
>mob variation
This game had LESS enemies than 3 and New Vegas, and I'm not counting the stupid shit like reskinned ghouls or raider psychos and shit.
>>
Shooting mechanics and the character creator. That's about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 487x432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 487x432px
>>386701743
>>386703241
>>386704281
>>386704774
>all of these people using the word mechanics and animations interchangeably
>>
>>386704956
You're an idiot.
>>
>>386704956
No
>>
>>386703648
I'm pretty sure that's already in the game. When you face cover, your weapon moves to the side and if you aim down sights then you peek around the corner automatically.
>>
>>386704956
what the fuck happened to baba?
>>
>>386704542
You're talking out of your ass
>>
>>386704542
raider scum in the bum
>>
>>386704542
There were fewer enemy types but the enemy types worked differently and had unique mechanics.

They were more varied than just >dude with gun who stands in middle distance and >dude with wrench/any given animal that runs up towards you
>>
>>386702516
>go back to fallout 3
>not back to new vagas
I get that it was made by a different developer, but NV makes 3 look like shit
>>
Voiced protagonist
More settlements
Less roleplay, more action
Make the story less unnecessarily complicated
Bring back Preston
>>
>>386708973
Could be a great bait if you just removed the last line
>>
Am I the only guy in this thread who liked Fallout 4's radiation?

I mean, sure, the old radiation system seems better thematically, your character getting weaker and slower. But in practice you just ignored it since 0-199 rads is not a concern past how close you are to getting minor radiation poisoning and just losing 1 point of endurance which is almost nothing. Worse in the old games since you just pop a couple rad-x and now you're immune.

In Fallout 4 it was the first time radiation was a real concern outside of a few heavily irradiated areas in the previous games.
>>
>>386701653
Sucking ass.
>>
>>386709396
I think it's more of an issue of your S.P.E.C.I.A.L just not mattering at all beyond maybe the first 5 levels.
>>
>>386709396
Yes. I really like the radiation system in fallout 4.

It's more streamlined but at the same time more threatening and immediately harmful. It gives your poor choices immediate feedback and response which is good IMO.
>>
>>386701827
if by armor you meant the mix and match parts yeah, there was just no variety, i thought the DT/DR system from new vegas was better and gave purpose to AP and hollow point rounds
>>
>>386709396
That's a valid point, but isn't that the point of END? Having a high endurance should logically decrease the detrimental effects of radiation. Although probably it would be better if it was a percentage decrease rather than a single number.
>>
>>386702859
looting fucking SUCKED

>kill a ton of robots in a factory and barely survive
>find chest at the end
>pipe pistol
>>
File: 1488747167912.gif (3MB, 436x359px) Image search: [Google]
1488747167912.gif
3MB, 436x359px
>>386701653
Shoots were better. Constructing buildings was fun, just need to either be limited to making your own personal lair or have actual gameplay added to making towns. Customizing your equipment was neat but it removes most of the excitement from finding items, customizing equipment with minor attachments instead of upping the damage and making the perfect shit yourself would be best. The stompy power armor was neat, it just needed to be a more limited and late game (Possibly brotherhood only) thing instead of being fucking everywhere. The incidental dialog on the companions was fucking crazy, they had a decent amount in Skyrim but they did an even better job in FO4.

That's all that immediately comes to mind. As much of a disappointment Fallout 4 is I still played a shit ton of it, it's just a letdown compared to Skyrim and Morrowind and Fallout 3 and even Oblivion, god help me. The biggest issue with it right now is the piss poor state of mods for FO4. Only one super clunky sex mod when I should be balls-deep in physics enabled greasy hairy raider pussy by this point, and the one major gameplay rebalance mod (But not total conversion like Frost) apparently is a sack of shit that does things like gives NPCs unlimited ammo while making ammo super scarce for the PC. Frost sounds cool but I'm waiting for it to either be 1.0 or a bit closer to complete. Sounds like it's playable now but I may as well wait.

I normally preorder Bethesda RPGs without fear, but after Fallout 4's mod showing and the creation club shit I'm afraid I would think twice whenever their next game shows up. Usually it's a safe bet that mods will give you something great even if the base game is just ok but that hasn't really panned out with Fallout 4 yet, I just ended up with a huge ok game.
>>
File: itstinks.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
itstinks.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>386701653
>Better then average character creator
>Competent shooting mechanics
>Power armor felt big and bulky instead just cosmetic armor that functions exactly like every other armor type but with higher stats

That's it. Fails at every thing else and even those things could have been done better.
>>
>>386709396
>>386709626
Overall it was better. I still hated that one perk that made you regen when in irradiated areas.
>>
>>386710021
He's talking about the real-time hover-over-container-press-E-to-loot system
>>
>>386710616
That's one of the things that makes me now want to kill myself when I load up FNV. I can't go back.
>>
Being able to see all the perks immediately and what you need to get them.
Vats system and the crit bar
More environment variety for exploring
The handling of BoS
>>
>>386702050
it's overpowered. When you wear it you're basically bulletproof which makes combat pretty boring
>>
>>386710303
>That's all that immediately comes to mind. As much of a disappointment Fallout 4 is I still played a shit ton of it, it's just a letdown compared to Skyrim and Morrowind and Fallout 3 and even Oblivion, god help me. The biggest issue with it right now is the piss poor state of mods for FO4. Only one super clunky sex mod when I should be balls-deep in physics enabled greasy hairy raider pussy by this point, and the one major gameplay rebalance mod (But not total conversion like Frost) apparently is a sack of shit that does things like gives NPCs unlimited ammo while making ammo super scarce for the PC. Frost sounds cool but I'm waiting for it to either be 1.0 or a bit closer to complete. Sounds like it's playable now but I may as well wait.
That's the worst part. Why can't F4 modding be better?

At least we got drivable vehicles.
>>
>>386703407
I think the biggest mistake they made was not making survival mode the default setting, because all the game systems make sense there. You need settlements because they provide a place to restock ammo and supplies, cook your kills, turn your scrap resources into caps or materials, and rest, eat, drink and save before setting out on your next mission. You need food and clean water to stay in top fighting shape and prevent the onset of disease. You need flexible, upgradeable armaments to maximize what you can bring back while also making the most of your combat prowess. The vertibird is only useful in a game without fast travel, making the grenades to summon them extremely valuable, and the ability to summon in backup or call in a bombardment is only needed when anything more than a handful of enemies is a serious threat. Outside of those restrictions, the settlement mode only exists for people who install HD texture packs for minecraft, food is an XP mill along with water, and your weapon choice usually falls in line with 'what do I have the most ammo for?', and the Brotherhood's vertibirds are completely useless, and the backup/bombardment systems are mostly for shits and giggles.
>>
>>386711192

The idea was that it was limited by the power cores. Then they forgot and put fucking cores everywhere.
>>
>>386711415
YES!

I just did a survival playthrough not too long ago and it felt like it was the way the game was meant to be played.

I was immersed the whole time, was more mindful of my character and the people around me, and felt like every choice I made was important. I felt like I was actually living in the world.

NV has hardcore, but that didn't nearly give the same effect. Hardcore mode just made the game tedious while survival kept you on your toes.
>>
>>386710534

Oh and Companions. Certainly not as good as New Vegas's companions or companions/party members from other games but still an improvement over FO3's friendly NPC shitshow.
>>
biggest mistake was voiced protag, the novelty wore off fast for me. The armor system was a lot better, i liked that you actually found decent armor on enemies with upgrades and shit, the lack of that in skyrim was nonsensical and very limiting if you didnt want to spend time leveling up smithing.
>>
>>386704956
you just don't get it, do you?
>>
File: 230841-pete_hines_01.jpg (8KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
230841-pete_hines_01.jpg
8KB, 480x480px
Almost everything they added was good, the problem is all of it is lackluster except for the character creator which imo is the best one in any single player RPG ever, they definitely need to keep that.

Base building was good, but I feel they dumped too many resources into it and placed much of the games focus into it. They should keep it but scale down its importance, while still fleshing out a bit the options and the things you can do with it.

Modding was a great idea but it was executed terribly, they need more horizontal progression. There's no point in customizing weapons when there's a definite upgrade path that always yields the best results.

Legendary weapons are one of the true terrible things they did with the game, the only worse decision they made was giving the MC a voice. Eliminate this and bring back unique weapons but make them moddable, actually moddable as in more than one option.

Power armor was literally perfect, they need to keep this as is, don't fix what ain't broke. Maybe make the resources needed for it work rarer and more expensive BUT not limited.

Perks need a rework, I don't hate how the system works but I think the perks themselves are awful. All of them are boring % changes that have 0 impact on gameplay. Every line should have 2 perks that have a tangible gameplay effect. Also bring back Wild Wasteland.

Radiant quests are fine, but dial back a little bit in them. I think Skyrim had a good ratio of actual quests vs radiant quests.
>>
>>386711949
something I forgot, it would be cool if settlements had an option to simply be left to grow on their own. Of course Bethesda is incompetent and every settlement would probably end up looking the same but it would be cool if they made it so each and every one of them was unique and organic.

Also more unique locations for settlements, I was fucking dissapointed that I couldn't turn that raider ship graveyard into a settlement for myself.
>>
>>386711949
>horizontal progression
well saidthey kind of did this right with a few weapons, the tesla cannon mods actually are all pretty good and change it it between a shotgun-like weapon to one you can use to set down traps. and the different sight might favor a more long range or up close and personal non-ironsights play style,but largely they're just straight upgrades and not very creative.

one thing that grw on me were the critical hits, it's a weird gimmicky system but it is very satisfying to knock a deathclaw's head off with a baseball bat after softening him up with railgun shots
>>
File: Fallout Raul the Ghoul.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout Raul the Ghoul.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
>>386701653

>Memes aside, what did fallout 4 do well that future installments can learn from?

The visual design of Power Armor was good although the need for fusion cores was a dumb way to balance them. Power armor should just have a more tank like game style where sneaking is impossible, your movement speed is diminished, you can't sprint and maybe your accuracy is diminished a little bit so its not great for sniping. That way it has upsides and downsides.

The combat was also improved somewhat; but that was obvious so I'm not sure there's anything to learn there.

Regardless if the next game doesn't have skills and an unvoiced protagonist I'm going to skip it. Ideally it would have item deterioration and ammunition types back in as well; but those aren't deal breakers.
>>
>>386711192
And that's how it's suposed to be. It's not a sturdy raider armor from coke cans times three, it's a goddamn tank replacement. The problem is that you can't go 2 steps without finding finding a suit that gives you near-god mode, it's so easy half the people in post-apo boston could have one. Even BoS, a ultra-elite organization that's sole purpose was to collect things like power armor didn't give to every body. So they balance it out by requiring power cores that were meant to last centuries and did, but just so happen to be completely useless 10 minutes after being found by you. Then they flood you with the cores because limiting the player is "unfun".
>>
File: Fallout4protagonists.png (462KB, 676x410px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4protagonists.png
462KB, 676x410px
>>
>>386712434
Or maybe have power armor very late in the game and requiring special training.
>>
>>386712609
It would be better to make power armor's need for repairs more of a limiting factor by making the resources you need for them more difficult to get, maybe allow the frame to be damaged and need repairs as well as the components
>>
>>386711069
>crit bar
Fuck NO. It made the entire Luck stat fucking useless.
>>
Being expensive for a shit game
Being ugly as shit and still having extreme minimal requirements.
>>
>>386711676
I found the companion affinity system thing was a lot better than new vegas's, which felt kind of impenetrable at times.

Like, I never managed to get Boone to open up to me because I never tripped the arbitrary triggers
>>
>>386711290
>That's the worst part. Why can't F4 modding be better?
Because nobody wants to spend hundreds of hours making a great mod for a shit game. F4 isn't salvageable, not even with TC mods.
>>
>>386705338
He got gassed
>>
>>386712992
>too expensive
>buying a Bethshitda game at release

I got FO4 for $20 and after they patched a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>386713252
Never said I bought it.
>>
File: 1472357878833.jpg (64KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1472357878833.jpg
64KB, 460x345px
>>386713302
You could correct that. Just let Todd in to check for radiation leaks in your house.
>>
>>386712434
>>386712820

>Or maybe have power armor very late in the game and requiring special training.

Limiting it to just the end game means you don't get the chance to play with it very much.

It shouldn't just be better than regular armor it should play differently. If you're wearing armor that makes you into a walking tank then you should feel like a walking tank, strong and tough; but also slow and noisy.

If your plan is to charge straight into the enemy and mow them down with a Gatling gun then power armor should fit the bill. If your plan is to sneak around, snipe, or use speed and agility to out maneuver the enemy then power armor should put you at a disadvantage.

Weapons and armor that don't have any disadvantages and are your best option in every scenario are just boring.
>>
>>386701653
Literally nothing. Combat is worse than New Vegas due to it being COD-lite, Power Armor is unlore friendly and overpowered, graphics are abhorrent. There isn't a good thing there.
>>
I was pretty sad when there were almost no INT 1 or really any S.P.E.C.I.A.L dialogue checks outside of Charisma, I feel like that could've been better.
>>
>>386713923
Game has a lot of issues, but Power Armor is not one of them. And since when is something being OP in a easy as fuck SP game a legitimate complaint? Power Armor is supposed to be OP, as it was in the first two games. The real complaint would be how common it is.
>>
>>386714127
New Vegas perfected PA. 4 ruined that.
Once again, 4 manages to fail in every single fucking respect.
>>
File: 1501862923261.jpg (53KB, 750x557px) Image search: [Google]
1501862923261.jpg
53KB, 750x557px
>>386714192
Power armor in 3 and 4 is just plate mail. In 4 it actually feels like you're a walking tank. Of the many things they did wrong, power armor is not one.
>>
>>386704956
THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY NIGGA KOKSAL?
>>
>>386714376
>broken as fuck
>common, littered everywhere
>lore breaking fusion cores
>forced upon you 5 minutes into the game
>limits your weapon options
It's shit. New Vegas had none of these issues and PA was done fucking perfectly. Stop trying desperately to try and find something to defend about 4. It's a disaster.
>>
>>386712921
what are you talking about? It made the luck stat more powerful than it has ever been. You build crits faster with high luck, store the crits with luck based perks and improve your crit damage with more luck based perks then you go around firing guaranteed crits against anything giving you any trouble.
>>
>>386714547
Luck was literally the worst stat in the game since its tied to using a terribly designed, immersion breaking crutch made for casual babies on shitty consoles. Perks in 4 are the most useless things in any RPG. Anything that isn't % dmg is useless and crits are a null game mechanic due to console pandering.
>>
>>386714639
Oh please. The old Fallout were just as bad by letting you repeatedly and reliably sniping people in the eyes.

Or is it not okay only when Bethesda does it?
>>
>>386714930
They are RPGs. Bethshit's garbage isn't.
>>
>>386701851
The weapon mods ruined the game for me. NV did mods better.
>>
>>386715002
I agree. Doesn't change what I said.
>>
>>386715174
Yes it does. It works in 1 and 2. Bethshit's garbage is immersion breaking trash that goes against the themes and mechanics of the game and is only there to pander to shitty console normies. Making Luck objectively useless for a true Fallout player.
>>
>>386710705
There's like 5 mods that change looting to FO4 style in NV
>>
>>386715249
Looting was better in NV. 4's controls like shit, doesn't show enough and looks like an amateur's attempt at designing their very first """"UI"""""
>>
I honestly liked collecting magazines and shit across the map.
>>
>>386715246
But luck isn't useless unless you try to focus on it as your primary source of damage dealing, as luck is a force multiplier. Of course, Fallout 4's leveling system prevents you from putting all your points into one skill at the start, so you're gonna put other points into whatever weapon skill you use regardless. So it well designed.

In the old fallouts you just put all your skill points into small guns and by level 5 you're done and can start eye sniping for the rest of the game. Mmm, such good rollplay.
>>
>>386715086
>The weapon mods ruined the game for me. NV did mods better.
No. 4 definitely did weapon modding better. Was far less clunky.

>>386715246
>Yes it does. It works in 1 and 2. Bethshit's garbage is immersion breaking trash that goes against the themes and mechanics of the game and is only there to pander to shitty console normies.
You are the most tryhard wannabe oldfag I've ever seen. Isn't it time you go buy school supplies?
>>
>>386715607
>if you focus hard on one skill you get good at it
>WOWWW SUCH BAD GAME DESIGN LOL WTF IS THIS WHERE ARE MY ARTIFICIAL IMMERSION BREAKING LIMITS
Bethshitter's at it again.
>>
File: 14743733050860.jpg (16KB, 606x339px) Image search: [Google]
14743733050860.jpg
16KB, 606x339px
>>386701653
Perks instead of skill numbers. They could've been presented better though.
>>
>>386711192
Power Armor has always been overpowered. In FO and FO2 everything but deathclaws and the enclave were basically fodder after you got power armor, even super mutants. The problem is that they give it to you 10 minutes into your journey and give you so many power cores that you can literally sell 90% of them and still have enough to use power armor for the whole game. They should have either balanced power cores and made them extremely rare, like probably having 20-25 at most in the whole wasteland, and make them cost like 10000 caps at stores, or just have scrapped the whole idea and given you power armor late game after a hard quest. Another way to balance it was to make it very fragile, so that it gives great protection but breaks and costs a lot to maintain, making it so that you don't waste it on shitty raiders, but save it for stronger opponents.
>>
>>386701653
>what did fallout 4 do well that future installments can learn from?
Fallout 4 taught us how to not make a fallout game.
If you ever ask yourself "hey wouldn't it be cool if everything in the wasteland was usable as a crafting ingredient that we used to build settlements" you can look at Fallout 4 and learn that spending your time hauling around and looting a bunch of garbage in mass quantities isn't actually fun.
Apply this to every aspect of the game.
>>
>>386715607
>In the old fallouts you just put all your skill points into small guns and by level 5 you're done and can start eye sniping for the rest of the game.
>Mmm, such good rollplay.
>role-play is strictly playing accurate representations of humans and nothing else
>>
>>386715735
>actually defending becoming a master sniper at level 5
oh boy, shouldn't have let yourself grow around your rose tinted glasses
>>
>>386701653
The settlement building and factorio off ripping was the best and worst part of the game, it could really work in other action RPGs if the developers aren't as incompetent as beth
>>
>>386714529
>broken as fuck
What do you mean? As in it's over powered and skews the game toward it's usage? Well yeah it's power armor it's supposed to. This isn't necessarily a problem but:

>common, littered everywhere
And this is why the above is a problem. You're 100% right about this. There's nothing special or earned about power armor in this game since it's all over the damn place. It's never something you have to work toward, learn some skill or earn after a hard fought battle or mission chain. You just find it. No worse than that:

>forced upon you 5 minutes into the game
In case this game couldn't hammer it home harder that "No, Power Armor doesn't really hold any value to this world, it just looks cool."

However that doesn't mean the game mechanics surrounding the armor it self are bad. The fusion core thing sucks because it does shit on lore but some kind of fuel is a good mechanic, there's a price to pay to use armor, and in theory would force the player to keep on the look out for more fuel and weigh the risk/reward vs the fuel cost when choosing to use the power armor.

Having it act more like a customizeable vehicle instead of just a big suit of equipable clothing would have made it feel more special and interesting if they didn't litter the world with them for free.

TLDR:
The systems in place and the game play loop the Power Armor in FO4 uses are sound, and an improvement; however Bethesda are terrible at game design designs and undermine or ruin the effect the armor could have had.
>>
File: 14476441965460.jpg (156KB, 872x950px) Image search: [Google]
14476441965460.jpg
156KB, 872x950px
>>386715992
>factorio off ripping
>fallout 4 ripping off >factorio
>>
>>386715973
yes, i too, love the part where i cant get better at a skill no matter what until my favourite company Bethesda tells me i can!!
>>
>>386716064
>contraptions
>>
>>386715992
Would pay at least 90 dollars to see factorio reproduced with a bethesda sized budget and team
>>
>>386701653
looting system. I'd say shooting, but they got that from rage.

Melee needs to be way more prevalent than projectiles in fallout imo, but that's up to the next elder scolls.
>>
>>386715957
hey man, the guy I was arguing with is the one who started conflating role playing and how useful a stat is.

I just talked about how F4's levering system is better in that it has many more useful perks. The last line was just to trigger him.
>>
>>386703490
it's also called lean

seriously though, I can't believe more shooters don't have lean function
>>
>>386715973
>defending a game that lets you be a master of everything at level 1
LMAO, I love being able to fire every gun with pinpoint accuracy and perfect handling with 0 downsides straight out of the vault.
>>
>>386716192
I like the looting system in 4. If I play 4 then go to NV or 3 the loot transfer menu quickly becomes a real pain in my dick.
>>
>>386715795
I actually kind of agree with that. The implementation was handled poorly but I like a system with chunkier skills from leveling rather than Fallout's GURPS throwback. Almost across the board it was handled poorly in FO4 buy in theory I like a "Speech: 1-5" system more than "Speed 1%-100%" system.
>>
>>386716084
>artificial perk/skill level restrictions are bad
>it's bad when Bethesda does it

how many western role playing games have you actually played?
>>
>>386701653
>Power Armor gameplay was great, just needed a rebalance in resources to not make it broken. You actually felt like a walking tank like in the original Fallouts.
>Shooting was a huge step up.
>The dead city was a cool idea, since it's the first time you feel like you're exploring the ruins of a city, unlike FO3's subways. They should expand on places like that, since it's cool wallking across fallen skyscrapers and building rooftops.
>City building was alright, but the constant scavenging of junk got tedious, towns added nothing and robbed the game of original/interesting towns, and I felt like it didn't fit with Fallout. Other installments can learn from this by dropping it completely.
Everything else was hot garbage. Worst Fallout game to date, except probably brotherhood of steel.
>>
What it did well
Best gun feel
Best power armour
Best environment design, especially in the city
Magazine perks
Return of Morrowind style armour system
Weapon modding system
Quick loot removing a lot of dead time

What it needs
To be an actual RPG
Unique weapons like New Vegas
Better story, characters and dialogue like New Vegas
More settlements/towns, not just player run ones
A return to non-voiced protagonist
Unique power armour that isn't just a reskin/paint job of an already existing suit
More underwater content like that submarine, 1/3 of the map is wasted because of the ocean.

Fallout 4 felt more like a open world shooter set in the Fallout universe rather than an RPG set in the Fallout universe.
>>
>>386716379
mods
>>
>>386716458
It's bad when Beth do it because Beth did it shit, you blundering little moronic piece of retarded garbage. New Vegas did it well and 4 did it in one of the worst ways possible.
>>
>>386716556
Are there mods that actually change it? Have I been pulling my dick too hard for no reason this whole time?
>>
>>386716628
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61666/?
>>
>>386716380
Fallout 3 was the worst with its [Speech 10%] checks which you could simply save scum through.
>>
>>386715973
If that's your character's backstory why not
>>
>>386716672
Thanks anon
>>
>>386701653
I liked the settlement idea in theory, maybe it could be expanded into something similar like taking over a vault and making a settlement out of that.
>>
>>386716613
Bethesda did leveling better than any previous Fallout game. The only thing missing is that it doesn't reward you with over powered builds after learning how to build strong characters, since you don't need to do that any more.

Some people like gaining system mastery but for me, I'm glad it's gone.
>>
File: 060.jpg (67KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
060.jpg
67KB, 500x382px
>>386702050
>First time playing
>Finally get to teleport into the institute
>"Okay i saved all these power cores for THIS"
>All hyped it, Who's this old fuck and why do i care
>Its my son and he talks me down with sympathetic bullshit
>Dont get to kill anyone
>Just leave
Ive never had a game feel so anticlimactic before
>>
>>386716714
It's even worse in 4 though, since you can savescum mid-conversation instead of having to click through all the dialog again.
>>
>>386717086
>Full 10 charisma
>Still no guarantee to succeed
Of course i'll savescum against that shit
>>
>>386716967
Because there aren't any ""builds"" in 4 you dumb piece of shit. You're a master of everything, you are not limited by your skills at all. You are a walking god and jack of all trades with the ability to do ANYTHING you want and the only thing Perks do is give you % dmg which is fucking irrelevant since its mandatory to mod out shit bullet sponge combat.

You're just a faggot casual who wants to turn Fallout in COD.
>>
I liked the idea of settlements and the laser muskets. Also that minutemen guy had a nice hat.
>>
>>386716967
>Builds in Fallout 4

But you're not limited by levels etc. anymore, there's not point to builds since with enough time you could max everything out
>>
>>386701653
Improve the rol
And im not talking about stats, but the chance to roll a character
Fo4 try to tell a story , your character talks and the camera focus on him between dialogues (try to be cinematic)
And make a good story Who dont stand in the way of the gameplays
Sorry for my shitty english
>Writing on cellphone doesnt help
>>
>>386701653
Legendary crank gun that you could crank 300 ammo into and obliterate anything with
>>
I hated using the clunky ass power armor in Fallout 4
I'd rather it be a suit of armor in my inventory with special features than this shit
>>
things this game got right
>shooting
>character creator
>artstyle (even if they did go a bit overboard with the whole 50s nuclear shit)
>looting mechanics
>animations (compared to bethesda's other works you have to admit they did a decent job with fo4)
not much other than that desu, felt like a fallout themed far cry game
>>
>>386717697
>>animations (compared to bethesda's other works you have to admit they did a decent job with fo4)
No I can't because the animations still look like shit
>>
>>386709396
I did like how the radiation system worked in this game desu, it was simplified but I think it worked. The only problem is the same thing that can be said about stimpaks and fusion cores: there's just too many fucking radaways to get, like they're fucking everywhere
>>
>>386717697
>>artstyle (even if they did go a bit overboard with the whole 50s nuclear shit)
In what manner was this any good in this game
>>
>>386717272
show me a perk from fallout 1 or 2 that is not a percent increase, not a flat bonus, does not appear in Fallout 4 AND you would actually use it.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_perks
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_perks

>>386717398
I know. I prefer it that way.
>>
>>386717898
>forgets New Vegas like a cuck because he can't defend the fact Betheshit got blew the FUCK out
You're embarassing you cocksucking fanboy.
>>
>>386717894
after playing the gray green sludge that is fallout 3 I appreciated the washed out but colorful tones in 4

just because it's a post apocalyptic game doesn't mean it has to look like literal shit
>>
>>386718064
Fallout 3 had a better artstyle that complimented the atmosphere of the game. Fallout NV did this too with their western approach. This game did not have an artstyle that complemented the rest of the game.
Nah it's shit
>>
>>386717989
It's actually because I like New Vegas.
>>
>>386701653
Companions were done fairly well
World design was a significant step up
Real time container looting was nice
Enemy designs were pretty solid

Those radiant quests need to fucking go though, and way too much was dedicated to the crafting/settlement system.
>>
File: ora2.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
ora2.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
They need to make or use a different engine, having game engine speed tied to fps is absurd and makes it feel like you're moving through syrup.

And please add a simple option to toggle aim, making a shooter without that is criminal.

The new power armor is really cool but having it run on an energy source triggered my autism to never use it.
>>
Gunplay
Power Armor feel
Armor pieces (i.e. the chestpieces, shoulders, etc)

Things they were close on:
Armor pieces only fitting over certain clothes is dumb. Makes me feel limited in what I'm going to wear, because why would you pick wearing just Cage Armor over the Vault Suit plus 5 other pieces of armor all with special bonuses
The random weapon stat/special bonus stuff was cool, but also lame at the same time. It devalued itself. It made the few truly unique weapons pointless when you can get a Doubleshot Plasma Rifle off of a Radroach. I don't know how you'd go about fixing it, but there certainly is a compromise somewhere
Settlement building. I have spent so much time doing just that. It's something I never knew I wanted in these games but always did and love it. But I wish there was more of a point to it.

Also I just want to say they had an incredibly good story premise with the fish out of water scenario (being frozen from prewar) and didn't capitalize/deliver on it ONE FUCKING BIT (except the one conversation with the bat salesman in Diamond City)
>>
>>386718151
there is no justifying the horrendous color grading in both fo3 and nv dude. its horrible. fo4 looks way better.
>>
>>386718273
>The new power armor is really cool but having it run on an energy source triggered my autism to never use it.
Same, but I got over it when I bought fusion cores from merchants when they didn't have enough caps to buy all my loot. They suddenly became much more disposable.
>>
>>386718598
Do you never use the crafting or how can you have enough loot to sell?
>>
>>386718459
Fallout 4 looks like shit
Ever worse than the other two games
Horrible models and textures
>>
>>386715795

>Perks instead of skill numbers.

You sicken me.
>>
File: 1502125936407.png (121KB, 311x335px) Image search: [Google]
1502125936407.png
121KB, 311x335px
>>386718973
>Ever worse than the other two games
>>
>>386701653
>Scavenging and crafting is pretty fun, they need more weapon modifcations that feel less like direct upgrades and more side paths, but overall it was a fun way to customize and upgrade your equipment.
>The shooting was a lot of fun, if they're going to make their game an action RPG make the game play like a good action game.
>Power armor was a lot of fun, customizing it was great
>Exploration was fun as always, more creepy areas though

Just make the story and RPG elements better.
>>
>>386719194
Yeah even worse
>>
>>386718773
With the Strong Back perk. I compulsively take every last bit of loot I can. With the action point regeneration speed perks and another perk to reduce sprinting cost that stacks with Strong Back's reduced running cost while over encumbered.

All those perks just to let me loot freely. I can't help it.
>>
Better perks
Combat
Settlement building
Power Armor
Crafting
Companions
Main story interaction
>>
>>386717398
You could max everything in 3 and 4 way earlier and master everything thanks to skill books and SPECIAL affecting ski!!s

4 actually takes a lot longer to do that. You softcap way earlier
>>
>>386717697
Fallout's artstyle is supposed to be gothic, not 50', only the tech was fiftish.
>>
>>386720003
Skill books are rare, a way to balance the SPECIAL would be giving you 2 skill points every level and 10 every 3 or something like that.
>>
>>386701653
It ripped too much from skyrim
>>
>>386701653
Everything was perfect, I would like if all that rpg, perk, vats bullshit was taken away, I hope they take the skills system away from the next Skyrim game.
>>
>>386720194
Just play Borderlands, then.
>>
>>386720473
I don't like shooters and I just want bethesda to ged rid of that rpg bullshit, I never liked Fallout 3 or Oblivion cuz of that rpg bullshit, but I like Skyrim and Fallout 4.
>>
File: 1481079775335.jpg (32KB, 367x479px) Image search: [Google]
1481079775335.jpg
32KB, 367x479px
>>386720194
>>386721186
>>
File: 1468888269390.jpg (182KB, 1600x1555px) Image search: [Google]
1468888269390.jpg
182KB, 1600x1555px
>>386720194
>>386720473
(you)
>>
File: 1497245982292.png (143KB, 398x384px) Image search: [Google]
1497245982292.png
143KB, 398x384px
>>386720194
>>
>>386701653

Only thing i can think that fo4 did better than its predecessors is being able to quickly loot everything without needing to bring up a menu so you can just pick everything up super fast.

I cant really think of anything else that was new that it did that was good. I can think of what i hated really easy but not what i enjoyed. I guess the crafting was neat too.
>>
>>386702372

Settlements just felt so out of place for me. When i found out that they basically stole the idea from a mod it totally made sense.

I didnt care for it one bit though, it made me feel like i was playing minecraft and i didnt play fo4 for some weird minecraft addon. I know a ton of people spent countless hours on it but i was like 'fuck this shit' from the start. Put a few beds down and food/water shit then kept moving on. I dont doubt the next bethesda game isnt going to have it though.
>>
I liked some of their approaches to the SPECIAL system, namely how they've made it necessary to invest in Charisma to get good results out of conversations, as well as making Intelligence less of a factor on character growth. Unfortunately, they completely fucked it by not having an appropriate analogue to skill checks, and made it way too easy to build very broadly.

Settlement building, while cool in theory, should have been limited to player housing and a handful of other locations. Bethesda just used it as an excuse to deliver half a game.

Most things about power armour felt right, except for the power core bullshit. Maybe it could have been better handled if it was really difficult to repair or something like that.

Gunplay was fun, and worked well with the changes to the UI. Unfortunately, this came at the expense of melee and unarmed.

Weapon and armour modding should be simplified: any improvements made should be permanent, and the number of possible improvements should be reduced.

Stuff that I do not want to ever see again:

- Radiant quests
- Building up EVERY GOD DAMN SETTLEMENT on my own
- Legendary weapons
- Chat wheel
>>
>>386722728
Melee is LITERALLY unusable in 4. GG Bethesda.
>>
File: 148674.png (360KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
148674.png
360KB, 600x600px
>>386717047
>first time playing
>finally teleport into the institute
>talk with my son
>hear someone entering from a door behind me
>turn around and splatter the old man's brain on the wall
>fight horde of synths until I ran out of bullets and teleport away
>find out 5 hours worth of sidequests later that the old man was my son
>keep going with that for the rest of the game
Good to know I didn't miss shit
>>
Are there any mods to remove the voiced protagonist shit?
>>
>>386723805
even if there is, who the fuck cares? It's still fallout 4. nobody wants to play that shit.
>>
I'd like a bigger map. The Commonwealth felt tiny.
>>
>>386701827
basically this
>>
>>386723471
yeah, it's pretty cool how Bethesda lets you do that. Other rpgs, including the classics, would have put you into cutscene mode.
>>
>>386724296(Me)
and by 'that' I mean kill Father before he tells you who he is.
>>
>>386723805
yes, it's called silent protagonist on tge nexus
Though it doesnt work all the time for me
>>
>>386723805
The reason the voiced protagonist is bad isn't even necessarily because it's voiced but mainly because they limit you to four dialouge options at any given moment to limit the amount of dialogue they have to record.
What it causes is worse than what it is.
>>
>>386713538
Having everything be just as good as everything else is also boring as shit. What the hell sense does it make that I can do as much damage in kevlar with an assault rifle as a walking tank with a goddamn laser minigun? Half the fun of previous games was that you worked for the reward of having the awesome endgame stuff that you used on endgame enemies. One of Fallout 3's big problems was that there was no buildup. I literally killed an Enclave trooper with a 10mm pistol 5 minutes after exiting the vault when I played it because it spawned one ahead of schedule for some reason. Anything that's supposed to be big and threatening should FEEL big and threatening, and that means saving it until it's called for.
>>
>>386722728
I really wanted to like the settlement and crafting system but there are so many fucking problems with it.
>See random settler in world that you save and sometimes they give you caps but can't tell him to live at your settlement where it's fucking safe.
>Meanwhile, the majority of the settlers at your settlements (Unless names like the Abernathy's and Finches) bitch at you about their nails, accuse you of being a synth, etc.
>Only a few settlers actually say hi and ask how you are doing.
>Only a few settlers tell you "thanks for the opportunity at a new life"
>MOTHER FUCKING MARCY LONG (Why the fuck does Beth always have these asshole characters that you're not allowed to kill or tell them off?)
>Settlement object placement is retarded and inconsistent
>You have to manually arm your settlers because they're too stupid to go through your container's and take all the legendary weapons/armor you'll never use again.
>They can't be killed anyway
>I have to do everything and they're too stupid to learn how to build shit themselves
>Build walls around settlement and you use up your build limit
>No craftable double beds or bunk beds even thought they're assets in the vanilla fucking game
>Can't repair the prewar houses in Sanctuary and none of their assets are in the build menu.
>Cant fix the walls of the Castle
>Can't scrap disgusting looking trash heaps that litter every motherfucking settlement you have

And the list fucking goes on
>>
>>386701653
Fallout 4 did a lot of things right.

From a gameplay standpoint, Fallout 4 is leagues ahead of the previous games in the franchise.
>Much more fun gunplay
>Weapon modding/crafting was a giant improvement from NV
>Settlements were a good addition, but were relied upon too much. There's only two real "towns" in the game. It seems like they realized this late in development and just slapped settlements full of mindless NPCs everywhere to compensate.
>Companions were alright.
>Actual weather
>The redesign of power armor and customization of it
>Actually the best character creation of any RPG on the market.
>Better armor system
>Quick-looting system
>The randomized weapon effects you can get from legendary enemies. This was great but there were no actual unique weapons from previous games and any "Unique" weapon recieved from a quest was just a named weapon with some effect that you could get from a legendary mob added on to it with no visual change.
>The redesigns of most things in the game were also great.

However...

They shouldn't have handed power armor to you in the first 5 minutes of the game. Should've been a endgame item.
They shouldn't have removed skills and changed the dialogue and perks system. The new ones suck.
The story is an improvement from Fallout 3, but not an improvement from New Vegas. However, the Far Harbor DLC is in my opinion on par with New Vegas' storytelling. That single DLC is pretty much better than the base game in terms of quests.
>>
>>386726568
>The story is an improvement from Fallout 3,
It really isn't
>>
>>386703648
Wtf does pying mean nigga
>>
Really frustrated replaying NV and playing through FO4 interchangeably.

Memes/low-hanging fruit aside, the factions fucking SUCK. Each faction has no redeeming qualities enjoyment wise.

They all exist as infinite quest/exp givers and everything is segregated to their own one HQ per map. It's not fun at all, it's actually super fucking infuriating that I decided to make a thread on it.

BoS is less "good" than they were in 3, but they're fucking insufferable to be around. They get an airship and Liberty Prime. Other than that they're hypocritical fascists that have no fun/relatable characters. Buzz Lightyear is supposed to be my relatable guide to Paranoid Hitler Jr. . I'd argue BoS was /better/ in 3 just because of how their presence was treated and how the power armor is a lot bigger deal and in the last parts of the game.

Don't even get me started on the cardboard non-existent Minute Men.

New Vegas was so fucking good. Everyone was all over the map, every major faction had fun bits, you actually could interact with NPCs etc. Even in 3 Factions seem to be so much better than....this.

It's honestly frustrating and making me want to stop playing before the endings/dlcs.

Side question: I "own" Nuka Cola World and the Harbor dlc. Is it worth playing those through before I possibly quit?
>>
>>386726568
I agree with you everything except legendary weapons and armor, which made the game feel like borderlands, were unbalanced and trivialized exploration since you always knew that no matter how much you explored the wastes, you would never get something as good as you would by farming legendary opponents. I also felt that weapon modding made investment in int too much of a necessity, since that's how you got the most out of your weapon. They should have made all weapon mods be available at stores, so that you also had the option to invest in charisma or barter to get them cheaper, since most stores only had shitty ones.
>>
>>386725925
>MOTHER FUCKING MARCY LONG (Why the fuck does Beth always have these asshole characters that you're not allowed to kill or tell them off?)
pretty sure they patched that out so she's killable now

>You have to manually arm your settlers because they're too stupid to go through your container's and take all the legendary weapons/armor you'll never use again.
they do do that though. It's actually annoying and I have to hide my loot somewhere they shouldn't be able to get to

everything else is a real problem I wished they fixed.
>>
File: 1477264124357.jpg (69KB, 564x657px) Image search: [Google]
1477264124357.jpg
69KB, 564x657px
>>386717047
>play a run
>run through Shaun
>proceed to bayonet my way through the Institute then leave
>>
>>386709396
Why not both? Decrease max health and certain thresholds give you various debuffs
>>
File: image.jpg (553KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
553KB, 1920x1080px
Get whoever does the DLC to make the game instead
Far Harbour, Point lookout, the Pitt as well as the themes in mini dlcs like automatron are much better than the main fallout 3 and 4 games.
Or hire the new vegas writers like Horizon zero dawn did
>>
>>386709396
FO4's radiation system was nice, but entirely pointless. In a normal game you can just fly high on stimpaks and not care if half your health is eaten up by radiation, in survival a stiff breeze can kill you so why care about half your health not being there?
>>
>>386726945
Play Far Harbor. I don't know what I can say about it but I felt good when I played and finished it, more than I ever had with the base game.

I can only hope that Far Harbor is a sign of better things to come from Bethesda's Fallout and Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>386726945
>Other than that they're hypocritical fascists that have no fun/relatable characters
Guess what, the Brotherhood of Steel ARE NOT the good guys. They're technology hoarding xenophobes you'll shoot you if you look at them funny.
>>
>>386712859
Sounds like a more lore-friendly kind of approach considering the cores actually last for ages
>>
>>386701653
Nothing ground breaking, base building and supply lines, improved simulation for those and shit would be cash.
>>
>>386727626
I'm fine with hypocritical fascists if they're written well anon. I even remember something about the higher command being inbred and mentally ill.

I'm saying they aren't written well. Nothing you do gives them a reaction. The most variance you get is prick and non-prick that is just a shop/quest giver.

Usually these factions can still be fun if they have muti-layered or fun characters, or even are satisfying if you want to play as a fascist.

They're just not satisfying for me.
>>
>>386702247
All this. Remake NV with these improvements and it's gun b gud
>>
>>386728240
Also the character creator was good
>>
>>386727626
>implying the Brotherhood of Steel aren't the good guys
>>
>>386701653
Absolutely nothing. Shitty game on it's own and fucking insulting for a fallout game. Fallout is not about looting and shooting. It's a RPG focused on characters and interesting locations.
>>
>>386709396
Radiation felt more intensive in the other games.

Really, the trick to radiation is to increase radaway's scarcity, and make radiation feel like a much more tangible threat. Fallout 1 did do it well with the trip to the Glow requiring you to plan ahead and get supplies. I'd try to make the world more difficult like that. It shouldn't just be that enemies are your only threat (who often come off as inconveniences)
>>
File: image.jpg (663KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
663KB, 1920x1080px
Settlements are fun with all the DLC.
Still needs more building types (sandcrete and other post apoc but not destroyed styles), named NPCs with unique dialog, better AI, random events and non-minutemen quests. But it's still fun.
I have no idea how Bethesda completely missed the opportunity to have radiant quests within settlements that didnt involve simply protecting them.
>>
>>386713538
>>386725080
>>386726568
Personally, it would have made the most sense both story and difficulty wise if you weren't allowed to have powerarmor until the Prydwen showed up.
>>
If the Power Armor was any slower I'd kill myself.

Mid game progression should be fine
>>
>>386727626
I'm playing FO1 and they seem alright. They trade with caravans and give them technology for goods, they drove off muties from human settlements, and shared technology with settlements, at least according to the FO1 ending. The only bad thing about them is that they don't let outsiders in and send them on nigh impossible suicide missions, which they tell you is dangerous as fuck before you go, so it's not even like they're tricking you into going to die. I haven't played FO2 yet, do they turn into monsters there, or is the "the bos is evil" thing just a meme.
>>
Look at the biggest weakpoints and you get an idea on how to fix it

1) Voiced protagonist was a mistake simply for the fact that it limits player choice and roleplaying
The lack of roleplaying really hit the game hard.

2) No karma is garbage because again: No roleplaying

3) Giving the player powerarmor 10 minutes into the game was a mistake because you got to experience god mode before doing any work for it which gives you the feel that you have already seen everything this game has to offer

4) Making half of all characters in the game essential and so unkillable gives the player yet again the feel that the few choices existing don't matter at all and that you are just here to experience one story from one possible direction and thats it

5) The copypaste Skyrim level system was a mistake because it removes challenge and again removes player influence.

In short:
Remove the player voice actor and give the player atleast F3/NV dialog options again.
Bring back Karma.
Don't hand out OP shit right at the start of the fucking game.
Don't handhold your players. Give them the option to fuck up quests by killing NPCs - Maybe thats what they even want.
And at last: Bring back the old skilling system
>>
File: image.jpg (361KB, 1418x796px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
361KB, 1418x796px
>>386729161
You can literally mod it to run faster

Also why is Bethesda so obsessed ugh Red Rocket
>>
>>386729414
Karma was garbage in FO3 and is a garbage rpg mechanic. I believe you meant to type, "reputation". Only New Vegas implemented it sorta alright, where it only mattered for the endings and didn't affect the gameplay at all.
>>
>>386729573
I admit that karma in FO3 and NV both had it mistakes.
Especially in FO3 where it often made zero sense whatsoever

>helping ghouls kill everyone is good karma
>killing the beasts who slaughered innocent old people who just lived with the asshole Tenpenny is bad karma.

But having no karma whatsover is also not good and you need a karma system if you want to have a reputation system. And reputation is good because it gives you options and makes the world feel more alive.
>>
>>386702050
They trivialized power armor. It was late game equipment that needed training to wear but now you it it 10 minutes into the game. Bethesda is so bad at balancing that they pulled the same retarded shit with Operation Anchorage dlc for Fallout 3, allowing you to get power armor training and the best power armor in the game at level fucking 4.
>>
>>386729721
>but having no karma whatsover is also not good and you need a karma system if you want to have a reputation system
No you don't. Reputation is something that had nothing to do with "karma". When you meet new people, they know nothing about you alignment or inner feelings, just about the things you've done and should judge you only according to them, ie your reputation. In FO3, somehow people where able to tell I was evil or good, not because of my actions, but because some random karma counter told them I was evil. They somehow knew I stole, or murdered, even if I did it in secret, because apparently having evil karma make my character wear a shirt saying he's a cunt. Also it was broken in that you could nuke a town, but giving enough water to a random mook somehow made you jesus again and everyone forgot about what you did. Like I said, Karma should have no effect on gameplay, only reputation should.
>>
>>386729934
>This
Karma should only change your dialog options
>>
Shooting Mechanics
Junk Items being useful for breaking down.
Better crafting mechanics and WAY better crafting menus (exception being that tying certain crafting to perks is bad)
Settlement System (however, it came with the flaw of dead empty towns besides Diamond City and Goodneighbor)
Armor system. (Except I really missed the Leather Armor Reinforced from NV/3 aka The Mad max armor)
Weapon Mods
Power Armor
Quick Loot menu
Sprinting and Grenade Button with needing mods
Weapon Bash melee

They made a lot of great improvements but also fucked up a lot

Weapon Variety is pitiful
The Legendary weapon drop system feels shit compared to Unique weapons.
Every "dungeon" have a box of randomized loot
Dialogue is pathetically limited with almost no real RPG element to it
No skill/SPECIAL checks
SPECIAL is almost completely irrelevant
No level cap dumbs the game down drastically, builds are nonexistent.
Factions are not unique at all. Every faction that isn't the Institute ends in assaulting/destroying the Institute. Having 1 big bad boogeyman faction (Institute) is pretty much to root of it.
Perks are fucking streamlined to hell and back. Especially Gun perks. "Pistols" "2 handed guns" "Automatic guns" dmg+ etc

They basically designed a Soulless open world shoot n loot with Fallout as a setting instead of a Fallout game.
>>
Power armor should require power armor training or else it will slow you down or overencumber you.
You should be able to find shitty stripped down power armor on raiders and mercs that has no bad effects though like what the NCR heavy troopers in NV whore. The higher level power armors should require training to even move in at all.
>>
>>386729414
>Voiced protagonist was a mistake simply for the fact that it limits player choice and roleplaying
There was nothing wrong with the voiced protag. What was wrong, was that Bethesda used the voiced protag as an excuse to have less dialog because "Bawww so expensive." When fucking CDProject Red did just fine doing it that way.

They were obviously trying to copy Mass Effect but even those games had multiple dialog trees that brached off of one another and most dialog options weren't the same shit reworded 4 different ways.

>The copypaste Skyrim level system was a mistake because it removes challenge and again removes player influence.
At least in Skyrim if you used a cretin skill long enough you actually got better at it.
>>
>>386730359
>nothing wrong with the voiced protag
it killed modding
>>
>>386730359
>There was nothing wrong with the voiced protag
Thing is that having a voiced protagonist not only breaks the role playing aspect of an RPG, but also severely limits the dialogue options. I know that you can just pay out the ass to have different voice actors, different dialogues depending on low int, high charisma, high speech and other stat qualifiers, and shit like, but lets be realistic, they won't. Fallout 4 was their most ambitious and expensive project to date, and look at the horrific dialogue system we got. The lack of options was embarrassing and the delivery of most dialogues was atrocious. If you're an evil character for example, why the fuck does your character act like a goofy retard or make dumb jokes/one liners? Because they simply didn't want to pay the VA's to do different takes of the delivery depending on how you're building your character.

>When fucking CDProject Red did just fine doing it that way.
Geralt was an established character with somewhat established ideals. Not a blank slate like most Fallout protagonists have been.
>>
File: 1482199299028.gif (587KB, 743x498px) Image search: [Google]
1482199299028.gif
587KB, 743x498px
Why is Skyrim 4 so ugly?
>>
File: 1488497138371.png (615KB, 783x520px) Image search: [Google]
1488497138371.png
615KB, 783x520px
>>
>>386701653
i liked
the gunplay (even tho it was mediocre at best)
the ability to mix armor types
upgrading armor/weapons
power armor
cool idle animation
building settlements
character creation

i no like
sponge enemies
'here take the power armor and minigun and you can also fuck mama murphy in the butt'
cant do all all faction quests lines in a single run (unlike fnv/skyrim)
settlers are retarded
respawn of the same enemys in the same location
limited amount of stuff you can build in one settlement
NPC followers speak non stop while you walk around
some items can be upgraded, while others cant
>>
>>386701653
The radiation storms and the glowing sea were probably the only good things it brought to the series other than the character creator.

The MC being voiced resulted in so many poor design choices so I can only hope they decide against it in future installments.
>>
File: 1477022055662.png (519KB, 575x803px) Image search: [Google]
1477022055662.png
519KB, 575x803px
>>
>>386701653
this whole game sucked and was worse than FO3 in pretty much every way except graphics, but even then the graphics look like they're straight out of a ps3 game.
>>
File: Untitled.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>386733387
>some random modder can make better animations than Bethesda on a engine made of shit
>>
>>386702372
I would have liked settlement building a lot more if you could have repaired houses and structures. It annoyed me a lot that you couldn't use a buttload of concrete to fix the giant hole in The Castle, for example.

There's no reason why you shouldn't have been able to fix up abandoned houses either.
>>
File: 1488526500706.jpg (363KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488526500706.jpg
363KB, 1920x1080px
>>386733387
>>386733475
>all rifles are left handed
>>
>>386701653
Like other people have said, it had better shooting mechanics.

It's a small thing, but I like how stimpacks and radaway didn't immediately cure you, and also how radiation cuts into your overall health.
>>
>>386733475
That looks cool and all, but fuck trying to reload that in the middle of a battle
>>
>>386715727
Fallout 4 weapon mods made the game 10x worse because that is what made Beth only put in like 5 fucking actual guns into the whole game. Also the reason why the steamer chests all have the same fucking utter garbage in them: "it's a shit gun but hey pick it up and you can turn it into something better!! Nevermind you have 20 of those back at your base."
New Vegas actually had weapon variety and the mods were nice quality of life improvements rather than gamebreaking shit (i.e. putting a silencer on fucking everything or a full auto powerful combat rifle which made SMGs, pipe guns, the assault rifle and other guns completely fucking worthless.)
>>
>>386733810
I have the game on half speed, the reload at full speed is way faster.
>>
File: 1486741579472.jpg (322KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486741579472.jpg
322KB, 1280x720px
Modern Fallout games are so boring. Imagine if Bethesda actually took risks and used their imagination.
>>
>>386702050
>power armors are everywhere
>bandits all over the place with it
>power cores everywhere

Fucking trash. A power armor should be a big deal and be rare as fuck.
In for example Fallout Tactics they got it right because not just any mook in the Brotherhood was allowed to wear one and when bandits got a hold of a power armor in the story they basically became gods of a town because no one could touch them.

Every single power armor you came across should've felt special in F4. You building a power armor from scraps should've been a long quest.
Then finding a complete and intact power armor should've been limited to a very difficult and hidden bunker out in the green sea or some shit.
>>
>>386711949
>character creator which imo is the best one in any single player RPG ever

since your first rpg was probably dark soul, I won't tell you to off yourself
>>
>>386702372
>Settlement building was good, but I guess it's too far from what a Fallout game should be. Nevertheless, it was a fun addition.

Settlement building should've been limited to a single location where you try and build a safe haven for people with you running the place as you wished.
Making you having to build tons of smaller ones was a bad idea and made it lack significance.
>>
I liked the glowing sea. Nothing interesting was done with it by the game, but it was still a neat area.
>>
>>386711949
>the character creator which imo is the best one in any single player RPG ever
>>
>>386729414
>1) Voiced protagonist was a mistake simply for the fact that it limits player choice and roleplaying

Voice protag is fine so long as so you it properly
>make choices non voiced, simply assume your character said the line after you select it and jump directly to the person you're talking to responding to you
>save voiceacting to specific cutscenes or events where voiceacting would enhance the scene
>etc
>>
>>386724923
It is because it is voiced. That alone ruins the game as a RPG. Every time I tried to make my character act the way I want him to he still sounds like a faggot.

It doesn't help that the VAs sound either coked out half the time or on bored out of their fucking minds.
>>
>>386734848
Videogames will never be a good medum for roleplaying, especially the further into the future we get.

Stick to PnP if you want to roleplay.
>>
>>386734941
Not an argument. 1,2 NV and to a much lesser extent 3 did a good job. Daggerfall, Oblivion and Morrowind too. It's lite-RPG but they actually have RPG elements.
>>
File: 1478121182283.jpg (62KB, 585x467px) Image search: [Google]
1478121182283.jpg
62KB, 585x467px
I'll never understand why people whine about Power Armor being overpowered when once you unlocked Ballistic Weave you didn't even need power armor. And all things considered, it's a single player game, there's no need for that much balance
>>
>>386735141
It's because you get it in the first 5 minutes of the fucking game.
>>
>>386734848
I've always hated silent protagonists because it's fucking stupid to have a character who's saying fucking nothing. No, the autism of PRETEND doesn't add to the experience of lack of dialogue
>>
File: 1482806357408.jpg (39KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
1482806357408.jpg
39KB, 534x401px
>>386735141
>single player game
>no need for balance
Why even play? I'd just activate cheat codes in a game if I wanted no challenge.
>>
>>386735257
That's because you're an autistic, ADHD-ridden child that had his imagination replaced with a void in your pea-brain.
>>
>>386735250
And unless you know where a stash of power cores are in those first five minutes, you don't get to use it very long. The game isn't even that hard without it, I dumped my suit at Sanctuary and never came back for it. Once I had ballistic Weave had even less use for it because I could be a walking tank regardless with the extra benefits of custom armor
>>
>>386735345
That's true and I never touched it but the game throws it at you in the beginning whereas in previous Fallout games you had to "earn it" at some point and it came with the negative of having to be carried around and equipped. In 4 they just hand it to you. Also Fusion Cores become extremely prevalent pretty quickly.
>>
>>386735313
You're the retard who wants to immerse himself into autistic fantasy because you hate your life, not me. I don't play pretend when I play videogames, I see them as me witnessing events, and I prefer the characters have personalities and motives. If I can manipulate some of those values, fine, but don't act as if lack of something is a benefit to a character and not a con. It's a game with set boundaries, options, and outcomes, not your pen and paper shit, it will never be a proper role playing game in that sense so don't try to add facets that won't work
>>
>>386735141
>early game power armor
>ballistic weave
That just proves that Bethesda has no idea how to balance a game
>>
>>386733475
What mod is this from?
>>
>>386735306
It's an advantage you don't have to use you retard. it's a choice, not a necessity. You sound like those retards who unlock the Handcannon or Chicago Typewriter in RE4 and complain that it kills everything. THEN DON'T USE IT YOU FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>386735502
this whole post reeks of underage call of duty kid
>>
>>386735502
>I want my games to be movies
>calling others retarded
Go pop your autistm medication, put your paci back in and go lay down for a nap.
>>
Honestly, the game is not nearly as bad as /v/ makes it out to be. It has several issues, but it's a huge improvement over past titles in gameplay terms. Obviously Bethesda isn't known for making great stories, and the dialogue wheel/voiced protag weren't a good decision. Other than that it's a solid game, they actually managed to make crafting fun, which is something almost all games fuck up at.
>>
>>386735113
>Not an argument.

Not even gonna bother giving a serious reply to someone resorting to parroting meme.
Stay delusional then.
>>
>>386735545
They don't have to balance a single-player game.
>>
>>386735656
In no way is what you said an argument. RPG video games are still RPGs.
>delusional
Says the person who denies anything but PnP can be a RPG
>>
>>386701653
It actually sold well.
>>
Bayonets and pistol whipping were cool
>>
>>386735141
>>386735502
>>386735582
>>386735656
>>386735689
hi neogaf
>>
>>386702859
Quick loot was so good I had to install it in New Vegas.
>>
Quickloot, character creation, settlement building can be fun if your into that, better companions.

Honestly the modding wasn't that much better imo. Too many mods that just felt useless. Quality over quantity.
>>
bringing in a vertical travel with the jetpack, however its kind of pointless as there is no hidden mission or unique weapons to net from having a jetpack, they really wasted that opportunity desu.
>>
>>386735689

i just love RPG systems with random arbitrary values and no sense of progression or logic its great game design xD
>>
>>386735605
So you have no argument. Good to know

>>386735609
I called you an idiot because you claimed I lacked imagination because I don't like autistic silent characters because retards like you want to pretend what they sound like. And I never said I wanted my games to be like movies you idiot, I said I SEE them as platforms where I witness events because a game can not recreate the experience of genuine pen and paper games where imagination is pretty much needed and a requirement. This is why nip RPGs are better because they mostly don't bother with the PRETEND autism and simply just tell a story
>>
>>386736021
Not even worth reading, you've already outed yourself as underage. If you want to watch a movie go watch a movie you little aspergic cretin.
>>
>>386735545
You don't have to use power armor or ballistic weave, it's an option. You're crying like a faggot over nothing
>>
>>386736079
>Continues with ad hom and not with a proper argument

Looks the only one underaged here is you
>>
I just started playing it, I think it's great. only other fallout I played was nv and yes it seems dumhed down from that, but I don't mind it because gameplay feels fluid and it's easy to get into.

sincerely,

your
wifes
son
>>
File: ScreenShot9.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot9.png
2MB, 1440x900px
>he is in Virgin Settlement mode
>not being in Chad Civilization mode
>>
File: 1398689464711.png (71KB, 614x496px) Image search: [Google]
1398689464711.png
71KB, 614x496px
>>386701653
Fallout 4 had good animations, good looking characters and shooting mechanics were pretty good.
Everything else is a pile of garbage.
Every side quest involves killing raiders.
Main villianious faction lacks good motives and railroad is shoved it there like some fucking:"Hippies of the wasteland" the group.
The world is stupidly build and lacks interesting locations. The only cool location is the glowing sea.
And thanks for the inclusion of voiced protagonist and set story of finding your son, even mods can't save this game. I tried it, it did not safe it for me. Mods saved Skyrim for me, not this pile of garbage.
>>
fallout 5 is gonna punish you for choosing to play as a man
>>
The main three things that were shit:

>voiced protagonist means if I make a 60 year old nigger my character still sounds like a 30 year old beta white dude. and it limits dialogue options because the sentences have to be shorter since speaking them takes up too much time if they're planescape affairs, and costs more to make a shitload of VA lines. give me my RP back reeeee
>bring back traits, skill points, and make skills matter in gameplay/dialogue like an actual rpg again
>fusion cores are shit, in the lore only T-45 required constant batteries, T-51 and better had their own fusion power that is supposed to last for centuries. I don't really know any fix to this though because admittedly in every other fallout game, power armor basically turns the game into boring easy mode. except the faggot end fallout 2 where you get critted in the eye for 1,000,000 damage still
>>
>>386736391
meant to say that other than this, pretty much everything was an improvement. wait, also:

>no slide show ending

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA fallout 4 ending actually made me mad
>>
>>386734153
They should have made that deathclaw at the start fuck up the power armor completely in a scripted sequence cause it was already damaged and you keep the frame and have a long quest collecting the pieces so you can venture into the radiated wastes later on.
>>
>>386703236
Yeah that was stupid imo.

But the PA in FO4 was fantastically handled. I loved it.
>>
File: 1487209556015.png (200KB, 960x730px) Image search: [Google]
1487209556015.png
200KB, 960x730px
>>386736543
>But the PA in FO4 was fantastically handled. I loved it.
>>
>>386736706
Alright, the fusion core thing could have been handled better but the actual PA was great.

It really felt like stepping into a humanoid tank. Felt like Samus or Iron Man or something.
>>
>>386736391
>Lots of long "dialogue" options that resulted in barely different scripted responses

No thanks
>>
>>386736706
He's not wrong, Power Armor used to just be just basic armor in the previous games but FA4 actually took steps to make them unique. I like the fact that it operates as an actual power suit now with a HUD and minor nuances like the hydraulic sounds when you move and immunity from falling damage and now this experience won't be perfected because of autists whining about MUH POWER CORES
>>
>>386736151
Not worth arguing with a literal teenager who wants his games to be a movie devoid of interaction. Have your mommy print out your post and put it on the fridge if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>386703236
they could of just stripped it from you with some sort of bullshit like the frame seizing up after the deathclaw, actually have making the frame and circuitry being the hardest thing to make and something to work towards, while stripping parts and armor only from the found or enemy ones in the game would be an improvement in the game, make power armor something to work towards
>>
>>386711192
this
>>386715797
Too much too quick

>>386701653
this OP
>>386715992
IMO The
Settlement building
Weapons creating/modding
Armour modding/creating

All three for me (along with improved character creation and stuff like facial burns and scars etc) are all a positive in the game which can be expanded on in depth and detail in future titles.

The problem is Bethesda take a good idea (weapons creating) then put it through a mangle then into a pile of shit
>design team wanted the weapons to look like they were created by someone with 0 knowledge of weaponry
>MC is a war vet
>>
>>386716628
Yeah bruh go easy on your dick
>>
All the positives are offset by their insistence on paid mods. They changed the way plugins for the game worked and hampered mod development as a precursor to forcing all mode through their pay for service. Bethesda never again.
>>
>>386703407
wouldnt mind a system like in dragon quest builders, basically you create a room or house and the npc will use it, eg you make a room with a cooking spit in it and you can use it as a normal cooking bench but if you add extra things in the room like a chest stools and tables ect. once you get certain items in the room the npcs will then use it to cook and feed themselves and will add excess food to the cheat in the room
>>
>>386709831
It saddens me that bethesda hates the praise NV got and now wont use any cool mechanic like that out of pride.
>>
>>386733491
yeah that pissed me off to no end
>all this steel
>all those holes in the roof

Also the weird like snap magnet fit when putting pieces together and you were pretty limited at times like when putting up a wooden fence but its red cause the edge is touching a hedge, also all the gaps you'd have in your fences cause they'd go red when touching other fence parts, even though thats the point
>>
File: shrug cat.jpg (255KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
shrug cat.jpg
255KB, 1200x900px
>>386734472
sure, it's good if you're fine with pre made pieces instead of making your own faces.
>>
I really wish the building system had more premade structures because I really didn't have the autism to spend hours on building...Or the imagination
>>
File: 1434539940325.png (207KB, 722x675px) Image search: [Google]
1434539940325.png
207KB, 722x675px
>>386701653
Best companions by far. Lots of voice acting, lots of unique personality, personal quests, memorable quotes, good affection raising system and you could fuck them too.

I really enjoyed the whole building your own settlements minigame. I hope they keep that in future games.

Also best combat. The gunplay in FO3 and NV sucked ass. Now guns actually register, there is much more variety, you dont have rely on vats so much, enemies actually try to dodge instead of just standing still and so on.

Things not to repeat:
>dialog wheel
>The Institute
>no level cap
>power armor after 30 minutes of playing
>no skill system
>did I mention the fucking godawful dialog wheel?
>>
File: Ocelot_young.jpg (53KB, 1272x716px) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot_young.jpg
53KB, 1272x716px
>>386733810
>exhilarating
>>
>>386736891

>hi i am underage and never played fallout before oblivion with guns so i don't know what i'm talking about but i'll talk about it like i do any way because WEEE INTERNETS!

how about you fuck off.

power armour was explicitly an hulking exoskeletal system in fo, fo 2, and tactics. so you shut you're filthy whore mouth if you're just gonna vomit out todds cum all over threads.
>>
File: 1482598741926.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482598741926.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
This game is good
>>
>>386701653
Survival was fun, but it highlighted everything that was mechanically wrong with the gameplay.
A fallout formed around that degree of depth and difficulty would be truly satisfying.
>>
>>386701653
Settlements.
God damn were settlements great.
I just wish they were more like Fallout Shelter. That you could level your settlers and send them on missions and shit. That they could grow an inventory of junk, equipment, etc, for you.

Imagine having the option of playing a high charisma mafia boss or a preston-style militia commander and spending half the game building your settlements up and managing your settlers while they slowly get stronger, bring you back power armor, bring back better guns, etc.

Eventually, without doing much dirty work yourself, you have the wasteland crawling with high-level, well-armored, heavily armed underlings who help you out any time you're around and keep shit like brotherhood patrols, institute ambushes, mirelurks, etc, under control.
>>
>>386702050
>>386711192
>>386712609
>>386711547
imo cores should've been rare as fuck but last forever like they're supposed to.

Those bitches are supposed to last centuries, aren't they?

I'd much rather they give you the power armor suit much later in the game, but still have it be virtually the first suit you get access to.

Make power armor a whole class of endgame armor that's been hoarded as a priceless superweapon by every group in the commonwealth.
>>
Shooting shit and exploring a pretty nice open world was fun
The settlement building was also neat
>>
File: 1490758391575.jpg (23KB, 427x452px) Image search: [Google]
1490758391575.jpg
23KB, 427x452px
>>386743159
>>
https://twitter.com/bethesdastudios/status/895640455593041920

They're making a goty edition if any of you slowpokes didn't play it
>>
File: 1499846990583.jpg (29KB, 652x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499846990583.jpg
29KB, 652x540px
All the homes I build look the same boring box and everytime I try to be creative, the shit dosen't connect properly
>>
>>386745994
But Fallout 4 never won GOTY did it?
>>
>>386702372
settlements where too distracting
>>
>>386701653
Obviously the looting and shooting; one neat thing FO3/4 did was take a familiar setting and nuke it; game crashes less than FO3/NV
>>
>>386701653
literally nothing but the looting system. The shooting was still shit.
>>
>>386734153
And then you have the Nuka World DLC which is filled to the brim with post war power armor
>>
File: achievement unlocked.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
achievement unlocked.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
>>386742221

get fucked cunt, power armor was always intended to be human tank-tier, like Jin-Roh armor. Did you even see how suited up and armored up the APA was? you can suck my asshole if that was "explicitly an hulking exoskeletal system". They expanded on the human tank element quite well, about the only good thing in the game
>>
>>386701653

Shooting.

Legendary items are cool in concept, though could be better balanced.

Companions are worse than New Vegas, but I think the groundwork is there to make it better.

Character customization is better than it's ever been, don't change a thing there.

Settlements are fun distractions.
>>
fucking hell, just finished the neo nazi questline. i can see how rami was in volved.

>that moment when it's reveled that the whole institute is an allegory for jews,
>>
>>386735502
>I don't like RPGs, therefore they should change the mechanics to suit the game genre I like
>>
>>386740125
I still don't understand how thy created an entire mod system for guns and got too lazy to even add enough mods so every base gun doesn't only have 6-8 visual permutations
>>
>>386734153
>>386736451
>give you a brief taste of invincibility and power unlike anything in previous games
>have it taken away from you and now motivated and driven to find all the pieces and rebuild your power armor
>no random power armors left unguarded and untouched for 200 years on trains before you came along
>maybe only one rare, fully assembled power armor missing a power core in a dangeroue and deadly bunker in the green sea

How is it that /v/ writes a better Fallout 4 than Bethesda. This would fix so much shit and make power armor feel really meaningful.
>>
>>386701743
>>386703241
>>386704281
>>386704363
>>386704774
>>386710534
>>386717697
>>386733605
>>386736310
>>386747050
>>386747372
>shooting
>mechanics
So your gun magically reloading when you switch from one weapon to another is a good mechanic.
Collision boxes still as fucked up as always.
Scopes are fucked up.
Guns are same-ish so good luck making your shit up, or should I say "opinion".
And poor design does affect mechanics.

Bad design ruins everything.
>>
I don't understand the Railroad. Its such a weird faction. It makes sense if it was composed mainly of synths, but it mostly humans.
It just doesn't make sense because synths are not the only group suffering. There is literally ghouls outside their HQ that kills just about everybody that walks in. The entire world is in ruin, its so weird for them to single synths out.
>>
>>386702050
i really liked the power armor designs in FO4 but the animations looked like shit.
>>
Bethesda should have made X6-88 a cute girl. People would have been more likely to join them.
>>
>>386747693
You are such a fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>386737353
source?
>>
>>386749365
The same reason most SJWs are white
>>
File: 20170804122325_1.jpg (618KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170804122325_1.jpg
618KB, 3840x2160px
>>386734472
Dragon's Dogma had the best boob physics.
>>
>>386748010
My idea of how RPGs should be is the only right idea
>>
>>386701743
the many attributes resulted in decent loot
almost like diablo but they didn't go far enough still didn't bother to mod loot for once
>>
>>386749365
> The entire world is in ruin, its so weird for them to single synths out.

This is one of the big problems with Fo4's plot/worldbuilding. The main plot revolves around them and everyone seemingly has an opinion on them, but there's a million other things going on that seem much more urgent/interesting.

It's even worse given how badly The Institute is written and how vague their goals are. Synths should've been the subject of a few sidequests, but then bethesda had to go and make them the most important thing in the world, without giving much of a reason WHY they're so important.
>>
>>386749201
Yeah they said it improved, not that it was good. Compared to the abomination of gunplay in F3 or NV Fallout 4's gunplay is much better
>>
>>386750872
Synths are also a big issue considering that they're so freakishly inconsistent. people can get mad about how power armor is presented, but it's mostly the same from game to game, with a few tweaks here and there. Walking tank. Synths? Why are they so impossible to distinguish before death? Why is it doable after? Why does it matter? Why are they noteworthy when YOUR GODDAMN ROBOT BUTLER has been outside your house for centuries? They're just robotic people, who gives a fuck, shit.
>>
Weapon customization and better gunplay
>>
>>386703759
Weapon mods ruined Unique weapons... FNV had a good system already.
>>
>>386734153
Not everyone in fo4 BoS wears power armor, there's plenty of lightly armored grunts
>>
File: 1482826186986.jpg (107KB, 634x426px) Image search: [Google]
1482826186986.jpg
107KB, 634x426px
>>386749365
>anyone giving a fuck about walking toasters in a post apocalyptic wasteland full of monsters
>anyone willing to risk their lives for said anthropomorphic toasters
It's fucking retarded.
>>
Better engine, just poorly optimized.
>>
>>386753851
No, lazyness ruined uniques.
>>
File: Fallout4bad2.png (4MB, 1601x872px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4bad2.png
4MB, 1601x872px
>>386701653

I can't think of anything. Anything at all.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.