[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a more overrated game? it's literally assassin's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (62KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
62KB, 300x360px
Is there a more overrated game? it's literally assassin's creed tier
>movement is shit, marston is slow as fuck
>no stealth
>health regen
>completely flat and empty open world
>horse controls are terrible
>buggy
>gunplay is underwhelming
>>
File: wew.jpg (307KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
307KB, 1111x597px
>>386695781
Never ever PeeCuck
>>
>>386695862
I have an xbox 360.
Great job refuting my argument though.
Your favorite game just sucks.
>>
Trying to go through doors was my main complaint.

I had no problem controlling the horse though so I don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>386695862
>le peecuck memes xDD
not an argument
>>
>tfw this is still the GOAT open world game
>>
>>386695976
>>386696571
>being so butthurt he has to lie on the Internet
Are you going to find a random 360 pic on the internet and pretend it's yours too?
>>
>>386695781
>empty

I felt like there was more to do in this game than any other open world game. The ambient challenges like hunting, collecting flowers or sharpshooting are really awesome plus the towns have so much like bounty hunting, games, nightwatches
>>
>>386696714
>still not having an argument
>>
>>386696714
How did you get being butthurt out of this
>>
It's okay. It is pretty much just a slower GTA with horses.

Some of the writing and voice acting is neato and the world they built is great but all in all it's not really that special.
The funnest bits other than the main story was hunting and it eventually got stale.

>LE NEVER EVER XXXDDDD

I wouldn't be fussed if it came to PC since I played it on PS3 and there's not really any reason to go back to it since it isn't fun to just fuck around in like GTA.
>>
Health Regen
What's wrong with health regen exactly? Can't you also buy medicine to heal yourself if you don't want to wait?

>Flat and empty open world.
I don't consider it empty. I loved doing Bounty's, robbing the town bank, playing poker and blackjack, treasure hunting and hunting animals. I always liked trying to kill bears in the forest with just my knife.

>Horse controls are terrible.
Never had much issue with them. They weren't perfect but they weren't bad either.
>>
File: IMG_0048.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>386696714
Why are you getting so angry? RDR is just a mediocre game.
>>
>>386695781

my only complaint is that aiming while galloping on a horse requires some korean finger dexterity.

otherwise it's 11/10 GOTYAY
>>
>>386695781
>>no stealth
??????
it's a fucking cowboy game u fucktard
>>
>>386695781
>Is there a more overrated game?
The Last of Us probably, but RDR is definitely up there among the most overrated games. My personal top 3 complaints would be:
>At least 80% of the world is just brown, empty prairie which looks boring and has no content
>Insanely repetitive gameplay. Most quests are just "Go there, shoot everyone, come back"
>Numerous graphical glitches such as door and face textures disappearing or fucking up otherwise during cutscenes
Like, the game is clearly unfinished. I can't understand why people are eating it all up and hailing it as some sort of masterpiece. I didn't even remember that the game has regenerating health but it makes sense since RDR was made with the casual audience in mind. Overall, it's just a poor man's GTA set in the wild west.
>>
>>386695862
This. 10 years and pc cucks are still SEETHING.. nigga like give it up AHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>386695781
>see someone bitching about rdr gotd being "overrated" or shit
>they're a PC fag

Every time.
>>
>>386697971
>The Last of Us
>game
>>
YOUR HAND'S UPON
>>
>>386695862
Watch PC cucks say RDR2 is tHE GREATEST OF ALL TIME if they get a port.
>>
After playing Gun, I found RDR profoundly disappointing in every way.
>>
>>386698103
Yes, it is a game. Just not a particularly amazing one. Not bad, either. Just "pretty okay"
>>
File: L.A._Noire_cover_2.jpg (595KB, 848x1049px) Image search: [Google]
L.A._Noire_cover_2.jpg
595KB, 848x1049px
now that the dust has settled can we agree this game was a flawed masterpiece?

i had 100+ hours driving around in free roam. such an exciting open world to explore
>>
>>386695781
You're so fucken mad about an old game loads of people liked that never made it to PC, can't you go shitpost about manlets or 60fps or something to make yourself feel better, this confrontational and argumentative thing is not going to work out for your mental health and virginity.
>>
>>386695781
I have to admit I actually bought this game this year and was extremely disappointed. Not because of how outdated it is (I played it at at a friends house at launch) I'm just upset that it truly is an extremely fucking boring game that never really leaves that territory. The multiplayer is fun but extremely inconsequential.
>>
>>386698252
Yup
See@386698332
If LA Noire was console exclusives Pc cucks would be fuming over this game like how they are still now with RDR. It's so embarassing and easy to predict PC cuck's being butthurt.
>>
>>386695781
RDR is a great example of a game that manages to be great desire having kind of shitty gameplay.
>>
>>386698103

Most people who say this haven't even played it, guaranteed. It actually has a lot of gameplay focused on movement and its quite good too
>>
>>386698097
I own an xbox. see
>>386697852

RDR is just mediocre. There's literally nothing to justify calling it gotd.
>>
>>386698513
We got a port of GTA 5.
GTA 5 isn't so great, multiplayer is fun though.
>>
>>386698252
Only if it comes in 60FPS, otherwise they'll autistically screech "literally unplayable".
>>
>>386698332
Would have been fine as an adventure game.
>>
>>386695781

Yep

The old west was a dry, old desert

Surprise surprise it makes for a boring game
>>
>>386697889
>koreans are 'naturally' gifted at dead genres of games they dedicated the majority of their life too

Please don't start this meme up again. I bodied enough of these faggots on RTS, FGs, and FPS to know they are nothing special.
>>
>>386698592
Gta 5 sucks ass, that doesn't count.
>>
>>386698449
I own an xbox. see>>386697852

Why are you getting so emotional over valid criticism?
>>
>>386698332
>such an exciting open world to explore
wtf are you talking about? there was nothing to do except occasionally stop crimes and collect film reels
it's a nice looking recreation of 40's LA but there isn't much to do
>>
>>386698747

if they're so terrible at vidya then why are you so salty?

that's not even the worst thing about koreans, fucking neckbeard keyboard warrior.
>>
>>386698103
I mean, 90% of The Last of Us consists of awful shooting and sneaking sequences so clearly it is a game. I find it funny that when people insult it they just call it a movie or something like that when in fact you always have to go through like two hours of shitty gameplay to get maybe five minutes of character development. For a game that's supposed to be all about the story and the characters it sure as hell doesn't put enough focus on them, focusing instead on all of the weaker aspects to completely ruin the experience.

>>386698332
Now if we're talking criminally overrated "games", here's a textbook example. Practically zero gameplay, just collect clues and interrogate, collect clues and interrogate, collect clues and interrogate, collect clues and interrogate... it just goes on and on and it's repetitive and tedious as fuck, not to mention that you don't actually have to succeed in anything. You can complete the game even if you screw up literally everything, and the mediocre shooting parts can be skipped too if they're too hard. 10/10 GOTY, no question about it.
>>
>>386698757
So does RDR.
>>
File: Xxbng.jpg (96KB, 1338x716px) Image search: [Google]
Xxbng.jpg
96KB, 1338x716px
OP you've made this exact thread multiple times and you're still posting the same shit.
>>
>>386698965
Better question is why are you salty for someone stating a fact? They almost never win international tournaments in genres with diverse competitive playerbases. Get over it.

>that's not even the worst thing about koreans
Yeah no shit. They are a nationalist to the point of delusion, narcissistic culture that steals all the worst parts of murrican culture and celebrates them.
>>
>>386695781
horse controls were non-existent on kb and mouse
>>
>>386698332
>30 fps cap
it was shit
>>
>>386699120
>pc cuck still fuming after 10 years
Let it go
>>
>>386699330
We got a port of GTA 5.
GTA 5 isn't so great, multiplayer is fun though.
>>
>>386695781
i bought it 5 days ago, and while i'm enjoying it, i dont understand the hype. im a fan of westerns and this game captures the atmosphere nicely, but it still feels like a mediocre game overall.
>>
>>386698584
Rdr is unironically one of the few open world games that is actually good or fun.

I feel Like to dislike it youd have to actively be trying to be a contrarian. It does most things well.
>>
>>386699254
that you never answered why koreans trigger you despite their "obvious" inferiority.

it's almost like you got cucked by a k-pop star or furiously masturbate to k-pop girls you'll never have sex with.
>>
>>386695781

the stamina meter for the horses is the shittiest thing ever. what the fuck is the point of making it so short? it leads to this maddening rhythm of press A a bunch of times, have to stop for a painful 5-10 seconds to get the stamina back, and repeat. It is an extremely unever rhythm

Yes, I know there is a "trick" to maintain your stamina but it's clear this was not intended and even if you do it, the game starts to glitch out because you are going too fast for too long. IMO they should have made the default "fast" speed about twice as fast, because as it is there is no feeling of speed
>>
>>386699552
Koreans don't trigger me. Attributing positive stereotypes to races to compensate for your lack of work ethic or skill triggers me you fucking scrub.
>>
>>386699309
>fps is a meme
>>
>>386699641
>press a 3 times
>wait 5 srconds
>repeat

Are pcfags this stupid?
>>
>>386699827

But thats a fucking tedious, annoying rhythm.
>>
>>386699656
>Attributing positive stereotypes to races to compensate for your lack of work ethic or skill triggers me you fucking scrub.

what the fuck are you even going on about

i'm just talking about how difficult it is to shoot guns on a moving horse in a video game, you fucking rabbid subhuman animal

calm the fuck down before your parents have to knock you out and make you sleep behind the shed tonight with a chain around your neck

fucking millenials these days mang
>>
>>386698332
LA Noire > RDR

>unique
>good music
>period radio broadcasts
>L.A. looks legit
>several cars
>actual good writing that isn't edgelord tier
>that opening menu theme

Most people who disliked L.A. Noire disliked it because you couldn't run over or shoot civilians or drive around in some neon lit faggot super car.
>>
File: 5Kg7Y04[1].jpg (65KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
5Kg7Y04[1].jpg
65KB, 431x450px
>>386699963
>>
>>386699385
See>>386698757
>>
>>386695781
>>gunplay is underwhelming

People think this? I found the gunplay super satisfying and full of OOMPH
>>
>>386697852
>using photoshop to pretend you actually played it
LLLMMMMAAAAOOOOOO
>>
>>386699532
GTA anything, BOTW, Xenoblade, Sleeping Dogs

Off the top of my fucking head are all significantly better than Red Dead Redemption
>>
>>386695781
The last of us,uncharted 4 anything naughty dog really.
>>
>>386699532
This.
>>
>>386700874
>Sleeping Dogs better than RDR

I like Sleeping Dogs myself but the game has cut content and is in general just lacking in some aspects.
>>
>>386701602
RDR is also 80% a field.

Sleeping Dogs isn't perfect and it still manages to be leaps and bounds better than RDR.
>>
>being so bad at a game you aren't aware others play it perfectly fine and all your criticism is completely laughable
>>
>>386701718
>a game about urban civilization isn't a field
>a game about the wild west with sparse outcroppings of civilization doesn't have bustling cities

I don't know why you keep making these threads you autistic fuck.
>>
>>386703337
I didn't make this thread. There's more than one person on /v/ who realizes in an age of plentiful open world games that RDR offers little thats special
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.