[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any videogame that reached the level of a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Cervantes.jpg (56KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
Cervantes.jpg
56KB, 400x534px
Is there any videogame that reached the level of a good novel story?

Which one?
>>
Legacy of Kain
>>
>>386686183
Silent Hill 2
Killer7
Majora's Mask
Pathologic
The Void
NieR Automata
Shadow of the Colossus
>>
Planescape Torment
>>
Half Life 2 is the only one. HL1 had a game-tier plot and a game-tier art direction. HL2 could have been a bestselling novel.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>>386686305
>>386686338
>>386686673
>>
>>386686183
unironically Firewatch
>>
Umineko if VNs count

Other than that I guess planescape or new vegas
>>
No, and it'd be stupid to expect otherwise. This artform is in its very infancy and is highly commercial. It will probably take quite some time before we get something as beautiful as Moby Dick, the Divine Comedy, or Finnegans Wake
>>
>>386686825

is that a joke
>>
>>386686183
Bioshock Infinite
>>
File: 1445989294272.png (594KB, 785x820px) Image search: [Google]
1445989294272.png
594KB, 785x820px
>>386686906
>Videogames
>Artform
>>
Uncultured teens, the thread
>>
>>386687008
>Bioshock Infinite
You had one job: selecting the first game
>>
It depends how you want to stretch the definition.

Mass Effect could've made for a pretty fun and interesting Sci-Fi novel, but only if you expand the story a little bit to suit the novel form. You can't just take the in-game script, straight convert it to narrative, and expect it to come out good.

A lot of games have interesting settings and stories that could be expanded into an excellent novel by a decent writer. Dishonored could be fantastic. Mass Effect would have made a great Sci-Fi novel, maybe even several. The Bioshock games would be good books. Alan Wake could be a really fun meta-semi-parody horror novel. Same with the Max Payne games.

I don't think there are many games that you could just literally type up the dialogue, transcribe the cutscenes/scenery, and have that as a novel though.
>>
>>386686183
Ghost Trick
Hotel Dusk and Last Window
first Ace Attorney
Layton and the UF

Damn, DS was the elder god console for adventure games
>>
>comparing mediums

Welp, thread is doomed to disappoint.

Is there a work of prose that reaches the level of fun, variety and replayability/rereadability of a video game?
>>
>>386687458
If you want Mass Erect in novel form, read Revelation Space. It does the entire thing better anyhow.
>>
>>386687587
>Is there a work of prose that reaches the level of fun, variety and replayability/rereadability of a video game?

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-10-Elemental-Masters/dp/0615348130
>>
>>386687894
>https://www.amazon.com/Legend-10-Elemental-Masters/dp/0615348130
...I can't tell if this is garbage or brilliant.
>>
bumpo
>>
>>386686673
only answer
>>
>>386689631
It's genre fiction though
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.