[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Xenophobic cultural supremacists who treat all outsiders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_2756.jpg (463KB, 799x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2756.jpg
463KB, 799x900px
>Xenophobic cultural supremacists who treat all outsiders like shit
>Flee as refugees to Skyrim when their island explodes
>Surprised and angry when xenophobic Nords treat them like shit

What did the dunmer mean by this?
>>
Why didn't they just go to Solitude or Whiterun instead of staying in Windhelm
>>
Elves gonna elf.
>>
>>386673287
>Treat all outsiders like shit

How were you "treated like shit" in Morrowind?
>>
>>386673287
that is only an unexpected outcome for xenophobic cultural supremacists

also I wonder how many people who played skyrim never played morrowind,
>>
>>386673370
decent question, i guess some couldn't for whatever reason, also isn't windhelm more or less the gateway between skyrim and morrowind?
>>
>>386673508
How were you not? Most natives in he game do very little to hide their outright disdain for you, and there were nativist groups and establishments which forbade outsiders entry.

Not saying that literally all Morrowind born dunmer treated outsiders with contempt, but it's kinda hard to miss the general atmosphere of disdain for foreigners among the population.
>>
>>386673287

>Xenophobic cultural supremacists

> One of the first Dunmer farmers you meet greets you with "Wealth beyond measure, Outlander."
>>
>>386673287
Bethesda's writing team was just shite at that point.
>>
>>386673508
Literally everyone in Morrowind hates you. Even if you're a Dunmer you're still from outside Vvardenfell making you pig-disgusting.

Also there are books in the game where they make it clear that Nords, Orcs, Khajit etc are basically just beasts of burdens and that the only thing differentiating them from the animals is their ability to talk.
>>
>>386673882
You were free to walk around pretty much everywhere, pretty much everyone is willing to speak to you, every merchant is willing to give you service.

If you think Morrowind was discriminatory you have led a very sheltered life.
>>
>>386673370
>Windhelm is the port city connecting Skyrim and Morrowind
>refugees with no money
Is this a real question?
>>
File: 1502076427207.png (132KB, 547x283px) Image search: [Google]
1502076427207.png
132KB, 547x283px
>>386673287
They're fucking pathetic disgusting elves with no honor or introspection and have no place in any slightly honorable province of Tamriel.
>>
>>386673882
Only ashlanders and ordinators really treated you like shit, and even then some of the ashlander tribes would help you for nothing.
>>
>>386673287
They fled two hundreds ago, what are they still doing in Windhelm?
>>
>>386674193
They keep Argonian slaves yet you're still free to go anywhere as an Argonian.

Just because you have freedom of movement doesn't change the fact that the dunmer consider themselves superior to everyone and are deeply distrustful and disdainful of outsiders.

Their xenophobia is even literally written into their in game racial description.
>>
>>386674254
The real answer is that the Imperials allowed them to come there to fuck over those Nords who were out fighting in the Legions.
Solitude being the cultureless imperial-bitch city certainly wasn't going to have a bunch of refugees forced on them, just like a politically-connected Liberal suburb isn't going to have any refugee centres in their vicinity.
>>
>>386673370
free gibmedats
>>
>>386674419
Ask that to the blacks or mexicans in the states. Or wait 190 more years and ask the mudslimes that are bound to still be in europe
>>
>>386674193
>You were free to walk around pretty much everywhere, pretty much everyone is willing to speak to you, every merchant is willing to give you service.
gameplay consideration
>>
File: 1501998801915.png (154KB, 250x382px) Image search: [Google]
1501998801915.png
154KB, 250x382px
>>386673287
Xenophobia is not the same as racism. The Dunmer outright distrust and fear anyone not from Vvardenfell, but will accept any into their fold who meet their criteria - whatever that may be - to be of worth and value to the Dunmeri society.

The Dunmer of the third era were a forcefully annexed population now having to deal with fast becoming a minority in their own land, trying to control and ease the integration of men, other mer, and orcs into their own so that the whole of their society didn't go tits up overnight.

What the Nords practice is racism. They do not care for your merits. If you're not a Nord, you can never do anything and they regularly punch downward towards minority races and ethnicities while retaining the power and majority of their own land.
>>
File: nenctamrmap01.gif (898KB, 1882x1377px) Image search: [Google]
nenctamrmap01.gif
898KB, 1882x1377px
Not up to speed on my TES lore, but why wouldn't the dunmer flee to Cyrodil rather than Skyrim considering the harsh weather?
>>
>>386675727
Cyrodil is proper fucked in the 4th Era.
>>
>>386675727
Because Southern Morrowind was filled with pissed off Argonian invaders roided up with Hist sap at the time
>>
>>386675250
>but will accept any into their fold who meet their criteria
Nope.
Literally the only ones who "accept" you are political schemers who are imperial-aligned out of necessity but really hate them underneath the smarm like House Hlaalu, power-strugglers who need pawns (Guilds) or are so old and alien that they only care about power (remaining dunmer factions like Telvanni), non-dunmer factions (legion etc) or zealously religious Dunmer who *know* you're their Messiah reborn.
>>
>>386676049
Are based lizard bros the only ones who can deliver us from the Elven menace?
>>
>>386674193
sorry we don't live in sweden where we have muslim gangsters controlling blocks of cities.
>>
File: n'wah please.png (210KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
n'wah please.png
210KB, 512x512px
>>386676162
Till they get enslaved again by the master race, sure
>>
>>386676071
Do Redoran and the temple as well.
>>
>>386675727
Because the Thalmor are everywhere in Cyrodil and they're even worse than the Nords.
>>
>>386675250
>What the Nords practice is racism
The Dunmer consider all non-Dunmer to be unthinking animals and made no bones about enslaving them.
The only reason why slavery is a question at all in Morrowind is because the Imperials are butthurt about it.
>>
>>386676162

No the Altmer will eventually win. Word of god.
>>
Reminder that the period when Tamriel was considered to be it's golden age was when it had a Dunmer as Empress.
>>
>>386674193
you n'wah
>>
File: An-Xileel.jpg (82KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
An-Xileel.jpg
82KB, 736x414px
>>386676162
we will be freed from the man and mer menace
black marsh has committed multiple ethnic cleansing and genocides since the events of Oblivion
>>
>>386676393
Kirkbride is a hack who just wants to justify his space garbage so that's a no.
>>
>>386676393
>Crackpot druggie writer only partially consulted with the story of the games
>Word of God

c0da fags get out.
>>
>>386676283
kinda hard to keep slaves when a huge chunk of your lands when kablooie
>>
>>386676598
Morrowind will rise again!
>>
File: Race war now.png (207KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
Race war now.png
207KB, 600x453px
As a Norðmaður I say kill all the surtsálfa
We should enslave them and use them as cannon fodder for the war with the Imperials.
>>
Some Dunmer houses tolerate and welcome outlanders. Even during the end of the First era, outlanders were not unheard of as they worked as spies for Vivec. It's the ashlanders who are the real cunts.
>>
>>386676527

Whats the matter, lore too DEEP for you?
>>
File: Awkward.gif (463KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Awkward.gif
463KB, 600x450px
>>386676510
>Oldest race on Nirn ruled over by omniscient trees from a previous reality whose Sap the Argonians rely on to give their children sapience
>Architecture is just Central Native American houses and temples

Colonel Sanders was a mistake.
>>
>>386676801
>Ashlanders live with their own people in their own people, fully self-sufficiently and wants to keep it that way with no interference by Outsiders
>Real Cunts
>All other Dunmer have large slave plantations of non-Dunmer and writings that state that non-Dunmer are barely even sentient but do allow non-Dunmer patsies to exist if they happen to be servants of their Demigod.
>not Real Cunts
>>
>>386673882
>i am forbidden to enter native communities
>therefore i am treated like shit!
How's that refugee way was for you, Jamal? I've heard arabs in Libya are really, really not fond of niggers.
>>
File: 1501884314995.jpg (95KB, 352x550px) Image search: [Google]
1501884314995.jpg
95KB, 352x550px
>>386673287
>Surprised and angry when they wallow in their own shit after a generous Jarl gifts them a quarter of his city, and leaves them to their own devices

I have no pity for those fucks, they don't pay taxes and are a law unto themselves, want all the benefits of being citizens but aren't willing to meet the Nords half-way
>>
File: agaceph.jpg (306KB, 700x914px) Image search: [Google]
agaceph.jpg
306KB, 700x914px
>>386677101
I like the idea of an early Argonian civilisation that was abandoned when Men and Mer started building their own.
It fits with the whole 'gathering knowledge' idea
>"How, then, does an Argonian manage to leave his tribe to wander Tamriel?"
>"You refer to me? I do not wander, Redguard; this is a settled study for me, from which I'll add to the wealth of wisdoms when I return to my clan."

Though TESO doesn't handle it very well. It should be something they brush off and avoid talking about to avoid suspicion. I always imagine the argonians and the hist as strangely lovecraftian in theme
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.