[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ys 7: Reminder to buy the DRM free version of the game http:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Ys-Seven-PC_08-09-17.jpg (151KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Ys-Seven-PC_08-09-17.jpg
151KB, 600x338px
Ys 7: Reminder to buy the DRM free version of the game
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/ys-seven-pc-launches-august-30
>>
File: PC was a mistake.jpg (208KB, 948x1002px) Image search: [Google]
PC was a mistake.jpg
208KB, 948x1002px
>>386668682
You mean pirate.
>>
>>386669369
DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW
>>
File: 1475049593862.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475049593862.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I'm currently in Ys 3 and I didn't enjoy any single Ys game but Ys Origin. The rest are just not good. I don't know how else to put it.
>>
>>386668682

>DRM Free

why the fuck would I buy the DRM free version when I could just pirate it? I'll buy the Steam version since I already own every other Falcom game on there with the exception of Coldsteel because I own in on ps3.
>>
>>386670291
the last 3 are the best. everything before that just feels like a shitty rpg maker game.
>>
>>386670404
I meant 4. Actually. 3 just felt generic.
>>
>>386670291
Ys 1 and 2 are bad
Ys origin and 7 are GOTY
>>
>>386670291

>he fell for the timeline play order meme

You fucked yourself. This is the objectively best way to enjoy the series

>Bumper Cars
1/2 - Ys I & II Chronicles+ (GOG) (Steam)
4 - Dawn of Ys (Turbografx CD/translated)
>You can jump and downstab
5 - Ys V - Kefin, The Lost City of Sand (SNES/translated)
6 - Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (GOG) (Steam/Definitive Version)
3 - Ys: The Oath in Felghana (GOG) (Steam)
0 - Ys Origin (GOG) (Steam) (PS4)
>Party Switching game
7 - Ys Seven (Steam) (Summer 2017)
4 - Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita) (Chinese PC port)
8 - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Steam) (PS4))

VI, Felghana (3) and Origin all run on the same engine but they tweak the gameplay for the better with each subsequent release. You cannot play Origin and expect to enjoy Felghana or VI as much.
>>
>>386670597
1/2 are pretty awful, no matter what people say I will not recommend them
>>
>>386670597
you are 100% right this is the correct order, it's not hard to work out but so many fucking retards manage to get it wrong (V is kinda busted tho so i wouldn't judge anyone for skipping)

>>386670791
I can't imagine being the sort of person who doesn't enjoy 1 and 2 I appreciate they can be a bit archaic but the fundamental exploration and fast paced combat just really works. The way momentum works with the bumper car combat is actually really great, I wouldn't even complain if they went back to a simliar but more modern system for new Ys
>>
>>386670791
You sound like a faggot.
>>
>>386670791

If you want to get into the series then they are essential. The first game is only like 5 hours long. The second game is significantly better because it introduces magic, there aren't any bullshit bosses, and the hit detection is a lot better (no chance of hurting yourself if you hit someone diagonally). The first game is like the line to a rollercoaster. The second game is getting strapped in. The roller coaster only goes up from there if you play in the right order >>386670597
>>
>>386670597
I didn't fall for any meme. I just played Ys Origin and hoped the entire franchise would be as good.

>>386670791
This, just skip them and read a synopsis on the internet.
>>
>>386671819

>I played a 10 year old game in 30 year old series and hoped the earlier games would be as good

Retard.

>This, just skip them and read a synopsis on the internet.

Casul. I bet you've never even seen a crt tv.
>>
>>386672057
Once you start actually talking to me I will start taking you seriously.
>>
>>386672498

It's already to late for you, you started with Origin. You've been spoiled. I don't care if you take me seriously, but I'm trying to make sure no one takes YOU seriously with your bullshit advice of skipping 1 and 2.
>>
>>386672769
The first 2 Ys games are objectively terrible games no one should spend their time on. it has nothing to do with 'being spoiled' you're not gonna have a good time with either of those games in ANY scenario.
>>
>>386672854

>The first 2 Ys games are objectively terrible games no one should spend their time on.

They are a little dated, but the only objectively terrible game is 1. 2 is vastly superior to the first game. You would know this if you actually played the games. Don't preach ignorance.
>>
>>386673276
Date has NOTHING to do with it. As I said before. The first 2 Ys games aren't worth playing in ANY scenario.

>don't preach ignorance, you should know this
Nowhere do I claim anything you say I do. Stop strawmanning.
>>
>>386673937
>Date has NOTHING to do with it. As I said before. The first 2 Ys games aren't worth playing in ANY scenario.

They aren't worth playing if you aren't trying to get into the series. You keep saying they aren't worth playing but you don't say why. You say they are objectively terrible games but you don't specify. You might have a case for why the first game is dogshit, but the second game is a legitimately good one. The first game is a casual filter; it's necessary to enjoy the second game fully but it's simply not very good.

>Telling people not to play the first two games and form their own opinions
>not preaching ignorance
>>
>>386674896
>setting the conditions
You're just plain stupid.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.