[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck even happened to this game franchise? After they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_8145.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8145.png
2MB, 750x1334px
What the fuck even happened to this game franchise? After they made 3, everything went down the shitter.
>>
The death of Desmond and firing of the original creator was its downfall. After Desmond was unceremoniously killed off, the story became a clusterfuck. They had no idea where to take the series.
>>
>>386667773
4 was still cool though
>>
>>386667868
The Desmond story was never good. Ezio's story was always superior.
>>
>>386667868
They should've never killed off desmond, doing the modern day missions as him were kinda cool, now you have this fucking horse cock modern day first person bullshit were they tease your cock with rebecca and shaun showing up over and over again. The only cool thing about 4 is the naval combat
>>
>>386668093
Desmond's arc wasn't exactly stellar but it was the sole cornerstone holding up the overarching story. He was the anchor tying all the ancestors together and it was fun playing as him playing as all of his ancestors. After he dies, we're suddenly stuck with an Abstergo video game in one AC, then mindlessly following orders as a faceless employee the next.

The story suffered tremendously the second they got rid of the modern protagonist.
>>
>>386667868
I don't even follow the story at this point. Each game can be played and be mildly entertaining. Freedom Cry I had a lot of fun with the ship battles even though I was liberating black slaves.
>>
>>386667773
>After they made Revelations, everything went down the shitter.

FTFY
>>
>>386668314
This next game better be good, because i'm getting tired of how shitty these games are getting. Syndicate was by far the worst game assassins creed i have ever played, Unity was pretty ok, i liked the parkour in it and the teamwork.
>>
>>386668774
Agreed
>>
>>386668279
What was the fucking point of having a modern day storyline beyond an overarching story? Really the main focus was on the past assassins so why even put it in?
>>
>>386667868
Calling it a clusterfuck is giving it too much credit, honestly. Kingdom Hearts is a clusterfuck. Assassin's Creed at this point is just... an insane non-story
>>
>>386667773
They fired the backbone of Assassin's Creed.

Though there's still hope with Ashraf Ismail
>>
>discover that you just made a new cashcow franchise
>panic over it going irrelevant, and pump out titles every year/other year by putting thousands of people on each title to churn them out as quickly as possible
>>
File: DCKYgfCUQAAgTFY.jpg (103KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DCKYgfCUQAAgTFY.jpg
103KB, 1200x900px
>>386669418
>>
File: BZFWzu5IIAATuBy.jpg (27KB, 599x447px) Image search: [Google]
BZFWzu5IIAATuBy.jpg
27KB, 599x447px
>>386669620
lucky bastard
>>
>>386669719
We can only hope that he saves the franchise
>>
>>386669958
I hope so as well but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>386670794
me neither
>>
>>386669226
That's AC's shtick though. Reliving memories of your ancestors. Without a forebear, there is no ancestor to play as.
>>
>>386671851
shit, meant modern day protagonist
>>
This meme has ruined /v/
>>
But moron ass creed 1,2 and blackflag are the best in the series.

Everything else including 3 was a pile of shit.

And honesty we wuz kangz looks like it might be another good one.

Because half of what makes ass creed good is the setting. And this looks like an interesting setting. Since game play Is always the same garbage every game.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.