[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best video game controller for the PC /v/? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: vidya controller.jpg (281KB, 972x1844px) Image search: [Google]
vidya controller.jpg
281KB, 972x1844px
What is the best video game controller for the PC /v/?

I want the best D-pad for old vidya and fighting games.

Controllers with less than 4.5 stars on Amazon need not apply, the Xbox One controller is just there to make the other controllers look better.
>>
wii u pro controller has the best dpad of those 3, also has a god-tier battery life. Downside is you basically need the mayflash adapter to use it on PC, and the controller has recently become hard-to-find.
>>
File: 1502303011349.jpg (288KB, 972x1844px) Image search: [Google]
1502303011349.jpg
288KB, 972x1844px
>>386666969
Always DS4
>>
>>386667474
>there are people who unironically think the DS4 is a good controller

worst thing of all is that OP specifically wanted a good d-pad
>>
>>386667285
How is the right analog stick? Do people control it with their index finger and use their thumb to press the buttons?

>>386667474
>>386667568
This kinda shit is the reason I can't make up my mind.
>>
>>386667630
>using claw at all when playing games
>>
File: gmagik.gif (1MB, 225x337px) Image search: [Google]
gmagik.gif
1MB, 225x337px
360 is best
>>
xbox one has one of the best d-pads on any controller.
>>
How do you connect wiiu gamepad to PC ?
>>
>>386667474
DS4? When OP asked for good Dpad? Hell no, the dpad has always been the weakest aspect of any dualshock controller. Dualshock's are generally best for their layout and triggers, the DS4 specifically has a nice extra in that the touchpad can be used like a mouse input (similar to a laptop touchpad) which can be handy, but for OP's case the Wii U pro controller or Wii classic controller makes the most sense, followed by Xbone controller.
>>
File: 1377638564491.png (362KB, 518x388px) Image search: [Google]
1377638564491.png
362KB, 518x388px
Although I'm a Sonybro, I can't deny the fact that Xone controller is the one to go with. It's so fucking good.
>>
>>386666969
If you don't like the XBone controller, then probably Wii U Pro. I think the Bone D-pad is fine for old games, and the best controller overall, but I also don't play fighting games to any serious level. But wouldn't you want an arcade stick for that anyway?

Not to thread-hijack, but if someone has gotten two Joy Con working together, could you point me in the right direction? Been trying on and off for weeks, and they either don't pair (usually) or the Y Axis is reversed.
>>
>>386666969
Of those, the DS4 is definitely the best. However
>I want the best D-pad for old vidya and fighting games.
If fighting games are a particular interest of yours, I'd strongly recommend you consider a decent stick instead of a controller at all. You can play really old vidya just fine with a keyboard, or even use the stick if you wanted. But for fighters a stick will be more fun. You don't NEED it but then again you don't need a controller at all vs kb/m, so if you're considering that anyway you might as well consider a stick instead.
>>
>>386666969
I personally like the the Switch pro controller
Only compliant I have about it is how sensitive the D-pad is.
>>
>>386667925
You can set up a bluetooth dongle to work with it, or buy a mayflash wiiu pro adapter.
>>
>>386666969
>for the PC

XBone. Instant plug and play, no other bullshit needed.
>>
>>386668147
>Of those, the DS4 is definitely the best
not OP, but how?
DS4 has the worst battery by a country mile, poor dpad, and a worse layout for anything other than FPS games.
>>
>>386668259
Battery last a good 8-10 hours for me.
In the end it all comes down to how fucked up your hands are though, pick 'em both up and see which fits better and what sticks you like more.
There is no objective better controller, it's all a personal preference shape wise.
Other than that I like that you can use the touchpad as a mouse with the DS4.
>>
>>386668548
battery for mine can barely pull off 5 hours
>>
>>386668259
I disagree about the other stuff but that's subjective, however
>DS4 has the worst battery by a country mile
This is just a meaningless meme spec point in PC usage. I get 8-10 hours out of mine if I want, but it doesn't fucking matter because I'M AT MY PC, there are tons of USB ports and cables right fucking there. I often don't even bother using wireless at all, because I'm just sitting there in my chair at my desk 3 feet from the screen.

In a living room sure, I guess I can kind of sort of see why 8+ hours wouldn't be enough, maybe. At least I can see why someone might want to be lazier. But op said "for the PC" not "in general".
>>
K, since there are so many different answers, I made a poll:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13667605
>>
>>386668256
Surprisingly enough, DS4 is plug-and-play for many newer games too. It saved me from having to buy a second PC controller for Tekken.
>>
>>386668845

>Duel Shock 4
>>
if you're not maximus autismus who needs a Dpad for his chinkshit fighting games or chinkshit in general, the old xbox 360 controller is $30, but the wireless one requires a $10-15 wireless adapter

the fucking joysticks on the xbox one controller are so squirrely and garbage, it is fucking impossible to steer a car precisely
>>
>>386666969
360 dpad is shit.
ps pad is great.
>>
>>386668681
>I get 8-10 hours out of mine
I doubt this, as I said earlier the best I can get is 5 hours.
>>
>>386668661
You got a lemon anon, sorry but it happens in mass manufactured electronics. If it's still under warranty/return then get it replaced. If not see if you can't pawn it off for 95% of what you paid for it to some normalfag on craigslist or something and then buy a new one.

One other thing you can do with either a new one or with your current one is DISABLE THE LIGHTBAR. You can do it through DS4Windows, it MASSIVELY boosts battery life. I get around 7-8 hours normally, but with the lightbar off I have gotten as much as 12 hours (and never less then 10). Sony used big ass LEDs in there behind a heavy diffuser. On the PC it's pointless to have on.
>>
>>386669138
5 is too low no matter what, yours is defective. You are turning off the lightbar though right?
>>
>>386669138
Did you try turning off the leds?
I get 8-10 as well. Maybe it's a diceroll on whether you get a good battery.
Maybe you didn't take care of the battery well (always fully decharge and fully charge at least 4 times before randomly charging).
>>
>>386669153
>>386669218
ah ok I haven't tried connecting it to PC yet, didn't know you could disable the lightbar there. I still wouldn't recommend the DS4 for OP as the dpad isn't the best.
>>
>>386666969
WiiU > Xbone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dualshit (any)

The stick placement and broken D Pad will always ensure Dualshit is the worst controller design in any given generation.
>>
how much fuckery is required to get a wiiu pro pad work with PS1, PS2, dolphin emulators?
debating picking one up because the bone's dpad is shit
>>
Xbone hands-down

best in-hand feel (especially if you have big hands)
best ergonomics
best analog sticks and texture/contour
best d-pad and pressure sens trigger/buttons
>>
If you want a great dpad on a full cotroller (sticks and shit) you aren't going to find better than the WiiU pro
>>
File: controller poll.png (42KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
controller poll.png
42KB, 1024x678px
Lol, even with the switch pro to split the pretendo vote, the wiiu pro has majority.

I'll prolly get the Wii U Pro now, even though it can't connect wired to a PC.
>>
>>386666969
I own all three of them and recently bought an Elite Controller as well.

First thing is first DS4 is garbage so remove that entirely.

D-Pad:
Elite>Wii U Pro>xbone>X360>Switch Pro Controller

Joysticks:
Elite>Wii U Pro>Switch Pro = X360 > xbone

Buttons:
Elite>xbone>switch pro>x360>Wii U pro

Triggers:
Elite>xbone>x360>switch pro>Wii U pro

The problem with Elite outside of cost:
1. Only customizable buttons in Windows 10
2. Bluetooth only works if you buy the additional adapter, regularly can't detect bluetooth
3. Headphone jack, even wired only works on shitty headphones. It doesn't have enough juice to power high-end headphones like the bose qc35.
4. Headphone jack doesn't work wireless

Dunno if they will release a revision.
>>
File: 1356822140754.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1356822140754.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>386669910
>WiiU finally confirmed #1
How will the plebs ever recover?
>>
>>386666969
DS4.
do not get an xbone controller if you plan on playing fighters. everyone who says it's a really good dpad are probably people who just navigate menus with it. the dpad is "good" in that it's pretty tactile, but because of how tactile it is and the shape of the dpad, it's really tiring to do fighting game inputs like quarter circle motions, because you really need to accentuate the input on it to hit diagonals properly. hitting the diagonals flow a lot better on the DS4 and your thumb won't hate you for it.

the DS4 isn't as tactile as the xbone, but it's pretty much just right and good for everything. it's a very solid controller through and through, and you have the added benefit of using the touchpad on the PC for extra input if you'd like
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.