[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want to see in the Legend of Grimrock 3? Also dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

What do you want to see in the Legend of Grimrock 3?

Also dungeon crawler thread.
>>
>>386666412
A better skill tree.
>>
Didn't the team sort of disband somewhat and now the company has moved on to other things?
>>
A spell system that's not the worst one that's ever been created since the history of gaming.
>>
>>386666751
How would you change it? I thought it was fine in 2. Personally I would just add more options and throw in a few class or maybe even race specific choices too.

>>386666923
What's wrong with it? What would be a better alternative for a real-time game?
>>
>>386666835
They work on a procedural generated shit right now.
>>
>>386667325
More spells, for one. WAY more. Each school has like 4 spells total, which is pretty ridiculous. Literally fits the "it's just an archer with magic arrows" bad example, especially since every class uses the same resources. A caster without access to a bunch of utility, buff, debuff, cc spells doesn't feel like a mage.

I mean you have the rune system which would make an interesting challenge if you had to memorize 20 different spells. But no, you end up spamming the exact same spell for the whole game. A complete waste of the system.
>>
>>386667834
Oh, I agree. By spell system I thought you meant the rune system was bad and needed to be changed. No, I agree that there needs to be at least double the spell per school, as well as more schools of magic. Also they could expand the rune diagram so that it's larger than 3x3.
>>
File: 1366752036967.jpg (11KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1366752036967.jpg
11KB, 210x230px
>>386666835
>>386667748
>>
The weakest point of Grimrock games is by far the build variety and rpg system in general. I really want it to have some major changes. Give mages more utility/non-combat spells for different situations like trap or secret detection, give melee classes some sort of actual skill trees at the very least, fix awful guns and stop this bullshit with unreachable exp gaps once you hit certain level.

I also feel like being real-time really hurts the combat system. Not only it enables backpedal cheese, it removes pretty much any strategy from encounters, you just methodically hit on attack icons once character is out of cooldown.

As far as world design goes, Grimrock 2 was already amazing and i want to see an even more expansive and interconnected version with massive mindfuck moments like pyramid teleport.
>>
>>386669453
I never got the hate for the real time combat. It adds a lot of tension and urgency to the battle that you don't get from turn based. Having to manage all your attacks, spells, potions, and shit while essentially dancing between groups of enemies is exhilarating. Both systems are fine but Grimrock is real time, don't change it. If you want turn based then play a different game or, for the devs, make a new ip. I agree with the rest, though.
>>
>>386669836
Because when you get into trouble and have to fight seriously, every single time the correct "tactical" decision will be backpedaling through tunnels into a 2x2 room where you can run circles with the enemy. It's just bad.

You can only afford to actually fight face to face if you greatly overpower the enemy. Otherwise you act out a Benny Hill scene running circles.
>>
>>386670261
If I get into trouble I start tossing frost bombs, pop a bear potion, or cast Force Field, while making sure my front liners are the ones facing the threat. But you're not supposed to be taking hits, hence the real time fighting.
>>
What would'ja say the best dungeon crawler is? an essential play?
>>
>>386666412
a giant underwold with towns, factions and the incapability to see de sunlight.
>>
>>386671642
So Arx Fatalis.
>>
>>386670908
a cross between m&m6 and arx fatalis for me probably
grimrock is on a solid third spot and is only spoiled by its weak RPG system though
>>
>>386671642
You should keep an eye on Underworld ascendant.
>>
>>386666412
XBox One Controller support
>>
Not really a dungeon crawler, but I'm playing Xanadu Next right now. Really enjoying, any other games like it?
>>
I just want to see it.
>>
File: avian_by_maxa_art-d9vb69x.jpg (319KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
avian_by_maxa_art-d9vb69x.jpg
319KB, 700x700px
>re-implement the Unarmed skill
>change Earth Magic to rock-based spells
>more spells in general
>make Firearms not shit
>add a bird race
>>
HEXAGONAL GRID
>>
>>386666412
I would like to see a LoG3. That's all.

I like the idea of classes that get stronger later on while being weak in the beginning and vice versa, they should think of some more ways to do that. I think a big problem in 2 was that most of the classes features were just shit compared to some of the other classes (a full team of alchemists/berserkers had no downside.) Aside from other stuff like make every role useful, gunners especially, I would like to see some way to reduce the level of kiting you have to do to fight some of the tougher enemies.
>>
>>386675610
figuring out what you can abuse and doing other silly things like a party full of farmers etc is all part of the fun
grimrock 2 has great replay ability too
>>
>>386675610
>Alchemists have a class perk that makes them less likely to blow up their party with a malfunctioning gun
>max rank Firearms perk makes malfunctioning impossible
What's the fucking point then?
>>
>>386675802
That's why I wanted more the early bloomer and late bloomer classes. Farmer was fun.
>>
I always create a team of 3 minotaurs and 1 human female and imagine how they change turns ,fucking her when they rest to relieve some stress, how she moans while actually liking it and them always planting their seed inside her.
>>
>>386666412
Less puzzles. WAY less puzzles.
It becomes old and boring really fast.
>>
File: 1.jpg (15KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
15KB, 192x187px
>>386675802
>grimrock 2 has great replay ability too
This. I played the game 4 times all the way through without pause. The best playthrough was a solo Insectoid dual-wield fighter with max light weapons and as much crit/accuracy as I could get, as well as anything with -Action Cooldown (Quick, 3 Dodge, etc); so much fun.

One build I always wanted to try but haven't yet was a solo bear mode alchemist.
>>
File: smug rat.jpg (5KB, 141x140px) Image search: [Google]
smug rat.jpg
5KB, 141x140px
>>386666412
Grimrock 2 had some absolutely amazing portraits.
>>
File: Untitled.png (203KB, 406x290px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
203KB, 406x290px
>>386676506
They went from total shit in 1 to amazing in 2.
>>
>>386676506
Is there anyone who didn't pick this one for their ratfuck?
>>
File: Ratling_Faces.jpg (53KB, 589x296px) Image search: [Google]
Ratling_Faces.jpg
53KB, 589x296px
>>386676962
I use these ones.
>>
File: cheat sheet.jpg (315KB, 919x667px) Image search: [Google]
cheat sheet.jpg
315KB, 919x667px
>>386666412
I want to see them actually release modding tools like they fucking said they would

There was a sizeable community for a while and those tools would have kept people playing

Also posting my cheat sheet for folks who're interested
>>
>>386677274
there are modding tools though?
>>
>>386677602
Modding tools that barely do anything
>>
>>386678121
Is it possible to mod in new races and classes? Or is it just limited to the dungeon editor?
>>
>>386670908
Grimoire
>>
real old skool Thaal developers, none of this Sape shit
>>
>>386679604
>Almost Human
>ie Thals
>>
>>386666412
Less big. I liked the first more because the dungeons were smaller, I'm not too great with very large maps and some dungeons in Grimrock 2 were pretty big. Also not a fan of the outdoor areas.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.