[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've tried to give Morrowind a chance but it's clunky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 22

File: Morrowind_Cover.png (3MB, 991x1293px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_Cover.png
3MB, 991x1293px
I've tried to give Morrowind a chance but it's clunky as hell, having a hard time getting through it even though I love the setting and atmosphere
>Propably the slowest movement speed in any open-world game, which almost seems like a joke on the developers' part considering the game is like 50% walking
>Absolutely abysmal combat system especially in earlier levels where you miss your attacks 9 times out of 10
>No magicka regeneration on any class (what the fuck were they thinking) which makes playing magic users almost pointless

Are there any more upsides to the game besides the world and atmosphere? Is all the praise I hear for this game rooted entirely in nostalgia?
>>
you suck
>>
>>386665876
The literature. There's over 300 books in the world. If you're not collecting and reading these books you're not getting the full experience. If you're not hoarding stacks of artifacts and books in your home you're not playing Morrowind.
>>
>>386665876
Hey man, I understand your gripes with the game. It's pretty old and clunky, and I'm not gonna try to convince you its the GOAT but heres some thoughts

>Propably the slowest movement speed in any open-world game, which almost seems like a joke on the developers' part considering the game is like 50% walking

My advice is to pick Athletics as a major/minor skill and try to find someone who can train you as high as you can afford. Athletics above 50 or so is pretty reasonable imo.

>Absolutely abysmal combat system especially in earlier levels where you miss your attacks 9 times out of 10

Yes the dice roll combat is annoying, I recommend a lot of new players use this http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/23746/
>No magicka regeneration on any class (what the fuck were they thinking) which makes playing magic users almost pointless

Yeah it's not free, but you'll find that if you're a mage you will be carrying plenty of restore magicka potions as well as just having a ton more magicka to play with if you're rolling mage anyways.
>>
I played it after Oblivion and after a while you get used to it mostly because you move faster

The combat and cliffreaders can be annoying early but you kill pretty much anything with 1-3 hits later on

Spell casting isn't as bad as skyrim where you have to remove your equipment to cast a spell here you just press r while the weapons are sheated, Oblivion had it perfect how could they fuck it up in skyrim?

Mana regeneration: just rest and potions

In short: It starts kinda hard the first time but is easier the more you play mostly because of levels
>>
File: 1435609967896.gif (2MB, 425x319px) Image search: [Google]
1435609967896.gif
2MB, 425x319px
>>386665876
The island is pretty small, the movement speed makes things seem further apart. If you really find it troubling look up how to get the Boots of Blinding Speed and cheese around the blindness, it's pretty simple to do.

9/10 is an exaggeration, all you have to do to succeed in combat early game is:
1. Pick a weapon type and make it a major skill
2. Use that weapon type
3. Keep your stamina high, either by managing your use of it or carrying potions

Magicka regeneration can be gotten around in a couple ways. Potions is the simplest, but might be difficult to get a sufficient quantity early game unless you cheese alchemy. The other option is to build a character that has spell absorption, by picking the Atronach birthsign. This will allow you to absorb spells, adding their cost to your mana pool. Whenever you need to recharge summon an Ancestral Ghost, attack it, and absorb the spells it casts at you. If you pick Conjuration as a major skill you start the game with summon Ancestal Ghost, too. Pick a Breton or Altmer for an even bigger mana pool.
>>
>>386665876
I'm on my 1000th replay at the moment and what's amazing is that there is still new stuff to discover.

Every single negative gameplay aspect you mentioned can be turned around and spanked silly. Which is part of what makes Morrowind so interesting.
At the start you walk around slow as fuck. At the end you are flying around at 1000mp/h.
At the start you can't hit a single thing. After ~8 hours you can hit perfectly fine. At the end you don't even have to hit because your enemies will die by hitting you.
At the start you chug mana pots. At the end you still chug mana pots (unless you enchant your underoos to give you mana regen)

But this vid explains it more comprehensible than anyone here can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf0jiOpD-AQ
>>
>>386666180
This so much.
I couldn't play the game again because i wasn't really up for reading all the books and the journal through, so it felt really lacking.

First year i played it was great though, me and a mate would set up our computers with monitors next to eachother, and we would make new characters and take the same routes around the world, so much difference on each monitor.
>>
>>386666180
Some of the books are interesting but some seem to be generic stories tacked on and are boring to read.
>>
>>386665876
The game was made in the early 2000s/late 90s when people like you didn't play videogames and most of the people who did had functioning brain cells.
>>
>>386667000
woah those trips

it's also better than gothic
>>
>>386667000
You shouldn't have to play something for 8 hours to be able to consistently hit enemies
>>
>>386669484
You don't need to if you're not a retard.
>>
>>386669484
>8 hours

More like 4. The next ~120 hours are worth it.
>>
>>386669484
You shouldn't have to balance a game around people who don't know how to build their characters or really play the game at all, like OP. Their are tons of ways to go faster, to make combat easier, and to make magic easier. Morrowind fans are very tired of having to constantly explain this to all the new players, who make threads like these daily, just git gud god damn.
>>
>>386666393
>restore magicka potions
Why wouldn't you just take all the money you would spend on potions and enchant a ring with continuous magicka restore.
Even on-use restore is plenty since you can just sleep to get charges back.
>>
>>386669484
I agree, something as simple to hit an enemy shouldn't be a problem not even at the beginning unless you choose mage or
something
Still if your weapon goes right trough your enemy it should be a hit not a miss
>>
>>386671189
There are separate visual indications for hits and misses, it's fine as it is especially for an open-world game developed in the late 90s.
>>
>>386665876
You can rest or chug mana potions as a mage. Alternatively, if you know what you're doing, you can make enchants for any spell that you want to cast and they slowly recharge over time unlike in Oblivion.

I've done mage runs where I only used enchanted rings for all my spells and it's fun as hell. They cast instantly so you can do some pretty game breaking things. They don't have a fail chance like regular casting and you don't have to be proficient in any school of magic to cast anything you want with enchantments.

As for movement speed, I don't recommend looking things up except in this case. Look up how to get and use the boots of blinding speed without the blindness.

You get used to the combat and after a few levels, your miss chance will only be something like 2% if you keep your stamina up. I know it's hard to get into (I played it late), but once you get over the hump, you get really invested in it.
>>
>>386669484
you can hit things right out of the gate if you major in it/have a race bonus and keep your stamina above 70%
>>
If your fatigue is more than 75% full it's impossible to have lower than 65% hit rate unless you made a shit build. If you build your character for performance properly your hit rate right out of the gate will be hovering around 90% at level 1.
>>
>>386665876
Get a run fast mod. Makes the game feel so much better.
>>
>>386673070
Yeah or just set your speed with console. I'm not sure why they thought it was a good idea to make you so slow AND have your stamina drain when you were running. I mean, you can rest every so often to regain stamina but it's tedious. I'm playing a character that moves at an okay speed but the stamina loss is still annoying and one of my priorities right now is to make a stamina regen enchanted item.
>>
>>386673070
or just grab boots of blinding speed 10 minutes in
>>
>>386665876
how much shit you carry affects your movement speed as well as your athletics skill
you suck at combat because your character sucks at combat dipshit
magicka is replenished through resting
>>
>pick Dunmer
>specialize in short blade
>favor strength and agility
>75% hit rate out of the gate and your speed will shoot up as you level up since half your skills are speed-governed
>>
>>386673387
You can buy some scrolls in Seyda Neen that regenerate 3 fatigue per second for 3 minutes or something.
>>
>complains about movement speed in a game where your speed is determined by how well you played the game
nice desu
>>
>>386674238
Sounds like a genuine criticism for a game with bunnyhopping. Not Morrowind.
>>
>>386672042
In addition to the boots, I recall I was also somehow able to enchant something (I think I used a belt?) that gave me perma-levitate. I think you had to use some kind of enchanting glitch, but that combined with the boots essentially allowed you to fly.
>>
>>386674984
cant really blame it on the game when he made a slow/weak character
>>
Morrowind is fun because there's absolutely no handholding but the mechanics are not so difficult to figure out and, once you do figure them out, are highly exploitable. I don't understand why their design philosophy changed so much between this and Oblivion/Fallout 3/Skyrim, where it's the opposite: a highly curated world with very few difficulty spikes for the player, but also one that's more limited to the player. A sandbox or huge box of Legos versus an amusement park
or guided tour.
>>
>>386675021
I just made a couple of rings with 60 jump for 2 or 3 seconds (I forget which) and ~10 seconds of 1 point of slow fall for traveling around. As enchant levels up, the cost to cast them goes down and with 3 or more rings, you just cycle between each one and they recharge independently.

Enchant chance is extremely low, even for shitty enchants so what you have to do is either exploit with alchemy to get thousands of intelligence (I don't recommend this, it kind of ruins the fun) or make about 5 identical enchants (the first is the most difficult and will require save scumming) that fortify intelligence 158 points for 2 seconds. Then you just select it into the menu, unpause to cast it, immediately go back into the menu, cast the next one, repeat. Just do that any time you want to make an enchant and you can make pretty much anything easily save for ridiculous constant effect ones with a staada grand soul gem, etc.

You can do the same multi-stacked cast strategy as above for the jumping rings too to basically fling yourself across the map and then just cast one last time before you land to break the fall with that 1 point of slowfall. You can also multi-stack soul traps with the same strategy. As long as each identical effect is on a different ring, you can stack it as many times as you want. I think I had 12 souls of vivec on my last playthrough.

Since it instantly casts, you can also dish out insane burst damage with an enchant that has elemental damage on touch by just mashing the shit out of it until it runs out of charge.

You can also make a lot of gold just by capturing and selling soul gems with souls in them. There is some telvanni island, I forget which, that infinitely restocks petty, lesser and common soul gems as well.

Enchant is my favorite part of the game. It's game breaking, but not so much so that you ruin the game with 5000 intelligence and 9000 speed. At the same time it's still challenging to restrict yourself to just enchant.
>>
anyone else spend the first 40 hours or some obscene shit cycling between leveling at trainers to get optimal stat boosts and stealing shit to pay for trainers like an autist

once i read about efficient leveling i couldn't help starting out that way and then burning out after a while
>>
>>386675301
True, but there's a point to where it just becomes horribly tedious if you don't make a warrior/rogue. Might've been better to give them more similar walking/running speeds and make the weaker characters not regen stamina as quickly, instead of making them even slower in a game that's about exploring.
>>
>>386665876
Just install Morroblivion.
It's Morrowind with all the clunkiness removed.
>>
>>386676915
yeah, I did it for about the first few levels before realizing I ruined my character with 95 endurance and agility at level 8.

would not do again
>>
>>386676915
Yeah I did that, and used a guide to find Creeper to sell stuff to, and the reusable soul gem, and the boots of blinding speed, and how to abuse enchantments. It does get boring quickly after your characters get so strong and makes it so there's no point in exploring anymore. I've been playing again recently but I'm trying to not use any guides or anything.
>>
File: 1478025980083.gif (494KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
1478025980083.gif
494KB, 387x305px
>>386665876
>No magicka regeneration
>slowest movement speed
>abysmal combat system

FALSE
>>
>>386677184
That's why you get mods that add more powerful things to challenge you.
>>
Why do people roll characters with no agility and wonder why they cant hit anything?
>>
Playing through Morrowind right now and have 35 hours into it. Not going to lie, the first 5-8 hours are a major slog, mostly because you have to grind abilities to a point where you are not missing and can get faster, on top of learning the mechanics and less forgiving atmosphere of the game.

However, once you get your skills up and explore the land, the game opens up dramatically and actually has way more freedom then other elder scrolls games. I am going way faster then other ES games, and can now hit everything without issue. It also helps to have a few mods installed to fix some of the issues the game has.
>>
File: 1487183569329.png (218KB, 475x457px) Image search: [Google]
1487183569329.png
218KB, 475x457px
>>386676915
I sort of do this. I'll do quests and exploring, but I keep close track of all my stats, and when I'm getting close to a level I'll head back to town and train up before doing anything else. I try and self-train what I can. For magic I'll get a spellmaker to make me a bunch of 1 mana point spells for the different skills and spam 'em for a while, or if I'm trying to level acrobatics I'll hit the ramps in Vivec and spend some time jumping up 'em. I also have a mod which makes training dummies functional so you can level weapon skills that way.

But my first priority is always to max out endurance. Also once I hit level 5 I'll start taking luck every level, so it cuts down on the grind a bit only having to worry about maxing 2 stat boosts.
>>
>>386665876
Probably the fastest movement speed in an openworld game by the end of it. Running around like sanic, jumping over mountains, levitating and teleporting all over the place
Try building a character that isn't shit. My last character hit most of the time from level one, and at level 30-something hits practically every time even with 0 fatigue.

Potions. You can rest wherever you want outside of cities as long as there aren't enemies around.
>>
>>386677528
>>386673785
>every combat character needs to have a class with tagged Agility
fuck off
I've never had trouble with not hitting stuff except at low fatigue or with mage characters, but telling people they need to focus on Agility is retarded. just level up naturally, yo. MCC leveller is great for this if you can't handle vanilla
>>
>>386677683
only skills i bother to level on my own are acrobatics and athletics since i can just afk and watch a stream or something

probably just gonna forget about it and only max endurance right away the next time i start
>>
>>386678769
You can get 85% hit rate on Redguard without tagging agility
>>
>>386679709
really? never played SINGING SWORDS AND SHIET, might try it some time
>>
>>386665876
Same.
I can play dues ex with its shtity graphics and combat.
but the writing is so amazing.

where as morrowind is just so boring. nothing interesting at all. music's good, that's about it.
>>
>>386665876
>>Propably the slowest movement speed in any open-world game, which almost seems like a joke on the developers' part considering the game is like 50% walking
>>Absolutely abysmal combat system especially in earlier levels where you miss your attacks 9 times out of 10
>>No magicka regeneration on any class (what the fuck were they thinking) which makes playing magic users almost pointless
2009 BAIT
>>
>tfw want to play Morrowind but I'm too lazy to install mods
I just want to fix the god awful resolution
>>
>>386677528

Agility is nothing. Skill level and fatigue is everything.

Agility is like 10% of your chance to hit, luck is 5%, the rest is skill level. Fatigue is a modifier for this chance to hit score, 0%-100% fatigue equates to a 0.75-1.25 modifier being applied. I don't remember if those are the exact values but that pretty much the gist of it. Agility doesn't matter 99% of the time, your skill level with the weapon and your fatigue does.
>>
numale retard: the op
>>
>>386665876
Well I guess you are just doing it wrong
Only use weapons that are your main skill + never run by fights (your stamina is taken into account for the Hitchance roll) and make sure to have some stamina potions
Also mages in this game aren't meant to be played like in skyrim where you basically are a fireball shooting machine gun
Mages in morrowind are more subtle and use their powers to manipulate the world and the people around them.
Also one of the big pros of morrowind is its sandboxyness when it comes to stat manipulation. With enough knowledge of how the stats work in this game you can easily beat the final boss with less than 10 minutes playtime. Also it makes the way some enchantments work together pretty interesting. Like everything can be canceled by something else and some enchantments have downsides to them but with the right counter item it's no problem (boots of blinding speed + anything with resist magic)
Morrowind is not an action game like skyrim, it's more of a slow peaceful adventure through a beautifully written world.
>>
>>386680265
just fucking kill yourself, holy shit.
how difficult is it to type in tesgeneral.com and install the couple of recommended mods? people like you shouldn't have the right to vote
>>
File: deep engaging combat.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
deep engaging combat.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: To_2a7896_6165456.jpg (82KB, 900x432px) Image search: [Google]
To_2a7896_6165456.jpg
82KB, 900x432px
>>386665876
what's the most fun class/archetype to play in Morrowind
>>
>>386679905
I was mistaken, it's 87.5% and 77.5% if you don't take The Warrior, without tagging agility. That's at level 1 with no buffs of any kind; Adrenaline Rush boosts it significantly.
This is the highest you can get your hit rate at level 1 without the Warrior sign (which is a waste IMO):
http://morrowind.inventivegamer.com/tools/chargen/?character=2,9,5,1,1,4,6,2,4,9,1,25,26,19,21,18
Which results in exactly 80% hit rate. With the Warrior that puts it at 90% if you really want the early game to be easier, but you lose a lot of other stats by giving up a real sign.
>>
>>386681254

Using weapons is boring, using magic practically breaks the game. Either path will lead you to being an untouchable god well before you run out of content. Pick your poison.
>>
>>386681094
>low proficiency in the school your casting and low stamina

yeah, that sounds about right
>>
>>386681254
no melee allowed
no ranged allowed
no alchemy allowed
no magic allowed

enchant only
>>
I'm going for a magic class. Anyone recommend the most fun build? Like summoning combined with some damaging spells or something. Also is there a build that utilizes DoTs? That's usually my favorite thing to use in games
>>
>>386681832
mysticism is pretty important
a little alchemy without breaking the game
enchant
>>
File: 1436839123309.jpg (11KB, 240x249px) Image search: [Google]
1436839123309.jpg
11KB, 240x249px
>>386679532
Main reason I do things that way is to save money. I always try not to cheese the early game too hard. I don't use the creeper, I don't exploit alchemy, I don't go straight for high value loot even though I know where it is from playing the game before. So I'm usually strapped for cash.
>>
>>386673387
It's a long game dude. Having a fast character with constant effect stamina regent enchantments is so much more rewarding when you've had to actually build towards it.

That's why games like skyrim feel so lackluster and boring. There is no progression.
>>
>>386681617
Cool. In all my playthroughs (Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim; probably at least 12 in total), I've never played a pure warrior. I've always wanted to be a Redguard if I ever did.
>>
File: riohamasaki.jpg (48KB, 380x499px) Image search: [Google]
riohamasaki.jpg
48KB, 380x499px
Are there any good mods that add in usable poisons and e.g. bombs? I want my alchemy skill to be usable for something other than shitty regen potions and gamebreaking fortify int/str potions.
>>
>>386665876
`
player->setSpeed 200
wow that was tough
wrong
drink potions bitch
>>
>>386680265
http://openmw.org/
>>
>>386665876
Sorry anon, this game was meant for old school gamers aka basement dwellers
>>
>>386665876
Literally every time I go to replay it, the first thing I do is look up what the _SetSpeed_ console command is.

Game is def one of my favourites tho
>>
>>386683167
Fliggerty had a prototype for one, but currently there isn't. It'd probably take OpenMW to really do well.
>>
>>386683895
Couldn't you script one? IE, you make a poison potion of some kind, you use some item that transforms it into essentially a cast once scroll that uses its effect on target/touch?
>>
>>386684362
Not without heavy edits to MWSE, and even then you could fake it, just not via the current alchemy system.
>>
>>386684606
Really? I don't mean you'd have to edit the current alchemy system at all; just some scripted item that converts a potion into a scroll. That wouldn't work?
>>
>>386684723
Yeah, but it's a poor version of what you could have with some work in OpenMW.
>>
>>386671189
I hear this argument a lot but I prefer it as an RPG than Oblivion and Skyrim versions where all your attacks hit, but if you're bad at it or low level you can stab a guy in the face 40x for half his health while he hits you once and you nearly die. Missing as a representation of your skill or fatigue to me is better than hitting 100% of the time IN THE FACE with an axe and doing shit damage. Morrowind has some of this as well but it's not the basis of the combat system.

In order to normalize damage so future games without hit % wouldn't make low-level characters too strong, subsequent attacks have to do less damage to make up for the absence of missing.
>>
>>386665876
>Propably the slowest movement speed in any open-world game

pick the Steed sign at the beginning of the game
was that so fucking hard?
>>
>>386665876
>Pick Redguard/Nord
>select preferred weapon type skill (preferably long blade if Redguard) as major skill
>???
>PROFIT
>>
>>386681094
>orc
>spells
lol
>>
>>386684606
Wasn't there something in MWE?
Speaking of that, I haven't heard MWE mentioned in ten years or so. Whatever happened with it? I remember using that combat mod for it, but I think it was unstable as hell.
>>
>>386686848
It was made in the early days of Morrowind modding, the guy who made it ended up working for Bethesda prior to even Oblivion.
>>
File: 423-sad-computer[1].jpg (16KB, 222x251px) Image search: [Google]
423-sad-computer[1].jpg
16KB, 222x251px
>ask npc for a little advice
>tells me to talk to everyone, talk is cheap, etc.
>most npcs say the same things and aren't worth talking to
>>
>>386687175
What, he did? Strange that Oblivion and Skyrim didn't benefit from his interest in combat mechanics (except for the decapitations in Skyrim).
>>
>>386688218
Definitely a pretty big flaw, though I didn't mind it as much at the time. The less generic NPC mod is a pretty fantastic step towards fixing it though.
>>
>>386688218
Most NPC's give you useful advice, it's just that most people ignore it, because they don't realize how the game works in comparison to others. When someone says "you need stamina potions in battle" you instantly dismiss it as something obvious, hence why those threads are constantly made by retards who never listen to that advice.

There are advices about pretty much everything, lampshading how game mechanics work. For example, that the prices will be lower if the trader likes you. Or that you can't sleep in the wilderness for long with all the beasts around. They will lampshade almost every mechanic the game has.
>>
>>386688807
The advice might actually be useful but you have 20 NPCs all giving the same "useful" advice, at which point it just becomes irritating and makes me not want to try talking to NPCs anymore. I think the world size probably should've been cut down a bit because there is a lot of filler in Morrowind.
>>
Guys, I think I ran across my favorite optional part of Morrowind just now:

>See that island to the left of Seyda Neen.
>Swim there thinking it will just be another empty island with Cliff Racers of Mudcrabs.
>Nope. I stumbled across SPOOKY FUCKING SKELETON ISLAND.
>Swarms of skeletons and rats, literally the most enemies I have seen in a elder scrolls game in one place.
>Get to the end and fight a literal superboss and get a kickass shield for it.

I love random shit that makes you use your imagination and wonder what the fuck happened there, on top of being a rather unique area.
>>
>>386670849
how do you do this without a mod? There is no restore magika spell to learn to enchant the ring bud.
>>
>>386688626
I mean, he added minor combos , controlled blocking and a slowdown system that let you decapitate people. Not too much really added
>>
>>386688218
>npcs say the same things and aren't worth talking to

no, fuck right off mate
>literally the first shopkeeper in the game tells you to buy some stamina potions and to not fight while exhausted
>every goddamn dumbass on /v/ cant be bothered to read 3 lines of text, runs into the forest, gets killed by a mudcrab and then makes thread after thread about how shitty the combat system is while ALSO whining about how npc's talk too much when they don't even bother to listen to them
>>
Any tips for an Alchemy playthrough?
>>
>>386689121
TES is made by Americans, and "lots of filler" is their core design aspect. But other than that, it's not really different from other games in the series. It's just that every NPC actually has a unique name in Morrowind, which is so unusual that most people think they are important guys who hand out quests, and keep starting conversations with every hobo on the street, getting disappointed when nothing happens. The moment you actually learn to notice character archetypes, you will stop wasting time by trying to talk with nobodies.
>>
>>386689412
Go talk to all the random NPCs around the starting area though. They all say the same thing. Half of the NPCs in the game probably aren't worth talking to.
>>
>>386689505
do enchant instead unless you want stats that you would have thought you could only get from typing player.setav speed 9999999999999 in console
>>
>>386689505
Try not to break the game. It can be fun to try to scavenge all your ingredients to make potions but the buying and selling to potion merchants will break the game for you. Id also only use increase intelligence enchants, never temporary effects while making potions cause that breaks shit too.
>>
>>386689206
You don't, but everyone has the mod that adds all scroll effects as enchantment targets by now.
>>
>>386665876
you can mod all of that out, as you should. for combat you probably should have specced better and be sure to watch your stamina; this one you shouldnt just mod out because it trivializes a bunch of stats and skills

heres my mod list, i use practically all of them, some might be redundant though
>>
>>386689627
Who cares if background NPCs say the same shit, especially in a game with more than twice the number of NPCs than oblivion and skyrim combined. I would rather background NPCs have the same randomized dialogue in Morrowind than having them say nothing at all like in Skyrim.
>>
File: morrowind mods.jpg (3MB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind mods.jpg
3MB, 1920x3240px
>>386689995
fucking goddammit
>>
>>386666180
I don't read books irl why the fuck would I read books in game? I don't read books in Morrowin, Oblivion, Skyrim, Witcher, fuck this if I wanted to read a book I'd read a book.
>>
>>386665876
Do you know why all the other TES game went to shit? Fags like you. Unironically. The PC release of Morrowind was universally praised. You know who complained about it? Xboxfags. It forever changed how they were made. You literally ruined the series because you are a vapid cunt who has never played a proper RPG in their life. Less mechanics and near everything else just to appeal to casuals. Literally kill yourself. It happens with every good RPG that gets popular. Mainstreamed to shit. Without fail.

Mad.
>>
>>386689627
Ask for a biography before asking for advice. Of course if they are commoners who only shit and sleep, they will tell you the same useless stuff. People of different professions give different advices. Most folk in the tavern are unique for example. There are traders, spy, warriors, battlemage, all kinds of archetypes.
>>
File: 133603747860376.jpg (137KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
133603747860376.jpg
137KB, 960x960px
>>386690195
agreed
>>
>>386690106
I don't shoot guns irl, so why should i be forced to shoot a gun in Call of Duty?
>>
File: morrowindcombat.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
morrowindcombat.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>386669484
>>
>>386689130
That's a dev mod.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Siege_at_Firemoth
>>
>>386690413
But muh combat tho
>>
>>386690413
>needs to make a video showcasing morrowinds combat
>kills fargoth
must be a coincidence
>>
>>386676915
i uncapped the levels/skills/attributes and dont give a fuck about what the bonus is per level. i even level Luck relatively often. dont ruin a good game for yourself with autism
>>
File: 1498091801825.png (620KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
1498091801825.png
620KB, 600x634px
>>386690413
>>
>>386690854
A pretty terrible too. Huge and empty castle full of skeletons almost like it's a freaking Wolfenstein 3D level but with undead instead of nazis. 90% of amateur mods look like this. I was really surprised when i saw it the first time many years ago.
>>
>>386690928
>>386691146
>>386690965
>wahhh why can't i hit anything?
because you're retarded and don't understand simple mechanics
>>
>>386691603
>because you're retarded and don't understand simple mechanics

RRREEEEEEEEE
HOW DARE YOU
I'M GONNA GO COMPLAIN TO TODD TO GET THE NEXT GAME TONED DOWN EVER MORE
RRREEEEEEEEE
>>
>>386666180
>morrowind
>home
you can't buy a house in morrowind wtf
>>
File: 1425333067745.jpg (118KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1425333067745.jpg
118KB, 1252x1252px
>want to replay modded morrowind
>25 FPS in towns
>runs for maybe an hour, if i'm lucky, before crashing
>OpenMW still years away from being better than vanilla
>>
>>386691603
i love how you replied to my post without even reading it
>>
>>386691804
There are 3 player houses in the base game of Morrowind, one for each Great House, and you get them for free around the midway point for their respective questline. There's also the Factor's Estate in the Bloodmoon expansion which you get at the end of the Raven Rock questline.
>>
>>386673785
>EVER not picking luck and endurance for the best possible end-game spread
I'm LMAOing at your optimization acumen.

Endurance does not retroactively increase your health in previous levels, so you have to grind it to max ASAP, other attributes do not function this way. Luck is 5 times slower to raise than other stats as well, making it 5 times more valuable from the perspective of a maxed out character later in the game.
>>
File: 304846.jpg (154KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
304846.jpg
154KB, 960x720px
>>386691956
looking back, i actually cant tell if any of those were disagreeing with me, but i also still cant tell if they arent
>>
>>386691169
You're meant to fight through it with a party of adventurers. It's actually quite fun when you bring your own skeleton army
>>
alright I'm gonna try again with Morrowind and beat it to completion. what's the best way to maximize endurance gains. nothing else matters.
>>
>>386676915
Download a mod that will allow you to get the +5 bonus no matter what. It saved me a hell of a lot of autism and allowed me to play the game how it was meant to be played without worrying that I was bunching myself in the dick.
>>
>>386690195
i played it for the first time on the xbox. i fell in love, it made me get back into pc gaming, then came oblivion and fucked some shit up. then skyrim and i lost all hope. its so shitty at this point i want to kill myself anytime someone brings up how many hrs they have in skyrim and cry tears of joy anytime anyone in my life acknowledges morrowind.
i want to go back
>>
>>386692291
Fitting your name has to do with trains given how you've bent over for Bethesda and let them run a train on you.
>>
>>386692426
i look at oblivion through to fallout 4 and I see Morrowind with less and less features every time
>>
>>386692484
Nah, they didn't send me a model of their T2 train. Could probably 3D print one though, that'd be cool.
>>
>>386692291
The AI in old games is so terrible that the entire DnD dungeon dive party just doesn't work. Pathfinding can make you go insane.
>>
>>386691804
You get Caius house when he leaves, and you cna use the house from the tax murderer in the starting town.

But yeah I always get some low key mod that gives me a small apartment in Balmora.

But yeah I always get a house mod
>>
>>386692484
But he's right? There are like 5 NPC mercs you can go there with. It's supposed to be an homage to party based RPGs I think.
>>
>>386692627
How did that happen
>>
File: V6VJYHI.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
V6VJYHI.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>386692606
That's part of the reason why things are so wide.
Now doing that in TES3MP however, that's probably a lot of fun.
>>
>>386692672
I ain't fucking talking about whatever the fuck you were on about. I was referencing the Creation Club.
>>
The combat system in this game is terrible is so is the movement speed.
>Only ways around these are to level for 8 hours, play as a specific race/class combination, or exploit the game.
I'll pass.
>>
>>386692775
i wonder could a modder make a mod for more spawns for tes3mp to better justify parties. Vanilla morrowind is so pathetically easy even for just one player.
>>
>>386691804
You must become Ahnassi's special friend.
>>
File: good god.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
good god.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
>>386693017
More spawns wouldn't work out. Higher concentration of NPCs is a good way to guarantee lag.
>>
File: 23wesdf.jpg (5KB, 205x251px) Image search: [Google]
23wesdf.jpg
5KB, 205x251px
>>386690106

Jesus
>>
>>386693136
But in OpenMW, surely optimizations could be made.
>>
>>386692943
Boots of blinding speed with some magicka resist to counter the blinding, ya fokken scrub. add a jumping spell with like 100 for 2 secs for quick travels above rocky terrain as well as a levitate spell for, say, 30 seconds. the boots' speed will make even levitate 1 be decently fast
>>
>>386665876
You can fix all that with mods.
>>
>>386693136
>goes through the trouble of making that ridiculous head
>couldn't make an actual pompom and just rips what looks like the light from an angler fish
>>
>>386665876
Use magic items enchanted to cast Jump to get around. It's faster than pretty much any other comparable game if you do.
>>
File: Twofire.png (802KB, 929x742px) Image search: [Google]
Twofire.png
802KB, 929x742px
>>386693190
I'm talking about OpenMW, and I'm talking about multiplayer lag, not framerate lag. The guys behind TES3MP are already going all out to optimize NPC syncing, and there's still issues with greater numbers of players and NPCs. It's a miracle it works, and a super miracle it works as well as it does.
>>
>>386691804

I hate you and hope you fucking die
>>
>>386693539
chill
>>
>>386693469
That's disappointing. To me, the gimmick of getting to play Morrowind with friends would get old fast if there's nothing else to keep me playing.
>>
>>386690097
Not him, but thank you.
>>
File: tes3mp.jpg (600KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tes3mp.jpg
600KB, 1920x1080px
>>386693746
Considering all mods work with it, the appeal of tying in a camping mod and Tamriel Rebuilt and having big cross country adventures would be enough for me.
>>
>>386694308
>all mods work with it
Really? That's awesome. Too bad I'll never play it, none of my friends would ever play a game like Morrowind. I hate only having normies and graphicwhores as friends.
>>
>>386665876
>He's too retarded to realize he has to put points in Speed and Agility, and that fists are the most imbalanced weapon in the world
>>
File: daedric shrine conquering.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
daedric shrine conquering.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>386695175
Then you need better friends.
>>
>>386692943
you can get boots of blinding speed 3 minutes into the game if you go straight for it from the start
>>
>>386695292
So does it actually work? And work well, not just as a novelty?
>>
>>386694308
can I actually do a successful coop run of morrowind with a friend and quests will actually work?
>>
>>386696202
>>386695986
Yep. Script sync is the thing that doesn't really work at this point, and that's only for some scripts. People have apparently achieved the lifelong collective community goal of gangbanging Dagoth Ur. I also know you can go through Tribunal's main quest, though if you punch Almalexia mid-speech it'll glitch and you'll get two Hopesfires.
>>
>>386665876
I feel the same but honestly the setting isn't really doing it for me. I just can't get into it.
>>
>>386696439
How many people?
>>
>>386695292
I know. It's not easy finding non-normie friends.
>>
>>386697193
I've asked the devs before, and they said it can get bad around 10 people.
>>
>>386696439
is loot shared, like, is there only one instance of each kind of artifact? or does it duplicate for each person?
>>
>>386697625
Containers, items, and thus loot are shared, so one per person.
>>
>rush to get Amulet of Shadows and Sword of White Woe
>rush to get Azura's Star
>make some crazy powerful enchantments like Jump 100 pts for 2 seconds on self, and 100 Fire Damage on Touch
>wreck game at level 2

Also you can always be a pussy and use BoBS
>>
>>386698043
final question

does it work with code patch? because I know that directly modifies the executable

thanks
>>
>>386698384
This is for OpenMW, not Morrowind.
>>
YOU LIKE TO DANCE CLOSE TO THE FIRE, DON'T YOU?
>>
how stupid am I for picking heavy armor
shit is heavy as fuck, I'm gonna have no room for loot
>>
>>386699553
It's the best looking armor in the game but you will be slow as fuck and be penniless because you won't be able to carry any loot unless you have a fuckload of strength
>>
File: 1502226488256.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1502226488256.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>>386690106
Alright.
>>
>>386700024
does it atleast become weightless when I wear it later on like in oblivion
>>
>>386700318
nope

best you can do is boost strength

Also, weight alters your speed too. The more weight you are carrying, the slower you go
>>
Childhood is idolizing House Telvanni

Adulthood is realizing House Redoran is the best choice.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.