[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2004: Fable >2005: Fable: The Lost Chapters >2008:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

>2004: Fable
>2005: Fable: The Lost Chapters
>2008: Fable II
>2010: Fable III
>2012: Fable: The Journey (Kinect)
>2016: Fable Legends (Cancelled)
>2017: Fable Fortune (Early Access Card Game)

>tfw no Fable: The Old Kingdom
What did fable fans do to deserve this?
>>
File: Collectable_Painting_Elise.png (202KB, 361x512px) Image search: [Google]
Collectable_Painting_Elise.png
202KB, 361x512px
Microsoft is absolutely to blame. Like EA, they no longer cared for single player games and forced Lionhead to work on something they didn't want to develop. The rest is tragic history.

>we could have gotten a Fable 4
it hurts so much
>>
>>386661941
>What did fable fans do to deserve this?
Get invested in a weak franchise.
>>
>>386662247
FUCK YOU
>>
>>386662195
We didn't even get a proper fable 3.
>>
>>386662365
I unironically enjoyed Fable 3. I know I'm the extreme minority though
>>
>>386662429
I thought it was ok. My gf really hated it though.
>>
>no Fable 4

fuck you microsoft and fuck windows 10
>>
>tfw fapped to the female hero farting/crapping her pants in both fable 2-3
>>
Still never got the chance to play fable 2
>>
>>386662429
It was so mindless, boring, and easy. I did enjoy the world design, but I wish it would have made more use of it. It felt like the only thing to do in the game was rush the storyline. I tried to find shit to do but it never felt worthwhile, especially when your character is OP as fuck. I wasn't even being a try hard, just maxed out magic first, and that was enough for me to basically one shot everything and never die.
>>
>>386662429
>spend entire game building resources for revolution
>recruit several contacts to help
>eventually it comes time to overthrow your brother
>a few linear screens where you kill some guards
That's not a fucking revolution.
>>
>>386661941
molyneux is an idiot, he said somewhere they jumped too far timeline wise & it was impossible to go back, like he'd never heard the concept of a prequel before.
>>
I recently found my copy of Fable Anniversary edition and I really want to play through it again, especially because I never really got to experience all of the Lost Chapters stuff.

Are there any fun or weird builds that would make the game more exciting or challenging?
>>
File: Fable.jpg (104KB, 600x837px) Image search: [Google]
Fable.jpg
104KB, 600x837px
>tfw can't marry Whisper
>>
File: bro.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bro.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
Black & White Fan here.

>No Black & White 3
I gonna miss Lionhead.
>>
>>386663521
Not really, warrior mage is pretty fun I guess.
>>
File: fable-legends-heroes.jpg (280KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fable-legends-heroes.jpg
280KB, 1280x720px
To be fair, I played some of table 2 when it came out, and it was okay for the time. But nothing spectacular

When fable Legends was shown, I was interested because I like different kind of multiplayer games.

ButFable fans hate it with a passion like it was a rape to the franchise, when for what I have seen fable 3 was horrible, so the franchise is not perfect at all.

Beside you can just go up from Journey.

I would like Fable to be good game again, but for the moment in fine with the card game and would like Legends to exist.

Some people will complain "why are they doing this instead of Fable 4"
For that people... This isn't a multimillion budget game, you are not going to make a fable game If Fable fortune didn't exist.

Is similar to what happen with legacy of Kain and Nosgoth.
>>
>>386663539
good
>>
>>386663552
FUCK'S SAKE! I WANT MY MO-MO BACK!
>>
>>386662429
the most fundamental problem with 3 is that you can completely trivialize the entire plot by farming enough gold from property management.

The Fable RPGs were always, for better or worse, about moral choices and their effect on you and the world around you. Being able to completely negate any consequences with no effort was an embarrassing oversight.
>>
>>386662429
the setting was good, the rest is very rushed
>>
>>386662429
I liked 3 up until you actually become king because you could just wait and build a real estate monopoly then bam done.

>>386661941
Does anyone know if the temple of light in 2 always gets destroyed when you go to the spire? I think Oakvale is the best village but don't want it to go to shit.
>>
>>386663584
>the franchise is not perfect at all
I think the only people claiming that the series is perfect are hardcore fanboys and delusional.
I fucking love Fable 1, but it's very short. Fable 2 felt like there's too much filler and the story was lacking.

The main draw to the series, at least for me, was the effect your character had on the game world, the atmosphere/design,the writing, and to a lesser extent the story.

Fable is comfy as fuck but it's nowhere near perfect. I would enjoy it if the maps were bigger or if they actually gave you a reason to explore other than finding demon doors.
>>
will fable 2 ever get ported to pc?
>>
>>386662429
It's charming and somewhat fun but less memorable and more flawed than the first game. Also falls surprisingly short on almost every level considering it's an AAA game.

If it were a non-Fable game by a semi-professional team it'd be a top game.
>>
>>386664214
I think it only gets destroyed if you side with the temple of evil and raid oakvale.
>>
>>386664289
Hopefully not. Everyone here likes it for some reason, but it's just as bad as the third one. Too easy and unmemorable.
>>
>>386663552
No-one even loved it enough to clone it. The feels.
>>
>>386664289
No. Why the fuck would they waste such a big amount of resources when 1) they'd need to keep the price down on release for a 15 year old game, 2) there's no mentionable market for it, 3) most people would rather pirate than pay considering the criticism for any Fable titles after TLC. It would be a literal waste of money.
>>
>>386661941
Give it a rest. Fable 1 was the only good game in the entire franchise, there's no conceivable reason why they'd suddenly do a 180 and make a good Fable game again.
>>
>>386661941
Only the first Fable was any good and it was only somewhat above average at best. The rest were mediocre games with a dwindling fanbase.
>>
Man this always makes me sad, Fable is my favourite game ever, I have completed it at least 10 times and I play it once every year. Fable 2 was great but not as good as 1, and 3... well 3 was a fucking whores abortion.

It broke my fucking heart when Lionhead got shut down, all the hope I had of the original devs of the first game getting back together and making Fable 4 with the same lore/world/feel of number 1. That and I wanted a new Black&White, what did we do to deserve this?
>>
>>386664386
When I first played it I didn't donate or do anything with shadow temple yet it still got destroyed.
>>
>fable
>prince of persia
>splinter cell
>fear

Which other franchises seems to have died off during the previous console generation?
>>
>>386663903
Prop management sucked dick though you had no way to macromanage repairs
>>
>>386664840
That's is why I think a spin off is fine.
People react like the franchise was sacred
>>
>>386665851
At least you can repair every house in a given city/town/village with a single click.
>>
>>386665615

Capcom and Konami.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.