[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15 -xfUr8z4 I agree with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 547
Thread images: 55

File: maxresdefault.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4

I agree with basically everything this guy says except for ganon being a pretty good boss fight.

Thoughts?
Have you come to terms with zelda being RIP yet?
>>
>>386652529
I can't judge the video because I haven't watched it, but I'm guessing it boils down to complaining about the lack of dungeons and dungeon items. Games change, and Zelda needed to.
>>
I agree. This game was trash.
>>
Wait so you agree with him that it's a good game and one of the best in recent years? How is that RIP?
>>
>>386652881
>I agree
>that game is trash
The video says it was good though?

???

Also anderson go away, stop shilling
>>
File: 1493468454229.png (143KB, 604x584px) Image search: [Google]
1493468454229.png
143KB, 604x584px
>>386652529
Remember to not disagree with anything in this video or else Joseph will get upset. We can work together to make this place as good as the youtube comments!
>>
>>386652743

>shrines are the biggest problem, 50% are complete garbage
>punishing players for exploring before tackling main content because game isn't balanced well enough
>bosses being complete garbage
>not enough dungeon content

>>386652885
it's a great GAME but it's a terrible ZELDA
now don't get me wrong nintento can do whatever they want with their ips but i would have liked this a thousand times more without the zelda slapped on top
>>
>>386652743
Why don't they change it to have good combat?
>>
>>386653196
But he praises the bosses?
>>
>>386652529
Stop trying to shill your video
>>
>>386653196
Just pretend you never saw the game title, pretend gorons, ritos, gerudos and zoras new and different and pretend zelda is named Belda. There, you did it, you liked the game a thousand times more
>>
>>386653196
>shrines are the biggest problem, 50% are complete garbage
I wouldn't go as far to say as 50%, but they are pretty hit or miss.
>punishing players for exploring before tackling main content because game isn't balanced well enough
I didn't really have a problem with this, but I can understand what he's getting at.
>bosses being complete garbage
Other than the bosses being recolors, I actually liked them quite a bit. Each of them are tackled differently.
>not enough dungeon content
Dungeons were also hit or miss. Camel and Elephant were good, Bird was ok, but the Lizard was garbage.
>>
>>386653574
>lizard was garbage
But it's the best
>>
>>386653692
>Lizard was the best
I dunno, I remember having the least fun with it compared to the others. Maybe it's just me.
>>
File: WTF.jpg (115KB, 1322x348px) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
115KB, 1322x348px
Thoughts?
>>
>>386653296
he only praised them in context of going to hyrule castle without having done any of the divine beasts

>>386653434
>just pretend 90% of a games makeup doesn't exist
>just pretend you're blind
If only it was that easy

>>386653574
iirc in the video it's 90% not 50

>20 something combat trials
>40-50~ incredibly simple tutorial-tier dungeons
>30? with instant reward after entering the dungeon

something along those lines

>>386653692
>>386653825
I only found the elephant even remotely interesting
All of the others were barebones content made for toddlers that you could finish in less than 20 minutes
>>
>>386652885
It's a good game, but not one of the best games in recent years, nor even one of the best 3D Zeldas, and nowhere does Anderson state that. He said it's a good game, and I agree with that. But it's also a misstep for the series and horribly flawed and overrated.
>>
>>386653964
Doesn't count the Wii U sales. You can fuck off now, s0nygger.
>>
>>386653013
What is this meme about youtube comments being so bad?
>>
File: 1499778820343.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499778820343.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>386653296
He doesn't though, he slams them for being damage sponges that scale poorly.
>>
>>386653981
>iirc in the video it's 90% not 50
except the best shrines are the ones WITH the instant rewards. They have way more variety than the actual shrines ever do, and some of the shrines are well made. Combat trials I 100% agree with though, they're boring garbage after doing about 3 and learning how they work.
>>
>>386653196
>it's a great GAME but it's a terrible ZELDA

Wrong, it's a great Zelda. The terrible ones were all the trash we had to endure starting with Wind Waker

>linear
>told what to do by obnoxious helpers
>"hardest" enemies do 1/4 heart damage
>no exploration
>Aonuma puzzles for infants

Zelda was an Adventure game
Everything between Wind Waker to Triforce Heroes was no Adventure.
>>
>>386652529
I don't agree with a lot of what he had to say and I shared my thoughts in-detail in the comments section. I had hoped it would lead to some discourse since he later noted there was a lot of constructive discussion going in the comments but I don't think he ever took part.
>>
>>386654292
but 90% of the instant shrines don't have a good quest attached to them

and those that do can still be accidentally discovered and leave you wondering if you just missed out on a bunch of quality content?
>>
>>386654225
>damage sponges
They're only damage sponges if you don't prepare for them. It's your own fault for not gathering some good weapons to take on a boss in the first place. And you can't say they're scaled poorly because they all challenge you in different ways.
>>
>>386653196

Is this really a problem? I just got the game and ended up going to the Zora Domain first. I feel like I haven't really done much exploration yet beforehand though. I still have the starting armor that Impa gives you and have only done like 5-6 shrines. I didn't know if I should be meandering around or doing main quests first.
>>
>>386654573
I recommend you do the 4 divine beasts IMMEDIATELY and then explore to your hearts content

I ended up doing the exact opposite, lo and behold, not a single bossfight lasted longer than 10 seconds
>>
>>386653964
BotW sells almost as many copies as Horizon JUST on the Switch. WOW, good job Nintendo.
>>
I have played for maybe 30 hours and still haven't met her yet. I'm only on the 2nd dungeon/weapon though.
>>
i'm not watching a two hour long video called 'not enough zelda'. jesus christ i can just imagine how much overwritten crap is in there.

botw is the most absorbed i've been in a game in fucking ages.
>>
>>386654528
>but 90% of the instant shrines don't have a good quest attached to them
>eventide island
>the labyrinths
>the sand seal race
>master of the wind
>the hidden monster skeleton
Some of the most memorable moments come from these shrines.
>>
>>386654862
yes you just listed the 10% i mentioned in my post

gratulations
>>
>>386654573
That depends. The game is designed with an inverted difficulty curve. As you explore you become more powerful, more knowledgeable, you truly master the wilds. If you're autistic and think that every game needs to have the same Dark Souls combat and difficulty curve this will be a problem.
>>
Look, people, it's not an Ocarina of Time clone so it sucks donkey balls and is the worst Zelda game ever made.
>>
>>386654554
Except they fucking didn't. No point going for the best strategy if throwing your inventory at it works just as well
>>
>>386655042
Absolutely correct, anon.
>>
>>386654554
Damage sponges describes the design. Did you not see the webm? He took half his health with ONE flurry rush.

The game punished him for exploration by making the bosses way too easy as it never expects for players to get the Master Sword so early. He said it in his video too, that was his first play through, and his first boss encounter ever. The fact that he deviated off the main quest for too long RUINED that exp for him. That's bad game design, esp when the game heralds that you can go anywhere and do whatever you like.

Even with the master sword getting a buff, it's absurd for it to be so strong it totally removes the challenge.

And before you argue that they're only bad if you have the MS, go watch his video, as he played the game twice, and in his second run fought them properly, and was still disappointed. And he broke down why.
>>
>>386654991
>>386654573

I guess my biggest hang-up is I don't know if doing the main quest stuff opens up more things or if most of the stuff is available to you right from the get-go.
>>
>>386655212

>doing the main quest stuff

you get some unique abilities from it but only one really makes the game more fun.
>>
>>386655173
Isn't it a reward to most people that it makes a boss easy?
>>
>>386655173
Damage sponges are enemies that soak up damage and don't die, you're using the wrong word to describe these bosses.

On the other side I like feeling so strong I beat the bosses easily if I come prepared enough, it's very satisfying so it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>386655212
The entire game is a massive waste of time, and it'll dawn on you once you play through it.

Optimal way to play it for the best exp is:
>do the divine beasts by circling the world counter clockwise
>then unlock all the towers
>then get all the memories
>then get the master sword
>then do all 120 shrines
>then fight Ganon

I stopped playing just before getting the Master Sword.
>>
>>386655173
>"Go hero, get stronger so you can defeat the evil"
>quest to the point that you get 13 hearts to obtain the master sword
>had to have completed 40 shrines, 1/3 of the game's shrines to do this

You know it's possible to quest in Zelda 1 until you have the Blue Ring, Magic Shield, the White Sword, and still haven't look at Dungeon 1? Aquamentus dies in two hits when you do that. Bad game design.
>>
>>386652529
>open video
>Joseph Anderson
>close video
>>
>>386655527

depends how easy.

i love the game and i have to admit the divine beast bosses were really disappointing.
>>
>>386655173
So you're saying bosses should scale with the player too, yes I agree
>>
>>386655545
Damage Sponges are enemies that only soak up damage to be killed, that's it. You're the one using the term wrong. Any enemy can be killed unless they're intentionally invincible, in which case, they're not damage sponges, they're invincible.
>>
>>386653981
>just pretend 90% of a games makeup doesn't exist
>just pretend you're blind
You were literally the one who complained about the only thing stopping this game from being good was the Zelda moniker.
Now you're claiming 90% of a game is in its title? Move the goalposts moar, you fucking baby. Grow up and get over yourself.
>>
>>386655680
Yes, they should.

There should be various triggers in the game that scale up the overall difficulty based on your accomplishments.
>>
>>386655173

>Damage sponges describes the design. Did you not see the webm? He took half his health with ONE flurry rush.

that's not what damage sponge means you fucktard
>>
>>386655832
Yeah, I agree, like new tiers of enemies or something. Oh wait.
>>
>>386653268
Didn't they try that with Twilight Princess only to get
>8.8!
>BLUNDER OF THE MILLENNIUM!
?
>>
>>386655726
Wrong, it's enemies that soak up LARGE amounts of damage to get killed.
So what's your complain anyway, that you can get too strong and beat them on a whim?
>>
>>386654991
>Dark Souls started it
Nigger, DMC3 was here long before Dark Souls. And yes, I fucking like my games to be challenging without having to intentionally handicap myself.
>>
>>386653981
So like all zelda dungeons?

>>386654051
He does state it in the second sentence though?
>>
File: 1500235175741.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500235175741.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>386652529
>2 hour review
how do you reach this level of turbo autism
>>
>>386656030

it's zelda

have some perspective
>>
File: 1499784794229.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499784794229.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>386652529
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4
Why does this guy claim that the game isn't enough like "Zelda". Going on a gigantic rant about shrines even though they're infinitely more interesting than the holes and caves of previous Zelda games as well as more rewarding to boot.

Shits on the puzzles of the game, the shrines, divine beasts, and overworld included, even going as far as claiming that they're the most disappointing puzzles in any Zelda game to date to him. While most puzzles in most of the previous 3D Zelda games are nothing but pushing blocks in a specific order and or shooting buttons with your bow in a specific order. Assuming you need to do it in an order at all. Face it, most of the challenge and most of the time spent in Zelda dungeons. Come from combat and navigating and orienting within the dungeon itself. The puzzles more serve the purpose as a way to switch up the pacing in an attempt to keep the flow of the dungeons a bit fresher throughout unlike if they were nothing but combat.

And speaking of combat. He goes on a gigantic rant about combat too. And is the combat of Breath of the Wild perfect or absolutely mind blowing or anything like that? No. Of course not. But neither was the combat of previous Zelda games. And neither was the combat of previous Zelda games difficult. And difficulty disregarded, Breath of the Wild's combat is still surprisingly deep. But deep doesn't mean difficult, nor does it necessarily even mean good though it easily can be and by many most likely will. The various approaches and applications of combat in Breath of the Wild still triumphs tall over that of previous Zelda games and that'd be pretty damn hard to refute no matter how many flaws in the combat you point out.

And don't even get me started on how he criticizes the NPCs and the story. It makes me question how much he even understood, let alone what makes him think the previous games are radically different. It's mind boggling.
>>
>>386655565
Correct, it was bad game design then and it's bad game design now. Being corralled into a linear path keeps the game's difficulty at a reasonable level, open world is always a death knell for difficulty.
>>
>>386654494
Copy paste it here anon
>>
>>386652529
BotW laid some good foundations but the actual content kind of sucked.

Keep the engine but remove the shrines and add real dungeons with real bosses. As well as some quality sidequests with memorable NPCs. And challenge the player across all stages of the game, not just in the beginning to impress game journalists.
>>
>>386656227
You would have more of a point if the other linear zelda games were any harder
>>
pretty much every botw hater boils down to this
>I'm an OOT baby and mad Nintendo won't cater to me anymore!
get the fuck over it, the "traditional" Zelda formula was worn out by Twilight Princess, by Skyward Sword it was in danger of killing the franchise
>>
>>386656202
This whole idea of the game not being enough Zelda for a Zelda is really pretty infuriating in general.

Really. I've already seen Zelda undergone several transformations in my life. So it really makes me wonder why people all of a sudden have a hard time recognizing Breath of the Wild as a Zelda game.
A Link to the Past was a pretty huge change from the first one. The second one even more so of course even if we were to recognize that one as something of an outlier. Then Ocarina of Time flipped everything on its head by adding 3D, but it's like people give it a free pass or something and accept all changes simply for the novelty of moving to 3D alone or something just like with Metroid Prime or whatever. But no matter, Majora's Mask once again plays very differently from Ocarina of Time.
And in the middle of this we have the handheld games running parallel to these console games, all in the vein of A Link to the Past. So what games are the "real" Zelda games? 2D? 3D? All of them?
But even from there on we move onto games like Skyward Sword and whatever, that is distinctly different from Ocarina of Time. Which is often keenly recognized by how much shit that game regularly gets. Of course, people will still bring up that the game still follows the general formula of Ocarina of Time. Does that mean that's enough to make it a "Zelda game" even in spite of all the other differences? Then what about Majora's Mask again, which does indeed control like Ocarina of Time (unlike Skyward Sword) but doesn't follow Ocarina of Time's formula at all?

I really have no idea why it's all of a sudden so hard to recognize a new Zelda game as a Zelda. If people were to apply the same strict standards to the other games in the franchise, then half the games in the franchise wouldn't even be recognized as Zelda games. Even without counting any of the obvious spin-offs.
But for some reason. Breath of the Wild isn't enough like Zelda apparently. As if.
>>
>>386652529
Why would anyone think the bosses in BotW were good?
>>
>>386654909
sorry it took so long to reply to this, I forgot about the thread, but I'm just mentioning a few off my head. there's also
>the malice infected dragon
>the two other springs which are hidden
>the three korok quests
>the fucking forgotten temple
>>
File: 1499778898187.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499778898187.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>386655947
>making beefier damage sponges = proper difficulty scaling
Wanna know how I know you don't play many vidya?

For one the bosses in BotW don't scale at all.

2nd, proper scaling would unleash more difficult NEW enemies into the world, not just recolors of the tired existing ones.

3rd, the existing enemies would be given better AI, and many new moves and tactics that totally changed the way in which you were meant to fight them.

Currently, regardless of difficulty, the way of fighting enemies stays the same throughout, they just soak up more damage. Hell, they don't even dish out more damage due to how broken the armor system is.
>>
>>386656227
giving players more options is not bad game design, idiot
>>
>>386656265
>actual content kind of sucked
Disagree but whatever
>>
>>386656335
>OoT baby

Spotted the underage. Play LttP you fucking simpleton.
>>
>>386656314
They are. At least in them you have a reasonable chance of dying. In BotW you have to intentionally gimp yourself or throw yourself off a cliff in order to have even a chance of dying.
>>
>>386652529
>zelda being rip
>sold like 3 million copies
>that's bad

/v/'s hyperbole gets out of hand every day.
>>
>>386656227
As in every Zelda, balancing your heart counter is the basic difficulty slider. Only upgrading your armor to rank two also helps as ranks 3-4 does nothing entertaining, just raw stats.
>>
>>386656418
>better AI
Exists
>new moves and tactics
Exists
>totally change
Not unless you were bomb spamming at the start, which I was so it was unfortunate when they started kicking them away
>>
>>386656453
That's why it's rip, the series will never be good again.
>>
>>386656439
fuck off I've been playing them since the first one, LttP was irrelevant compared to the impact OOT had
>>
>>386655947
The damage doesn't really matter when nothing else about them changes. Proper action games introduce higher tier enemies that have faster and more complex movesets. Or at the very least they craft enemy encounters that require more and more from the player.
>>
>>386656452
>reasonable chance of dying
Do we play the same games? Seriously go replay ANY of them, tell me how much of a chance you have of dying when they knock out MAX 1 heart a hit

I feel like I am getting memed right now, no one can really think that
>>
>>386656452

you have pretty much the same chance of dying in any of the zelda games

pretty high chance if you're a kid or a noob

virtually 0 if you're decent

none of the enemies in any of the other zeldas are as hard as lynels
>>
>>386656452
BOTW is by far the most difficult in the franchise except the NES titles
>>
>>386656521
They don't have better AI or new moves, stop pushing this meme. Lynels can have different weapons with slightly different movesets but that has nothing to do with enemy scaling.
>>
>>386656452
>you have a reasonable chance of dying
What am I reading here?
>>
>>386654148
baby's first internet soap box
>>
I think most Zelda "fans" just want a modern OOT remake with Dark Souls combat
>>
>>386656420
It is when difficulty, story, and other aspects are nerfed or made incredibly simple because of it. All four of the other characters have the exact same story and exact same use, because of the nonlinear design they couldn't make them different and part of one long story section because what if the average gamer found the last most difficult one first and was lost regarding their stories?
>>
>>386656683
They do though, the higher tier start minding bombs, while the lower tier enemies don't give a fucking shit. I see this all the time since I love using the bombs. It's not a meme when it's true.
>>
>>386656582
>LttP was irrelevant compared to the impact OOT had

For Zelda? Good FUCK no. LttP is the standard that every single Zelda followed afterwards. OoT was just implementing it in 3D. LttP invented the Zelda formula. This is beyond dispute.
>>
>>386656452
I love Zelda games, but you can't deny that any of them past the NES era are a fucking cakewalk.
>>
>>386656265
This. I like open world games, but more meaningful quests would be nice. As well as smarter enemy AI. And more meaningful armor bonuses. The Desert Voe stuff in particular was worthless, and Snowquill stuff felt kinda useless also.
>>
File: 1484056440490.gif (2MB, 469x264px) Image search: [Google]
1484056440490.gif
2MB, 469x264px
Why is there no middle ground with you people?
>>
>>386656753

but they are different

what are you even on about man
>>
>>386656743
They literally just want OoT with no changes, not even the 3DS menu improvement that made the water temple "that" part.
>>
File: 1336386397739.jpg (25KB, 241x303px) Image search: [Google]
1336386397739.jpg
25KB, 241x303px
>trying to complete the compendium
>realise it requires all bosses
>>
>>386656418
>For one the bosses in BotW don't scale at all.
They actually do. The first blight you face has less HP than the last blight you fight. The HP pool is increased. That's it though.
>>
>>386656753
Botw is more difficult than every Zelda except LoZ and Zelda 2, so you're wrong
>>
>>386656768
>They do though, the higher tier start minding bombs, while the lower tier enemies don't give a fucking shit

Post hard evidence or fuck off, you're literally the only one who says this. Even if it was true, it's a very very tiny change especially considering how little damage bombs do.
>>
>>386656827
People have different opinions, and BoTW is pretty polarizing.
>>
>>386652529
I prefer it when games can abandon old conventions that aren't very good and try something new, even if it is a bit unpolished. He went in with heavy expectations based on the previous zelda games and he was disappointed when certain facets from this zelda games where there, whereas I have played only 5-6 zelda games and was happy with what they changed. His analyze of the shrines is almost completely subjective, and based on the fact they weren't mini-dungeon. If you take them as one-off puzzles, loads of them are way better than he describes. The same issue can be argued for his case that they needed more powers, in reality I think limiting the player to 3-4 allowed them to experiment way more frequently and get a good grasp of how they can be used in most situations, instead of one-off for a puzzle and then occasionally in combat. I also completely disagree with his durability arguement, but that shit has been beaten to death so I won't explain further

Overall I see his analyze from the perspective as a previous zelda fan, and nothing more
>>
>>386656834
They have no development and their sections are set up and resolved in the same way. Even Johnny says this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyB2uWtbNrw
>>
>>386652529
I've been going back to other Zelda games to feel how they compare with Breath of the Wild and so far, the other 3D titles feel like a step down
>>
>>386656838
>>386656743

why on earth do you think that when botw was so well received?
>>
File: Blue_Mail.gif (906B, 16x14px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Mail.gif
906B, 16x14px
>>386656418
>Hell, they don't even dish out more damage due to how broken the armor system is.
They do though. But when you have the second strongest armor in the game fully upgraded, the weakest type of enemy won't damage you. They'll still send you flying though for what it's worth.

But yeah. That's far from anything new for Zelda. Picture very related.
>>
>>386656146
Not OP, but letting a game get away with mediocre design ideas just because of its pedigree seems kinda like the wrong direction.
I think overall the game is good. It makes mostly good decisions. But several things needed tweaking, and I hope they adjust them for the next installment.
>>
>>386656227
You're a moron.
>>
>>386655173

>The game punished him for exploration by making the bosses way too easy

Does he actually complain about that? Because that's a pretty poor argument to make. I know it's subjective (but then again, so is thinking easier bosses because you explored is a bad thing), but one of the biggest problems I have with modern open world games is that all of the side activities available feel utterly pointless so having BotW give you an actually noticeable boost for doing something like getting the master sword first - thus making the divine beast bosses go down easily - is something I would definitely count as a bonus.
>>
>>386656768
>but they can kick the bombs back!!

You're a fucking faggot, if we were debating irl, I'd punch you in the mouth so fucking hard for trying to push this meme. It's because of spastics like you that Vidya will never be good again.
>>
>complete some side quest in BotW to find a shrine
>the shrine just gives you your reward, doesn't even have a puzzle
>still have to go through the entire sequence just to get my piece of heart/stamina when past Zelda games would just give me my piece of heart and be done with it
Fuck this game, seriously.
>>
Only played 80 hours and then got bored of it, was pretty mediocre experience.
>>
File: 1501282732732.jpg (8KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
1501282732732.jpg
8KB, 197x256px
what do you know, it's that time again
>>
>>386656906
>only one saying this
I'm pretty sure I'm not because I heard it from some other anon. Anyway I don't have evidence right now but I don't think I remembered wrongly
>>
>>386657014

i'm not watching your video you dumb faggot

they are similar but distinguished. different characters, different stories, different little bits of gameplay to set up the divine beast. every zelda game has a format like that. i guess skyward sword was the most unusual in that regard
>>
>>386654352
>The terrible ones were all the trash we had to endure starting with Wind Waker

Wrong. Most of the content in BOTW is unnecessary and skippable, and ultimately feels like a waste of time. Theres barely any progression, and you dont feel rewarded for doing anything.

Solving 120 shrines and looking for 900 Korak seeds is not an adventure. Wind Waker might be slightly more linear, but it felt like there was an actual story and progression in the game. If anything Wind Waker was more of an adventure then an empty sandbox game.
>>
>>386656853
you can buy the pictures from the guy in the lab
>>
>>386656452
BotW is the hardest 3D Zelda by far

>>386656418
Aside from the obvious falsehoods in your post regarding AI, I disagree that the game should spawn new enemies at higher levels. Perhaps in a few instances, or some high leveled enemies becoming more common is fine, but the blatant vanilla oblivion way where you're at your strongest at level 1 because there are only shit enemies is really inelegant.
>>
>>386657127
Wow chill anon I didn't know I was talking to a literal sperg
>>
>>386657149
>played for 80 hours and then got bored of it
sounds like you got a lot out of it then, what are you on about?
>>
>>386655212

Pretty much everything is available to you as soon as you leave the great plateau. Each divine beast gives you a new ability to use, but 3 of the 4 abilities only come in useful in combat. The other one has a lot of utility in exploration though.
>>
>>386657191
>your video

I wish I was Johnny.
>>
>>386657038
oh sorry I meant
"hardcore Zelda fans"
>>
>>386657074

>Not OP, but letting a game get away with mediocre design ideas just because of its pedigree seems kinda like the wrong direction.

that's not what i'm saying.

i'm saying they've only ever had a moderate level of challenge at best because they're family games.

nintendo love providing ways of families interacting with each other in games. you can go get some badass equipment and outfit link with it and then your kid can go off and sway the dwagon and feel good about himself.
>>
File: trollline_below.jpg (47KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
trollline_below.jpg
47KB, 512x512px
>>386656452
>Zelda games
>>
Non linear games are the cancer killing video games.
>>
>>386657172
This is one of those "that kid" things that people spread around without actually having any evidence.
>>
>>386657195
>Wind waker
>more of an adventure
>progression
The only form of progression in wind waker is hearts. Not even stamina. Not anything but fucking hearts. Items are only ever utilized in one dungeon and are just as fucking optional as the champion powers outside of them, much like items in almost all the zeldas.
>>
>>386657149
>i played and enjoyed it, it was mediocre

either you played something you didnt like for 80 hours, which makes you a retard, or you enjoyed it and won't admit it.
>>
File: 1483617306518.png (23KB, 418x281px) Image search: [Google]
1483617306518.png
23KB, 418x281px
>>386656923

It's only polarizing because it reviewed well. As a result the flaws that it has must be completely blown out of proportion and treated as if it's fucking Sonic 06 or something.

That's all it's ever been about round here.
>>
File: 1480652820697.jpg (6KB, 248x247px) Image search: [Google]
1480652820697.jpg
6KB, 248x247px
>>386653196
>It's a great X, just not a great Y
>>
>>386657195
well you know man if you think that go back in your corner and play WW, I think BOTW is a superior game and most gamers and critics agree with my opinion so let's see what history will say
>>
>>386657259
the joke
>>
>>386657195
Neither is solving 4 dungeons and getting chests from seas containing a whooping 5 rupees. Nice "progression" and "adventure" you got there
>>
>>386656906
Not him but I don't get why you have to refute what's a core part of the game.
Did you just not think outside the box when fighting enemies? You're whining so much about damage sponging that I can tell you never did any of the cool tactics to eliminating enemies.
>>
>>386657414

I fucking hated Skyrim but I played it for 70 hours.

It's because you keep waiting for it to get better.
>>
>>386657438

>>
>>386657418
Well here's the thing, I think it's a fucking great game, but I think all the flaws people point out, even if they are blown way out of proportion, are completely justified for the most part.
>>
>>386656923
>polarizing
It's actually not. It's a vocal minority on both ends.
>>
The game lacks content. This is the biggest problem. There are 10 enemy types and you mostly meet 5 of them.Bosses are almost all Ganon.BOTW is an open world game.Majora's Mask isn't and it has 80+ enemy types.
The breaking weapons system is bullcrap, it doesn't make people use different weapons. It FORCES them to use different weapons, it most likely doesn't matter what you use. Instead they could have made different weapons strong against different opponents. This is why weapons and items in this game feel insignificant.
The only good thing about this game is the atmosphere, but I don't know if it's a worthy sacrifice. There is almost never music in the overworld.
>>
>>386657512

your head
>>
Should have spent time making actual unique weapons instead of making a ton of weapons that were the same but just had a higher damage number. Higher damage numbers are cancer and made me kill the bosses in 3 seconds.
>>
>>386657414
>either you played something you didnt like for 80 hours

Not him but why do you faggots think that's so far-fetched? There are plenty of reasons to keep playing a game besides it being "fun". Being a longtime fan of the series, hoping it gets fun later, having fun at first but slowly getting burnt out on it, wanting to finish it so you can discuss it later, etc. Enjoyment is not the only motivator for doing things.
>>
>>386657567
What you are saying is that it lakcs enemy types? And they should have colour coded enemies like in DmC? Agree with the first but if you unironically think the second is a good thing off yourself
>>
I enjoy BotW, but I'm hoping the next game on the same engine that they release will be even better and they take the criticism into account
>>
>>386657531

I agree, but there's a way to intelligently bring up misgivings about a game without being hyperbolic.
>>
>>386657567

>Majora's Mask isn't and it has 80+ enemy types.

hahahahahaha you're trying too hard.
>>
>>386657508

imagine doing something for 3 days straight, never taking a break, never sleeping, and you don't like it, but in your head it will get better so you keep going

that's right, you're a retard
>>
File: giphy.gif (610KB, 480x292px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
610KB, 480x292px
>>386656418
Anon are you complaining about how easy BOTW is while fighting the weakest enemy with the weakest weapon while wearing the 2nd strongest armor in the game while it's fully upgraded? That's like complaining that you can't be killed by a mole rat pup in Fallout 4 while being level 50 and also wearing Synth armor
>>
>>386657567
The 5 enemy types you meet though are extremely more complicated compared to any of the enemies in Majora, and that's not to say the enemies in Majora are bad, but the attention to detail given to the enemies are excellent in BoTW.
>>
>>386655547
>The entire game is a massive waste of time, and it'll dawn on you once you play through it.

And is therefore different from other videogames, how?

Your other advice is shit as well. This isn't a game you should follow some dull checklist in.
>>
>>386657637
>slowly getting burnt out
>80 hours
>in a game where you can literally complete at any time
What are you, a tree?
>>
>>386657547
If it's a vocal minority on both ends then it would still be polarizing. One has to be making enough noise to match the other.
>>
>>386652529
Good riddance. Neo-Zelda is way better.
>>
>>386657695
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Enemies_in_Majora%27s_Mask
Are you retarded my friend?
>>
>>386657637
You're not wrong in principle, but 80 hours is too extreme. Playing 80 hour and not enjoying it seems either highly unlikely or just plain stupid.
>>
>>386653964

Not as impressive when you consider the massive difference in installbases between the Switch and PS4
>>
>>386657492
Did you quote the wrong person or something? All I'm talking about is the made-up scaling AI meme.
>>
>got BotW at launch
>couldn't play it until after uni got out
>never set up my wii u when I got home for the summer (to be fair I had graduate research to do)
>summer's about to end and I still haven't played it

I really need to get to it
>>
>>386657727
Absolutely true, but variety is important too. It gets boring fighting the same enemy types. Different biome? Well lets just change the color of the bokoblin
>>
>>386657742
No it isn't, the silent majority is the one that truly matters but they never speak
>>
>>386657458

there's 8 dungeons.
>>
>>386657761
>https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Enemies_in_Majora%27s_Mask

>snowball
>blue chu
>red chu
>boulder
>>
>>386657761
>boulder
>rolling spike trap
MM does have more enemies overall, but if you're counting shit like this than BotW has way more than 10. In fact it has more than 10 just counting normal enemies, no different colors.
>>
>>386657646
Not him but fucking what? Is DmC the only action game you've ever played?
>>
>>386657858
Including the cut ones?
>>
>>386657839
I think you're 100% right, but I can also mention how many of the enemies in Majora are basically all the same in the way you face them, and all feel the same to fight, with the occasional "use this dungeon item or mask".
>>
>>386657901
DmC is one of the many examples why enemies that require a specific weapon (note: weapon and not move) to beat is retarded
>>
>>386657646
Color coded enemies are stupid. I meant some other way to make one weapon more effective against certain enemies and the player chooses that.
e.g. If an enemy has long range, a spear will be more effective.
Probably sounds stupid, but I just hate the durability system, it absolutely makes the weapons you get meaningless.
>>
>>386657814
Different versions of enemies having different attacks is easily provable at least. Lizalfos can spit water, breath fire or do lighting blasts,different types of Lynels can to the air stomp thing and the big Aoe blast etc.
>>
>>386657761
>several enemy types arbitrarily split up like the chu chus and poes
>some aren't even enemies like the spike trap
The only retard here is you
Funnily enough though that same site has more "enemies" for BoTW
>>
I think I'll reserve final judgement until the last DLC comes out. If that adds a great dungeon or two, or at the very least better shrines, I think it can stand as one of the better 3D zelda games. As is stands right now, there are definitely some great ideas and puzzles found in the shrines and dungeons, but they rarely are fleshed out enough to be interesting. If the DLC can pick a core concept and properly develop upon, I would be really happy with that.
>>
>>386657974

> I just hate the durability system, it absolutely makes the weapons you get meaningless.

it's fine that you hate the system but it doesn't make weapons meaningless.
>>
>when you examine each of the systems on their own, they are shit
>even though the game is a fusion of each of these systems feeding each other and weaving together to make something bigger
Shit video
>>
>>386657974
You get swamped with weapons so it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>386657864
You're the one trying hard. Those are just some exceptions.
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Enemies_in_Breath_of_the_Wild
>>
>>386657974
Uh it kind of exists in breath of the wild? You're better off using a spear against a spear wielding enemy, and a bow against a ranged enemy

Same for wizzrobes and elemental weapons n shit, and non-metal weapons with electric chus
>>
>>386652529
>Have you come to terms with zelda being RIP yet?

No actually. I'm still pretty furious about it.
>>
>>386657372

>Items are only ever utilized in one dungeon and are just as fucking optional

Thats BS. Also, items are even more optional in BOTW. You can literally beat Ganon in under 30 minutes in BOTW without any exploits--thats how optional items are in this game. Exploring in this game is a bigger time sink than in WW.
>>
>>386657885
Nah those aren't enemies.
>>
>>386657974
Using fire weapons vs frost enemies and vice versa is effect. Hinoxes with metal shin guards can be shocked and stunned, those with wooden shin guard can be set on fire and the elemental taluses needs to be fought with the corresponding element as well.
>>
>>386658097

no i'm not. you said there are over 80 enemy types. there aren't.
>>
>>386657727
>The 5 enemy types you meet though are extremely more complicated

While that's technically true, it doesn't really matter. Novelty and variety are very important in action-adventure games. When you can fight all the enemy types in the first dozen or so hours, and the game can last 70+ hours, that's a problem. This doesn't just apply to the enemies, it applies to a lot of things in BotW.

For the record, SS also suffered from a similar problem. Each individual enemy required more effort to make because of how the motion control combat worked. So you were fighting the same enemies (with some reskins) at the start and end of the game.
>>
>>386658185
Not him but are you saying it makes it better if the game arbitrarily forces you to use an item? And forces you to explore because of the triforce quest? Does anyone actually enjoy that?
>>
File: 1489986100872.png (1MB, 2048x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1489986100872.png
1MB, 2048x1025px
>>386652529
I have three problems with BotW.

Level scaling is and has always been a bad idea.
Missing classic items like the hookshot which would have really made the whole exploration aspect better. Some music instrument would have been nice too.
No companions. Why!?

I'm outright sad the Hard Mode just make the level scaling issue worse. By endgame, even if I had a good sword that would regenerate I would still just loot shit around then run away. There was no real need to kill stuff. In case there was a locked chest, the lightning power did the thing. Which is neat but not exactly 'fun'.
I have a few more gripes but I feel like they're more personal things of taste.
>>
>>386657906
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Dungeons_in_The_Wind_Waker
>>
>>386658067
I was talking about scaling enemies, not enemy types. i.e. black bokoblins, silver bokoblins, etc. You should try comprehensively reading posts before replying to them.
>>
>>386658234
I'm somewhere in the middle of this. BotW could use a few more enemies, but I still prefer the way they did it to something like TP where there's a bunch of different enemy types, but all but a few plays exactly the asme.
>>
>>386658278
>no companions
>a problem
No companions is one of the major reasons why BOTW is one of the better 3D zeldas desu
>>
>>386658278
You could get Wolf Link
>>
File: 1374229087841.jpg (9KB, 267x181px) Image search: [Google]
1374229087841.jpg
9KB, 267x181px
>Breath of the Wild is so successful that it will influence and be copied by other developers for years to come
>every game will fall for the empty open world meme
>they'll make it so you can climb everything even though they never put anything interesting up there
>they'll also settle for constant dips to 15fps because apparently that's acceptable now
>the next GTA will make you seek out hundreds of collectibles before you can carry more weapons
>the next Elder Scrolls will bring back weapon durability
>games will have more MMO tier "go find/kill this for me" side quests
>developers will never bother to write an interesting plot and just throw in a bunch of flashbacks no one cares about and call it a story
Just fucking kill me now, lads.
>>
>>386658313
To be generous, I'll say 6. It's definitely not 8
>>
>>386658234
I'm not saying that having 5 enemy types is a good thing. I'm just saying it's not the end of the world. I would've preferred a few other enemies that were just as complicated.
>>
>>386658426
>next elder scrolls brings back weapon durability
Good

Also stop playing on an emulator man
>>
>>386658271

>Not him but are you saying it makes it better if the game arbitrarily forces you to use an item?

for a unique and interesting puzzle, sure.
>>
>>386658278
Companions are cancer and ruin and ruin any shred of difficulty in a Zelda game. Also the hookshot is fucking redundant when you can just climb and glide wherever you want anyways.
>>
>>386658426
To be fair games were already falling for the empty open world meme. Now they'll be empty open worlds but with features pilfered from BotW. If I had to guess it would be the physics or climbing.
>>
This game is retarded

literally in the tutorial and all my weapons break so I have zero way to progress through the game.

I can't kill enemies without weapons, and I have to kill enemies to get weapons.

shit design.
>>
>>386658341
I'd really rather not
>>
>>386658554
Which does not fucking exist in wind waker at all. You're not helping your own argument here
>>
I'm about 14 or so minutes in. I agree with his thesis, but I think he's overblowing the exploration a bit. Just because it looks pretty doesn't make it worthwhile or worthy of exploration and that's the problem to most people. There's no point in exploring when you're not rewarded with anything long term or decent.

A Link to the Past has good exploration because you can find equipment you could not otherwise, you could find decent puzzles which might require things you don't have yet, or you could find NPCs and sidequests that give you real tangible upgrades and rewards, and sometimes you couldn't even figure out what the fuck you had just found. It made straying from the path have a good point.

This doesn't exist in Breath of the Wild, because you have all the equipment to start with, the shrine puzzles are kinda almost there but lack any degree of progression, and side quests are all fetch quests that have no real character depth or resolution to them other than "hey thanks", and the few mysteries of the world are literally just Koroks.
>>
>>386658619
Then don't reply at all, nigger. Or at least stop pretending that what you're saying has any value at all.
>>
>>386658097
>BoTW has 93 enemy types not including traps etc.
>MM has 92 not including traps etc.
Kek
>>
>>386656360
extremely underrated post.

The whole point of the Zelda franchise is that it has drastic themetic and mechanical changes, following a somewhat loose "save the princess" adventure theme. In many ways, I'd argue that BotW is more faithful as a Zelda game than fan favorites like OoT and MM.
>>
>>386658613
Oh wow we have a grade A retard here, don't tell him about the secret unlimited weapon no one has guys
>>
>>386658640

i just jumped in. not particularly interested in talking about wind waker specifically. you're overstating your case, forcing you to use certain items for certain dungeons and puzzles worked for like 10 zelda games and there's a reason they're well loved.
>>
>>386652529
Is this that guy who REALLY wants to be matthewmatosis? Down to copying how he writes titles?
>>
>>386658613
How did you already use the dozens of clubs and spears without walking in a shrine? Just rest at the Campfire where you meant the old man and shit resests
>>
>>386658678
The hearts and stamina are the most long term shit you can get. The rewards are samey but they are all worthwhile and useful
>>
>>386658219
Did you attempt counting? It's probably not exactly 80, but above 60 for sure if you don't count the mini bosses.

>>386658070
They are a different color. Great variety

Look I was never a fan of the Zelda franchise. I only started playing when BOTW came out. It was my first Zelda (excluding NES Zelda). I freaking loved it and then started playing OOT, MM, ALTTP. Nuff said I loved all of them, then I went back to BOTW and it felt really bland. I'm not sure if you just haven't played the other Zelda games or you haven't recently, but revisit them and try to be more objective.
>>
>>386658739
>well loved
Not exactly, after MM they have all been quite divisive.
>>
>>386658271

It doesnt make the game better if the content isnt fun. On the bright side, If people did not enjoy looking for the Triforce pieces, they only had to locate 8 of them. It wasnt a big dealbreaker for many. Whereas if you dont enjoy looking for and beating 120 tedious shrines, youre shit out of luck because thats 75% of the games actual content, most of which is skippable.
>>
>>386656906
>Post hard evidence
how about you play the fucking game, nigger. Try spamming bombs at red bokoblins then black bokoblins and you'll see that the red ones curiously wander over to the bomb, whilst the black ones will kick it back at you or even run away.
>>
>>386655050
you can't even hit thunderblight or windblight without learning their strategy.
>>
>>386658678

> Just because it looks pretty doesn't make it worthwhile or worthy of exploration

oh hey a straw man in about two sentences.

even if people were saying that, if a game actually captures that feeling of exploring a naturally beautiful landscape, that's pretty impressive. botw came close.
>>
>>386658824
>The rewards are samey but they are all worthwhile and useful
Debatable considering it's incredibly easy to beat the game from starting point, and the fact that thanks to open world design, literally all paths can be traveled down from the start, meaning that what paths open up to you from upgrades may not be worth it our even worth the time.
>>
>>386658868
You are literally saying that the recoloured enemies in the other zeldas do not exist? Please, some enemies even behave the exact same way especially in 2D zeldas
>>
File: 1488374896211.png (648KB, 1051x802px) Image search: [Google]
1488374896211.png
648KB, 1051x802px
>>386658557
>>386658358
>companions are shit
I liked about half of them, though.
>>386658557
As for the implementation of the hookshot, having something that can pull you even on inverted surfaces would have let them create more of these inverted environments. I can only think of three places with a good overhang in the game. It would have allowed for better 3D movement rather than up, down, left and right.
>>386658419
That's a follower. Also shit.
>>
Let's not forget about the best thing about BotW.
>>
>>386658718
If you have to look up a guide to find some easter egg weapon just to finish the tutorial dungeon, then the game is trash.
>>
>>386658868

there's around 30 enemy types. i did count.

>>386658897

>Not exactly, after MM they have all been quite divisive.

that is hilarious bullshit. 4chan is not real life.
>>
>>386658696
>Chuhu, Bokoblin, Lizalfos, Robes, Moblins, Guardians, Keese, Octoroks
>93 enemy types
>>
>>386658897
>MM
>Not divisive

I fucking hate this board and its underage revisionist history

That said, that divisiveness is only among hardcore Zelda autists. With sane people the series has been pretty consistent in racking up high review scores and awards
>>
>>386658953
>even if people were saying that
He literally says that, keep up.

>if a game actually captures that feeling of exploring a naturally beautiful landscape, that's pretty impressive
>botw came close
By your own admission that means BotW failed at its one job.
>>
>>386654991
>As you explore you become more powerful, more knowledgeable, you truly master the wilds.

Even if you had a point, phrasing it in such a cringey way makes me roll my eyes. Let's be straight here: all you're doing is collecting overpowered gear to go take on easy bosses. That's it. However, the idea that Zelda games even have a difficulty curve is kind of ludicrous. It's a puzzle adventure game where the solution is either something you have in your inventory or something you'll get soon, most likely in the very dungeon you're at. That's about it. Combat is almost the last thing anyone really cares about in making these games.
>>
>>386659038
Did you even look at the links you posted?
>>
>>386659017
Uh, anon? He was being facetious and just calling you stupid.
>>
>>386656906
Black Bobkins actually walk out of the blast vicinity and sometimes they kick it right back at you. Do the sheep quest yo.
>>
>>386658782
By doing what the game was hyped for. Explore.
>>
>play the tutorial plateau area of BotW
>wow that was really fun I can't wait to see what the rest of the game is like
>little did I realize, by the time I left the plateau I had already experienced 90% of what the game has to offer
>>
>>386659028
Whatever you say, I'm not really that bothered to get into details, but point is BOTW is an open world game and doesn't have that much variety.
>>
>>386659071
>reading comprehension
>those leaps in logic
Quite damn impressive too
>>
>>386659071

another straw man. restrain yourself man.

i specifically said 'even if that were true'. playing botw does not feel like hiking across iceland. but it comes quite close for a videogame, which is a meritorious aspect of the game.

one meritorious aspect.
>>
>>386659089
>Combat is almost the last thing anyone really cares about in making these games.
This. Combat is an abstraction because enemies are basically part of the puzzle to keep you on your toes. The same reason why IGAvanias work so much better than Lords of Shadow. You're not stuck in combat for 20 minutes mashing combos to get through to explore. You deal with the enemies quickly on your way to exploration.
>>
>>386657725
Silver Bokoblins are the highest tier you buttmunch.
>>
>>386659146
You can explore while using bombs you know? And steal weapons?
>>
>>386659102
I'm wondering if you're just baiting at this point
>>
Zelda games have always been for the least common denominator and are supposed to be able to be beaten by any age and skill level after the first two games in the franchise. People looking for this magical depth and reason to do things are just going to go around in circles. Has the franchise turned into a casual fuckfest? Yes. Does that make it awful in any way? No. Move on with your lives and accept you like a casual game in a casual franchise.
>>
>>386659146
But how did you miss the treasure chests with weapons? Why didn't you explore the shrines? Why didn't you grab the bobkin weapons?
>>
>>386659173
Only if you boil the game down to its very basics
>>
>>386652529
>zelda being RIP

he liked the game though

he even said it was a contender to get into his all-time favorites in one of his q&a things

having extremely mixed feelings is just his gimmick
>>
I'm getting this and the system it's for when I am not a jobless poorfag and there's nothing you consolewarrior fags can do about it.
>>
>>386659271
>I just started the game
>In the tutorial

Hurr Durr let me use bombs and weapons that I don't have yet. literally in the first shrine
>>
>>386655726
Fuck you are autistic.

Damage sponges are enemies that take up a LOT of damage to be killed.

You know, like how a fucking sponge soaks up a lot of water?
>>
>>386659335
>turned into
You can't suddenly become what you always were
>>386659376
Not attacking you but link?
>>386659378
Fuck off falseflagger
>>
>>386659203
>those leaps in logic
>"Games that let you explore beautiful scenery are fantastic!"
>"BotW comes close to this!"
What leap? It's your own words. Close to is not equal to.

>>386659221
>another straw man. restrain yourself man.
Sorry, I'm beginning to think you're using strawman incorrectly. I'm only using the words you've said so far.

>>386659221
>playing botw does not feel like hiking across iceland. but it comes quite close for a videogame, which is a meritorious aspect of the game.
Those are literally not the words you said. If that's what you meant, you should learn to use your words better. Start with what the definition of a strawman is first before you respond to someone else.
>>
>>386658978
I don't really see how hookshotting onto overhangs adds much to the game. As far as I can see, the hookshot at most would serve as a much faster means of climbing - which is a little bit redundant when movement speed boost exist in the game already, as well as ravioli's gale.
>>386658278
I disagree on the level scaling, I feel the way it was implemented in BotW made sense. The real problems lies with the lack of enemy types, with too much reliance on different weapons and elemental sub-types of enemies, which are too easy to learn and counteract. More unique enemies in regional areas, like the Molduga's, would've helped greatly with keeping combat fresh. Also, which you could grab gear without fighting, generally if there's a lot of enemies surrounding loot you'll hardly have a choice (at least until you get high-tier upgraded armor)
>>
>>386659262
The highest tier weakest enemy with the weakest weapon. Go against the electric chu chu or some shit.
>>
>/v/ turning on Breath of the Wild

Okay, the Zelda cycle is for real. I'm done pretending that it isn't.
>>
>>386659420
steal weapons you dumb fuck, you aren't retarded are you?
>>
>>386659341
I grabbed some of the weapons and they broke while fighting more goblins. also carry limit, I couldn't carry them all
>>
>>386652529

He literally said it's one of the best games he's ever played retard.
>>
>>386659514
I actually don't remember /v/ really praising BotW except in context of beating out Horizon Zero Dawn.
>>
>>386659420
Anon... bombs are one of the first things you get
>>
File: 1381618530079.png (119KB, 547x609px) Image search: [Google]
1381618530079.png
119KB, 547x609px
>>386652529

>Selling quicker than any other Zelda game before it
>The 5th highest rated game of all time
>RIP

What's with the delusion?
>>
>>386659198

you stated a specific, outlandlshly large number and the actual number is less than half of that number. if you don't wanna get into details don't go out of your way to abuse them.

i do recognise that the open world design of botw led to more homogeneity, less unique content, and that might piss people off. but it's a tradeoff. you get something out of the open world design that you couldn't get out of a traditional zelda game - likewise, you get something out of a traditional zelda game you can't get out of botw. i think it's entirely possible to enjoy both, because botw is extremely well crafted and a rare gem in the open world genre.
>>
>>386659470
>game is not very impressive
>that means it's a failure!
What a leap
>>386659514
Nothing ever turned. People who liked it almost always did. People who hate it are still hating it. One group has moved on while the other stayed. Exactly like what happens with all popular releases like Persona 5
>>
>>386659540
What do you mean "steal weapons"
There's no more weapons laying around I picked them all up and fought goblins with them
>>
>>386659514
a loud minority on /v/ has been shitting on BotW since its announcement.
>>
>>386659514
It's not just /v/ check out reddit too, people want the regular dungeons back. BOTW will be forgotten after the next Zelda comes around, Twilight Princess won't.
>>
>>386659038
>Poe, Peahat, Octoroks, skulltula, Chu Chu, Keese, Wolfos, Bubble
>over 80 enemy types
You do realise that these categories do not factor in recolors right?
The MM one also doesn't separate traps and enemies. It even has the boss remains listed as regular enemies.
>>
>>386659591
Either way, if /v/ is ripping on Breath of the Wild, it's now blatant that it will never be happy with anything and will simply rip on shit simply for being new and different.
>>
>>386659514
The salt content has always been pretty high though
>>
>>386659549
So then go back? They stay where you left them.
>>
>>386659629
>My boy entered into the race and came close to first place
>That means he won!
No, it's your own words. Speak better and you won't look like a fool next time.
>>
>>386659591
You have been in a coma or have very selective memory then

>>386659664
Those are some wild claims, and did you just admit you go to reddit?
>>
>>386659598
Not if you can't progress even that far to get them.
I've made it clear that I'm fighting enemies in the FIRST shrine without weapons.
>>
>>386659664
>check out reddit too

That explains it

>BOTW will be forgotten after the next Zelda comes around, Twilight Princess won't.
>The gam with the highest number of perfect scores in history will be forgotten in favor of the game that's good but mainly remembered as a copycat of a better game
>>
>>386659721
Not that he won, but he did well anyway. Are you done strawmanning now? Thanks
>>
>>386653196

>"it's a great BLANK but a bad BLANK" argument

Is it a good game or not you fucking idiot? I'm so sick of these NOT MUH idiots thinking that franchises absolutely must adhere to a structure to be good. If it is a good game and it has zelda in the title then GUESS WHAT ITS A GOOD ZELDA TITLE!
>>
>>386659676
Honestly, I think it's mostly just a problem of the fact that nintendo is always too little too late. The reason BotW happened was because Skyward Sword got shat on for not being Skyrim.
>"OH MY GOD ZELDA IS ABOUT EXPLORING"
>"I HATE THAT THE SKY IS EMPTY"
>"NO GAME SHUT UP DON'T TELL ME THAT THERE'S NO TREASURE HERE I WANT TO EXPLORE"
>"EXPLORAAAASHIOOOON"

If Nintendo had swapped the place of Breath of the Wild and Skyward Sword, it's my belief they would have both been shat on less.
>>
>>386659789
You said you fought them all, and what shrine did you goto? Bombs should've been the first one
>>
>>386659789
But how? The goblins drop a weapon when they are killed. Even if you break shit fighting them you get them back

Anyways go back and get those weapons
>>
>>386659454
I will, but why don't you learn what falseflagging is first?
>>
File: sgr-melora-cave.jpg (122KB, 550x732px) Image search: [Google]
sgr-melora-cave.jpg
122KB, 550x732px
How hard is it to make a Zelda game that doesn't rely on the Master Sword, Ganon, and Hyrule for once? They wanted to take the series in new directions but instead of exploring new possibilities they constrained themselves by not trying a new location or antagonist

They could've had Link and Zelda wind up in a strange new world with a new villain but instead BOTW relies so heavily on OOT and other past games to prop itself up when it has no semblance of a Zelda game
>>
>>386659470

a straw man is a misrepresentation of your opponent's argument. i never made an argument that the scenery is the one good thing about the game. in fact i specifically said i didn't.

>Those are literally not the words you said.

i didn't say they were. i was expanding on my point a bit so you understood better. so shoot me you argumentative fuck
>>
>>386659904
Breath of the Wild absolutely hasn't been shat on as much as skyward sword, so it makes no sense why swapping would work
>>
>>386659904
SS's main problem was motion controls fucking everywhere.
>>
>>386659974
But...you don't need the Mastersword.
>>
>>386654051

>horribly flawed
>following Skyward Sword
>following Twilight Princess

it wasn't exactly hard to be a good zelda in this decade.
>>
File: Stare.jpg (25KB, 588x418px) Image search: [Google]
Stare.jpg
25KB, 588x418px
>>386659851
>Not that he won, but he did well anyway.
Sure he did. Sorry, but out here in the world of people with standards, "doing well" but failing earns no marks. I have standards for my games.

>Are you done strawmanning now? Thanks
>"Teehee, you corrected me on my erroneous use of strawman twice now! That means you're getting triggered! I'm just gonna say it randomly now to trigger you more"
How cute.
>>
>>386654352

People are so used to bad Zeldas that when they get something that embodies the spirit of the original, they think it's not Zelda enough.
>>
what is up with the "4 hour long dissertation on video games" genre of youtube vids? who is watching this shit?
>>
>>386659789
Dude just raid a Bokoblin camp while they're asleep.
Alternatively pick up sticks or whack something using magnesis.
>>
File: 1451176795111.png (9KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
1451176795111.png
9KB, 271x288px
>275 Post
>69 posters
OP Samefagging to hell and back to adverstise his shitty video.
>>
>>386660047
Jesus this is literally the /v/ meme comic about the kid getting not a perfect score
>>
>>386659789
in that case head for the bomb shrine and avoiding fighting anything you dumbfuck.
Or steal weapons from a camp like >>386660107 suggested.
>>
>>386659789
The magnesis trial let's you use magnesis to destroy the guardian.
The bomb trial naturally let's you use bombs to destroy the guardian.

And truth be told. You don't need to kill any of the guardians of the tutorial.
You can also destroy them by parrying with a shield.
>>
File: Squint.jpg (58KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Squint.jpg
58KB, 300x250px
>>386659983
>i never made an argument that the scenery is the one good thing about the game
Wait...When I was originally accused of a strawman, I wasn't quoting anyone, I was only talking about the video...

Is that you, Joseph Anderson?
>>
>>386659974
>They could've had Link and Zelda wind up in a strange new world with a new villain but instead BOTW relies so heavily on OOT and other past games to prop itself up when it has no semblance of a Zelda game

They've done it several times but most were shit on
>>
>>386659913
I read a guide online. bombs are the second shrine.
I went to the one after the tower. the magnet
>>
>>386660047

oh my god you are so mad.

if you want to correct me on my terminology, please do explain what you think it means, what you think i think it means, and why i'm wrong. looking forward to you wrestling with the english language trying to get that across
>>
>>386660197
Of course he is in the thread, he needs more clicks
>>
>>386660116
The video is months old, retard. OP is probably just a faggot.
>>
>>386652529

>2 hours just to basically say NOT MUH ZELDA

these overanalysis vidyatubers need to fuck off. Or at least get a script doctor.
>>
>>386660208
Then use magnesis to find the swords and chests in the ponds .
>>
>>386659629
>Nothing ever turned. People who liked it almost always did. People who hate it are still hating it. One group has moved on while the other stayed.

That's exactly what's going on with pretty much any game. People who like it have either said all they have to say about it and so have either stopped talking about it or migrated to a general on /vg/. It's the people who don't like the games that decide to constantly make threads on /v/ where they can circlejerk about how much they don't like a thing.

It probably explains why the most common Souls-themed thread on /v/ is pretty much "Don't we all agree that Dark Souls 2 is garbage?" or otherwise devolves into that.
>>
>>386660208
You can destroy the said guardian with the new magnet tool you have, and only that. Go wild anon, you can do it!
>>
>>386660197
Of course it's him, no one watches a 2h long video then defends it with this kind of fervor other than the creator himself.
>>
>>386660028
Where in my post did I say it was required?
>>
>>386660305
No it's more of "Don't we all agree Dark Souls 3 is garbage?" now
>>
>>386656202
>>386656360
>>386658702
His video is nothing but a shitty clickbait video that spoils most of the entire game while contradicting itself all over.
But of course, it shits on Zelda. So people love it.
>>
File: 53442346270650.png (209KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
53442346270650.png
209KB, 640x360px
>tfw I genuinely enjoyed myself
>tfw my sense of wonder and adventure never wavered when I was out exploring
>tfw I got excited everytime I came across something new I haven't seen yet
>tfw looking out across the world to see what I can see and planning out how I'll get there
>tfw I found the master sword just by navigating the woods by going in a general direction and backing out super quick before the mist took me
>tfw finally pulling out the MS after getting as much health as I could find and the genuine giddiness that came with it
>tfw becoming more and more of an adventurer with every passing moment just by fucking around and having a great time

I had a great time with this game, and it pains me to see people didn't have the same experience playing through it as I did.
>>
>>386660208

you used a fucking guide???

who uses a guide on fucking botw, jesus christ. are you five?
>>
>>386660239
>oh my god you are so mad.
u happy bro?

>if you want to correct me on my terminology, please do explain what you think it means,
Strawman is when you set up a false opponent to say things so that you can defend against it. My original post was talking about the video, in which he actually makes the argument that one of the reasons exploration in the game works is because the scenery is beautiful and scenic, making it worthwhile to approach.

All other accusations of strawman were due to one idiot misusing the term, and the other idiot thinking that the misuse triggered me instead of me using it as an easy target for calling him an idiot.
>>
>>386659974

How hard is it to make a season of General Hospital without a hospital, doctors, and nurses?
How hard is it to make a McDonalds without burgers, fries, and shakes?
>>
>>386660164
>head for the bomb shrine
>read a guide telling you where the bomb shrine is so you can progress
Great game design

>>386660169
You mean whacking the guardians with boxes while they are shooting at you? Yeah not a tedious pain in the ass at all
>>
>>386660367
Then how does it "rely" on the master sword when you can miss it? And how the fuck does it rely on link when he is just a blank slate?
>>
>>386660367
>How hard is it to make a Zelda game that doesn't rely on the Master Sword
You don't have to go anywhere near the Master Sword in BoTW. It's not even a central plot element like it is in say, Wind Waker or LttP.
>>
>>386660208
>bombs are the second shrine.
you can do the shrines in any order.
>>
>>386660394
and "Dark Souls 2 is the best game in the series, prove me wrong". The contrarian cycle doesn't apply to everyone, but on average it's pretty accurate.
>>
>>386660479
You are goalpost moving all over the place. You have no weapons but refuse to go to go out and get them or use the tool already provided to you to defeat an enemy. How is this bad design at all?
>>
>>386659974
>How hard is it to make a Zelda game that doesn't rely on the Master Sword, Ganon, and Hyrule for once?
Uh, about 50% hard, because literally half of the series doesn't use those plot elements, genius.
>>
>>386660461

>one of the reasons

boom, argument over.

that is a strawman. you changed 'one of the reasons' to 'the only reason'. that is a misrepresentation limiting the argument he's making to a statement you are presenting as superficial.
>>
>>386660479
>Yeah not a tedious pain in the ass at all
Nigga boxes do a fuck ton of damage if you can whip it around fast enough.
>>
>>386660439
that's okay, most of the people complaining about it are shitposters anyway
>>
>>386658278

>MUH HOOKSHOT
defeats exploration
>MUH NAVI
BoTW gets bonus points SOLELY for not having a nagging tutorial tagalong. The only good companion ever was Midna.
>>
>>386660439
/v/ is too cynical to appreciate an abstract concept like adventure

It's the same reason /v/ gets so butthurt if you call a game like Wind Waker "comfy"
>>
>>386660629
Midna was shit. King was better
>>
>>386660301
Great I'll go searching every random pond for a weapon now...

>>386660458
It forced me to use a guide with it's shitty stupid game design.
"explore the world is yours!"
"wait don't explore that much! now you have no weapons!"
>>
>>386660476
If you already did stasis then head out and send that rock by the shrine flying. Also did you go by the old man's house? He has an axe for you.
>>
>>386660479
>read a guide telling you where the bomb shrine is so you can progress
the Old Man literally tells you how to easily locate the shrines. You are completely retarded.
>>
>>386659974
I don't know if you've ever critically looked at the games Nintendo makes, but they generally don't stray too far from formula insofar as the writing is concerned. Gameplay changes plenty, sure, but core stuff is always going to be the same in Nintendo's main games.

>Mario will usually have to defeat Bowser, probably rescuing Peach, in Mushroom Kingdom
>Link will usually have to defeat Ganon, probably rescuing Zelda, in Hyrule
>Samus will usually have to defeat Mother Brain/Ridley/Pirates, probably rescuing no one, on some planet with caves and ancient bird people technology shit
>(I'm not all that familiar with Metroid games so I can't give an accurate summary here, but the point remains that the premise is almost always the same)

And so on. At least Donkey Kong broke tradition in its reboot for the Wii. Nevertheless, Nintendo doesn't like to stray too far from its formulas. Sure, you might get a new setting, but the bones of the game are going to be similar.

However, I'll add that this isn't flat out a bad thing. Don't fix what isn't broken and all that. Archetypes and tropes and formulas are used because they work, and that's fine. Will we ever see a Zelda game in outer space where Link is some sort of knight errant for an interstellar kingdom, and he has to struggle with some sort of dark robotic force? Probably not, but that's not necessarily a good or bad thing.
>>
>>386660479
>guardians
>plural
I am pretty sure there is only one guardian in the magnesis trial only has one guardian. And it's not tedious at all. It dies from one whack or one drop. It's the weakest type of gurdian. They're weak as fuck. It's a wonder they don't collapse from their own weight.
>>
>>386660603
>that is a strawman. you changed 'one of the reasons' to 'the only reason'. that is a misrepresentation limiting the argument he's making to a statement you are presenting as superficial.
Link me to my post that says this please. I just reviewed my original comment, and nowhere do I state the "only" reason or "one of the reasons".

>boom, argument over.
At the risk of sounding reddit-like, fucking cringe bro.
>>
>>386660674
>shitty stupid game design
Basically you being unwilling to kill a guardian with something besides a weapon
>>
>>386660481
>>386660515
You don't have to acquire it, but it's still there despite not having any real reason to be. It doesn't act like any of its other incarnations, breaks like all the other weapons (recharge is the same thing), and is really only in the game because it's a staple of the series. Instead of making a new powerful sword it's there solely because the other games had it
>>
>>386660674

>It forced me to use a guide with it's shitty stupid game design.

no it didn't. none of us had to.

i don't think you even need weapons for most of the game.
>>
>>386660674
Magnesis highlights it for you
>>
File: 9595998.jpg (313KB, 1057x808px) Image search: [Google]
9595998.jpg
313KB, 1057x808px
>>386660629
>The only good companion ever was Midna.
>>
>>386660759
What about it being a nice throwback and cameo? It's a pretty darn good 1 hand weapon too, and can shoot projectiles like the other master swords
>>
>>386660519
By the way the game is set up. I raised the tower and went to the first shrine right next to it.
Why didn't the developers put the bomb shrine right next to the tower? why do I have to go searching and checking random shrines for the bomb?
>>
>>386660759
So you agree that the game doesn't rely on the master sword then. After all you did just say it doesn't have a part to play.
>>
>>386659376

>having extremely mixed feelings is just his gimmick
>LOL IT'S JUST A CHARACTER BRO

Cancer. Either be honest or fuck off. I understand people's opinions can change but the game isn't even 6 months old.
>>
>>386660734
>Just because it looks pretty doesn't make it worthwhile or worthy of exploration and that's the problem to most people.
>By your own admission that means BotW failed at its one job.

do you know what 'just because' means, anon? or 'one job'?
>>
>>386660852
Why are you so fucking retarded you don't even know the guardian dies in literally one hit with magnesis? You don't even need to find the bomb at all, jesus this is some good bait is this?
>>
>>386652529
Joe often delves too deep, and cares too much about whether a game adheres to its legacy good enough or not.

If Fallout 4 had deviated enough from the original games but was also a good game, it would've been generally praised (well, at least consistently, not for like the two months it was getting jerked off)

I like having consistency if the improvements are solid, but having change isn't a bad thing. The fact that this is by far one of the hardest Zeldas in the game and he bitches about overpreperation, how 50percent of shrines are shit, well I mean, you had way more varience in mechanics and ideas than any other zelda game before.
>>
>>386660852
protip when complaining about games on /v/: don't argue that something's too hard
>>
>>386660713
>>386660752
The fucking box bounces off of it.
>>
>>386652529
Spot on tbqh.
>>
>>386660991
Hey genius, maybe you could try, I don't know, aiming at his weak point?
>>
>>386660895
Its presence in the game, optional or not, means it relies on it
>>
>>386652529

Finding problems with a game doesn't mean it's suddenly not good, every game has flaws
>>
>>386660949
All the dark souls niggers come fumbling from the woodworks to tell you every game is easy because of how easy it was for them and there superior SKILLZ
>>
>>386661074
>aiming at his weak point
You don't even need to. One whack or one drop and it's fucking dead. They're weak as shit. He is obviously just shitposting.
>>
TP and SS fucking sucked, anyone who longs for more shit like that can just off themselves.
>>
>>386661093
This makes 0 sense. If you can remove something without it having any effect on the game it means the game does not rely on said thing
>>
>>386660991
Then stop fucking tapping it, do the only thing a man with metal control would do and SMASH it.
Raise it well above it's head and drop it.
Move far away from it and slam it into the side.

Either way it's going to die quickly.
>>
>>386653196

>great game terrible Zelda

Terrinle Argument, Fuck off

Half the reason people have it the high scores is because it was a Zelda game taking risks
>>
>>386656247
Shit it's been a while since you posted but I may as well.
>I agree with a lot of what was said here, particularly how the open ended format meant shrines could not expand on clever puzzles as much as I'd hoped. Enemy types as well, needed more variety. The emergent stuff technically makes combat feel more varied than such a limited crop would have you believe, but we definitely needed more. I understand they wanted most enemies to drop weapons, but just giving us something like a flying enemy capable of holding them would have added a lot for us.

>However, your point about requiring a self-imposed challenge so as to not break the game with armor doesn't quite sit well with me. Upgrading armor requires a pretty substantial time investment, to the point where the self-imposed crutch is more trying of your patience than the self-imposed challenge, so the vast majority of people putting in the time to become an invincible wall are getting exactly what they want. Most players won't even bother releasing the fourth fairy. The issue with food healing you instantly was sound enough, the armor problem doesn't make nearly as much sense.

>I also take umbrage with your desire for the Lynel to drop a weapon capable of defeating it. Grabbing the right equipment for a fight is part of the game. I don't want to be able to find a weapon capable of taking down a Lynel right next to a Lynel. I want to be scared off and come back later, now prepared, to kick its ass. Additionally, the trek to find better weapons to fight a Lynel with is no more significant than the obstruction caused by fire, heat, and cold that is permanently overcome by clothing or stocking up on the right food. If the environment can force equipment checks, I see no issue with why a single enemy type, found on its own, that is so far down the "optional" scale that it doesn't even count as a mini-boss, and its only appearance in the main quest can be bypassed with stealth, can't do it as well.
>>
File: 8ORNnmP.png (39KB, 609x780px) Image search: [Google]
8ORNnmP.png
39KB, 609x780px
>>386659671
I'm taking the bait
>>
>>386661123
the box just bounced off the guardian. I literally had to use the box to just push it off the edge. it was annoying and stupid.
>>
>>386660991
Post a screenshot of you in the game, because I don't believe anyone can be so retarded
>>
>>386660852
I think you need this
https://youtu.be/yeaYiTv8zoM
>>
>>386660439
vagina bones
>>
>>386661093
That's absolutely ridiculous.
That's like saying each and every GTA game relies on the easter eggs as a huge part of the game.
>>
>>386661170
He could also run past it. I didn't even kill that thing before returning to the plateu much later.
>>
>>386661150
But it would have an effect when several story scenes and memories are tied to it

>you don't need to do the story scenes or memories
yeah but it's still part of the greater whole and still in the game
>>
>>386660921
Just because of reason X doesn't mean that this is worthy of Y. That doesn't mean I can't find other reasons why Y is good or not in a game.

Just because you point out X in an argument, doesn't mean that argument Y is null and void, for instance.

Just because is not an indicator of "this is the only reason".

One job was purely referring to the anon's argument and you're taking it out of it's context.

Maybe you should retake English lessons and reading comprehension, anon?
>>
>>386653964

Impressive for the Switch

Absolutely trash for PS4 when you consider sales numbers
>>
>>386659904
More like it got shat on for not being Zelda. Exploration is Zelda. Dowsing and being linear and dumb puzzles are not.
>>
>>386661224
Wait why group the blights together?
>>
>>386661224
The blight ganons have vastly different movesets and gimmicks though? Why are they repeating types. Why are wizzrobes not there at all?
>>
>>386661221

>You also seem off the mark with the setting of this game. Hyrule endured the Calamity 100 years ago because Zelda awakened her powers and has been holding Ganon back. That's why it's still a mostly-functional society of smaller city-states rather than a full organized kingdom. Monsters roam every bit of the land outside these areas. Civilization is doing okay but only in small pockets. I constantly ran into people being terrorized by monsters on the road. Ganon's influence is only just now starting to bubble with Zelda's power eroding. It's a powder keg, things haven't hit the fan quite yet but the signs are there. The game went to great lengths to establish the quest as preparation. This is a coordinated assault on a fortress, not a desperate war of attrition, the feeling of taking your time is communicated pretty well. It also looks like you took Link's death scene at face value when most of the dialogue regarding that situation seems to imply he DID fail in a fight against Calamity Ganon. I saw that scene as him being forced to flee and eventually succumbing to his wounds. I suppose there's wiggle room here though so I'm not really hung up on it.
>>
>>386661323
>Exploration is Zelda
This has only been true in Zelda 1. Zelda 2 and onwards have never been about exploration, but rather adventure, puzzles, and story. Stop pushing this meme.
>>
>>386661228
So you still beat it? Then what the fuck are you complaining about? How is this bad game design?
>>
File: IMG_1220.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1220.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
What bugs me are the people that act like they are above others because you thought the game had flaws

Yeah, we know about them, but it didn't bother others like it did you and doesn't invalidate that it was still a good game
>>
>>386661224

you've both padded the list for mm and stripped back the list for botw. you dum
>>
>>386652743
OR OR OR instead of Zelda changing, nintendo could have just made A NEW FUCKING IP to make this type of game with but why would they do that when they can just milk the zelda name LOL.
>>
>>386661495
>a series should stagnate for ever and ever!
Go play OOT again
>>
>>386661281
not him but your logic is retarded.
>>386661267 put it best
>>
>>386661281
>But it would have an effect when several story scenes and memories are tied to it
What are you even talking about? The Master Sword barely has a passing mention in the memories and in the main story there's nothing about it, at most you'll get the guy who thinks he has the legendary master shovel(?).
>>
>>386661495
They made two different IPs already yo
>>
>>386659664
>TP

HAHAHA awful bait
>>
>>386661304

>Just because is not an indicator of "this is the only reason".

man this shit reminds me of doing critical thinking AS level. the absolute batshit retarded, plainly fallacious examples they give you at the age of 15 years old so you don't fall for daily mail opeds, and you're literally a living breathing example
>>
File: YPBOfy1.png (41KB, 610x785px) Image search: [Google]
YPBOfy1.png
41KB, 610x785px
>>386661335
>>386661327

Robes are there. As for blight ganons, they have different moves for sure, but their visual design is very similar, just different weapons, changed it to be fairer. My point still stands.

>>386661482
Name one enemy from the MM list that is like the other from it?
>>
>>386654051
>It's a good game, but not one of the best games in recent years, nor even one of the best 3D Zeldas, and nowhere does Anderson state that.

Literally watch the video faggot. Anderson said it's the best open world game he's ever played.
>>
>>386661746

>big deku baba
>deku baba
>bugs
>>
>>386661746
So you're being a little faggot on purpose just because it suits your narrative? Why didn't you include bears and wolves then?
>>
>>386661728
Yes, for the Single Reason that you shouldn't hang out with your friends does not mean that there are no reasons to hang out with your friends.

Please click on your own links you are posting in the thread, you mouthbreather.
>>
>>386661245
See. I did it like this guy. but the box shoved the guardian to the side without damaging it. like some glitchy bethesda game.
>>
>>386661928
because he's an autistic faggot that gets triggered by botw.
>>
>>386661746
But your point doesn't stand, they do everything differently. You can't just say" lol they all look the same so they're the same boss XD"
>>
>>386662021
So is he dead or not?
>>
>>386661383
There were strong exploration elements in most of the 2D games with Wind Waker trying to do it in 3D.
>>
>>386661571
>a series should completely change for the worse and be unrecognizable to its past games

Goodgoy keep swallowing our nintenturds!

>>386661672
Barebones gimicky google playstore tier games oh boy so risky!
>>
>>386652743
this
we can close this thread now
>>
>>386661746
>but their visual design is very similar,
Are you seriously trying to say that's the only requirement to an enemy? What about the thing that actually makes them enemies as in how they attack Link?
Are you being this retarded on purpose?
>>
>>386661746
Not counting the blight bosses as separate because they "look similar" was absolutely retarded and shows how biased you are. Aside from that you should include Stalnox (or whatever it's called) and walking sentry/flying sentry should be counted as different since you fight them very differently.
>>
File: 2016-01-17 14.03.34.png (7KB, 235x236px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-17 14.03.34.png
7KB, 235x236px
>>386662224
New Ips are always risky it doesn't matter what buzzwords you use. Even PlayStation All-Star battle was risky but good.
>>
>>386662138
Yeah I pushed it off the ledge after about 20 minutes.

but the whole experience pissed me off. and the game feels shitty now.
>>
>>386662021
So you want us to believe that you somehow managed to find all the available weapons, break all said weapons without managing to find or complete a single shrine. Even as you inaccurately describe the contents of the shrines. And then encounter super special one of a kind bugs that no one else have been subjected too.

It doesn't sound particularly believable buddy.
>>
>>386662224
>a series should completely change
>implying it didn't go back to it's roots
>>
>>386662220
Not in the open world sense. The exploration was allowing you to look around, true, but ultimately paths were blocked off from you if you didn't have the right items or know how to get past them. I don't ultimately consider that open world exploration.
>>
>>386662392
If any of this is true you might take the prize as the most useless player I've ever heard of. You should seriously start streaming, people would watch that shit.
>>
>>386662392
How did it take you 20 minutes to drop a box on it's head?
>>
>>386662224
>a series should completely change for the worse and be unrecognizable to its past games

But it didn't. You're just being an hyperbolic nigger.
>>
File: jabba-the-hutt-portrait-tall.jpg (342KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
jabba-the-hutt-portrait-tall.jpg
342KB, 1536x864px
This is the second BotW thread I've seen today which will hit bump limit.

Can't you fucking dumb ass kids just accept that Nintendo made a great game and get over it? It's been 6 (SIX) months.
>>
>>386661960

when you say

>just because your friends do it, that doesn't mean you should too

you are trying to persuade your child to resist peer pressure by pointing out that their friends often persuade them to do something foolish or against their interests. you are presenting it as the only reason they would do it or are doing it.

when you say

>just because it's pretty doesn't mean it's worth exploring

you are doing the same thing.

use your fucking head. even if you don't understand the english language, you know that is what you are doing. take the hit man. you'll come out of this with more pride.
>>
File: Bio_Deku_Baba.png (77KB, 227x277px) Image search: [Google]
Bio_Deku_Baba.png
77KB, 227x277px
>>386661826
Bio Deku Baba its an underwater version of it. You detach it from a lily pad and it starts running after you. Nothing like the regular deku baba. I'm not sure you even played the game anon
>>386661928
well call me whatever you want to and I didn't add them because I forgot about them since they weren't on the wiki page

>>386662039
BOTW is a perfect gaem my friend 10/10 xd its flawless. This is an 18+ site

>>386662041
>>386662242
>>386662253
I added them to the list, why are you being angry over such trivial things. You can clearly see that variety in BOTW is lacking.
>>
>>386662540
He would steal like the entirety of DSP's audience.
>>
>>386662418
At this point it's hard to believe he even owns the game in any capacity let alone played it.
>>
>>386662586

Because it's not so great and has many flaws.
>>
>>386662637

>You can clearly see that variety in BOTW is lacking.

no one has said it has the same enemy variety as mm.
>>
>>386662224
A fucking child.

BotW was originally planned to release last year - the 30th Anniversary of Zelda - which is why Nintendo deliberately looked the original NES title for inspiration.
>>
>>386662637
I agree that the variety in BotW is lacking, but if you go through the trouble of making an actual list, you should expect to be called out when you intentionally mess it up to make it appear even worse than it is.
>>
>>386662689
>It's not so great
>BotW is the only Link who can jump over that wall

Hmmm...
>>
>>386662689
counterpoint: it is great but still has some flaws like anything in life.
>>
>>386662617
Or I'm trying to suggest that this reason isn't good enough presented on it's own to merit it being worth anything.

Just because you keep finding "just" definitions, doesn't mean that there aren't multiple reasons why you are wrong.

See how that works? When I address a singular flow of logic, I use "just because". When I'm addressing multiple reasons, I will use a different word because there is more to address.

Just because you pedantically wish to continue the argument doesn't mean I should respond to you. This doesn't mean I don't have other reasons to not respond to you.

Are you getting it now?
>>
>>386662689
It has a few minor niggles which come nowhere close to overshading how suberb it is. But whatever. You'll just have to accept that you're in a minority chum. I guess the next few years will be difficult for you when BotW keeps getting referenced and discussed.
>>
>>386653196
>NOT MY ZELDA
Back to tumblr, faggot.
>>
>>386662637
BoTW doesn't have as much enemies as MM but you're still underplaying the variety in enemy patterns just because they look the same. For example a Lizalfos, Electric Lizalfos and Fire Breathing one have different attacks at their disposal as their names clearly suggest.
If you're going to do something like that the Bio Deku Baba can't be considered a different enemy type either for the same reasons.
>>
>>386662637
I'm nit angry, I'm just saying if you're gonna make a list don't group the enemies that play different simply because they look similar
>>
>>386662846

>Or I'm trying to suggest that this reason isn't good enough presented on it's own to merit it being worth anything.

exactly.

jesus christ anon how are you not getting this.

>on
>its
>own
>>
>>386662351
>>386662427
>>386662574
>>386662750

>mfw all these nintendo cock slurpers on my /v/
>>
>>386663198
Are u retarded
>>
File: 1497435605331.png (178KB, 614x471px) Image search: [Google]
1497435605331.png
178KB, 614x471px
>>386653964

NOOO NOOO JUST NOO THIS MUST BE FAKE BY SONY NOO IMPOSSIBLE HOW? ARGGGGGG DELETE THIS.
>>
File: 1466385692262.png (23KB, 215x223px) Image search: [Google]
1466385692262.png
23KB, 215x223px
Heres what I think about each zelda game

>LTTP was Great, possibly the best Zelda game for me
>LA was Good
>OoT was Good
>MM was Great
>OoA/OoS was Good
>WW was okay
>Minish Cap was good
>Spirit Tracks/Phantom Hourglass was shit
>TP was okay
>SS was shit
>BotW was okay
>>
>>386663115
Yes, because I'm only addressing that point, which is what I've said over and over again. Do you have autism? No, like for reals, do you have legit autism? Because I'm starting to think you do, you've been arguing this as your sole reason for misusing strawman for about 20 minutes now. Seriously, nobody on 4chan is going to care as soon as you stop responding to me. Nobody will know who you are.
>>
File: jatop.png (113KB, 654x1105px) Image search: [Google]
jatop.png
113KB, 654x1105px
>>386659454
https://www.patreon.com/posts/q-session-2-2017-8417304

>>386660901
not gimmick as in character, gimmick as in that's how a lot of his recent videos end up coming off, probably started with the witness
>>
>>386663198
I praised PlayStation all-star battle tho
>>
>>386663269
My opinion differs from yours and thus you should kill your self
>>
>>386663046
Considering his MM list he really should be including wolves and bears and stuff even if they're technically classified as animals rather than monsters. They're still hostile creatures.
>>
File: m8cakr5phtny.jpg (156KB, 1250x721px) Image search: [Google]
m8cakr5phtny.jpg
156KB, 1250x721px
>>386653964
>flagship shitendo series can't outsell a generic tps/rpg

TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>386663268
Wojak posting aside it's not taking into account the Wii U sales which by that point has crossed 1m.
>>
>>386663535
>>386663268
My brother don't make it too obvious. It's almost pathetic especially now that we have numbers for both
>>
>>386653964
My thoughts are maybe all the turbo bingbingwahooers on /v/ will finally neck themselves.
>>
File: Zelda btfo.jpg (2MB, 2637x2893px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda btfo.jpg
2MB, 2637x2893px
>spends 90% of the video shitting on the game
>"It's the best open world game i've ever played"

This is why I can't get behind this hack. He didn't have the back bone to outright say that Zelda was good but nothing special and nowhere near the best open world game ever because of the potential back lash.

BoTW is a god tier experience for the first 15 hours. But then once you realize that the shrines are shit, the side quests are laughable, the enemy variety is a joke and that the vast majority of things to find are either breakable weapons or literal tree poop, then you quickly lose interest.

Even Tarrey town, the quest that BOTW fanboys use to act like the quests in BoTW didn't suck complete dick, was nothing but one giant fucking fetch quest but the visual rewards (building the town) tricked people into thinking it was something different.

BoTW is nothing more than Nintendos version of Just Cause 2 and MGSV. A game with a fantastic engine/foundation but absolute shit tier content. It's a virtual tech demo.

It's just further proof that open world games without good side quests, suck dick. Disagree? Well name me some good open world games with shitty quests.
>>
>>386663198
>my /v/
Newfags
>>
>>386663676
Dragons dogma

Also I like how you insist his own analysis and opinion is wrong and only you are right
>>
>>386663676
This.
>>
>>386663046
I absolutely agree that the enemies in BOTW have way better fighting mechanics. MM came out in 2000. But just because it's old it doesn't justify the lack of mechanics.
My main point is that everything felt fresh and original in different areas. In BOTW the shrines had the same music, dialogue and visuals every single time. And the dialogue takes 20+ sec also don't forget the loading time.
BOTW is repetitive, this is the curse of open world games. A good open world game is really hard to make and it takes a long time. It's pretty much a ubisoft game under the veil of an amazing artstyle, physics and mechanics. It's a a polished game.and its attractive and addicting. Now imagine all of these things into the old Zelda format. Everyone talks about muh freedom Zelda1 blah blah blah
>>
>>386663405

it was a strawman. you isolated one element of his commentary and argued that it wasn't enough to make the exploration good. then you later admitted that he'd actually presented multiple reasons working in concert. it's a common argument you get on here.

>i like this game because of abcd working in concert
>i disagree. just because d is present, does not mean the game is good

where the fuck did a b and c go nigguh?
>>
>>386663676
Oh my god it's this faggot again, and now he's claiming Joseph Anderson is afraid of backlash after his dragons dogma video where he shit all over a cult classic
>>
>>386663676
>shit
>laughable
>a joke
>sucks dick
>>
>>386663676
>name me some good open world games with shitty quests.
The Witcher 2
>>
97 and GOTY.
>>
>>386663749

>Dragons Dogma
>Good open world game

Nope.
>>
>>386663676
Holy shit this is actual autism. You think he is actually afraid of backlash when he has such a cocksucking fanbase?
>>
tl;dr "this isn't REALLY a zelda game, but it's still the best zelda game I've ever played"
I agree, this game is effectively skyrim except every time you enter a dungeon you bust out your phone and play an angry birds level.
>>
>>386663951
>greentext
Not an argument. It's better than Witcher 3: Bore hunt especially
>>
File: 1499962293007.png (236KB, 1333x1358px) Image search: [Google]
1499962293007.png
236KB, 1333x1358px
>>386663824
>>386663832
>>386663749

>Non arguments

Deal with it Nintenkiddies.

Games from now on are known as "Before Witcher 3" and "After Witcher 3". Zelda could barely be more relevant than Horizon Zero Yawn
>>
File: 1495085116155.gif (2MB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
1495085116155.gif
2MB, 250x191px
>>386663862
/thread.

The endless tears and foot stomping won't change a thing.
>>
>>386664043
Are you emulating that other fag's posting style? Good job though
>>
>>386664031
>Good open world game

It's a shitty open world game that sold like shit, reviewed like shit and is shit.

>>386663856

>Witcher 2
>Open world

Not only is it not open world, it also has good side quests
>>
>>386664043
Zero "Yawn" would imply the game is fun, you retard.
>>
>>386663676
>Zelda
>things to do, puzzles to solve
>Shitcher
>NPCs tell stories
>>
>>386664043
I was only highlighting how crappy your arguments where, I never intended to offer you any of my own. I like TW3 by the way.
>>
>>386664113
Oh I'm sorry I meant The Witcher 3
>>
>>386663676

>not one person has even tried to refute this

Every time.
>>
>>386652529
>Ganon is a pretty good boss fight

I don't even have to watch the video to know this guy is retarded
>>
>>386664113
>reviewed like shit
It's only because reviewers cannot appreciate good combat. That's also why Witcher 3 reviewed so well
>>
>>386663817
Because I wasn't addressing a b or c because a b and c are all subtopics under D. I said one of many reasons, and this seems to be triggering you for some reason, but this seems to have been a mistake on my part. All of the reasons are subtopics under D which is why the landscape is pretty to explore. I said one of the reasons because I was acknowledging the sub points, but now I take this back.

Also, Strawman is not isolating a singular element of a commentary. Sorry, but you're wrong on this. Please stop posting, you're becoming annoying to speak with. I didn't take that job as a special ed teacher for this specific reason.
>>
>>386663862
Odyssey will beat it out
>>
>>386664190
>debate
What's there to debate? It has been addressed many times already as well, just check the other threads. No need to rehash the same argument over and over again
>>
>>386664308

Mind giving an archive link to it being "addressed"?
>>
>>386663749

Good taste, anon. Dragon's Dogma and Witcher 3 work because they put in the effort to still craft a somewhat linear experience with unique events. BotW, Assassin's Creed, Horizon Zero Dawn and many other open world games, tend to just copypaste shitty fetch quests.
>>
>>386664190
Fuck off you stupid fucking child it gets refuted every time. People are sick of saying the same thing over and over again.

It's been 6 fucking months. Stop crying.
>>
>>386664427
Go to any BotW thread actually. The same arguments are present in almost every one of them. Or just fireden some words and check it out. Not all of them have addressals but they have been addressed before
>>
>>386664190
I've said it many times before. TW3 is a great game, but it has both strengths and weaknesses compared to BotW. The side quests often have fleshed out stories, but actually completing them usually means following a red line before fighting a monster in it's end. Meanwhile BotW's side quests usually have nonsense stories, but are completed by actually exploring the lands, remembering past discoveries and solving riddles. Combat-wise neither is excellent, but TW3 is arguably worse with how almost every fight turns out the exact same way. The lack of freedom of movement (weak climbing, can't jump in combat) also hurts it. Overall I'd rank BotW slightly higher, although they're both very good games.
>>
>>386664583

>no link
>"don't expect me to backup my baseless claim, go do my arguing for me"

Didn't think so
>>
>>386664545
Horizon is much more linear than dragons dogma, and dragons dogma did not even attempt at a linear or cohesive story. The focus is the combat.
>>
File: runefeel.png (70KB, 1248x1504px) Image search: [Google]
runefeel.png
70KB, 1248x1504px
>>386663676
RuneScape
>>
>>386664660
Not going to spoonfeed you, you can go for it yourself. I know because I have replied to such a post before
>>
>>386664662

>he didn't appreciate DDs story

t. Brainlet

Now I see why you like Zeldashit. Stick to "SAVE DA PRINCESS AND DA WURLD LINK" tier stories, leave the kino to the adults.
>>
>>386664251

>Also, Strawman is not isolating a singular element of a commentary.

i didn't say that. i presented the definition of strawman earlier in the thread. there are many ways of making a straw man, one of which is to isolate and emphasise a particular premise in order to make it appear that the argument is one-sided or ridiculous.

>Because I wasn't addressing a b or c because a b and c are all subtopics under D

i didn't watch the video, but i'm assuming the guy didn't just present the argument 'zelda is worthwhile because it's pretty and here's a list of arguments supporting the intermediary conclusion that it's pretty' anon.

i responded to you because i wanted to encourage you to have more nuance in your argument, anon. you didn't have to go full retard.
>>
>>386664545
>dragons dogma
>Witcher 3
>no shitty copy pasted side quests
Am I in bizaaro land
>>
>>386664773

>i didn't say that.
>it was a strawman. you isolated one element of his commentary and argued that it wasn't enough to make the exploration good.

Sorry, I didn't read the rest of your post because if you fuck up that early on, there's probably not anything worth reading in it.

Post it again, I might read it next time?
>>
>>386664001
>tl;dr "this isn't REALLY a zelda game
It's almost eerily similar to Zelda 1.
It's pretty much Zelda 1 in 3D but with towns and a few cutscenes.
>>
>>386664662

You obviously didn't play Dragon's Dogma. That's okay, just don't throw up bullshit from your mouth, anon.
>>
>>386655173
>Did you not see the webm? He took half his health with ONE flurry rush.

... with the master sword, the strongest weapon in the game to fight Ganon and his blights, which most people don't get until later in the game
>>
>>386664757
>implying dragons dogma is any better
"DEFEAT DA EVIL DRAGON TO SAVE THE LAND!" Sounds any better to you? Wait I forgot you become god but it literally does not matter as you have to kill yourself to proceed
>>
>>386664660
I mentioned some of TW3's weaknesses compared to BotW in the post right above yours.
>>
>>386664887
I actually did, and if you think the story or characters are any good you must be insane. It also suffers from copy pasted side quests pretty badly. Even horizon is better in that regard
>>
>>386664867

just because all p are q does not mean all q are p anon.

strawman is several things. one of which is what i said.
>>
>>386664874
>It's almost eerily similar to Zelda 1.
As noted by the complete lack of dungeons, meaningless combat, empty open world, no real boss fights, wait that shit only describes botw.
>>
I thoroughly enjoyed Breath of the Wild, and nothing you can say will change that.
>>
File: 1463063222024.png (396KB, 574x413px) Image search: [Google]
1463063222024.png
396KB, 574x413px
>>386664757
>likes DD's story
>uses the word kino unironically
>calls other people brainlets
>>
>>386664939

So... your point was it was just about defeating a dragon and then you refute your own point by revealing there's more to the story... except you try to diminish all nuance to still try and defend Zelda. You must realize your point is invalid at this point right? Just admit you were wrong and let it go. It's fine.
>>
File: Friends and Sweethearts.jpg (49KB, 335x300px) Image search: [Google]
Friends and Sweethearts.jpg
49KB, 335x300px
>>386665046
Sorry, I was lying. I don't intend to read your posts anymore. The argument is semantic as fuck anyways and nobody cares about the outcome, and frankly you're not interesting to argue with.
Later~
>>
>>386664626

>but actually completing them usually means following a red line before fighting a monster in it's end.

Simplifying like that can be done with any game. Content, context, gameplay and narrative are what set shitty side quests like what's in BoTW ("attach some octopus ballons onto this barrel for the lulz!") to GOAT tier side quests like Witcher 3 (Bloody Baron, Carnal Sins etc).

>. Meanwhile BotW's side quests usually have nonsense stories, but are completed by actually exploring the lands

You mean with the big yellow objective marker on the mini map?

>remembering past discoveries and solving riddles

Complete nonsense padding to imply that Zelda has any genuine navigating in it what so ever. Every main quest gives you a yellow objective marker and the "Guess this riddle" quests are found in the Witcher 3 as well (Keira Metz statue riddle, the one in B&W, the reflection riddle to defeat Gaunter O'dimm) etc. Difference is, Witcher 3 has varied gameplay like that and god tier stories/writing to go along with it. Zelda does not.

>Combat-wise neither is excellent

It's not even arguable.

Witcher 3s build system alone offers far more depth than anything found in Zelda from a mechanical perspective. Before you predictably act like the "physics" offers more depth, Witcher 3 also has this (AArd enemies off cliffs, use igni to blow up barrels, use your bombs to set traps etc) and it's far more deliberate as opposed to being a happy coincidence of the engine.

>Overall I'd rank BotW slightly higher.

Good for you.

I'd rank Witcher 3 higher. By a large margin

I played Witcher 3 numerous times along with its DLCs spanning hundreds of hours. I can barely stomach my second Zelda playthrough as it is because what's the point?

Where's the replay value? Where's the differening choices and branching narrative paths? It's all the same shit with the same laughable enemy variety and once you solve a shrine puzzle, why the fuck would you ever replay it?
>>
File: 1452606518474.jpg (32KB, 314x370px) Image search: [Google]
1452606518474.jpg
32KB, 314x370px
>>386652529
>2 hours hours long video
Who the fuck watches this shit?
>>
>>386664746

Didn't. Think. So
>>
>>386665214

i don't imagine it is very interesting to be rightly criticised on the same point repeatedly until you understand, but i'm glad i've gotten through. have a nice night
>>
>>386663676
He calls it the best open world ever made because it's vertical instead of horizontal like every other open world game.
>>
>>386665080
There's also more to the story in Zelda but you didn't even have the curtesy to include that
>>
>>386657372
>Items are only ever utilized in one dungeon
Confirmed for never playing Wind Waker. It was the one 3D Zelda that made use of all its items outside their dungeons.
>>
>>386665221
Have you played Breath of the Wild? Only one, one fucking quest (the starter one) is marked. After that it's hands off.
>>
>>386664874
it has more in comon with other games than with zelda 1, people like say that de first zelda was non linear but that's bullshit, OoT was less linear than the first zelda.
>>
File: 1496416653838.jpg (45KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1496416653838.jpg
45KB, 808x805px
>>386665221
>>386663676

I THOUGHT YOU PKEKS WERE ON OUR TEAM?!
>>
>but that isnt criticism! those are good things imo! i like low enemy variety, the same bosses and lack of progression! its a feature!
>you just want it to be like old zelda games! youre just nostalgic!
>youre just presenting your opinion as objective fact!
>but to ME it was the best game ever because of the EXPERIENCE. it wasnt the gameplay or story, but just because after thinking " can i go there" i could! what you call walking i call exploring and adventure!
>but the first was light on story too, im just going to ignore that it was on nes and had more story than other nes games at the time
>youre just being contrarian!
>>
>>386665418
Hell no, even if it did it was so minimal I don't even remember it. Meanwhile I remember using the mirror in alttp
>>
>>386665323
>rightly criticised
Lol just stop.
>>
File: 1425678504082.png (178KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
1425678504082.png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>386665221
>GOAT tier side quests like Witcher
>Every main quest gives you a yellow objective marker
>Every main quest gives you a yellow objective marker
>Witcher 3s build system alone offers far more depth than anything found in Zelda from a mechanical perspective
>Where's the replay value?
>>
>>386665221
No side quests have markers on the map at all. Have you even touched the game
>>
>>386665569

i'm getting the last word and the last word is no. you don't get the last word when your critical thinking is this poor.

no
>>
File: Ahahahahaha faggot.jpg (30KB, 367x451px) Image search: [Google]
Ahahahahaha faggot.jpg
30KB, 367x451px
>>386665646
Sorry, but you were wrong from the outset. You don't get to decide though might makes right.
>>
>>386665540

I feel like people said similar things about No Man's Sky. I bet that shit would've been rated 100% if it was exactly the same gameplay but it had the Star Fox name.
>>
>>386665221
This isn't simplifying that much though. A large majority of TW3's quests are completed by following the red line, talking to people then following another red line and fighting a monster. They're saved by the story and the fact that your choices actually impact the outcome, but it's nothing like the shrine puzles. The map markers in TW3 99% of the time point to the exact location you need to go, while in BotW they're often absent or just shows where you hand the quest. The main quests are like 3 all in all, and the memories have no map markers (although the painter dude gives you pretty straight forwards hints if you choose to use him). The fighting is debatable, but I prefer BotW. You can gale upwards to shoot arrows in slow motion, pick up objects to drop on enemies, as well as standard things you can do in TW3 as well like freezing them, setting them on fire etc. In TW3 there's no positional aspect of the combat, vs humans you simply parry and strike, against monsters you Quen and trade hits. Again though, this is debatable. TW3's quests being interesting narratively but straight forward gameplay-wise isn't, aside from a few outlier quests.
>>
>>386665472

>only one quest is marked

You're outright lying.

"Go defeat Ganon" - marked
"Go to the lab in Hateno village" - marked
"Each divine beast quest" - marked
"Go to kakarito village" - marked

There's many others but those alone debunk your outright lie
>>
>>386665540
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>386665050
>empty open world
As opposed to the luscious overworld of the original Zelda? In the end they've both got content. And they're pretty similar in how you can run past stuff all while there are secrets everywhere that lead to caves that leads to heart pieces.

Zelda 1 had more dungeons yes. But as much shit as they get BotW didn't lack dungeons either. It had 4 divine beasts and Hyrule Castle. And don't go telling me that the dungeons of Zelda 1 were better than that. They were fine challenges for the type of game that it was, yes. And I actually like and respect the dungeons more than a lot of dungeons in later Zelda games that were less on point. But the dungeons of Zelda 1 were just brawl corridors with minor secrets in them. Which is in fact incredibly similar to Hyrule Castle of BotW.

And Breath of the World does have bosses. Both in dungeons as well as overworld bosses. Could it have been better? Yes. No doubt. But both games have bosses. And the bosses of the original game could have no doubt been improved too mind you. You really shouldn't give the game a complete pass just for nostalgia's sake, though I still love the bosses. Well, almost all of them anyway.
>>
>>386665727
You are referring to the side quests. There only one is marked
>>
>>386663676
>>>>>>>procedurally generated world
?
>>
>>386665734
who do you think smartass
>>
>>386665643
>specifically say main quest
>"dude side quests"

And even then, some side quests do have markers you liar.

>>386665591

>thinks this in anyway constitutes as an argument

Didn't think so
>>
File: makes one ponder.png (261KB, 523x495px) Image search: [Google]
makes one ponder.png
261KB, 523x495px
>>386662224
>Nintendo makes more of the same
>wow so original cant believe fans eat this shit up
>Nintendo makes new ip
>wow look at this shovelware trash garbage fucking dead company
>>
>>386665880
>some side quests
Yes one. One. Unless I missed the other one.
>>
>>386665727
not him, but the "defeat ganon" and divine beast markers are very inaccurate, they just lead you to the general area. Also, the markers can be turned off. Also, all of those aside from "defeat ganon" are optional for beating the game.
>>
>>386665727
Those are mainline story quests
>>
>>386665880
But you literally said side quests and not main quests. Stop backpedalling and man up
>>
File: 1499810342317.jpg (111KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1499810342317.jpg
111KB, 700x913px
>>386665880
>my mindless babbling is an argument
>but you quoting my utter retardation isn't an argument

Ok bro, just gonna post this image and walk out of your autism fest of a thread.
>>
>>386665880
>>specifically say main quest
You were talking about side quests retard
>>386665221
>Meanwhile BotW's side quests usually have nonsense stories, but are completed by actually exploring the lands
>You mean with the big yellow objective marker on the mini map?
>>
>>386665880
>specifically says main quests
Where?
>. Meanwhile BotW's side quests usually have nonsense stories, but are completed by actually exploring the lands

>You mean with the big yellow objective marker on the mini map?

Where does it say main quest??
>>
>>386665705

No
>>
>>386665783
The dungeons of zelda 1 were a thousand times better than that trash anon, you're a fucking moron if you think the "4 divine beasts" are fucking ANYTHING, they're barely even content, zelda 1 has a stack of fleshed out dungeons, each with different themes, assets, abilities, puzzles. It's not just "oh use the same 4 abilities you've been using since the plateau to get past the entire game" like botw, you can't compare a game with a logical sense of progression like that with a generic botw/skyrim "do whatever the fuck you want, nothing really matters anyway" open world grind simulator.
>>
>>386665717

>This isn't simplifying that much though

It 100% is.

>A large majority of TW3's quests are completed by following the red line,

And a large majority of Zeldas quests are completed by walking on ground, fighting some multi-colored mokoblin and then getting a "Quest complete" screen.

>but it's nothing like the shrine puzles.

You're absolutely delusional if you think some 5 minute long "move this block" puzzle is as good as even the worst Witcher 3 side quest.

>The main quests are like 3 all in all, and the memories

And what are the memories?

Your whole argument lies on "Side quests can have the worst content imaginable but if they don't tell you where to go they are automatically good".

Just look at your "memories" example. What the fuck are they? Finding a location and then pressing the action button? That's legit not even a simplification, that's all you do. You do that, get some short ass cutscene and your own your way.

How can you even attempt to compare that to the Bloody Barron, Tower of Mice, Carnal Sins or fucking ANY quest in the Witcher 3?

> The fighting is debatable, but I prefer BotW

When the fighting (which is pretty much the crux of Zelda games outside of puzzle solving), is only "on par" with a narrative driven game, then that says it all really.

>In TW3 there's no positional aspect of the combat,

Lies.

Yrden traps to freeze enemies in place and bomb them. Directing your enemy towards fog areas to spam Igni and burn them, directing your enemies towards cliffs to knock them off or towards barrels to blow them up.

>TW3's quests being interesting narratively but straight forward gameplay-wise isn't, aside from a few outlier quests.

That would be a good argument, if Zeldas quests weren't also straight forward gameplay wise with the added caveat of the writing/characters/story being complete dogshit.
>>
>>386652529
So you agree that it's one of the best games ever made? good to know.
>>
>>386665804
>>386665943

Why are you guys intentionally acting like he didn't specify "main quests" in his post?

See: >>386665221

>" Every main quest gives you a yellow objective"
>"Main quest"
>>
>>386666329
>different puzzles
>themes
What
>>
>>386666013
>>386666126
>>386666152

>" Every main quest gives you a yellow objective"
>"Main quest"

Quote where I explicitly said "side quests have objective markers". I ltierally specified "main quests".
>>
>>386665472
actually each and every side quest is marked if you set it as your main quest
>>
>>386666442
Because he responded to someone talking about the side quests
>>
>>386666442
>he
Nice try, but now you are comparing side quests of one game to main quests of another. Good job backpedalling though
>>
File: ludo.png (91KB, 698x228px) Image search: [Google]
ludo.png
91KB, 698x228px
>>386666026

Here, take this with you

>Witcher 3 has more GoTYs than every Zelda game combined
>Witcher 3 has more sales than every mainline Zelda game combined

Game of the Generation
>>
>>386666329
>The dungeons of zelda 1 were a thousand times better than that trash anon

What the fuck? How can faggots be that deluded?
>>
>>386666513
Then your argument is literally moot as he was comparing the side quests of both games
>>
>>386665549
Minimal my ass. You didn't play the game or only played it once. All items were used multiple times. The optional magic armor is the only item you don't use or have any use for. Same for the Pirate's Charm.
>>
>>386666559
>>386666541

He specified Main quest. You were wrong.

Stay mad
>>
>>386666584
>bringing metacritic into this

You want to get embarrased kiddo?
>>
>>386666442
>>386666513
You were talking about the fucking side quests dumbass. Bringing up the main quests is you attempting, and failing, to move the goalposts in your favor.
>>
>>386666590
>>386666329
>he never played it
What a surprise, from a botwchild.
Bust out your daddy's nes children.
>>
>>386666646
Yes I played it once. What would a second playthrough change?
>>
>>386666329
>zelda 1 dungeons
>themes
>puzzles
???
>>
>>386666657
Then why respond to the guy talking abut side quests?
>>
>>386666721
I literally just emulated it a week ago because I enjoyed it despite how simple the dungeons are
>>
>>386666471
>>386666590
I'll give him that one in that each dungeon had a different color at least. A game in 2017 can't even change the color of the 'dungeons'.
>>
>>386666646
>wind waker's items

kek kill yourself faggot
>>
File: this kills them.jpg (3MB, 5802x2570px) Image search: [Google]
this kills them.jpg
3MB, 5802x2570px
>>386666670

>"i'm leaving the thread now"
>Gets BTFO
>"o-o-one more post, then i'll go, p-p-p-promise!"

Sure, go get me the paid review scores that are vastly different from the user scores that has Zelda scoring lower than even fucking Skyrim (hahahahaha)

Take this with you as well
>>
>>386666329
>zelda 1 has a stack of fleshed out dungeons, each with different themes, assets, abilities, puzzles.
What?
Are you being serious here? The puzzles on their own were the same in each dungeon.
>>
>>386665896
Nintendo sucks no matter what they make, deal with it.
>>
>>386666739
So you'll know your claim was wrong.
But the thread's dying anyway so it's a moot point.
>>
>>386666838
>user scores matter now
Wowee those consolewarriors sure showed me
>>
>>386666809
Bullshit, you wouldn't even be able to find the first dungeon kid.
>>
>>386666691

You were wrong kiddo, stay mad

>>386666786

Because the topic was quests in general, the other guy specified side quests and he specified main quests.

He also responded to him first, not the other way around, so if anything, the guy bringing up side quests "attempted to move goalposts"
>>
>>386666721
dungeons in zelda 1 are literally simplistic as fuck you nigger. take off your nostalgia googles. the divine beasts destroy them in terms of level design.
>>
>>386666928
>implying navigation is hard in Zelda 1
Not everyone is mentally challenged like you anon kun
>>
>>386666838
>>386666584
Did you even see some of the zero score reviews? "i hate Nintendo", " HZD is better", "I never played it but I don't like zelda", etc.
>>
>>386666194
Yes.
>>
>>386666329
>zelda 1 has a stack of fleshed out dungeons, each with different themes, assets, abilities, puzzles.
No it doesn't. It doesn't have any of this at all.
Brawl corridors really does describe the dungeons rather well. And to be frank that works rather well for a game like Zelda 1 because by the end of the day Zelda 1 is still in large part a basic action game. So action dungeons are good. But that was all that they were.

If anything if we're talking about being fleshed out, having different themes, assets, abilities, and puzzles. The Divine Beasts of Breath of the Wild blows the original dungeons out the water. Where the Divine Beasts of Breath of the Wild fails, is having no damn enemies aside from possibly a floating head or two at one or two spots. A minor guardian at one spot if you're really lucky. And that's crazy. I really don't get why the Divine Beasts didn't have enemies, but I digress.
Hyrule Castle has all of that though. And is a very Zelda 1 type dungeon, as opposed to an Ocarina of Time or Link to the Past type dungeon.
>>
>>386666939
Actually no the topic was side quests, and that's what he replied to. No need to whiteknight him so hard, he ain't letting you suck his cock tonight
Thread posts: 547
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.