[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this considered good? I'm playing it now, and it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 376401-sonic-adventure-2.jpg (239KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
376401-sonic-adventure-2.jpg
239KB, 980x551px
Why is this considered good? I'm playing it now, and it is just so fucking clunky. It has no right being this clunky when it was released in fucking 2001, way after all the really great 3D platformers had been released.

Everything just feels floaty and low budget, and the pacing gets interrupted all the time. It's a similar feeling I get to the 2D games, where you're running around and jumping with no way of knowing what lies ahead, so you're basically just randomly jumping and rolling when you first play a level, which means you're going to constantly stop dead because you hit a wall or an enemy or a stage trap or something.

I don't know, should I take it slow and play it like a regular 3D platformer? Then why would the game be all about speed? It just feels weird, and everyone says this game is the "game that got 3D sonic right" but I think no game really got 3D sonic right ever.
>>
>>386650697
Nostalgia, in truth it's a pretty mediocre game
>>
You described every single sonic game.

They're more about trial-and-error to the point that you're breezing through the entire level at A-rank pace.
>>
File: 1450193245505.jpg (23KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1450193245505.jpg
23KB, 500x342px
>>386650697
SA1 was better
>putting a delay on the gofast button
>>
>>386650867

>You described every single sonic game.

Honestly I feel like that even when playing the 2D games, but I didn't want to say it outright because hordes of people will just go "hurr durr git gud".

I don't know, maybe it's because I was a SNES kid, but Sonic just never felt much fun to play.
>>
>>386650783

That seems to be the case. Most people who try it out later in life seem to realize the obvious flaw these games have: that the platforming level design goes against the core of the gameplay feature which is "going fast".
>>
>>386650697
Sonic Adventure 2 did get 3D Sonic right without needing a boost button.

Right amount of platforming and speed sections.

>so you're basically just randomly jumping and rolling when you first play a level

Are you shitposting? You can play City Escape perfectly fine the first time.

2D is more similar to this than the 3D Sonic games.
>>
>>386652883

Define "perfectly fine".

I can complete all of the levels, without dying, sure. Doesn't mean I'm having fun. What I'm complaining about is that you're just randomly trying to figure out how to keep on smoothly running, which is impossible to know if you're not used to the stage beforehand, so you just come across a bunch of slow downs and awkward seconds of standing around jumping in place and trying to build up speed again.
>>
>>386651142
>>386650867
inb4 300 posts of shitposting
>>
>>386652883
The Sonic and Shadow stages are OK, but there's too few of them and the rest is simple garbage.

IIRC Shadow only has 4 stages.
>>
Id say the game had a lot more charm if you were young at the time of release. Gameplay wise my only complaints are with the tails stages, and specificly his and eggmans. Sonic and shadow both had their share of good stages, I actually like the tresure stages, save for bith death chambers, and eggmans mech stages are a blast minus the desert stage. All of tails mech stages give me cancer.
>>
>>386652883
It's also two-thirds garbage with a shitty story.
>>
>>386650867
/thread
though I preferred cheesing it with the spindash in adventure 1.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.