[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been playing the free trial of Diablo 3 and so far I enjoy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: diablo3.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
diablo3.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I have been playing the free trial of Diablo 3 and so far I enjoy it. I have never played the previous version, is it in your honest opinion worth picking up?

If so, should I also buy the DLC?
>>
Yes best ARPG on the market. The Dr. Pepper of the genre.
>>
it's good for a week and gets stale

$15 for necro is the second worst dlc deal in the history of videogames
>>
There's basically no difference between ARPGs. I won't tell you to not buy Diablo III, but I will say look at other games like Path of Exile or Grim Dawn. You might like those as well
>>
Diablo III is the least rewarding game I've ever played. Story is a mess, the script is painful, there's shit all to explore aside from more monsters and more of the same trash loot and coins.

TitanQuest was more rewarding than this, with caves and challenges and artifacts to combine for epic gear. There was a lot to collect. Torchlight even had at least better mechanics and more interesting abilities. The previous Diablo games had the proper necromancer.

Diablo III is fucking worthless.
>>
>>386649436
I haven't played d3 so I can't compare but if you like arpg I strongly recommend path of exile, it's really good and a lot of people say it's better / on par with Diablo. And it's free.
>>
>>386649436
It's quite alright, and the battle kinematics are probably the best in the genre.

If you haven't played the others, you won't feel the disappointment anyway and the bastardisation of the gothic horror scenery will not hurt you.

Go for it, it's good fun for a while. Reapers is a good expansion, haven't played the Necro DLC.

Other games like Torchlight or Titan Quest have a more novel take on things, but their fighting mechanics feel shite.
>>
>>386651895
>Torchlight
What a waste of potential. Great graphics, interesting classes, huge potential.. but all gone to drain because the game is so fucking easy.

I bet I can complete it with my eyes shut. Not even kidding. You don't even need to see where you click it's ridiculous.
>>
>>386652227
More visual fx =/= Better combat mechanics
>>
>>386649436
Absolutely, I've been playing the new season almost daily. The problem is how the game is structured. Harder difficulties ramp up the health and damage of enemies, so you need cookie cutter builds that stack damage bonuses several times over.
>>
>>386652331
It certainly could have used at least one difficulty leap for sure
>>
>>386649436
>I enjoy this game, should I buy it?
Are you dumb?
>>
>buy the dlc
no, necro isn't worth $15
>buy the expansion
yes, ros is basically required
>>
>>386652439
I miss challenging arpgs like diablo1.. games where I can actually die in.

And that op butcher they throw on you so early in the game when you're still a scrub and get rekt by. 10/10.
>>
>>386652597
the standard game and RoS cost the same, and RoS comes with the standard game so I don't even know why they are sold separately anymore
>>
>>386652495
Have you never played a demo that really got you excited to pick up a new game, just for the demo to have highlighted the 10% of the game that was actually fun with the rest of the game being irredeemable garbage?
>>
It's better on console.
>>
>>386652357
I wasn't mentioning the visual fx, I believe. Torchlight's combat mechanics, and their kinematics are just crap compared to D3.
>>
>>386652762
That's Diablo III, I promise you.
>>
>>386649436
Yes, it's a solid game and the Reaper of Souls expansion is basically required. Your call on the necro dlc.

It's the most polished and easy to play arpg out there. Very good starting point for someone getting into the genre. However, compared to its competition, it lacks end game content and mechanical depth. Still fun though.
>>
>>386652841
Strongly disagreed. You can perform attacks and move in Torchlight.
>>
>>386652762
no

>>386652875
don't listen to this idiot
>>
>>386652692
does ros come with the base game on pc now? I thought that was just console versions, or is the battlechest the same price as base d3 now?
>>
>>386650564
Seriously op fuck poe, it's just a diablo clone with worse droprates so you have to grind for longer
>>
>>386649436
Diablo 3 for easy playability and chill. It's alright. Necromancer DLC is a bit expensive though.
PoE if you're autistic
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.