[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMO's like WoW would be much better if they forced you to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: AHHHHHHHH.jpg (231KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHHHH.jpg
231KB, 1200x1600px
MMO's like WoW would be much better if they forced you to interact with other people, like you are supposed to in an MMO. Agreed? Agreed.
>>
Firmly disagreed, there's nothing wrong with having solo players in your MMO. I think they need to have more public cooperative areas.
>>
>>386645050
>people forced to interact
>just shitpost and be passive aggressive until the others rage-quit
great idea, what MMOs need is for WoW to have already died a decade ago.
>>
>>386645217
>Implying there's no good MMO's
Also nonsense, get over that pessimism it's annoying. There are ways for a game to strike a balance between supporting solo grinders and grouped players. I don't think it's a great idea for your MMO to force anyone to do anything, that's wishful thinking speak for 'restrict player freedoms and limit player choices.'
>>
>>386645540
The last good MMO (Runescape) finally fell prey to WoWization. I dont completely blame WoW, but id like for it to just fuck off.
>>
>>386645757
That's a remarkably narrow opinion you have there young man
>>
>>386646028
No other MMO exists like RS though.
>>
>>386645757
Warhammer Online was entirely group PvP focused, you can't accomplish a lot without the use of other players, go check out the private server for it at returnofreckoning.cok

Star Trek Online and Neverwinter have big public quest zones, no reason more MMO's couldn't do that. Hell, even Wildstar and TOR have a pretty seamless way of transitioning into group play. Is this really a problem in MMO's or have you just been parked on top of the Prgrimmar bank for too long?
>>
>>386646126
The last good MMO is a click to move, auto attackfest about grinding stats primarily. Sure.
>>
>>386646301
Nice non-argument.
>thinking the combat is that shallow
Go watch high-level pvp, or boss fights like god wars.
>>
>>386646402
I'm not very impressed by runescape and I think it's nuts to classify it as the only good MMO, anon. I'm also not very impressed by endgame MMO fights so I'm not sure what you want me to watch there, I just promise I'm having more fun than you doing my daily grind
>>
>>386645217
im just saying that I find the social/comradery aspect of old MMOs more important and fun
>>
>>386646402
Combat is that shallow, I played runescape too. Stab, Crush, Block, then having the right runes to cast spells, that's IT.
>>
>>386645050
MMOs need to be like Lineage 2 before Kamael.
>>
File: 1487859949659.jpg (162KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
1487859949659.jpg
162KB, 600x675px
>>386645050
It's a double-edged sword, really. I don't think anybody wants to sit in town shouting to get a party together to raid, especially in a MMO where the majority of players are absolute garbage and refuse to test themselves or learn (XIV).

Before cross-server party finder came around, trying to pug content was literal hell and entirely dependent on your world, especially if you missed the initial week of the content patch. You'd either keep getting the same retards day in and day out dying to the same mechanics 50 times over or no-one at all.

MMO's do need content that forces people to communicate beyond 'do this do that', I agree, but they also need to facilitate the ways in which you can communicate. If that makes sense.
>>
File: shinji.jpg (12KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
12KB, 639x479px
>>386645540
>'restrict player freedoms and limit player choices.'
The freest, least restrictive video game is not playing a game at all.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.