[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The year is 2008 >Hop on the Xbox 360 >Have the whole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

>The year is 2008
>Hop on the Xbox 360
>Have the whole day free
>Just want to hop into matchmaking, find a few guys to play with all day, and hang out
>First game doesn't go well, but in the second game you find two or three guys you want to stick around.
>"Hey guys, wanna make a party?"
>Party forms
>You hang out with them all day
>Add each other as friends
>Keep playing for about a week before you move on to new games or something
>Repeat process for months.
>Make countless friends on Xbox Live this way.

>The year is 2017
>This shit just doesn't happen anymore

What the fuck happened?

I'll admit, I play on PC now, but it just seems like I can't hop into a game and find friends to hang out with anymore. Even MMOs are suddenly more solo than they ever were back then.

The only game that even remotely comes close to my old Halo 3 days is CS:GO.
>>
xbox is shit kill yourself frat boy
>>
xbox is shit kill yourself frat boy
>>
why don't you just kill yourself and be reincarnated for more epic console experiences in high school then faggot
>>
>>386643404
Because it's not worth going through highschool again.
>>
>>386643017
Most people as well as games focus on the competitive aspect instead of casually playing with friends or looking for friends. Team fortress 2 was kind of the last hanging on games where you’d do stuff like that. It’s sad that there’s no such thing as a halo 3 nowadays anymore, and if there is, its not popular enough to compete with CS:GO, Overwatch, PUBG, etc.
>>
>can't hop into a game and find friends

Thats because nobody plays games on PC
>>
>>386644154
The question then becomes: Why?

Seriously, why the hell are even MMOs abandoning friendly cooperation and actual fun?
>>
>>386643017
I know your feels dude
>back when gta5 was the hot new shit
>play assassins creed brotherhood or revelations multiplayer I don't remember anymore
>meet some other German guy in a lobby
>we talk and have fun times since we are the only guys with headsets in that lobby
>dude asks me to party
>ask me if I wanna play some gta online
>we proceed to just do some random map activities like not even missions
>go play golf together
>hang out with bmx bikes at the skate park and have fun in the half pipe
>go to cinema and watch a movie
>get wasted in the strip club
I guess that was the best time I've actually ever had in gta online
If the game focused a little more on the social aspect of multiplayer it would be really good I guess
>>
>>386643017
>hop onto Destiny
>do literally any activity
>eventually someone will invite you to play with them
>join them and kick ass together
>?????
>profit
>>
>>386644789
Do you think Destiny 2 on PC will work the same way?
>>
>>386644789
>Destiny
Stopped reading right there.
The game is an absolute grind simulator and isn't fun at all. They probably invited you so you could be a reason to not kill themselves from boredom.
>>
>>386644510
I guess it’s because the games with competitive as a main goal are tricking the player in thinking they are getting somewhere. After a couple of matches you get a medal and the game basically says “keep playing competitively and super serious and you might get a better medal”, when they’ll actually just waste time. Playing games in general is ‘wasting time’ but these games make you take that time very seriously.

Honestly i miss Halo 3 custom games the most. Trash compactor, fat kid, the maze where you have to unlock doors with friends, forging something with friends, or just a map out of interesting in game tools and mechanics after you discovered how to ghost merge, etc.
>>
>>386643017
I was playing Halo 3 Just yesterday, on the 360. Hardly any players, loads of hackers and no one had a sense of humour.

If you play the MC collection it's still good, at least it was a year ago
>>
File: image.png (12KB, 677x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
12KB, 677x544px
>>386643017
I know what you mean, back in 2007 i played Tekken 5:DRO on my PS3 and it was the first and BEST online community that Tekken ever had. We all knew each other and we all used to chat on headset, we all addedd each other, and i know some of those guys to this day, but it ended there. Nobody comes together like thst anymore for late night rooms and NOBODY is playing with chat.
>>
>>386648230
MCC had a lot of connectivity/party creation issues for me. Also, it lacked all of the maps that were created in forge sadly.
>>
This happens all the time when I played coh2 and now when I play overwatch.
>>
>>386643017
You just have to find a game with the population to support that kind of thing. It works in CS:GO simply because there's like 300K people that play CS:GO at any given time.

Games that is also works on:

>WoW
>Elder Scrolls Online
>Overwatch
>Dota 2
>MineCraft
>Warframe
>Any recent Battlefield
>>
Gaming was still just a nerd hobby by that point
Now it's a serious business and includes literally everyone and the community has gone from "Hey guys lets have fun" to absolute toxicity
>>
File: IMG_8177.jpg (21KB, 426x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8177.jpg
21KB, 426x314px
Made a thread about this issue as well

Used to play Halo 3 a lot and made new friends without any true problem. Nowadays I rarely see people talk shit over the Rocket League chat. It's really sad when I'm literally the only person on a mic while playing BO 3 and even when you do hear people, they're extremely toxic to other people.
>>
>>386643229
>>386643170
dont tell me you owned a ps3 in 2008... even weebs were getting 360s then for vesperia, ninja gaiden and shit
>>
I met some nice dudes on Total war.
>>
>>386651662
The 360 was shit when it first launched, and I did buy a PS3 in 08 for MGS4. Have no regrets
>>
You know that SJW word "toxic"? It's a real thing. Shitheads dotted throughout games these days create an atmosphere of loathing and aggression. So the old crowd either disconnect socially or move on entirely, and all you're left with are screaming children and turbocunts, abusing glitches and teabagging everything.
>>
>you grew up
>you don't identify with certain communities like you used to
>the game isn't as interesting as it once was

It's not your fault OP. It's happened, happening, or will happen to everyone. Sadly, you're just not the person you were ten years ago. Maybe you're not as willing to talk when you hear people on the mic and you can just sort of "tell" you wouldn't want to be friends with them. Maybe people hear you and think the same thing. That stuff still happens, but I notice it in younger groups. Fairly recently I hopped into a group on GTA and I was by far the oldest person there, even though I'm only 27. Then when they did want to play, I had to go to work. They kept asking me, but having a full time job means I'm busy on the weekdays. My own experience and intuition just makes me feel like I'm "too old" to look at making friends that way now.
>>
>>386643017
>Go online
>Play Search and Destroy in CoD just to trash talk
>Find another guys who speak spanish
>Form a party
>Find next game and start trashing on the gringos
I miss the old days.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.