[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games with graphics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1496788531769.png (766KB, 851x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1496788531769.png
766KB, 851x1164px
>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games with graphics worse than games from 2007
>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games with gamebreaking bugs on launch
>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games with no campaign and multiplayer with only a few good maps and no forge mode for sixty dollars or more
>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games with with the protag constantly telling you what you're supposed to feel at that moment
>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games with long stretches of "gameplay" that is your character forcefully being slowed so that they can have in-game exposition instead of a cutscene
>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games with a focus on "narrative" that boils down to a cliche'd b-movie mess with pretensions of artistry instead of focusing on the gameplay
>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games with an in-game earned currency system that restricts equipment and functions within the game AND comes with the option to purchase that currency with real money
>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games after having advertised a level of technical and graphical finesse during trailers and "demos" with the final product being a tremendous technological and visual downgrade without facing fraud and false advertising charges
>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games in a franchise that remove core gameplay features from previous iterations

>"But AAA games suck I just ignore them!"
You are literally killing mainstream game development by being indifferent and complacent to their deterioration
>>
>>386641395
You didn't like BOTW, huh?
>>
File: DEz9fEoUwAA1lGO.png (2MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DEz9fEoUwAA1lGO.png
2MB, 1200x1200px
>>386641513
Oh I liked parts of it
>>
>>386641395
>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games with graphics worse than games from 2007
Aesthetics that match with the gameplay and themes matter way more than graphical fidelity.

Everything else is basically consumers having shit taste or just being plain old retarded. I basically only support AA and the occasional indie now. I might rarely support AAA if they fulfill certain conditions, like actually being a complete experience out of the box.
>>
>>386642008
Faggot>>386642723
>>
>>386642814
Go whine about how you can't fap to Aloy.
>>
>>386642723
Fuck the graphics, the real unbelievable thing is that
>It's acceptable to release AAA games with less than a constant 60fps.
The fucking NES could do this. Why is this tolerated?
>>
>>386641395
>You are literally killing mainstream game development by being indifferent and complacent to their deterioration
>mainstream gaming
Not my problem.
>>
Simple solution - criticise what you don't like and don't pre-order/buy titles that are solely made to turn a profit.
>>
>>386643739
idk about fps as long as it is above 30. Its when there is input delay that I drop a game. Witcher 3 on release ps4 has about 4 seconds of it. fuck no.
>>
>>386643739
Zelda has never prioritized framerate unfortunately. Not even the HD remakes.
>>
>>386641395
So you complain that AAA games suck
And you don't want us to ignore them

What do you want us to do then? Buy them anyway?
>>
>>386641395
>it is completely acceptable to release AAA games with long stretches of "gameplay" that is your character forcefully being slowed so that they can have in-game exposition instead of a cutscene
Would a loading screen be better?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.