[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One year later, what's the consensus on this game? I saw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: 376645-doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
376645-doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
One year later, what's the consensus on this game?
I saw a lot of positivity at launch, almost to DXHR leak levels, aside from some purists.
Does that still hold true?
What do you want for the future of Doom?
>>
>>386638923
Still a solid game. Had a lot of fun. I'd love to see more of it but I'm too cynical to think they could catch lightning in a bottle again.
>>
I enjoyed it big time.
Very refreshing to have a good sp FPS campaign.
Future doom should give me more lore.
And more weapons.
>>
>do everything they did with the base campaign again, add new weapons, make less "kill all the things to progress areas"

>but VASTLY increase the amount of enemies that appear both in campaign and in customs/snapmap
>>
Got it for dirt chip, played it through, hated it.

It's easily one of the most overrated, overshilled, plain out lied-about games to come out this gen. Terrible shitstain casual console trash that jams in tons of unnecessary features for "muh modern wider audiences", all while omitting proper modding tools so that fanbase could fix it. Just so that they could sell more of the inevitable sequels.

This shit ain't Doom.

>What do you want for the future of Doom?
PC exclusivity and getting rid of Bethesda & Zenimax could be a good start.
>>
>>386638923
My only complains are:
>Too short
>Too few enemies per level
>Closed arenas
>The latests levels are uninspired
Except for that is a really good game. Movement is nice, weapons are amazing (the fact that the upgrades basically change the majority of weapons' functionality is pretty dope) and the enemies are great.
I hope we get a sequel.
>>
Liked it, gameplay was fast and tight, would recommend

Music was ass tho
>>
>>386638923
As a relatively young fag, it was my first venture into Doom and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to see what comes next.
>>
>>386641136
>Music was ass tho

Shit motherfucking tastes.
>>
>>386638923
Best game of the year easily.

Just beat it on nightmare again yesterday.
>>
>>386638923
I got bored of it about half way through, it started off very promising but then got really repetitive.

I hated how they in the very beginning pretty much gave middle finger to story exposition but then later on started to enforce it on the player with unskippable storydumps.
>>
>>386642412
>unskippable storydumps

There's like a total of 2 or 3 moments in the entire game where you have to stop to listen to dialogue.
>>
>>386642521
Yeah and that was too much. I fucking hated them.

BLAA BLAA BLAA HELL ENERGY
>>
>>386642579
You have an extremely low attention span then, because those 2 or 3 moments are 2 minutes tops each.
>>
>>386642639
>2 minutes tops each.

Not even that.
>>
>>386642639
Nah, at that point I was starting to get bored of the game. It started to follow up a formula of entering an arena and beating the same encounter over and over again using the same guns I've been upgrading.

The story bits were just the last nails of the coffin. I just wanted to progress as fast as possible but the game wouldn't let me because for some fucked up reason the devs thought the story was interesting enough that they needed to force it the players.
>>
>>386642834
>for some fucked up reason the devs thought the story was interesting enough that they needed to force it the players.

I can't imagine how you deal with any games then because DOOM was the least story heavy, completely gameplay focused AAA shooter we've had in almost a decade.
>>
>>386642953
I don't play really play AAA games, especially not western ones with stories written by failed hollywood writers who think their genius must be witnessed by shoving their shitty writing down the player's throat.
>>
>>386643083
>especially not western ones with stories written by failed hollywood writers who think their genius must be witnessed by shoving their shitty writing down the player's throat.

You're completely out of touch if you think DOOM has any semblence of what you described.
>>
>>386643149
They could've made the story bits skippable like in any good game, they chose not to.
>>
>>386643269
Sure they could have, but I don't think they needed to considering less than 1 percent of players have an attention span low enough that they can't sit through 45 seconds of dialogue in a 6 to 8 hour game.
>>
>>386638923
I fucking love this game, just picked it up not too long ago and it was only 20 bucks.
It came at a time when most games were heavily involved with story and movie-esque. I like the focus on gameplay, I had tons of fun with it.
>>
>>386641863
>wub wub industrial metal is somehow better than Pantera and Alice in Chains
>>
I'm really enjoying it but it would be so much better with strafe jumping and other such shit. It just feels like it would benefit from it.
>>
>>386638923
People only praise because of the context in which it was released. They haven't seen a good singleplayer FPS for so long they forgot about those that were. Sure it's better than Battlefield or COD, but then again, that's not much of an accomplishment.
>>
>>386643384
Like I said, I was just irritated how the game gave you an illusion that it was going to skip all that nonsense. At that point I was really getting bored of the repetitive nature of the game and the unskippable story bits were just a last coffin. I couldn't care less.

I was fun for 4 hours but after that the game had shown all its cards and were just recycling itself.
>>
>>386642412
>>386642834
try playing on a difficulty level above normal
>>
A solid 7/10 game. I enjoyed it very much.
There are still some flaws
>too short, like 7 hours
>too easy. Only the last level that's challenging
>too focused to make most encounters in arenas
>Glory kills is almost mandatory instead of being optional. There's no reason to not using glory kills
>multiplayer is shit
>>
>>386643969
please tell me youve completed the game on nightmare before you complain about it being too easy.
>>
Doom gave me some hardcore frag-blueballs. Every time I started to get way into it, I'd end up clearing the arena, they should have had more enemies.
>>
>>386638923
Solid game only people who complained abouy it was the nostalgiafags they were just expected same exact game from BC. 500
>>
>>386644295
I finished it on Ultra Violence, I think. I assume that Nightmare is just a bullshit difficulty but I might be wrong. Maybe I will reconsider to reinstall it but it's fucking 60 gb.
>>
>>386644565
theres reason to not use glory kills when everything kills you in 2-3 (if a normal weak enemy) to 1 (everything else) hits.
>>
>>386644749
So it's a bullshit difficulty right
>>
>>386644295
It is too easy on Nightmare. The only actual challenge is the artificially-difficult Ultra Nightmare.
>>
>>386644421
Yeah this is a legitimate complaint.
Fights end so fast.
>>
I'm gonna exploit hell for their resources and make the demons pay for it.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.