[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first everyone hated DLC, now it's common place >day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1492485035987.jpg (79KB, 1000x488px) Image search: [Google]
1492485035987.jpg
79KB, 1000x488px
>first everyone hated DLC, now it's common place
>day one patches are basically standard
>season passes push the prices of new games to almost $100
>single player games started using microtransactions
>all major consoles now have paid online
>early access
>visuals more important than framerate on consoles
>PC ports still barely optimized

Why did we let this happen?
>>
you didnt let anything happen, the vast majority of people dont give a shit about any of that crap and will buy things with zero thought.
>>
>>386636967
>>PC ports still barely optimized
This isn't true if you're talking about vaguely well known games (https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1050-Desktop.181033.0.html)

>first everyone hated DLC, now it's common place
>season passes push the prices of new games to almost $100

You can get around this by just waiting half a year and getting it on sale.
>>
>>386636967
Who cares, do what you want cause a pirate is free.
>>
>they used to sell expansion packs for over half the cost of the original game, often several.
>patches used to be rare and often broken games remained broken, if a patch was available it came on a cd and you had to pay for a gaming magazine to get it.
>new games for old systems used to be insanely expensive and never came down in price.
>games used to not get updates for online or simply had no online because it cost them money they wouldn't make back.
>overhyped releases with unrealistic claims used to unleashed on the market and you had to gamble on day one releases even being remotely close to pre-release claims.
>visuals are more important because fuck all people buy a game simply for having great fps.
>PC ports are ports. Console ports of pc games were also terrible
I'm old, fuck you
>>
>>386637018
/thread/
>>
>>386637303
This. Vidya game market always jewed us from the beginning.
>>
File: No_Man's_Sky.jpg (37KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
No_Man's_Sky.jpg
37KB, 350x350px
>>386637303
>>overhyped releases with unrealistic claims used to unleashed on the market and you had to gamble on day one releases even being remotely close to pre-release claims.
>>
nobody will read me because I'm not one of the first three replies and it's not meme/bait reply, but here I go
day 1 patches aren't "evil" per se. once the game reached the deadline, what should the devs do? go in vacations and wait? why not work more on the game, fixing bugs they didn't catch or have time to fix?
it's only when they ship the game as broken willingly and finish their games via a patch that it is bad.
>>
>>386636967
Cause fucking morons buy it. You'd think people would band together and boycott it till the company release it for free. But NO. They're morons with no self-control whatsofuckingever.
>>
>>386636967
I've never bought a single DLC in my entire life. I either find a way to get them for free, wait for the GOTY version or I just rage alone in my corner.
Some people are still resisting lad.
>>
>>386639534
This is me.
>>
>>386636967

Because you have no impulse control.
>>
>>386639176
Aye.

I get why some can see day 1 patches as a bad thing, since some devs do put out unfinished games on release. But I would wager that most of them are just tying up loose ends with bugs or glitches found by a few of the thousands to millions of day 1 players that were missed by the much smaller team of beta testers. If anything, I'd applaud game devs that are still on the clock and ready to fix a few bugs hours after release.

Now, day 1 DLC is where things start to go wrong..
>>
>>386639587
We're not so many brother.
I remember back in the days when people were shitting on DLC. Now you can see here people who are saying they can't wait for X DLC. Pitiful.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.