[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any RPG's where you can build a character around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Are there any RPG's where you can build a character around effectively using items?

Every time I play one, I find myself with a cluttered inventory of shitty items I never bother to use because they don't scale, and magic often times does the same job, but better. The only example I can think of is Jeff from Earthbound, but surely there's some game that lets you build a character around increasing the effectiveness of your potions, or using unequipped weapons or something.
>>
I remember Rikku from FFX had this gimmick where she steals items from an enemy and uses them against said enemy for high damage. She also would use the gil you've earned to put out some serious damage if you're super rich
>>
Alchemy in TES games.
>>
>>386632035
Ninjas and alchemists in FF5
>>
Bravely Default and Second have jobs that are literally built to abuse items only, and they're insanely good to boot.
>>
Ragnarok Online.

The Biochemist class is all about brewing various potions to use them for their skills.

Acid Demonstration is one of the most OP skill in the game and can nuke bosses.
>>
Hate to say it but the paper Mario 3ds comes to mind since that's all the combat is.
>>
>>386632482
Acid Demonstration was such a nigger skill in pvp, but I think there might be better skills with the 3rd jobs out now.
>>
>>386632035
Effective use of consumables in Underrail is the difference between crushing a fight and eating shit. You can take a variety of skills revolving around grenades, traps, and drugs, and they're very useful throughout the entire game.
>>
>>386632035
The Atelier series has the main character basically built around using items, if you can stand the Yurishit.
>>
Morrowind.
>>
>>386633427
I recall healing potions being almost completely useless.
>>
>>386634480

Except when you make a potion that heals you for 6 billion health per second for 5 real time days. (which is possible)
>>
Don't know if you can call it an RPG but Terraria has a lot of potions which are usually a pain to craft, but are greatly useful for many purposes, and also very fun to use.
>>
>>386634480
>Healing potions
Oh sweet child, you have only a fragment of an iota of the potentials of Morrowind alchemy. It can completely break the game. I'm talking literal crashes.
>>
>>386632035
Atelier series is completely devoted to this, as the whole game is about crafting useable items and then using them optimally, it's immensely satisfying to craft the perfect bomb and blow up strong enemies, shit like that.
>>
>>386632035
witcher 1 and 3
not 2 though
>>
>>386632582
it's still op in renewal, at least in MvP tho
>>
you can in new vegas if you count grenades and such as items
>>
>>386632035
Strange Journey. Not like you get a real choice in the matter either.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.