[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else like 95% sure that they're on the edge of giving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 17

File: putin-sad1.jpg (14KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
putin-sad1.jpg
14KB, 350x200px
Anyone else like 95% sure that they're on the edge of giving up playing vidya forever?

I think I'm done bros. This shit just ain't for me anymore. Gaming has become something odd and alien, for a new, younger audience who are very clearly looking for something different in their vidya. Microtransactions, DLC passes, endless fucking rushes and early access retardation. I Mean, I know these things have been a part of gaming since forever, but holy shit, it seems like the past 3 years has been nothing but shit upon ever more shit.

Moreover, people just keep giving devs more money. The vidya industry is booming right now, so there is zero chance any of this bullshit stops anytime soon.

It's just not fun anymore lads.
>>
giving up vidya is like giving up reading books. what’s the point?
>>
>>386629385
Giving up vidya forever? Nah.
However, I do share the sentiment of not understanding gaming nowadays.
I got my backlog so it's all good until I can be bothered getting back into new stuff.
>>
>>386629385
>all my friends play almost exclusively early access garbage that they see their favorite 30,000+ viewer streamers play
it blows my mind, every week they ditch the last early access scam and move onto the next half-finished buggy mess that will never be fully released because the devs already made bank on people like them. right now they're convincing each other to buy Escape From Tarkov and they all bought the $140 edition which doesn't even give you anything exclusive except a special snowflake ID, the rest is shit you can unlock in the game just by playing it.

I don't get it, I really don't. Early access games are such a scam, yet big streamers keep baiting people into playing them, and they don't even bother playing finished games. I thought people like this were just strawmen made up by /v/, but then I met a bunch of them and they're so abundant. If Lirik or DrDisrespect didn't play it on stream and it's not some early access scam, they probably never even heard of it.
>>
>>386629503
This. This is something you enjoy since you're a kid, there will always be one or two titles that will get you interested again.
>>
>>386629770
That's another thing I forgot to mention in the OP. Fucking streamers. I understand watching talented people run games (I.e speedrunners, pro's at legit competitive games). But what the fuck is with streaming 'culture'? Seriously, I honestly don't get it, why do people enjoy watching mediocre and obnoxious people play vidya badly?
>>
>>386630010
i mean, it's just another form of entertainment akin to watching a TV show except it's a guy playing video games.
the problem is, all the popular ones aren't entertaining. they're boring, ordinary (as in nothing unique about them), often terribly incompetent, arrogant shitheads who are bad at video games. I really can't wrap my head around how people like Lirik or Sodapoppin are as popular as they are. They're so fucking boring and terrible at everything they play.
>>
There are still gems here and there

Did you give up watching movies because most of it is blockbuster trash made for people with under 50 IQ?
>>
File: 3502056.png (136KB, 400x271px) Image search: [Google]
3502056.png
136KB, 400x271px
>>386629385
I'm slowly giving up on multiplayer modes in games. I just want to play the campaign/story and go on my normie business.
>>
>>386629385
i do agree that its a lot more digging for gold nowadays, that or revisiting old classics.
(currently waiting for war of the chosen for xcom 2)

what games did you use to like? maybe there are some hidden gems you have not found yet that are similar?
>>
>>386629385
Get a PS4 and have fun with games again.
>>
>>386629385
If you still want games to play every now and then, stuff like Abzu, Journey and Firewatch are always pretty refreshing for a change. You could just stop and do something meaningful with your life though.
>>
Sometimes I see something and it makes me just feel like shit for even bothering with games. This new wave of deck builder games with cards looks disgusting and like a way to gouge customers into new pish
>>
Well I just keep replaying old games and from time to time some release that really itches me to play but well I'm mostly playing rpg and sandboxy stuff so every game has more than enough replay value. I couldn't even imagine spending money on something like cod in which I'd have seen everything after 5 hours of gameplay
>>
>>386630475
The last game I unironically enjoyed from start to finish was Undertale dear god im so sorry /v/ and that was a fucking long time ago. Played LISA and it was neat, but not great. My favorite series in MGS. So that becoming ruined by the shitshow that was 5 was fun.

It just seems like every fucking game is the same. It's either a "competitive" multiplayer FPS/MOBA where 12 year olds who think gaming will be their career scream NIGGER CANCER KILL YOURSELF NIGGER over and over - or some sort of crafting survival bullshit - Or of course, the 2deep4u indie platformer.
>>
>>386629385
yeah i went through this phase about 4 years ago. i stopped buying games on day 1 and quit most ofl the online shooty looty shit. i don't buy games on day 1 anymore and just wait for aio editions. if you keep buying games on day 1 you're just setting yourself up for disaster.

i didn't buy dishonored 2 until 3 months after it came out. it ran fine for me and i had a blast because it had been patched up.
i didn't buy deus ex MD until 5 months after it came out, ran great, and had a good time because it was all patched up.
even walking simulators i have fun with because i dont go near them until they're more than 60% off. becoming a cheap gamer revitalized my interest in games.
>>
>>386629385
Nah, still having fun
Find better games, take a break, stop going to /v/ because this place poisons your mind with nothing to offer
>>
>>386630612
Journey is the worst piece of hipster trash I've ever played.
>>
>>386629385
I've been checking out more of these flavor of the month type games. Dead Cells, EverSpace, things like that. I've found that most big AAA titles are getting so boiled down and focus group tested that they lack real originality. Its all melding into one, and its bland, monotonous. Though all these smaller titles are lacking length and complexity.
Vidya doesn't feel the same any more. The only thing I've been able to play for extended periods is Wipeout Pulse on the PSP. I just can't get emotionally invested in anything new.

>>386629503
>giving up vidya is like giving up reading books
I can't agree with that sentiment. Books are a far more pure medium, far more potential, far less limitations.
>>
>>386629385
No.

Old games can always be enjoyed, and there's always the occasional new game that gets me excited (and actually delivers).
>>
>>386629385
No, I feel like there's more vidya to play for me than it ever was before. Having a stable job with free time helps you to appreciate some of the game models that you haven't liked before, like mobas. This doesn't mean that I would prefer playing moba over something else, if given a choice, but now I can see the appeal.
>>
>>386629385
Pretty much
>>
I stopped playing all other genres except racing sims and fighting games.

Both are great time sinkers that aren't as expensive as buying yearly releases.

Also I'd like to add that a wheel and a stick are not necessary.
>>
I feel kinda left out at times cause my friends all jump into these crafting survival games. They've always got a steep jump in price and even then if I go be normie outside I'll come back to them with all the resources and big massive bases built and I just lose all interest
>>
>>386629385
I just distance myself entirely from "gamer" culture, making sure to stay far away from garbage like twitch and reddit. I'm also very selective about what newer games I play, mostly just niche weebshit these days that has little to no risk of being contaminated by those types of people. I think I can understand how you feel on some level and if I had no interest in weebshit I'm positive I would have dropped this hobby years ago. I hate sounding like a hipster, but I truly wish the industry never would have become this popular.
>>
In twenty years gaming will be good screen cap this
>>
>>386629385
You can just not buy new shit. Or did you stop enjoying everything that came prior to this realization?
>>
>>386629385
>it's another 'i don't enjoy vidya hurr durr' thread
>>
>>386630761
use filters dude. all those online dumpster fires just mark them not interested and you never see them again. filter out multiplayer, zombies, suvival, etc. and uncheck show early access on your preferences.
>>
>>386630828
This guy gets it.

Im fotm as fuck, i play a game for a month and get burned out, then move on the the next. What found to help me stay intrested in a game for longer then just a short while was stop reading about the game on forums or /vg/ and just stop reading up on guides and min maxing
>>
My biggest problem is that I already fucking hate Steam and they have a monopoly on the PC. This gen I've been mainly playing on PS4 but Sony are cuntish kikes as well and I refuse to get PS+ so I don't really play multiplayer anymore. If the PS5 and xXx[360]X.B.0.X[360]xXx go digital only or online-activiation only games then I'm probably done with paying for games forever
>>
>>386629385
>waah I don't like vidya anymore
And?
Why do people think /v/ is their personal hugbox?
>>
>>386630989
>fighting games
>don't involve buying expensive yearly releases
In what universe? Seems like every couple of months everyone is talking about the next big fighting game and the last one is left for dead with maybe a few dozen people playing at peak times. It's probably the most expensive genre there is aside from Mobages.
>>
>>386631059
THERE'S MORE TO GAMING THAN AAA GARBAGE? BUT /v/ TOLD ME THAT ALL THAT ISN'T ASSCREED AND LEAGUE OF LEGENDS IS PRETENTIOUS PIXELIZED INDIE TRASH!
>>
>>386629385
If that discourages you you never liked it that much to begin with and probably got in to fit in with a crowd in the first place
>>
>>386630342
I did
>>
>>386631202
Lol What? Dude KoF 98 still has plenty of people playing on fightcade. And hell Tekken Tag 2 was populated all the way till 7. And for me that was on the fucking Xbox.

The most you'll spend is about 60 for the base game and extra for DLC characters that you don't have to get.
>>
I'm 31 and have been playing vidya since I was 5; I had a lot of fun in those 26 years but I'm about to finish my MBA so I won't be playing them nearly as much.

Nothing lasts forever guys; remember the good times and find yourselves a new hobby. A break from vidya might rekindle your love of it.
>>
>>386631336
You're an absolute moron who only skimmed the surface for occasional movie, so you can waste an evening.
>>
>>386630818
This.

Can even work for consoles too. Just troll through your local classified ads and get a general feel of prices for consoles. If a good deal on a console with some games you wanna try comes up buy it, play it, then sell the thing back on the same site you bought it. Gotta be thrifty and patient is all.
>>
File: 1501784135941.jpg (20KB, 582x329px) Image search: [Google]
1501784135941.jpg
20KB, 582x329px
Having 2000 hours in dota and another 2000 hours in LoL has left me empty. I played nothing but mobas since 2012. Last time I enjoyed a videogame was probably when I played mount and blade
>>
>>386629385

I feel the same. I just play old games that I grew up with and mostly don't mind the rest of the shit. Tried to get into CSGO but it's filled with 8 year olds, fruity skins and no one plays custom maps anymore, it's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>386629385
I am playing Baldurs Gate Trilogy right now and it is fun as hell. Before that I played M&M7. Before that it was Betrayal at Antara. What's your point?
>>
>>386629385
>Anyone else like 95% sure that they're on the edge of giving up on everything in life?
ftfys
>>
File: Consider.png (358KB, 719x720px) Image search: [Google]
Consider.png
358KB, 719x720px
>>386629385
LPT: If it aint fun and you keep doing it, it's work. If you're not getting paid for it, stop doing it.

In this case, find a new hobby if vidya isn't getting your jollies off anymore.
>>
>>386630342
The movie industry doesn't ask you to pay for a half finished movie and then begins to create sequals before the first one is even released.

Moreover, the movie industry isn't nearly as homogenized. There is a vibrant and rich independent cinema to explore if you want to, indie gaming has been boiled down to 2deep4u pixel platformers or survival/looty tooty point and shooty

As absolutely broken as the movie business is, the gaming industry outshines it in terms of shamelessness.
>>
>>386631634
>indie gaming has been boiled down to 2deep4u pixel platformers or survival/looty tooty point and shooty
Lmao
I enjoy your misery with you holding ignorant views like this
>>
>>386629385
You're being way too dramatic about this.
>>
File: 1433723035229.gif (2MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1433723035229.gif
2MB, 260x195px
Take a break from v idya for a while, take up a new hobby, go outside, do something else to occupy your time. and most importantly, don't come to /v/. this board ruins the enjoyment of video games.

I've been fishing a lot recently, i'm also considering taking up doing model kits.
>>
>>386629385
There's a few diamonds in the dirt. I stay away from AAA titles mostly, last time I was met with microtransactions was ratchet & clank. That was a disappointing game lengthwise. Just be selective with what you play and don't pick up the garbage everyone shills. I've avoided countless EA titles and have had no regrets.
>>
>>386631727
can't expect any better from a dumb putinposter desu.
>>
>>386631690
I'm not saying there's not a handful of hidden gems, anon. I'm saying that "indie" gaming now is about as "indie" as calling Radiohead or KIngs of Leon "indie music". When did the last truly good and independent game (that wasn't a pixel platformer) come out? weeb shit doesn't count
>>
>>386631502
So stop playing mobas.
>>
Not at all.

In fact, after I've managed to deal with my constant neurosis and learned to enjoy life, I feel just like I used to in my school years -- looking forward to some new games and older titles I've missed back in the day and enjoying the ones I am playing at this moment.

Deal with whatever bothers you in your life, find peace and you can enjoy shit again.
>>
>>386630010
>>386630268
Friend simulation, like ASMR but without cute girls
>>
File: 1396252576125.jpg (1MB, 1764x1575px) Image search: [Google]
1396252576125.jpg
1MB, 1764x1575px
>>386630268
because Lirik and Soda are borderline normal. Their niche is being normal, and when you watch or just leave it on while you're playing games, it's like having your friend over for the sperglords that watch all day and have no friends.

On the opposite end of the streaming spectrum are people like Dr. Disrespect and that dude who dresses up like a fucking robot. That's an autistic form of entertainment in kin to TV, but it's feeding the gaming genre instead of the Game of Thrones and ..... fucking Family Guy shit.

And while i'm on the subject, fucking IRL and Tittty streamers are the cancer holding back twitch. Not financially of course. But it degrades the community
>>
>>386631861
Factorio
There's tons of good indie games, you just have to dig deeper and stop approaching them all with the attitude that they're going to be shit
>>
>>386629385
Nah, but I've mostly resigned myself to the fact that 95% of games coming out now are garbage I won't even pirate, let alone buy.

>>386630352
This, my man. I'm thinking I'm gonna start trying to pass soon.
>>
>>386631861
The pixel platformer era is kinda over. Roguelites is where it's at currently with trendy indie genres.
Personally, I really enjoyed FTL, Sunless Sea, Ronin, Kingdom, OlliOlli, Luftrausers, Long Life the Queen and Shadow Warrior, for example. Most pixelated, but none too deep 4 u platformers.
>>
>>386630352
Pretty much this but I have zero life outside of vidya and shitposting desu.
>>
>>386631878
there is nothing else man. I cant enjoy any other game now.
>>
>>386631634
>indie gaming has been boiled down to 2deep4u pixel platformers or survival/looty tooty point and shooty
Factorio - a freeform puzzle/management game about logistical chains? Rimworld - a space colony simulator with tons of variables? Slime Rancher - a first person rancher tycoon with exploration? Escapists - a top-down arcade about surviving and trying to escape from the jail? Dead Cells - procedurally generated platformer with high emphasis on skill and replayability? Northgard - a 4x about vikings? Cold Waters - a fucking modern sub simulator? Hollow Knight - a good ol' metroidvania clone? Oxygen Not Included - an another colony survival simulator, this time about space management? Chronicon - a diablo-like dungeon crawler? Forts - a highly dynamic game about building a barely working fort and trying to destroy your enemy?
All of these appeared on steam withing the last year time period. All of them are different, and I've only barely touched the surface. I hope you're not going to say that Dead Cells and Hollow Knight are pretentious platformers.
>>
File: 1451037057176.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451037057176.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>>386629385
I have definitely become more jaded than being disgusted in what gaming is currently. I try to expand my horizons and try out other genres of games but it ends up with me playing them and just kind of going through the motions.
>>
>>386629385
This is me with fighting games. I have loved or at least enjoyed most fighting games I have played, but they keep getting dumber and dumber and everything has some pay 100 bucks for the complete edition before the game even proves it is any good. Shit is getting old.
>>
>>386632251
>there is nothing else man. I cant enjoy any other game now.
assuming you're not on a potato you have access to games from
>the entire pc backlog going all the way back to the 80's
>every system up to ps2 minus xbox
>wii, wii u, ds, 3ds, psp
and you're telling me there's not a single game you would rather play than trashy assfaggots you admit you don't like
>>
>>386629385
>make game YOU like
>play it

it wasn't that hard

>I don't know how, my IQ is too low, I'm a consumer sheep...
>>
>>386632265
>Northgard
that looks interesting. Thanks for mentioning it!
>>
>>386632765
>Dedicating 3+ years of your life to producing a shitty game even you can't say is good with a straight face
Autism
>>
My taste has naturally refined to the point only 2-3 games per year get my attention. So i dont even need to quit.
>>
>>386629385

Nah, just get into Dad-Gaming. I pretty much only play simulators like DCS World, Sturmovik or Elite: Dangerous anymore and the occasional select indie game like Binding of Isaac (600 hours played)
>>
>>386629385
I have similar thought as well. I'm getting a bit tire about all the SJW faggtory infestation right now, but then again their poison is not limited to video games only, movies, cartoons, comics...etc almost every sub-culture products are polluted by them, so my conclusion is not I have to give up, it's (them) need to fuck off!
>>
>>386632765
Then perhaps you can us your work.

I used to make a small game by scratch, it's free and no SJW craps.
>>
>>386633673
*show
>>
>>386630905
>Books are a far more pure medium, far more potential, far less limitations

You funny guy
>what are publishers fucking with your book, injecting romantic subplots for example
>what is mass produced books via self publishing
>there are fucking early access books now
>>
I share your sentiment, OP.

I haven't played games for a few years, now. Nearly every game release is made to primarily sell. I don't even have a current gen console because of how inconvenient its become.

In turn, it's made me join amateur game development to learn and make better games. /agdg/ actually has some promising projects going on.
>>
File: Outtrigger ntsc - back.jpg (212KB, 831x650px) Image search: [Google]
Outtrigger ntsc - back.jpg
212KB, 831x650px
OP you are you kind of retarded.

If you don't want to play new games, don't do that. Play old games. Get a fat PS2, a 120GB IDE hard drive from amazon, OSD that shit, and start working your way through the library. Unless you have somehow managed to play EVERY fucking decent PS2 game, which I doubt. Pick up an N64 flash cart, pick up that weird Dreamcast external thing. There are SO MANY games that have already been made and are excellent. I am currently playing Nanobreaker on PS2, Outtrigger on Dreamcast, and Hybrid Heaven on N64. Games I missed back in the day.

I haven't completely given up on new games, I really enjoyed Neir Automata and Resident Evil 7 just this year, and had a blast with D44M and Devil's Third last year.

Of course you won't, you won't try out old stuff or new stuff, youll meme arrow and put /v/ consensus opinions on why any given game is "shit" and not worth your time. The fact is you might just not like games anymore and you can't deal with that. Maybe you should just get over it and embrace where life takes you next instead of posting in this shithole.
>>
>>386631634
>The movie industry doesn't ask you to pay for a half finished movie and then begins to create sequals before the first one is even released.

Yes they do, have you been under a rock the past few years? They pulled this shit with Harry Potter, The Hobbit, Hunger Games, and now they're doing it with Avengers.
>>
>>386630342
I literally did, yes.

Same with books actually, it all becomes the same shit after a while and fishing for diamonds in a sea of shit has little appeal.

At least with vidya sorting the good from the bad is much quicker and good games can last you for much longer than other media.
>>
>>386629385
Nah, you're just looking at the tip of the iceberg. Deep below there's ton of good content to be discovered.
>>
>>386629385
No because I'm an 18-year old gamer who loves multiplayer shooters and is thus indirectly fueling all the shit you hate in the industry. Sorry bro but that's capitalism.
>>
File: 1485039076708.png (277KB, 621x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485039076708.png
277KB, 621x640px
>>386629385
I know that feel but now I'm playing grimoire and loving it
>>
>>386629770
Tarkov is actually a good game, it just suffers from server issues
>>
>>386629385
You just look into the wrong direction...ignore the shit they try to wave before your eyes and look back to a lifetime full of great games that you didn't play.
>>
>>386635006
>being a valuecuck when everything is free
>>
>>386629385
As I got older I stopped being a huge gameplayfag and switched to more story rich games. I just don't have the time anymore to indulge myself in fun games with excellent gameplay anymore. Instead, I look for stuff that can let me escape into a good story. It keeps me sane.
>>
>>386636951
How about you try reading, gramps?
>>
File: 1380748571072.png (18KB, 146x187px) Image search: [Google]
1380748571072.png
18KB, 146x187px
Not even close to giving up video games, but going fucking insane from not being able to talk about them anywhere.
None of my friends fuckin' about this shit the way I do, I guess.
One just sits around during all of his free time playing League.
One just sits around at all times watching fucking YouTube.
And one is never on anymore.

So here I am. Silently playing my game after game alone for the experience of trying them. Never getting to discuss how much Modern Warfare the Assault Horizon devs must have played. Never getting to discuss the beautiful things I've seen in ABZU. Never getting to go on Raids with people I actually fucking know in Destiny's twilight weeks. Never getting to talk about the clever techniques Hellblade uses to make up for it's small budget.

And it's not even like I can come here. Try to discuss any of the above titles and your thread is either going to slip into Page 10 or be shitposted back to the stone age.

I just want to talk about video games. I think they're really neat works of human creativity and engineering.
>>
File: 334.gif (61KB, 200x224px) Image search: [Google]
334.gif
61KB, 200x224px
I just don't buy shit first hand and always buy either on sales or second hand. Fugg dlc.
>>
>>386629385
>I think I'm done bros. This shit just ain't for me anymore. Gaming has become something odd and alien, for a new, younger audience who are very clearly looking for something different in their vidya.

then you're either playing the wrong games or a whiny moron.

plenty of people despice pay2win shit in games - that's why there's a ton of games that actively avoid any of that shit. microtransactions are then limited to optional cosmetic shit which you can just ignore entirely without missing out on any actual gameplay.
>>
>>386640331
And it makes the Shitters be spotted easier
>>
>>386639749
>BUNGEE P2W GARBAGE
>TAMEME WALKING SIM TRASH

MAYBE REDDIT IS MORE YOUR SPEED KIDDO
(no I understand completely it sucks)
>>
Video games aren't a hobby
>>
>>386630352
There are so many fun and comfy games with good stories out there. Every time I play multiplayer games, I feel like I am wasting my time.
>>
Funny because I used to have a crippling addiction to games (like 8-12 hours daily) but since around ~2012 I've averaged like 1 hour per week at most. All the good multiplayer games died, not digging any of the new ones.
>>
File: 1502280673118.jpg (79KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502280673118.jpg
79KB, 960x720px
>>386629385
There's THOUSANDS of games available with emulation. You can buy a 25 dollars Bluetooth gamepad and play them with your android phone anywhere.
A kid from the 90 would turn insane at this simple thought. You don't have the right to complain.
>>
Threads like this are the product of spending too long on a certain imageboard on the internet that enjoys complaining about games more than playing them
>>
>>386629385
Good, fuck off, have kids, become an alcoholic.
>>
>>386629385
I gave up regular gaming years ago.
Now I usually just look up a let's play for the story, unless I really like the idea.
>>
>>386629385
t. someone too lazy to find games that aren't what he just listed and just decides to whine about the thing which is popular to whine about among faggots
>>
>>386634732
This
>>
>>386629385
I just play terraria.
Besides, I have backlog spanning back 10 years so I just don't give a shit about how bad games are on release, I will play them in 5 years anyway and that's enough for hardware to catch up so they will be playable.
>>
Nothing is "mostly" anything. Games aren't "mostly" P2W trash. If it IS P2W trash, don't play it. It's so fucking obvious. People who cry about "REEE MODERN MUSIC IS ALL POP AND TRASH" shouldn't listen to modern music.

Stop whining.
>>
>>386629385
You sound like a guy who only plays AAA garbage, I won't deny that times have changed and there's stuff like P2W and early access nowadays, and fucking DRM everywhere, but there are still a lot of nice games coming out every year, not to mention your backlog, you do have a backlog, right Anon?
>>
>>386630010
On one hand, people can be so bad at games it's funny to watch them play like Conan and GCCX
>>
>>386629385
Saw this on the front page.

I gave up console and PC gaming back in maybe 2010 or so. I was 25 years old, I spent a huge portion of my life from age 8 or so till then playing vidya. I did other stuff, I read, I did well in school... but I wasn't particularly social. This was before I had high-speed in my area (yep, even back in 2010), and MMOG were still kinda new so I was never into that shit. Diablo and Starcraft were probably what I played most over internet... but generally strategy games.

I stopped because I realized I was just tired of sitting on my ass 8 hours a day staring into a screen. And for what? What do you really get out of it? It just clicked and I lost interest almost immediately. Fun, thanks for the memories, but moving on. I had work and money, and figured I'd get into things that would get me out of the house like pussy, travel and innawoods.

I still have a few little mindless finger flippers on my phone for when I'm on the can or something, but that's it. I've never regretted it and don't really miss video games.
>>
>>386629385
you just have good taste and sense. support the few games that do things right and pirate the rest
>>
Yeah I'm thinking about quitting vidya for a time. Only 2 games I'm looking forward to don't come out until next year, could always try nofap and excercise. Maybe next time I play games I won't be a virgin. Probably will be though. At least I'll be a healthier virgin
>>
>>386645774
>falling for the virgin meme
having sex will change nothing
>>
>>386646006
I know. I just wanna try it.

I also want to find love but I'm going one step at a time here.

I don't think I should be trusted with the powers complete wizardry would endow me with. I'd probably go Voldemort on everything.
>>
File: 1501455015502.jpg (52KB, 342x547px) Image search: [Google]
1501455015502.jpg
52KB, 342x547px
>>386629385
It's because you feel the Jewish entertainment no longer able to distract you from the grisly erosion and fall of your people around you. You are no longer able to ignore the realities by escaping into STalker, or EU3, or any number of other good older games before the industry was wholly Marxist.

You long for a return. We all do. This is why we must put away out childish things and solve the world. Then we can have out autism and NEETdom in peace.

Pic related. Do you think this man really wanted to spend all his waking hours proselytizing about how to solve the world's problems? No nigger, he was a rocket scientist and one of the first programmers. he wanted to enjoy his life. But he knew there was something wrong and decided to dedicate his life to it.
>>
>>386629385
I pirate all my vidya, so I don't care
>>
File: 1492861823340.jpg (4MB, 2616x2626px) Image search: [Google]
1492861823340.jpg
4MB, 2616x2626px
I just miss when devs focused more on singleplayer games with polished mechanics, instead of making a multiplayer game and, maybe, adding a short and buggy singleplayer campaign to it.
>>
>>386635006
>Same with books actually, it all becomes the same shit after a while and fishing for diamonds in a sea of shit has little appeal.

You literally have thousands of years of literary history. There is enough great reading material for a lifetime
>>
>>386629385
I agree
>>
>>386629385
I more or less have, I have 500+ games on steam and have to force myself to play one after hours of debating what to play. I think unless it's a new Valve game nothing fucking interests me any more.
>>
Gaben a cool
>>
File: 1501357625452.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501357625452.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
>>386629385

Normies have taken over, and are hardwired to turn the industry into a direct-to-dvd Hollyjew sublet, as with everything else they touch.

The gooks are still salvageable at least.

But if there's any hope in toppling this regime, then it lies with the indie-proles.
>>
File: 1501485529535.png (795KB, 569x645px) Image search: [Google]
1501485529535.png
795KB, 569x645px
I don't get how people can buy play and enjoy Early Access games knowing that literally everything about the game could change in an instant. I also like buying finished products, not unfinished ones. By the time PUBG is "finished" and "released" no one will be playing it anymore. So I'm sitting here waiting for it to finish knowing full well there's no point.

Gaming has become a service. I pay for enough services as it is. I watched a Cinemassacre video where Mike and his fat fuck friend were bitching about DLC and microtransactions and always online and they never once managed to hit the point that games are becoming a service now. You pay for one game, and continue to pay for that one game.
>>
File: tits but no happiness.jpg (134KB, 764x764px) Image search: [Google]
tits but no happiness.jpg
134KB, 764x764px
>>386629385

Preaching to the choir man. Can't remember the last time I bought a new triple A game.

I have my backlog of pre 2010 PC games, SNES/Mega Drive/PS1/2 emulation, the occasional indie game, that's all I play but I can't stomach that new shit too
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.