[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vivic was way more of a threat to not only Morrowind, but also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Vivec-Cropped.jpg (219KB, 494x622px) Image search: [Google]
Vivec-Cropped.jpg
219KB, 494x622px
Vivic was way more of a threat to not only Morrowind, but also Tamiriel at the end of the day and his actions were way worse then what Dagoth Ur did.
>>
>>386622360
duh. the tribunal have always been the enemy. vivec still returns in the end though, has a kid with the nerevarine and the three of them become godheads of the next existence along with all the cats and whoever else made it to the moon because nirn is being temporally fucked in the ass by the numidium's return
>>
>>386622540
This is why Kirkbride needs to be kept in check
>>
>>386622540
Secunda or Masser?
>>
>>386622360
>Vivic
>>
>>386622360
CHIM!
>>
>>386622665
literally nothing wrong with it besides the game industry's laziness to put such things into form. medieval settings are far easier to make and sell
>>
>>386622360
Meh. His divine power was linked to the Heart. While Dagoth had it, he was weakened. After Nerevarine destroyed it, it was fading. I guess he also had CHIM, but he didn't really do much with it other than making Azura suck his dick and fucking off. I mean, he's an asshole who killed the Hortator and got Morrowind destroyed out of negligence, but who knows what kind of whacky bullshit Dagoth Ur would've pulled with a full powered Brass God. Plus, you know, the Blight.
>>
>>386622360
what the hell did he even do? I played Morrowind recently and couldn't find anything that showed him doing anything good or bad

The Tribunal's godhood didn't really seem to be used for much as well, even when they were able to use the heart to replenish

At worst he just seemed to be abusing his authority a little
>>
>>386624048
Keeping his own city hostage by floating a meteor above it, disappearing and having that meteor fall and turn the city into a crater. He also betrayed and killed nerevar.
>>
>>386624320
>Keeping his own city hostage by floating a meteor above it, disappearing and having that meteor fall
oh, that's fucking hilarious.

I just killed him in my game
>>
>>386624048
He killed Nerevar and stole godhood from the Heart (after achieving godhood he maybe didn't kill Nerevar and was always a god because dragonbreak). After the events of Oblivion (I think), he bailed without actually dealing with Baar Dau, leading to Morrowind getting destroyed.
>>
>>386624523
>He killed Nerevar and stole godhood from the Heart
I was under the impression that this was mostly Almalexia's doing when I played it, obviously I didn't fully trust his version of events, but he never really struck me as the mastermind, I'm probably forgetting or I missed something though.
>>
>>386623942
Neverarine never destroyed the heart, he simply severed the connection that has been established and allowed the heart to fuck off. The heart of Lorkhan is virtually indestructible.
>>
>>386624664
If the concept art is anything to go by, Vivec was the one who actually killed Nerevar. Iirc both Sotha Sil and Almalexia were more senior than Vivec in the hierarchy of Nerevar's inner circle, so they probably were the masterminds even if they let Vivec do the deed.

I wonder how exactly it went down though, before all the timeline shenanigans. Did they kill him before confronting Dagoth Ur or after? Inside the mountain or on its slopes? Poison or spear?
>>
File: Foul_Murder.png (2MB, 3053x2411px) Image search: [Google]
Foul_Murder.png
2MB, 3053x2411px
>>386624664
As a mortal, he (probably) knowingly participated in Nerevar's murder. As a god, he (probably) didn't participate in Nerevar's death.

The whole situation is muddied by the dragonbreak and Vehk's apotheosis into Vivec. Vehk may well have murdered Nerevar in cold blood and broke his oath in order to steal power from the Heart. But in a way Vehk stopped existing when he touched the Heart and was reborn as Vivec. His existence was overwritten by Vivec's as history rewrote itself such that Vivec had always existed. In essence, there was an in-universe retcon. Maybe.

Really, it all depends on how much you want to believe Kirkbride's drug ramblings.

>>386625372
Pic related. Maybe.
>>
>>386625573
>as history rewrote itself such that Vivec had always existed. In essence, there was an in-universe retcon. Maybe.
uh I don't remember anything about that
>>
>>386625664
>https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_36_Lessons_of_Vivec#Sermon_Thirty-Six
>Notes: Reading the first letter of each paragraph of the Sermon Thirty-Six forms a hidden message: 'Foul Murder'. Additionally, if you take Sermon Twenty-Nine, associate each one of the Thirty-Five listed numbers as associating to a word in its respective sermon, another hidden message is revealed: He was not born a god. His destiny did not lead him to this crime. He chose this path of his own free will. He stole the godhood and murdered the Hortator. Vivec wrote this.

The Trial of Vivec makes it really clear, but again, Kirkbride drug ramblings.
>>
Man it's been 6 months, I wanna replay this game again.
>>
>>386625996
I think Vivec and his accomplices are more compelling characters if they really did murder Nerevar and all the in-universe retconning and timeline manipulation is just Vivec making shit up to assuage his guilty conscience.
>>
>>386622665
Kirkbride needs full freedom and assess to his favorite brand of glue to huff.
>>
>>386626771
Well they DID murder Nerevar at one point and they know it. Their apotheosis is both absolution and proof of their crimes. Vivec's existence and retroactive innocence is based on Vehk's crimes. One cannot exist without the other. For everyone else, it's just conflicting historical accounts. For the Tribunal, it's a paradox which their existence is founded upon. No matter how divinely innocent they are, their very existence is a crime. And they know it.
>>
File: Dunmer_Beauty.jpg (189KB, 1024x1346px) Image search: [Google]
Dunmer_Beauty.jpg
189KB, 1024x1346px
>>386624664
"He was not born a god. His destiny did not lead him to this crime. He chose this path of his own free will. He stole the godhood and murdered the Hortator. Vivec wrote this."
>>
So what's the Nerevarine up to in Akavir? Knocking heads DWing those magic swords of his and Almalexia?
>>
>>386629265
probably fucking snake women
>>
>>386622360
why does he have boobs below his pecks?
>>
>>386631308
Hermaphrodite
>>
>>386631308
Those are his ribs. Nigga is starving caus someone locked the front door and the only npc with the key won't move.
>>
>>386631308
speaking of his body
>dat bf%
>dat thigh gap
>dat bicep vascularity
Is Vivec a curlbro? A converted lanklet curlbro?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.