[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Stalks you through the entire game even after dying from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

File: 2452864-thepursuer[3].jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2452864-thepursuer[3].jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>Stalks you through the entire game even after dying from your hands
>The Pursuer, who seeks the bearer of the sign, will not rest until his target is slain.
The Pursuer hunts down those branded by the curse, as if each Undead soul that he claims will atone one of his sins.

Was he kino?
>>
>>386599130
>was he kino?

no, he was easy
>>
Nothing in Dark Souls 2 was even close to kino. Ivory King was pretty cool though
>>
>>386599321
He was a pretty relevant casual filter though, you actually had to learn to dodge, parry to defeat him without abusing balistas
>>
The first iteration he just shows up once outside the boss room, and only once

In sotfs they did a better job and made him appear more, but he runs away if you leave the area

Some "pursuer" still could be implemented better
>>
LIST OF KINO DARK SOUL'S BOSSESS
>Artorias
>Sif
>Abyss watchers
>Lothric
>Soul of cinder
>Nameless king
>Gwyn
>Gael
Fight me
>>
What the fuck does kino mean?
>>
>>386599689
>Sif

Is this the most overrated bossfight of all time?
>>
>>386599823
>That scene before boss fight if you freed him from the abyss in DLC first
>not purest form of kino
>>
File: 14c[1].jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
14c[1].jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>386599689
>>
File: 1499616712300.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499616712300.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>386599392
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>386599130
he make me think of like a cursed golem something some asshole wizard would make and forget
>>
>>386599881
>sniff sniff sad doge
>arooooo
>still tries to kill you anyway

Stupid and dumb.

If you actually want to grade them on cinematography and presentation, Gaping Dragon far exceeds Sif. Or the Dancer. Even Wolnir, jesus.
>>
>>386599964
>Artorias
Fall from grace and becoming what he swore to fight
>Sif
You both don't want to fight eachother but there's no other way
>Abyss watchers
They did their best but still failed and became insane
>Lothric
Shows that you can't run from your responsiblity
>Soul of cinder
the ultimate pve filter
>Nameless king
DEEPEST LORE
>Gwyn
Shows that no matter what you do there's no hope
>Gael
A
FUCKING
GUST
>>
>>386600015
Did you conviniently forget about the part where Phantoms get healed as well whenever the host chugs an estus himself?
>>
>>386600132
You are literally attempting to rob grave of his master
Why are you surprised he's trying to kill you?
>>
>>386599689
>no O&S
>no Gwyn
>no Sir Alonne
>>
>>386600210
No they don't.
>>
>>386600372
oh gwyn is there, my b
>>
>>386599707
it literally translates to cinema.
pioneered by russian filmmaker Dziga Vertov with his kinochestvo movement, or "cine-eye". a movement designed to make movies more responsive and aware of the movie making process.

god knows what it means now.
>>
>>386600372
>no O&S
They weren't really kino
>no Gwyn
He's there
>no Sir Alonne
Shit, you've got me. His begining and seppuko in the end is pretty fucking kino
>>
>>386600252
I just walked up to it, nigga. Then I got ambushed by animewolf. Maybe I wanted to pay respects to the noble knight I had to put down thousands of years ago? Sif hadn't seen me once since then.
>>
File: shalquoir.png (212KB, 262x490px) Image search: [Google]
shalquoir.png
212KB, 262x490px
>>386600015
Thanks for posting this. I love DS2's multiplayer and you've outlined it perfectly. Especially the part about getting your build early. There are simply far more viable pvp builds in DS2 compared to DS1 and BB and most definitely DeS which people seem to hold way too high.
>b-but I play dark souls for the single player
go play skyrim then you fucking loser
>>
Kino! KINO!!!
>>
>>386600493
>They weren't really kino
You're right, they were pure LUDO
>>
File: uGY6cqY[1].gif (967KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
uGY6cqY[1].gif
967KB, 294x233px
>>386599130
kino hitboxes
>>
>>386600729
He touched your leg. If anything, the big problem with DaS2 is that its hitboxes are too good, some nonsense occurs because of tip parts of weapons and body.
>>
>>386600252
He attacks you before you even do anything though. What if you just wanted to leave some flowers at his master's grave?

Stupid.
>>
File: 1493668661125.webm (1MB, 1000x572px) Image search: [Google]
1493668661125.webm
1MB, 1000x572px
>>386600729
>implying every single souls game doesn't have kino hitboxes.
>>
>>386600210
I can't tell if you're blatantly lying or are just retarded.
>>
>>386600572
>>386600872

Expanding this: Ceaseless discharge only becomes hostile when you loot the corpse he's watching over. He doesn't even hide, you see him, he sees you, and is peaceful until you rob the grave.

They had the technology and the precedent is even in the same game.
Retarded fucking dog gets no sympathy from me and I will never respect that fight
>>
>>386600816
>If anything, the big problem with DaS2 is that its hitboxes are too good
then you should've just taken a little bit of damage from it grazing your leg if that were true instead of being warped onto the sword
>>
>>386600602
>>386600015
No souls game has good pvp, the hit "detection" is an absolute joke. Co-op is alright though.
>>
Is there any game that actually implements this idea well, without it being the sole focus of the game? Someone consistently hunting you throughout the game. I know plenty of horror games work like that.
>>
>>386600729
That's just a goofy animation transition. He clearly hits the player. It would be cool if command grabs were dynamic and would whiff if they didn't hit the exact right spot, but it would probably be unnecessarily complex to program.
>>
>>386601471
When the encounters happen are scripted, but the SA-X in Metroid Fusion comes to mind
>>
>>386600940
That's running into the foot after it's done the obvious attack animation. It's bad, but not as bad as me taking damage from swinging at it from a little bit further back at a similar time. Between that and mooks turning at any point in their animation compared to you committing to yours and opening yourself, I just lost faith in how the game presents itself
>>
File: 1493669382393.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493669382393.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>386602368
You're making yourself look very stupid. Every souls game has moments where the hit detection is shit. Your rabid anti-DS2 bias is showing, and again, makes you look unintelligent.
>>
File: dark souls hitbox.webm (499KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls hitbox.webm
499KB, 640x360px
>>386602368
Allow me to reinforce once more how stupid you look.
>>
>>386602482
You fucking what? I'm responding to a DaS post
>>
>>386601471
Wizardry 4.
>>
Posting a kino bossfight.
>>
>>386600015
>Almost every weapon is infusable
>Boss and twinkling weapons can be buffed
>Poison is good
>Whips are good
>Scythes and halberds have appropriate crit animations
>While they unfortunately don't give you rewards like in DaS1, tail cuts are still present
>Pretty much everything about fashion- armor sets with similar colors look good when mixed, exposed neck is very significantly less common, better looking sets
>>386600210
that's DaS1
>>
>>386599130
I think he should of had growth throughout each battle. Like he got bigger stronger and more scary each time you faced him. Untill you got the secret ending for some obscure bullshit and he would appear after the final boss all big scary and mangled. Wearing the torn off faces of every good npc across his shield.
>>
>>386601196
Tele-grab-stabs are in all DS games
>>
>>386599130
Why did they add like 14 more pursuers in softs though
>>
>>386600015
Draining your stamina bar quicker in DS2 felt horrible, it forced all enemies to be sluggish and slow, which further pushed the sluggish feel the game had.
You can roll and regen faster in DS3 but the enemies also attack faster and more often, so you spent more time reacting to the game, and less time waiting for a bar to refill.
>>
>>386600015
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 3 did that were far better than Dark Souls 2
>Had better boss fights
>had better area's
>Had better DLC's
>>
>>386602482
>What is shockwave
>>
File: ds3 babbies at it again.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ds3 babbies at it again.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>386603874
>early game build diversity is nonexistent
>spells are poorly balanced
>defense based builds are nearly nonviable
>poise was turned off
>all phantoms can chug estus out the ass
>bonfires every ten feet
>too many mobs are stunlock based and are piss easy if you get around that stunlock
>too many bosses are gimmick based, in which the only viable way of beating them is their uninteresting gimmick
>they removed powerstancing
>using magic means having less healing ability because of two different estus flasks
>holy fuck everything looks all grey brown and shitty
>why the fuck are there so many references? why couldn't they come up with original ideas?
>fucking Solaire, Siegmeyer and Anor Londo are back, how creative
>why do I have to teleport back to the hub to level up? this is so tedious
>armor upgrading is gone for no reason
>upgrading shields just raises the stability and only slightly at that
>I have to get half way through the game to get the necessary materials to get a melee weapon that's decent for a faith or luck build
>poison is completely and utterly useless now, great
>acid surge was nerfed because no fun allowed, I guess?

That's just what comes off the top of my head.
>>
>>386603353
That's not a response, do you think he should be teleported onto the sword or do you think that he should receive grazing damage?
>>
>>386603996
neither. the animation should be dynamic.
>>
File: 1499433578925.png (64KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499433578925.png
64KB, 300x300px
>>386602673
That is seriously the only boss fight in the entire series that really kicked my ass, and it was made more painful by the fact that you needed items just to fight him. Really amp'd the stress level.
>>
File: 1500111461439.gif (903KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500111461439.gif
903KB, 400x300px
>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>rehashed areas in an already short game
>A third of the game is a swamp
>the game punishes invaders and encourages ganking
>no arena
>Heavy armor sucks

>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>removes a shit ton of spells from the previous game
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>boss weapons can’t be infused
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>DLC has so far been shit
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB
>b-but the DLC will save it!
>b-but other games have faults!
lmfao
>>
>>386603820
>You can roll and regen faster in DS3 but the enemies also attack faster and more often, so you spent more time spamming roll, and less time waiting for a bar to refill.
>>
>>386604265
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
You know they released the last one.
>>
>>386603982
You had to teleport back to the hub to level up, in every soulsborne game but DS1.
Armor upgrading is stupid, you needed so many materials that you were forced to grind, and if you had leveled one set you would be forced to exclusively use that one set untiul you farmed enough to upgrade another.

Also what the fuck is a defense based build, a build where you don't roll or block? That is a fucking niche complaint.
>>
>>386603982
this is clearly a copypasta but ok
>early game build diversity is nonexistent
explain how it's any different in das1 or 2
>spells are poorly balanced
they aren't though, spells are shit
>defense based builds are nearly nonviable
waaah i wanna be a turtle
>poise was turned off
i agree that's retarded
>all phantoms can chug estus out the ass
makes it easier for invading instead of getting shit stomped by a 4 stack
>bonfires every ten feet
das2 had trash bonfires too
>too many mobs are stunlock based and are piss easy if you get around that stunlock
name some
>too many bosses are gimmick based, in which the only viable way of beating them is their uninteresting gimmick
list dark souls 3s gimick bosses? besides yhorm which is a demons souls throwback
>they removed powerstancing
weapon arts are better
>using magic means having less healing ability because of two different estus flasks
this is fair when you get 15 estus flasks at +10
>holy fuck everything looks all grey brown and shitty
dark souls 2 looks 10 times worse than des1 or 3
>why the fuck are there so many references? why couldn't they come up with original ideas?
>fucking Solaire, Siegmeyer and Anor Londo are back, how creative
i don't care about lore so it didn't bother me
>solaire
not in it
>why do I have to teleport back to the hub to level up? this is so tedious
you did this in das2
>armor upgrading is gone for no reason
yeah that sucked
>upgrading shields just raises the stability and only slightly at that
all it did in the other games
>I have to get half way through the game to get the necessary materials to get a melee weapon that's decent for a faith or luck build
you don't though (exiled greatsword) is very early
>poison is completely and utterly useless now, great
it always was
>acid surge was nerfed because no fun allowed, I guess?
never used it, how was it nerfed?
>>
>>386604265
Invaders in DS3 deserve ganking because all they ever do is try to lure you into other enemies.
>>
>>386599689
You forgot Sister Friede
>>
>>386599321
Easy isn't synonymous with bad, fucko.
>>
>>386604267
Rolling is you reacting to the game, you know, playing the game, instead of awkwardly standing around waiting for a slow as a fuck animation to finish, so your stamina bar can refill, the bar that allows you interact with the game world. What a fucking stupid response you contrarian DS2 faggot kill yourself.
>>
>>386604520
You have to admit DSII has a lot of color variance from the green of Black Gulch to the blue of Shrine of Amana, the yellows of Dragon Aerie and Shrine, down to the red of Iron Keep

Also leveling shields in II raises defense percentages as well
>>
File: anime girl is bothered.png (245KB, 416x444px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl is bothered.png
245KB, 416x444px
>Those people who claim something is bad because it's easy.
>>
>Call it Pursuer
>It shows up all of once before the boss battle
>It's an early game boss
>It's one of the easiest bosses in the game, beat him with non-upgraded equipment regularly.
Stupid.
>>
>>386604532
I honestly just disconnected the other day because an invader was only doing this. I don't have time to sit and try to lure out enemies while another player attacks me.
>>
>>386604532
invaders deserve to get ganked no matter what
If I want to have an honorable 1v1 I'll use either the undead match or a red summon sign, if you come into MY world while I'm trying to do shit, you can get the fuck out by any means necessary
>>
>>386604854
scholar of the first sin added like 50, every time you go into a small room a pursuer shows up
>>
>>386600015
>shit is better than shit

Ok
>>
File: griffith-d-w-05-g.jpg (141KB, 792x1000px) Image search: [Google]
griffith-d-w-05-g.jpg
141KB, 792x1000px
>evokes no emotional reaction
>not aesthetically interesting

It's not kino
>>
>>386599689
No dancer?
>>
>>386600015
Now im going to post something that negates all of that and makes it mess

>enemy placement and level design

literally the only thing holding it back for being a good addition to the game. Everything else in the game was pretty damn good, but that just made it all come down to expoiting the same shit over and over again. All that potential down the drain because someone decided that more swarms of enemies is better than a few well made and well placed ones.

then again I never played soulsbornes for PvP anyway. I was never good at it. But the PvE was just a miserable chore and grind.
>>
>>386604967
Another reason not to get scholar.
>>
>kino pasta poster
jesus christ dont you have anything better to do every single day posting a thread about kino
>>
>>386599689
>no Dancer
The dancer is one of the most beautiful weddings of game and art design in any of the Souls games. I love the way her posture and design encourage the player and her to enter this circling pattern, while the player tensely waiting for her to make a move. It genuinely plays out like a dance
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.