[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>massive amounts of excellent PvE content >multiple difficulty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: header[1].jpg (67KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
67KB, 460x215px
>massive amounts of excellent PvE content
>multiple difficulty levels for every dungeon
>so many dungeons that literally every quest sends you into a new one
>real DnD ruleset, actual dicerolls
>probably the most customizable character builds of any MMO, build a character just like you would in real DnD, truly massive amount of options and playstyles
>no one ever talks about this game

Why? It's honestly more fun than WoW or FF14.
>>
>>386594427
It's great, but it has fallen in the cracks after going F2P.
I enjoyed going through a good number of dungeons solo thanks to an actual functional Stealth system, active attacking/blocking and clever use of spells as a Bard allowing me to do things that would have required a whole party were they to tackle it head-on.
>>
>>386594427
The quests completely dry up around level 8 unless you spend a small fortune on adventure packs. It's more of a long demo than a full f2p.
Probably the only theme park MMO I've ever liked though.
>>
>>386594427
After they added levels above 20, alongside epic destinies and shit, the power creep started escalating so fast, and numbers got so inflated, that I just couldn't keep on playing it.

it strayed a lot from that dnd feel.
>>
>>386594427
Meh game, shitty start off REALLY slow, and not that interesting plot.
>>
>>386594427
It's pretty ancient and I remember the trade scene being shitty but necessary for progression. I don't think most people are interested in a traditional dnd setting either. I wonder how successful it would have been if they used Forgotten Realms instead of Eberron.
>>
>>386594427

Turds like this still get expansion packs

While games like City of Heroes, Guild Wars 1, and Wildstar are dead or soon to be dead.

Fuck the MMO genre.
>>
>dice rolls
>good

You shouldn't fail basic shit because you got unlucky.
>>
>>386594884
I vaguely remember the difficulty also spiking around level 8 to 9 or so, and level 7 on elite (technically 9) onwards had ungodly amounts of trap damage. Trying to farm enough favor to buy an adventure pack was the biggest pain in the ass, but the Gary Gygax module was worth it as a self sufficient cleric/fighter with a party of other niggas to activate the various switches/runes/mechanisms that I couldn't.
Pretty fun though, when your mid 100 HP wasn't getting drained in a single hit.
>>
>>386594427
Is it better than neverwinter?
>>
>>386596869
Daily reminder not to trust NCSoft ever.
>>
File: 1498784359535.jpg (106KB, 698x658px) Image search: [Google]
1498784359535.jpg
106KB, 698x658px
When will WotC just make another Neverwinter Nights style of game where you you can just play a campaign online with a master and players?
>>
i remember this game. had moderate amount of fun with it. is it still decent or has it gone down the shitter?
>>
>>386596954
>he's never stubbed his toe or slipped while walking
okay mr perfect
>>
>>386597617
Yes.

Granted I don't remember much about Neverwinter. I remember quitting it pretty quick because it was boring. The cash shop P2W is absolutely over the top fucked in that game. There are autists who, to this day, dump thousands upon thousands of dollars into it. DDO's freemium model is actually not too awful, and there's tons of content for free anyway.
>>
>>386598037

Sword Coast Legends

Except it was shit and DLC'd out the ass and had less flexibility than NWN1 already had.
>>
>>386596954
Yes, there are a lot of things in D&D rules that are fucking retarded when it comes to dice rolls.
>You can try to lockpick this door once and aren't allowed to try again if you roll low
Fuck that noise. If I don't pick the lock in five seconds, I'm not going to fucking stop. It'll take a bit longer. Gotta houserule all this bullshit.

>>386598191
Stubbing your toe doesn't suddenly cause you to lose the ability to walk and get a -1 to all rolls for the next day.
>>
>>386598037
Anon

We could just play nwn togeather and call it a day

Hell, the creation toolset is really easy to use
>>
>>386594427
>featuring wil wheaton
dropped
>>
File: WILDSTAR-Chua-l.jpg (76KB, 552x656px) Image search: [Google]
WILDSTAR-Chua-l.jpg
76KB, 552x656px
>>386596869

I'm kind of sad about Wildstar. Feels like the game could have done alright with a few changes.
>>
>>386594427
Because it's not actually good and customization is only good when 90% of options aren't shit.
>>
>>386594427
>game can't decide what world it wants to take place in
>set in Eberron
> Kingdom of Cormyr
>no wait... Forgotten Realms
>Temple of Elemental Evil
>no wait... Greyhawk
>talk of Ravenloft
>well FUCK
>>
>>386596954
This so much. I never got the appeal of dice roll shit. I've never played a single game with good gameplay that has this shit in it.
>>
>>386596954
>>386602108

Don't most RPGs have a chance of missing attacks or otherwise failing to do something?
>>
Peaked immediately before they decided to make an expansion 7 years after launch that ruined the game

Was never actually f2p; you always still needed a sub to actually play the game

Still an unparalleled level of character creation and customization; I could have more fun in a character planner for DDO than in playing a good number of modern MMOs

DDO is really the ultimate MMO pleb filter.
Every faggot pretends to have played Galaxies or XI or waxes nostalgic about how great Guild Wars was, but DDO did everything those games did a dozen times better, with deeper character building, better combat, and still gets updated 10 years later

Convince 3 friends to buy a month and it's better than any shit released since 2010 by a mile
>>
>>386602463
>with deeper character building
More options isn't the same thing as better. You could do far more shit with less hassle in GW1.
>>
>>386602705
>More options isn't the same thing as better
Not always, but DDO had both more AND better options than GW

>You could do far more shit with less hassle in GW1
Okay? So in GW you could just reset your character whenever you felt like it while DDO required planning; that's not a indictment that's just a difference in preference
>>
>>386601527
It was almost a 10/10. the housing, the artstyle jived with me, but it was so static. Needed to really just be a sandbox
>>
>>386594427
I didn't like the change to WoW style talents over actual feats.
>>
>>386594427
>Wil Wheaton

And there's your answer.
>>
DDO was the only MMO I could get into, as well as my first. How did they get the combat so freaking perfect.

I wish I could still play, but the community/content really peaked in 2009 when it first went f2p without all the micro transaction gimmicks to keep it afloat.

I still miss it...
>tfw you'll never run the Shroud on a friday night trying to get your lds
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.