[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>most of the popular D3 streamers that tried playing Necromancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 14

File: d3rise.jpg (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
d3rise.jpg
16KB, 200x300px
>most of the popular D3 streamers that tried playing Necromancer for Season 11 have left for Path of Exile

Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>386584474
Blizzard cant create an interesting character to save their lives

>play with minions
>have to summon mages every 4 sec
wow, super fun play there Blizzard
>>
File: caveman.png (40KB, 597x615px) Image search: [Google]
caveman.png
40KB, 597x615px
>be a prestigious game dev

>people want something that is different
>give them the same thing
>they get mad
>um wtf why are they mad

>people want the same thing
>give them something different
>they get made
>um wtf why are they mad
>>
>>386585305
This shit disappointing me so much. I just want to walk in with my skellybros and fuck shit up, instead I have to make short term turrets essentially, fucking lame.
>>
You think you do but you don't
>>
>>386586130
>instead I have to make short term turrets essentially, fucking lame

It's amazing how far they went not to make a Diablo 2 Necromancer and ended up fucking the class over.
>>
>>386586130
so its just a worse marauder DH
gj Blizzard
>>
>>386585783
>be dev
>make something shitty
>How can our fans not love this?
>>
>>386584474
>Be Blizzard
>Completely screw over your fanbase on a regular basis
>Push out content that is subpar to keep your share prices afloat
>Destroy your own unique art style, repeatedly trash the themes of your genres
>Make the game as simplistic as you possibly can with build options more limited than meme wars 2
>Unironically try to implement a real money auction, lower drop rates and lazily pad out difficulty settings by increasing HP + adding enrage
>Your game so poorly optimized it unironically runs better on computers from the PS2 era
>etc
>Act surprised when people jump ship for a diablo clone as dark as the original 2 games

REALLY MAKES ME THINK
>>
>>386587070
Yeah pretty much. You enter a place, summon your turrets and have your other skeletons kill things for you.

And since your turrets suck and often don't enter rooms, I found the big turret variant to be really annoying.
>>
>>386584474
LACK
OF
PLAY
>>
File: he liked that jump.jpg (346KB, 800x772px) Image search: [Google]
he liked that jump.jpg
346KB, 800x772px
>>386584474
Blizzard just didn't do enough with Diablo 3. Too few updates, such wasted potential.
>>
>>386586130
Yep. The sentiment of everybody.
>>
>PoE
>SIX free acts

How can D3 compete?
>>
>>386584474

Novelty wears off quick when nothing else on the game is new. Meanwhile competitor releases an expansion that makes leveling less tedious along with a new Act.
>>
>>386584474
Is PoE actually any good?
>>
>>386588980
best ARPG, its the flavor of the month atm on twitch
>>
>>386589134
seriously? I'm needing my Diablo fix.
>>
>>386589134

Although I agree, I don't understand its popularity in twitch. Arpgs in general aren't that entertaining to watch during grinding phases. I can understand a youtube channel where the player explains the build and shows highlights but not Twitch.
>>
>>386589241

Just play Diablo 2 then. That's what I did.
>>
>>386589241

Its the game that Diablo 3 should've been. Latest expansion just removed Difficulties entirely and added 6 new Acts (1 new one and 5 "you return but things have changed"). So you progress through levels 1-68 entirely on story content and go straight to endgame mapping when its done.
>>
Necromancer was fun, but nothing changed about the game. So as usual it was entertaining for all of a couple days until I hit the same wall where all I was doing was trying to get ancient/great rolls in all of my slots just to do the same shit at a higher level.

Necro is great. D3 is the problem.
>>
>>386589682
Since it's F2P, are you gimped without actually spending real money?
>>
>>386589134
Not the same anon, but can I play it blind and enjoy myself, or is that the kind of fucking game I need a phd to beat ?
>>
>>386584474

Played since 2012. I play it from time to time, made a lot of money at the AH, like I did in WoW when I played that garbage too. Just started playing recently, and I do like it, I always liked D3. I even pumped 60 bucks into PoE for tabs and played the ever loving shit out of it, got loads of exalted, but I always went back to D3. No matter how objectively worse it is to PoE. Diablo 3 holds a charm to me that not many other games do. And I like the neco too. Currently on GR25. Having a hard time but it's not diff from any other grind fest.
>>
>>386589796

You can play it blind as long as you pay close attention to your resistances and your HP/ES pool. Yeah there's some chance you can accidentally pick one of the small number of primary skills that is just so gimped it won't work but it's not likely that you will. The most important thing is making sure that during the leveling phase you keep your core stats scaling with the content. If you keep old weapons/armour for too long you will quickly find your armour rating, resistances, health pool and damage output being outpaced by your enemies. Always make sure you have level appropriate equipment before facing bosses on hardcore. You can, of course, just keep dying until you get it right on softcore but it's a very painful experience at high levels because of exp loss
>>
>>386589789

No, its cosmetics only and stash space, but you get 4 stashes per character anyway so you're not going to run out of space. If you don't like cooping or trading, theres a Solo Self-Found game mode with a separate Ladder, that prevents trading entirely so its like a tougher single-player mode.

Been playing the game for 3 years now and this was the first time I actually put money into it, feeling the devs deserved it.
>>
>>386589746

This.

I've had so much fun with the Inarius Corpse Explosion build just finished Grift 70 and its my favorite ARPG build since well... corpse explosion necro in diablo 2.But the monotonous boring end game gets too much after awhile especially when you go on a long streak with 0 ancient set pieces dropping.The whole rifting then when you are low on bounty mats(bounties are fucking no-fun horrible anyway)....there just isn't enough content to keep players interested in the game longer than a month without burning out on the game.
>>
>>386584474
>popular D3 streamers
This is really a thing? Watching people play a game that plays itself?
>>
>>386589789

Stash tabss are the only "gameplay affecting" things you can buy. It's merely a quality of life feature for about 50% of players, but if you want to get really involved in trading high level high rarity gear you're going to need a LOT of currency space and item storage space which means lots of stash tabs/currency tabs and it is essential. With 4 tabs alone and no currency tabs you wouldn't even have space for enough currency to buy some of the most expensive items if you had nothing but exalts or chaos orbs in your 4 stash pages.
>>
>>386590268
Thanks for the answer !
>>
>>386589796

Beginner tips:

1) The game is based on 3 stats (3 colors), stick with 1-2 colors at first. Each class represents a color or 2 colors. Witch reps blue, Shadow Blue and Green, Ranger Green, Duelist Red and Green, Marauder Red, Templar Red and Blue and Scion is in the middle, representing whatever you want to build (unlocks in Act 3). Skills are also red, blue or green and their requirements follow the color.

2) Endgame requirements are pretty much the same as in Diablo 2: Build a lot of Life in the passive tree and make sure your resistances are capped by the time you hit Act 10. If you have at least 3500 Life/Energy Shield/Both by the time you hit the Act 10 Final Boss, your build isn't complete shit.

3) Have an ability that helps you kill trash mobs fast, something that helps you against single targets, a movement ability to use as an escape if things go to shit and then basically whatever keeps you alive or makes your abilities stronger. Auras and Totems are powerful and theres not too many restrictions on using them. Same with curses.

4) You can modify your flasks. Important flask modifiers are: "Immunity to Freeze, Immunity to Bleeding, and "Immunity to Poison". Early on you can have 2 reds, 2 blues and one utility potion (like movement speed flask). When you get more comfortable you can start using 1 red, 1 blue maybe one purple and then green flasks. Those flasks can save your life, as being frozen in place or having lot of bleed stacks (red dots around your dude) can kill you very quickly.

5) Despite building as tanky as possible, many bosses can still insta-gib you with some of their abilities, so move out of the way if they have clearly telegraphed moves like big Aoe-mark on the ground that takes time to trigger.
>>
I was on the fence about getting the necro pack, but ultimately decided against it after seeing the builds and play style.
Besides, I really only play Diablo 3 for a few weeks during the new seasons then stop playing so didn't make sense to drop $15 on a game I don't play often.
>>
>>386589796
you need phd for the end game
>>
Is there any similar to a Necro build on POE? That's is currently viable for the endgame of course.
>>
>>386591937

They buffed minions this expansion but people are still testing the changes.
>>
>removed the real money AH AFTER all the angry people left long ago
>paid DLC for a single class for an already dead game
They're retarded. PoE was what D3 should have been.
>>
File: 1501204143122.gif (2MB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1501204143122.gif
2MB, 500x336px
>>386584474
>literally costs 45 bucks on my country
>no minion build
>witch doctor still better for minion builds
>still haven't got the stashes from seasons
I'm literally avoiding this shit at this point.
>>
>>386587576
I always see this guy being posted here, who is he?

Why is he cure are /v/irgins cute like that?
>>
File: 1500931072713.jpg (586KB, 1024x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1500931072713.jpg
586KB, 1024x1008px
>>386588980
Best ARPG right now, even though the combat is somewhat stiff.

Honestly, they got everything right.
Min/maxing heaven
Awesome gear crafting
Cool things to discover, with every single league adding some new mechanics, enemies, stuctures that can randomly appear on your maps
God tier loot
Creative way around gold inflation
Lots of build customization
Somewhat interesting endgame with a bit of variety (maps), at least compared to the endgame of any other ARPG
>>
modern game design is mostly trash.
>>
>>386584474
Why THE FUCK are PoE players so insecure?

I mention D3 once in general chat in PoE, and people shit bricks falling over each other telling me how much FUN they are having right now.
>>
>>386592946
he was a speedrunner that was running paper mario thousand year door
he cheated a major glitch jump skip that had not only been very recently discovered at the time but was extraordinarily difficult to do even with precise setup, and he didn't even note it. the person calling him out in the comments was the person that discovered the jump
>>
>>386588980
>limited stashes
>developers add 300 new currencies EVERT update to reduce your space even more
>have to save equips on stash to create formulas that award currencies on shops
>every build is focused on ONE attack skill only
It's better than D3 in every sense but the combat, but that's like comparing your game with literal shit and still losing in one aspect somehow.
>>
D3 is actually a really fun game but only for like a month or so. After that you get bored of the repetition, the fact that there's nothing to learn, and the game has no content or depth.
>>
>>386593159
d3 is a fucking insult to humanity, that's why you get the reaction that you do.
>>
>>386593183
I get why PoE has limited stashes as its a free to play game and they get money from extra tabs, but why does D3 have limited stash space? Not going to argue which game is better, as it's not the point, but this makes ZERO sense.
>>
>>386589789
Pay4convenience
Stash tabs only become really important for trading and if you are the kind of autist who likes to stash gear for all his twinks and collect quality gear for shit tier currency like armor/weaponstones (like I do).
Becomes kinda necessary when you hit engame for chaos recipes.

But at that point it's only fair that you support the dev a bit with all the entertainment they have given you. It's not even expensive when you buy a stash tab bundle, which also go on sale regularely.
>>
>>386589303
Some popular streamers started playing it.
Isn't Krip playing it again?
>>
>>386593159

Because majority of PoE players are old D2 players who were disgusted on how shit D3 is. So of course they're going to react like that whenever the topic comes up because originally they hoped D3 would be as good.
>>
>>386589594
This I recently started a new playthrough with the amazon because I never tried her abd I'm having a great time.
Still miss my skellies though.
>>
>>386593365
They really and I mean REALLY want to find a way to make every one of their games a cash cow, they did this with HoTS, overwatch, and starcraft 2, Diablo 3 was planned to have the auction house because of this, since that didn't stick they are still thinking about how to suck money out of a possible fanbase, stash tabs are one of the options.

And you better not dare excuse PoE stash garbage either, I'd get if the stashes were cheap but THEY FUCKING AREN'T FUCK THOSE KIKES.
>>
>>386589796
You can, but the later maps are going to be frustrating for you.
I'd recommend looking at build guides on forums and picking one you like. If you follow one you don't need to know anything about the game.
>>
>>386584474
PoE is dead.
>>
>>386593587

His twitch says he's going to play PoE again in about 3 hours.
>>
People watch streamers for either of these fucking games? Fucking why?
>>
>>386586130
If you actually go for a pet build you wind up with essentially 10 permanent skeletal mages and a skeleton horde that assrapes everything. But since you never played the class you wouldn't know that. D2 Necro pet army build was dogshit tier in power and in immersion / fun factor/ or whatever you want to call it. D3 Necro is actually fun as fuck to play.
>>
>>386591937
Aura Necro is a very strong build and people have been whining to get it nerved for a long time now.
>>
>>386593361
Case in point really
>>
>>386593727
>PoE
>dead
>literally the highest peak player count ever in the game
>>
>>386593489
Yeah I'd agree with you if it weren't for the absurd number of currencies and items you need to save to create formulas on vendors, you have those divination cards, skill gems, about 15 currencies with low caps, maps, and about one formula that often requires 2 to 3 items for every single one of those mentioned. And all your stashes are shared between your characters.
>>
File: charts.jpg (49KB, 724x304px) Image search: [Google]
charts.jpg
49KB, 724x304px
>>386593727

So dead holy shit.
>>
>>386593993
>currencies
There's a currency stashtab which takes care of them all in one tab, although I guess you don't like that either.
>divinations
Don't take much more than a tab.

I don't think I've used more than 15 tabs in a single league, probably less.
>>
>>386594031
There were only 10k players daily before the update.
I'm sure Diablo 3 has more than 10k daily.
>>
>>386594425
No it fucking doesn't, absolutely no way.
>>
>>386594425

>There were only 10k players daily before the update.

Because everyone was waiting for the new big expansion with tons of new content. Same reason people avoided most beta streams and videos too so they wouldn't get spoiled of the new content.
>>
>>386594354
>There's a currency stashtab
Are u avin a giggle? You have to buy that shit.
>Don't take much more than a tab.
That would be alright if you hadn't ONLY 4 tabs for free.

>15 tabs
Again look above, 4 tabs, one goes to the cards, and they are shared between all characters.
>>
>>386594425
I'm pretty sure there's less than 500 players currently.
>>
>>386593904
The funny thing about Diablo 3 is that ever since its release the defense against all criticism to it is "it gets better eventually, you just didn't reach that point". It gets better end game, it gets better when you starts doing raids or whatever they are called, it gets better if you do this build and get to this level, ad infinitum.

You'd assume they would eventually make the process of getting to the fun also fun, like every other game in the genre since its inception managed to do.
>>
>F2P ARPG
>F2P anything
Cue "you just pay for cosmetics/convenience" argument. We all know how this works, the developers will make sure you either regularly spend money or waste a ton of time jumping through hoops. Not to mention nerfs keeping the meta "healthy".
I'll stick to Grim Dawn.
>>
>>386594623
>Are u avin a giggle? You have to buy that shit.
Hence why I said "you probably won't like that either.
>That would be alright if you hadn't ONLY 4 tabs for free.
Well early on they aren't going to drop frequently, so you don't need a whole stashtab.

By the time inventory space becomes an issue, you've been playing for a while. Can't you just support the dev at this point?
It kinda feels like people treat this like a 59,99$ game with microtransations on top.
>>
>>386594923

>the developers will make sure you either regularly spend money

Please point out where this happens in PoE.

>inb4 "muh trading"

Play Solo Self-Found, problem solved.
>>
>>386585305
>>386584474
>>386586130
>>386586941

Any designer with an intelligent brain left blizzard long ago. Developers in the 90s were all 18+ years old nerds who were for the most part well read, had high creativity and at least skimmed the surface of classic philosophies.

Games like Deus Ex had information in it that was actually true.

These days designers are all young millenials with the latest $300 hiptser pair of skinny jeans and brown boots. Instead of reading game design books from the 80s and 90s they read SJW/LGBTQ essays instead.

They pump out the same rehashed garbage because they cannot form an original inspired thought of their own.
>>
>>386594923
The only problem with grim dawn is how little content there is on the game, what happened man those guys made Titan quest wich had a gigantic amount of stuff to do.
>>
>>386593913
case AND point you mean????????
>>
>limited stashes
people have done shaper/atziri with 4 tabs, if you want the convienence of more you pay

>developers add 300 new currencies EVERT update to reduce your space even more
4 got added in Breach, none of which you'll even see now unless you get into maps, even then there are only 4

this league added a handful, most of which you can ignore. This league is awful really

>have to save equips on stash to create formulas that award currencies on shops
ok, and? You don't even need to pay to sell your shit on poe.trade

>every build is focused on ONE attack skill only
wrong
first character this league was a wander, I used at least two
second character was a necro, I have skellies I need to place as well as offerings, ball lightning for curse and convocation
those are just two examples
>>
>>386594923
They don't though.
You can buy all the stashtabs you need during a sale and it's till going to be better value/money than any other ARPG.

Only things they've added since I last played is an Essence Tab and a Divination Tab which you can buy, both of which people used to sort by hand before. Not a high priority really.
>>
>>386595060
>Can't you just support the dev at this point?
I'd rather spend money on other things, and again my problem is with the prices of those stash tabs.

>It kinda feels like people treat this like a 59,99$ game with microtransations on top.
Nah it has the quality of a free to play game, in no world would the shit they do with the skill tree and the skill gems fly with a paid game, I literally lost the count on the number of builds that literally disappeared because of the nerfs.
>>
File: most horrible thing.jpg (53KB, 414x549px) Image search: [Google]
most horrible thing.jpg
53KB, 414x549px
>>386595339
>Nah it has the quality of a free to play game
Not even gonna argue with this post if you are just going to be retarded.
>>
File: 1487704666941.jpg (136KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1487704666941.jpg
136KB, 1200x675px
>>386595096
Tell me what are the essentials of game design literature from 80s and 90s please and thanks anon
>>
>>386584474
>Overpriced, completely fucks up the playstyle, betrays the class theme with something that visually and mechanically one-ups every other class, blinks more than a monk or dh, bursts more than arcanists, hell the fucking skeletons jumping the length of the screen every half second to hit every possible enemy is the shittiest display of incompetent game design i have seen in a while.

Excessive power and mobility creep that Blizz didnt even pretend to hide, they're probably so incompetent they didnt even realize they were doing it.
>>
>>386593169
I thought the point of speedrunning was to use glitches to save time
>>
>>386584474
old blizzard is dead and their brand names are being whored out by the husk of a company activision is using as a puppet to get brand name sales
old blizzard didn't even make diablo to begin with
>>
>>386595746
He used an outside program to assist with the jump and tried to pass it off as him doing it legitimately.
>>
>>386595283
>>386595283
>people have done shaper/atziri with 4 tabs, if you want the convienence of more you pay
Yeah right, "convenience", they absolutely didn't even touch the vendor recipes, which means they weren't really playing the game to the full extent.

>4 got added in Breach, none of which you'll even see now unless you get into maps, even then there are only 4 this league added a handful, most of which you can ignore. This league is awful really
You fucking kids, did you know that at the beginning of the game there weren't currencies that modified flasks, nor skill gems? Then there are the divination cards, then there are the prophecies, they just keep adding more and more because they know it will keep forcing people to buy more tabs.
>ok, and?
And each equip uses a LOT more spaces than a currency so for every currency you have recipes that occupy anywhere between 1/4th of a stash and half of it.
>wrong
Funny how you picked spellcasters as examples when dex and str normally spam one skill several support gems and auras. But of course you'd either ignore that or simply lie that's not the case.
>>
>>386595952
That makes way more sense, thanks
>>
>>386595975

>Then there are the divination cards, then there are the prophecies, they just keep adding more and more because they know it will keep forcing people to buy more tabs.

Not the same anon but first time I legitimately started running out of free stash space was during Legacy league but thats pretty much it.
>>
>>386592802
>no minion build
>doesn't know about the blood minion build
>>
>>386595459
Of course you won't argue, you have no argument, their balance is all retarded, it's a common complaint of everyone that plays the game, they regularly nerf a build to the ground and we both know how the reaction for that is on actually full fledged games. The only reason why people put up with this is because the game is free, that's it.
>>
>>386584474
No end game.
>>
>>386596168
I heard that wasn't a viable endgame build.
>>
>>386596171

>The only reason why people put up with this is because the game is free, that's it.

And the fact even mediocre builds can get you to the end game, they just do it slower. Thats one important factor why the nerfs weren't as much of a hindrance to the game as they would've been in others.
>>
>>386589594
Did the same. Level 78 paladin struggling through hell. Just gotta get some more resistances
>>
>>386596246
What's end game to you?
>>
File: 1500418564575.jpg (132KB, 795x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1500418564575.jpg
132KB, 795x1036px
>>386596171
>Of course you won't argue, you have no argument
You're the one without an argument.
>games should be completely free because I say so!
>this game is free to play quality, not gonna elaborate why!
>nerfing cookie cutter builds is wrong because I can't be arsed to play anything that isn't easy mode!
LMAO kid.
>>
>>386596343
That's not true though, builds like the sanic ranger/shadow simply disappeared with the changes on the skill tree. People simply wouldn't put up with that if the game wasn't free.
>>
>>386596628
Pushing ladders, that literally it.
>>
>>386596223
The end game is repeating the same content over and over on different difficulties to get more rng loot. Based Blizzard created a game you can literally play forever.
>>
>>386596774

That has always been the problem of PoE, every time the skill tree changes significantly, it guts some build while buffs others. Like when Lifesteal got nerfed.
>>
>>386596645
Several games are 100% free and still make money
I have elaborated why in several posts
>cookie cutter builds
More like NOT cookie cutter builds, the actual ones used by streamers which get used by every single braindead kid remain the same.
>anime shitposter
Of course.
>>
>>386588161
10 free acts, six new free acts replacing repetition.
>>
>>386596987
it doesn't help that every time they change it , it gets worse.
>>
>>386589303
if you run a hardcore character it might be somewhat interesting
>>
Its just more of the same diablo 3 in a different skin
Doesnt help the dominate build relies on using 2 different 2 minute cooldowns
>>
File: skellies.png (782KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
skellies.png
782KB, 800x600px
>>386593904
what do you mean I love my d2 summonmancer
>>
>>386596862
Well you build the necro around using blood minions with the Trag'oul set compounded with Jesseth Arms set. This is further increased by the use of Krysbin's Sentence and the use of ice skills to boost damage further. You'll have slots open after this so pick what you want after that.
>>
>>386593904
D2 skele necro could beat uber trist with less good gear than any other character in the game.

>But since you never played the class you wouldn't know
>>
>>386593904
>essentially permanent
they aren't permanent stop trying to make it sound like they last 10 minutes
>>
>>386597073
You mean f2p games that rely solely on cosmetics to stustain themself? Those are rare and only really sustainable if the game is either popular, or it's fanbase consists of retarded whales who buy everything.
>More like NOT cookie cutter builds, the actual ones used by streamers which get used by every single braindead kid remain the same.
Steamers were running Blade Vortex and it got nerfed even twice I think. I mean it's still decent from what I heard, but it's no longer run by 50% of the players.
>Of course.
How else am I going to reply to shit tier b8 or what passes for it? Just because you're on an anonymous imageboard doesn't mean I can't call you out on the kind of unfiltered garbage that would make anybody think "What a fucking retard" in real life.
>Nah it has the quality of a free to play game
I mean come fucking on. If I was equally retarded I would reply with "Well that just makes D3 a full price flash game".
>>
>>386593904
>he never even had an enigma
lol
>>
File: 1501875928709.jpg (29KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
1501875928709.jpg
29KB, 500x399px
>>386584474
>$15
>for a new class and nothing else

no fucking wonder they ditched it
>>
>>386597675

>"Well that just makes D3 a full price flash game".

Bad analogy because thats what D3 essentially is.
>>
>>386595616
Literally any tabletop RPG from that era you swine.
That is what developers from the golden age grew up on - in depth though somewhat cumbersome mechanics, personalized storytelling that had strong lore, and at the center of it was playing with ACTUAL REAL LIFE FRIENDS.
>>
>>386597675
>You mean f2p games that rely solely on cosmetics to stustain themself?
You say like that's a bad thing when PoE it'self does this. And they are not that rare, not anymore.
>Steamers were running Blade Vortex and it got nerfed even twice I think. I mean it's still decent from what I heard, but it's no longer run by 50% of the players.
Look at the other skills the streamers were using man, they are still there and still have the problem of being the same min/max builds that people pick without a thought.

>"what you posted is retarded but I kinda agree with you"
Please just stop this is getting ridiculous at this point, stuff like the currency/stash scheme does not fly on paid games like D3 that's why they were forced to add more recently, stuff like the nerfs and skill tree rework don't fly because people would make sure the name of the company would be ruined like on Torchlight 2, people eat this shit up on PoE because it's an all around acceptable game that is free.

> If I was equally retarded I would reply with "Well that just makes D3 a full price flash game"
then you're doubly retarded because D3 is WORSE than some flahs games out there, to the point where it has even less content.
>>
File: 1446877948579.png (176KB, 458x438px) Image search: [Google]
1446877948579.png
176KB, 458x438px
>>386598259
>books on game design
>tabletop RPG rulebook
Y-you're not actually this retarded... a-are you? Anon ??
>>
>>386598527
>You say like that's a bad thing when PoE it'self does this. And they are not that rare, not anymore.
Everybody who is playing PoE for an extended amount of time is most likely going to buy 1-2 stash tab bundles. It's a pretty much guaranteed kind of income for the dev.
The amount of player who are going to buy costmetic stuff is much lower.
>Please just stop this is getting ridiculous at this point, stuff like the currency/stash scheme does not fly on paid games like D3 that's why they were forced to add more recently
Well yes, because people paid full price for that, duh.
>stuff like the nerfs and skill tree rework don't fly because people would make sure the name of the company would be ruined like on Torchlight 2, people eat this shit up on PoE because it's an all around acceptable game that is free.
Stuff like that "does fly" because most people are playing in leagues and most people don't care about their non-league character getting nerfed since at that point they are already playing a new character the league that has just started.
>then you're doubly retarded because D3 is WORSE than some flahs games out there, to the point where it has even less content
You just can't turn of your hyperbole, can you?
>>
>>386598259
This is actually true. Tabletop RPGs were an evolution of the wargame which were grounded in actual history. Most tabletop RPG players happen to be well versed in history and mythology.
>>
>>386599272
They still rely on cosmetics my point is that it's stupid for you to criticize games that rely solely on cosmetics while defending poe.
>Well yes, because people paid full price for that, duh
So you admit that poe has a F2P quality, you are literally agreeing with my point.
>Stuff like that "does fly" because most people are playing in leagues and most people don't care about their non-league character getting nerfed since at that point they are already playing a new character the league that has just started.
Of course not, it literally has to do with the fact that people get less attached to game balance when it's a F2P game.
>You just can't turn of your hyperbole, can you?
It's not an hyperbole, there are flash games with more content than D3.
>>
>tfw want to play PoE
>everyone on /v/ shills it to the point of where it gets annoying
>get turned off
I just want to play autismic grinding games, why do you fucks try to ruin it?
>>
>>386600257
The problem is you spending too much time on /v/ and not enough playing games, not us.
>>
>>386600356
It's mostly due to the fact that I find ARPGs fun, but better with groups. At the same time though, if you try to talk about any fucking ARPG that isn't PoE, the shills come out in full force, making it irritating as fuck.
>>
>>386599752
What does any of that have to do with game design?
>>
>>386600212
>They still rely on cosmetics my point is that it's stupid for you to criticize games that rely solely on cosmetics while defending poe.
I never criticized them though.
>So you admit that poe has a F2P quality, you are literally agreeing with my point.
Not agreeing at all.
>Of course not, it literally has to do with the fact that people get less attached to game balance when it's a F2P game.
No that's just stupid. Most of the long time PoE players have spend a decent amount on the game (some even buy every supporter pack of every league), you don't stick that long to a game if it has "shit balance".
>It's not an hyperbole, there are flash games with more content than D3.
Like what? Same level of graphical detail (it's not what people where expecting from a D2 successor, but the visuals were good on their own)?
>>
>>386593169
You glossed over the best part. Chibi invited the guy who found the skip to watch his stream where he was going to cheat the skip.
>>
>>386600478
I don't know, I remember some nice and cozy Grim Dawn threads.

I keep changing back and forth from PoE to GD whenever the ARPG itch strikes me and it's been good times.
>>
>>386600735
Grim Dawn is a shitload of fun, but if I ever try to make a thread about it, it either dies because it isn't PoE related, or PoEfags shitpost. I don't necessarily think PoE is a bad game, but it has a really annoying community.
>>
File: but not forgotten.jpg (569KB, 1000x573px) Image search: [Google]
but not forgotten.jpg
569KB, 1000x573px
Anyone who played through diablo 2 more than once knew how boring the skellemancer actually was. I don't know how these necromancer fans became so vocal.
Bone necromancer was pretty cool though.
And anyway my biggest problem with diablo 3 when i last played was having limited skills, on top of needing to dedicate active skill slots to buff shit that should actually be passive like summons.
>>
>>386600617
>Not agreeing at all.
If you admit that the PoE does things that wouldn't be considered acceptable in a paid game then you are admitting there's a dip quality because the game is free, there's no way around that.
>No that's just stupid. Most of the long time PoE players have spend a decent amount on the game (some even buy every supporter pack of every league), you don't stick that long to a game if it has "shit balance".
It's not though, the majority of the players don't buy anything which is the reason why there's no major outcry from the community when shit like that happens. The people who buy the packs actually criticize them, like when it was revealed that they used the money from that to make a console version instead of hiring more people to create actual content for the game.
>Like what?
Creeper world, infectonator, and if you pick browser games in general not the ones using only flash you even get shit like spiral knights. D3 has a VERY low amount of content that actually got reduced when RoS came out because the storymode for example is non existent at this point.

So you get a game with no story, re-used assets, no objective and that's it. You play one hour of D3 you have seen everything the game has to offer.
>>
D2 heroes played differently from each other. Each had its own style, some more, some less.
D3 heroes play exactly the same and the set bonus all do basically the same thing. Making a new hero didn't work because it's the same gameplay with a different model.
>>
>>386600995
PoEfags complain about how boring GD is when PoE is just as bad.
>>
>>386601304
I never understood how people think GD is boring. It has a lot of neat bits and pieces of lore that you find, and it's probably one of my favorite examples of a post-apocalyptic scenario, even though it's set in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>386601237
What dip in quality?

You missed entirely what the game is about.

>those flash games
I can't believe I stayed up till 3:30am for this shit. Well played anon, you got me.
>>
>>386601304
PoE is bad until you get your build going, and then it's great.
GD is like playing PoE without support gems and the passive tree. It's painfully boring.
>>
>>386590865

Twitch streamers like Alkaizer quitting his Necromancer just when Season 11 started for PoE and Kripp streaming PoE is just a bad look for Diablo 3.

It won't impact sales but it causes the community to question why previous hardcore Diablo 3 players jump ship for PoE.
>>
>>386601614
A good part of the game is collecting items for the recipes and collecting the currencies to craft your items, you NEED the stashes for that and you would have way more than 4 in any non F2P game, it is a dip in quality as far as any player is concerned.
>>
>>386601614
Oh and those mentioned games do have more content than D3 specially creeper world 2 and spiral knights.
>>
>>386600559
Most of the earliest PC games created were by professors at universities that were avid wargamers and roleplayers. Games like Empire and Adventure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Bright
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Crowther_(programmer)
>>
>>386593909
Aura necro is kill.
>>
How many ARPGs are out there with viable full summon builds?
>>
>>386603098
PoE, Grim Dawn, Diablo 2.
>>
>>386597576
>Hmm. This sounds interesting. Let me see what the gameplay is like.
>guy just spamming amp damage and standing around while his skeletons whittle away at the uber
>sometimes a whole 10 or so demons show up

woah... so this is the power... of nostalgia....

I'm so glad I never grinded 5000 hours to see this shit, lmao
>>
>>386597073
shit gets nerfed all the time in multiplayer games, payed for or not
>>
>>386604182
the grind in d3 is no smaller rofl
>>
>>386602645
So what? Wheres the relevance? He talked about game design material of the 80s and 90s. Can someone fucking refer me to that material.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.