[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things SWITCH needs to have before you even think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: online saves.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
online saves.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
I'll start with one of the most obvious and critical features the Switch lacks that is a deal-breaker for me.
I have around 5 other deal-breakers but I'm sure you guys will post them.
>>
>>386582940
>Not having paid online is a deal breaker
I got good news for ya buddy
>>
>like the idea of a switch
>the games seem fun
>don't want to actually pay for games
I'll look into a switch when it's jailbroken I guess.
>>
Needs to price match the most expensive 3DS before I will buy one. Being the same price as a ps4 slim is just stupid. It's weaker!
>>
>>386583079
>like the idea of owning a ferrari
>seems really enjoyable to drive it
>don't want to pay for it
Maybe I'll just see if I can steal one somewhere I guess
>>
>>386582940
Games
>>
>>386582940
Don't worry, I'll never think of buying one
>>
>>386583249
bix nood my nigga
>>
>>386583059
I think he meant a cloud server for your storages
>>
>>386582940
Games.
>>
>>386583350
... That require paid online to use
>>
>>386582940
Limiting what you can do with your save data has been going on for a while and I really hate it. Trophies/achievements were a mistake.
>>
>>386583350
*for your saves

Fuck

>>386583382
On console, yes.
Maybe Nintendo will make it free or whatever.
I mean, PS+ gave you "free" games while Xbox Gold just allowed you to play online
>>
>>386583620
What are you talking about?
>>
>>386583059
>>386583382
Are you falseflagging or not aware that the Switch also has paid online?
Also, even if you don't have PS+ you can at least transfer saves to a USB or HDD, unlike the Switch where they are stored in the unit's memory and can NOT be moved to an SD card, so if you lose, break or need to repair that part all your saves are gone.

I won't ever buy a Switch until they change that.
>>
>>386583236
Nintendo's selling the Switch at just barely above what they cost to make. If they sold it for any less, they'd be taking a loss on each one sold.
>>
>>386582940
>tfw your ps broke and plus ran out while it was gone for repair so you lost all your saves when you got it back
>>
>>386583620
>Limiting
Limiting in what way, exactly? You can do whatever the fuck you want with Xbone/PS4 saves.
How are they related to trophies? Why even bring that up? Have you ever actually touched a Sony or MS system before?
The only company that currently limits your saves is Nintendo.
>>
>>386583805
Some games will not let you backup a save or transfer across profiles. It started happening a lot with PS3. One of the benefits of the original PS+ was to be able to cloud backup saves that they wouldn't let you back up normally. Gamecube also did it with F-Zero so you couldn't cheat the arcade character unlocks.
>>
>>386583249
kill yourself
>>
Games.
Current gen tech.
Games.
Practical battery life.
Games.
Third party support.
Games.
Proper non-scratch dock.
Games.
>>
>>386584106
Not him, but that's what any normal console manufacturer does. IIRC PS4 cost Sony $50 per unit on launch, they were losing money but it was a necessary step to outsell the competition and that money is paid back as soon as the PS4 owner buys a year of PS+ or buys more than 4 games.

And looking at Switch peripherals it seems pretty obvious they are overpricing everything. Their controller costs $10-15 more than other consoles and they sell a plastic dock for $90. Not to mention they cheaped out on storage (32gb is laughable) as well as the TegraX1 which I'm sure was over-stocked and sold very cheap to Nintendo since barely anyone else was buying those old pieces of shit.
You are being very naive if you think a Switch actually costs Nintendo $300/330€ to manufacture, in fact I'm pretty sure they said they are still earning money per unit even on launch, which is incredibly arrogant, especially when you launch your console 3+ years late into a generation.

What usually happens is that a company loses $50 to $100 per unit on launch in order to quickly sell them, and then they match the price with the first "secret" revision a year or so later, and after that they launch a "slim" version to finally get a profit per unit. But the focus is never getting a profit on consoles sold, it's getting people into their ecosystem and spending money there (on games, services, paid online, etc). Nintendo is just a super jew that wants profits from hardware even at launch.
>>
>>386583249
Dude, pirating game isnt stealing and noone realy loses anything. You get the game and can use the money on better and more important shit like drugs and beer
>>
>>386584109
>I don't know what I'm talking about
Your saves aren't deleted. As soon as you get PS+ again you can get them back. At worst they'll cost you $4 for a month of PS+ and you recover everything.
And you can also ignore Cloud Storage and simply use a USB to store your saves for free, unlike the Switch where you can't even transfer them to a SD card. If your console is gone for whatever reason so are your saves, and I BET at that point you'd REALLY WISH there was an option to pay $4 to get them back.
>>
>>386584106
I don't really care what it costs them, I only care what it costs me. Not only that, but consoles are frequently sold at or below costs.
>>
>>386585000
Yeah Switch's price is fucking retarded.
Nintendo is the Apple of the console market, for comparison:
-A New3DSXL is only 40€ cheaper than a PS4 where I live.
-I could buy TWO PS4's for the price of a Switch + accessory (like Pro Controller, or SD card)
>>
>>386585201
>Nintendo is the Apple of the console market
What a nonsense comparison, apple is not sought out for its first party software, Sony is more like the Apple of the console market
>€
I see
>>
>>386585471
>€
>I see
First of all the same would apply to the US market, PS4 is constantly on discount or bundled nowadays, you can easily buy 2 of them for nearly the price of a Switch and a mandatory accessory.
Secondly, it's yet another sign of Nintendo's jew pricing. PS4/Xbone launch at the "same" prices in EU $400/400€, in PS4's case. But no, Nintendo needs to push those extra 30€ for no reason even though 300€ is already more than $300.

>What a nonsense comparison, apple is not sought out for its first party software
I was clearly comparing Nintendo with Apple relative to the way they overprice things, not sure why you'll pulling that out of your ass for no reason. But even then you're wrong, how is Apple NOT known for its 1st party software? The nuts that buy apple products do it partially because of iOS and macOS as well as other Apple-related applications and programs.
>>
>>386584106
I'll need sauce on that claim. I bought a Switch, I like it very much, but I doubt very much it costs almost as much as 250-300$ to make.
>>
inb4 someone says netflix or internet browser or some other meaningless shit
>>
>>386587056
>I don't understand American prices: the post
>>
File: 170502e_Page_3.png (75KB, 1654x2339px) Image search: [Google]
170502e_Page_3.png
75KB, 1654x2339px
>>386587584
It's mentioned in Nintendo's financial data. It doesn't mention exact numbers, but president reported to shareholders that the price is set just enough to stay out of the red.

Teardowns estimate the manufacturing cost of the Switch to be around $257. The retail price is $300, but that's with retailer markup. The stores have to make money after paying Nintendo for the consoles. Nintendo does not actually get $300 per Switch sold.
>>
>>386587056
Can you sonybros for once not shit up threads that are not about sony?
Just go watch some movies on your gaystation
>>
>>386582940
F-zero
It's simple. I've been saying it for months before it came out
Give an f-zero with decent online, and I'll buy a switch
Don't, and I won't.
>>
>>386583717
>Maybe Nintendo will make it free or whatever.
it's not 2006 anymore, dumbass.
>>
>>386588419
You are the one shitting up the thread by not adding anything useful to your post. What I said about PS4's price also applies to Xbone (which I also mentioned, in case you're partially blind)
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.