[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has Blizzard been avoiding plot points about the UED returning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: scremasteredlogoart.jpg (234KB, 1854x927px) Image search: [Google]
scremasteredlogoart.jpg
234KB, 1854x927px
Why has Blizzard been avoiding plot points about the UED returning?

Also Starcraft thread
>>
File: 23b0b351dc2559122f7323e769af96b9.jpg (315KB, 2560x1380px) Image search: [Google]
23b0b351dc2559122f7323e769af96b9.jpg
315KB, 2560x1380px
>>386579012
StarCraft 2 didn't happen it was just a nightmare go back to sleep.
>>
>>386579254
This
>>
Kinda confused on the finer points of this remaster. We know its basically a graphics mod for the original game, and that people playing remaster can play with people playing the free version.

But if I am reading Blizzard's announcements right matchmaking and other new modes will be restricted to the remaster yeah?
>>
>>386579254

whew. thats a releif
>>
File: Vector.locked.in.gif (1MB, 180x193px) Image search: [Google]
Vector.locked.in.gif
1MB, 180x193px
it really fucking depresses me to think how shit SC2 was compared to SC1
>>
>>386581106
I don't know what other modes you mean but yes matchmaking is only for the remaster, you can play with people on the free version through custom games
>>
I will never understand how someone can prefer Sc1 over Sc2, apart from story and art design/atmosphere (which is subjective) the gameplay of Sc2 is superior in every way, unless you like watching instead of playing in that case the 12 unit selection and all the other old game nonsense is a benefit since it makes for a more interesting game to watch people play.
>>
this game looks great

but it's Blizzard, so what's the catch?

>>386583439
>unless you like watching instead of playing in that case the 12 unit selection and all the other old game nonsense is a benefit since it makes for a more interesting game to watch people play.

you nailed it from a spectator perspective. SC2 is a fucking bore.

I wouldn't call the gameplay of SC2 superior either, it's streamlined so much to the point of triviality.
>>
>>386583439

The main non story complaint for campaign is the lack of destroy the enemy base missions with it actually crippling the enemies when you do it.

LotV in particular barks at you to stay out of enemy bases and uses preset waves so killing their bases does nothing. While I'm not a fan of the mission length for episode 5 and 6, seeing the enemy waves get smaller as I smash their bases was great.
>>
>>386583684
I actually liked that aspect of the campaign, I've never finished an RTS campaign because every mission was the usual "destroy the enemy base", if I wanted to just do that then I would play 1v1 skirmish against a bot.

But we've all got different preferences so I can understand why you didn't like it, for me personally it was nice to have different objectives for every mission.
>>
File: 1484273441927.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1484273441927.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>386579254
I mean I kinda liked the gameplay, like the special units and so on but holy shit the goddamn story.
>>
File: 235.jpg (20KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
235.jpg
20KB, 450x253px
>>386579254
>>386581224

No it was real and the story for sc2 sucked ass.
>>
>>386584234

Is it a surprise that the most popular character from each campaign is something out of SC1?
>>
>>386583439
wtf?

I hated SC2 for the mega deathballs. The deathballs were because you can select an infinite amount of units and huddle them together.

It was lazy and it made strategy mid to lategame non-existent.
>>
>>386584347
Tychus Findlay was good tho
>>
>>386584503

I was referring to him, Abby, and Alarack.
>>
>Stukov and Kerrigan discuss Duran in HoTs
>At no point do they ever say it was Duran despite both of them knowing him from BW

Annoyed the shit out of me.
>>
>>386584550
>>386584503
It kinda makes me mad that we got special missions for that cunt nova but not for tychus, alarak and abathur.

Also can someone tell me there's a torrent with her missions in?
>>
any good commentators on youtube?
used to watch klazart but holy shit thats long ago
>>
>>386584767

Well Tychus is dead and Abathur had his post Amon story in a book. Alarack and Stukov are the only commanders they can really do something with and neither of them are hot blondes in catsuits voiced by Catwoman.
>>
>>386584819

Lowko is alright.
>>
>>386584920
>Tychus is dead
That never stopped any company or writer out there. There are several ways he could come back either as a cyborg or as an infected unit, or even both.
>>
>>386584819
>any good commentators on youtube?

Literally, no.
>>
>>386583439
>the gameplay of Sc2 is superior in every way, unless you like watching instead of playing in that case the 12 unit selection and all the other old game nonsense is a benefit since it makes for a more interesting game to watch people play.

I'm casual as fuck but I couldn't get into SC2 because of the unit design. There's literally no unit comp in the game I want to build and use.

Whereas because broodwar was designed as a fun game foremost, there's plenty of fun OP units to build that weren't designed as some watered down safe esports-filler role like the roach and the marauder. Also because the overpowered traits of the races were so different you constantly have this grass is greener feeling and you frequently switch races to keep things fresh. I mostly stuck with terran in SC2.

And although I liked how SC2 was way less frustrating to interface with, they went too far with automating actions that weren't frustrating at all to begin with. Also deathballs with insane DPS isn't fun to play. Your game comes down to one decisive battle thats over as fast as it starts.
>>
>>386585132

There was that theory that Jim just shot Tycus's com device.
>>
File: A GOOD DAY.jpg (27KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A GOOD DAY.jpg
27KB, 1280x720px
>>386582046
Everybody's gotta die sometime, Red.
>>
>>386586936
Yeah that would be fine as well, I've seen blizzard pull out shittier explanations.

Tbh I really liked starcraft 2 if only because the mix between the cool missions and slowly customizing your units is pretty unique for a rts, I can only think of one other game that did something similar.

Maybe that's what the RTS genre needs, more focus on missions and less focus on the autistic competitive modes.
>>
>>386584459
>The deathballs were because you can select an infinite amount of units and huddle them together.

I think unit selection gets too much of the blame

The biggest problem is the perfectly efficient school-of-fish unit pathing. Unit's don't block or stutter on each other at all. They also don't try to keep an existing formation when they move, they just turn into a ball. So even if you took the time to arrange your units, you lose it anyway.

Also the economics forced the optimal strategy to be turtling on 3 base until max then have one decisive battle. So the deathball is even bigger and even more boring than it should have been.

They should never do it because it would surely trainwreck the balance, but I don't think brood war's battles would be all that less exciting with infinite unit selection, just less impressive because army control separates good from great players.
>>
>>386583439
Some of the most exciting matches in Starcraft history were between players like Flash and Jaedong in the brood war days. SC2 is ONE OF THE WORST things to happen to the franchise.
>>
>>386588380
Exactly as I said, sc1 is a good game to watch, but the actual gameplay of sc2 is a lot better, I don't know about you but I'd rather have my "deathballs" than having to use 6 control groups just to move forward my army.

It's not like sc2 is only deathballs since early and mid game you have to harass your opponent to gain an economic advantage while at the same time defending yourself from the opponent's harassment.

The deathballs only come in play lategame and that's fine, the lategame is more about positioning and using correctly your units like placing storms at the right spot or using force fields to your advantage etc...

The skill ceiling is not as high as sc1 but remember a game should be fun first and an esport second.
>>
I mostly prefer SC2. But I wish the Zerg wouldn't need a queen. And the protoss wouldn't need the mother ship core. Those should be optional.
>>
>>386586661
If the deathballs bore you then you shouldn't play passive all game until you get 200/200 and then attack, you should actually try some fun builds to keep pressuring your opponent and win through an economic advantage.

I don't know what to say about the unit design, I like it better than broodwar's units, for example the stalker is more fun to use with it's blink ability but I understand that we all have different preferences.
>>
>>386589975
Not him, but I think a lot of Protoss units are fairly ugly. Especially Stalkers, Oracles, Sentrys, the Mothership Core and Disruptors.

That's the biggest reason why I avoid playing Protoss.
>>
>>386590143
The only thing I don't like about the unit design is the inconsitency with the unit colors, the stalkers are blue while the majority of the other units along with the structure themselves are yellow, I think a stalker with a yellow reskin would look a lot better but apart from that I like the models themselves in fact protoss is my main race.
>>
>>386590387

That's because the stalkers belong to a different faction of Protoss.
>>
>>386590387
>>386591719
They should just get a dragoon skin.

And instead of teleportation you make it a spider jump.
>>
>>386591719
I know I finished the campaign twice but frankly I don't care much about the story when playing the multiplayer so lore aside I don't like how the theme of some units are different, like all terran and zerg units all have the same theme and colors meanwhile some protoss unit "themes" look like they don't fit in with the design of the rest of the units and structures.
>>
>>386591924
It would be pretty awesome if you could make your own unit composition in multiplayer, just like in single player and by picking coop commanders.
>>
>>386592156
That would be nice but if they ever implement something like that they need to have it as a separate mode for the people that would rather have everyone be the same.
>>
>>386592156
That you can pick free-form races in unranked multiplayer.
>>
>>386584646
It was kind of annoying but in LotV Stukov calls him Duran and pretty much says the fight is personal for killing [Stukov] that first time
>>
File: 1496113820057.jpg (49KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
1496113820057.jpg
49KB, 479x479px
Narud=Duran=Adun
>>
File: thelordandsaviorofSC.jpg (341KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thelordandsaviorofSC.jpg
341KB, 1280x720px
Will he make SC great again /v/?
>>
>>386579012
sc2 was better. fuck the un-intuitive control setup and lack of limitless control groups. grid keys were a god send

fite me
>>
>>386595335
Why would I fight you for having good taste?

Sc1 shitters can go back to watching their esport trash
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.