[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit what a fucking waste of time. I couldnt even make it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 38

Holy shit what a fucking waste of time. I couldnt even make it through the classroom scene.
WHAT
THE
FUCK
How do people like this shit?
A bitchy highschool girl simulator?

(just got it bc is was free recently, aitn gonna pay money for this crap)
>>
File: 1499848196585.jpg (55KB, 1207x899px) Image search: [Google]
1499848196585.jpg
55KB, 1207x899px
>>386574417
>Plays for 5 minutes
>Thinks he knows enough about the game to pass judgement on it
>>
>>386574417
ok.
>>
>>386574417
>How to people like different things?
>Things I, MYSELF, don't like at all, even?!
Are you literally 5 years old?
>>
>>386574898
first impressions my friend.

They claimed the game was about decisions and every decision counts, however the only decision i could make was to choose at what item to look first
>>
File: salad.jpg (76KB, 358x477px) Image search: [Google]
salad.jpg
76KB, 358x477px
>>386574898
>plays the whole thing
>is shit
>lol if is bad why did you played for so long?
>>
>>386575518
I didn't say that you mental gymnastic using fuck.
>>
File: 1498007294413.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498007294413.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>386575452
LMAO, 5 minutes isn't enough to form ANY kind of meaningful impression, dumbass.
>>
>>386574417
>Holy shit what a fucking waste of time. I couldnt even make it through the classroom scene

Casual.
>>
>>386575956
lol this game is absolute casual shit. wheres the challenge?
>>
File: 1369773876217.jpg (94KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1369773876217.jpg
94KB, 600x450px
overhyped waifu-based point and click adventure
>>
>>386574417
people "ironic like" this game, is shit and you get nothing out of it
>>
>>386576535
seriously?
>>
just marathoned all 5 episodes of this

what did i think of it?

just kidding, probably one of the best games i've ever played, i can't stop thinking about it
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 1080x1080px
>>386576031
Not every media you consume requires one. You miss the point entirely.

Because not every game people pick up needs to be exactly the same things you alwyas see in everyones top 10 steam list. When i play something like LiS im not looking for the same experince as when i play Resident Evil 4 or Bloodborne ir even Harvest Moon.

I liked LiS for the slower pace, the rustic feel. The way it was shot, the artstyle, and very much the music. It was a break from the other games that i play and i find it odd that consuming diffrent kinds of things within certain media even warrents explenation. In anycase if you still don't understand this, know that there is a larger world of vidya outside of /v/ and that it IS a succesful game that is getting two sequels. If /v/ decides to unanimously hate it (it doesn't) then know that /v/ contributes only a very small voice on this particular subject and often, judging from all the bandwagon meme excuses for talking about why it's bad all day in every thread. I defy you to find any fool that proudly proclaims the game as "SJW and literally tumblr" to explain why in just THREE examples that cannot be refuted.
>>
>>386576780
About "it" anon?, or about her?
>>
>>386577157
where there any other opportunities to lez out with chloe outside of the dare kiss?

if so, i've messed up my playthrough, cus the bedroom dare kiss was all i got
>>
>>386577265
None. Max makes some confesion to her atraction to Chloe in her diary, but that's as far as it goes. We must remember however, girls do ahare a different affection with memebers of the same sex than men usually do. It ia not, unusual for perfectly straight girls to kiss each other or touch each other whilst not going all the way. Have you never been in a nightclub and your girlfriends or girl mates will get heavy with each other or even kiss simply for affection or attention of boys without ever having actual sex with their female friends. When i was young, i knew girls who would stay out all night kissing boys, and if any mark was left, would actually resort to the excuse "me and sarah were just fooling around, we thought it was funny" to their concerned mothers. They just said "oh, i kiss my friends who are girls.
>>
>>386577780
I thought as much, i just wasn't entirely sure if there were other opportunities to it.

I certainly know what you mean about how women often just display affection differently, i suppose the ambiguity as to whether or not the feelings extend just past a mutual platonic adoration for each other or whether it would ever become something more is quite nice, not everything needs to be obviously stated i suppose
>>
>>386577054
finally a sane answer.

However, i still cant grasp the goal of the game.. whats the point? Just nice scenematics?
>>
File: 1462563511208.jpg (1MB, 1280x1878px) Image search: [Google]
1462563511208.jpg
1MB, 1280x1878px
Who is hella hyped for the prequel?
>>
>>386578074
>i still cant grasp the goal of the game..
The goal was to tell a story, the relationship between max and chloe as they dealt with shit happening in their town. That was it. Its basically just an interactive visual novel.
>>
>>386577265
they purely love each other, there's no perv shit

>>386577780
anon the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>386578234
Then why claim 'you decisions matter'?

Its like a book where i get to choose to not read some pages
>>
>>386578030
I sometimes wonder if all girls have a degree of "bi-curious" about them. I have dated one girl who was "bi" and they always make the loudest noise but never actually date/fuck a girl in my experince (more posturing i feel) and then i have dated completely straight girls, one who admmited, whem we were discussing what was clearly a lesbian in a nightclub with multiple girlfriends, who was so beautiful, even my girlfriend could admit "you know, im not gay, but i could imagine having something with that girl, could you?"
>>
I played until the end of episode 4 and had zero desire to go back. I liked some characters (Kate, David, Frank and the skater Bros and pregnant cheerleader.) But those are all side characters. I couldn't stand Chloe from episode 1 and I started hating Max more and more since episode 2.

Honestly I feel like I made the right choice, since everything I've seen and heard of 5 it somehow got worse.
>>
>>386577780
>>386578030
>>386578402
Wtf Your slutty stories about slutty people does have anything to do with this game though

to game, dare kiss triggers Max's being aware of her developing love for Chloe. even if you avoided she says she didn't like to be its being a dare, and regrets that she didn't kiss her afterwards and she could do it if she dares her again. Then nightmare scene happened, where she started to realize she got hurt seeing her with other people.
>>
>>386578394
>'you decisions matter'
i mean some decisions do matter and you do get a different ending based on what you ultimately choose at the end but, the devs kind of misled with exactly how much choice there was. I mean you can choose to
save kate or not, make up with certain people etc etc

But if you think about it, the whole point of the story was that no matter how hard she tried to change things or choose another result, she couldnt escape her vision. It reminded me of the butterfly effect.

Maybe, and its unlikely, the devs intended for people to realize that in the end some of their choices didnt actually matter.
>>
Playing episode 3.
Its not good this far.
i like the idea on an adventure based on decisions and their outcome.
However, having played more than half of the game nothing I have done so far ever mattered in anything, just minor details that have no consequence whatsoever.
Only things that changed on ething are beign or not an asshole to Kate.
Also main characters personalities are pèretty bad, Chloe beign simply unseffarable and Max beign just clichè artsy introverted girl.
Also i hate-HATE her voice acting. She has the most bland voice acting ever.

I love the Ost, and the color palette is nice.

the art style is really bad, it tried to be both realistic and "artsy", and fails. Should have stick to either one.

my friends keep telling me the plot will get better, because so far nothing of importance has happened outside of "nathan drugs girls lel".

I like the comfy atmoshpere and it has a couple of cute moments.

the gameplay is null and void, reqind puzzles are beyond basics, its like thy are not even there and its such a fucking waste, it had a lot of potential.

So far its a 6/10.
nice atmosphere, some good ideas but its incredibly boring.
>>
>>386578637
i've never understand these ''hey straight girls kiss each other it's normal'' type of people though, admit it there are romance in there, do it or not.
I'm hetero girl and no I don't kiss my friends or develop any romance to them for fuck's sake.
>>
>>386578074
>whats the point? Just nice scenematics?

Prehaps. Whatever the case may be, LiS is not unuiqe, but it is "sucessful and ia still discussed. Even here, where a small group of anons feel that cannot be allowed. I say, as a long time poster of this board, that while we do have a certain board culture, a certain expectation of mindset, never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity when discussing a hobby we enjoy. If it IS bad, state reasons and arguments without memes. If we really are better than the casuals, then we will be open to vhanging our position on wether we like a game or not or if a game has merit or not on those arguments.
>>
File: 1501802582383.jpg (4KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
1501802582383.jpg
4KB, 168x192px
>>386575452
>>386576031
>>386576535
>>386576780
>>386577054
>Game

Also anyone who unironically says hella or wowser needs to kill themselves for the good of society.
>>
>>386574417
happened to me aswell when I first picked it up, but I gave it a second try some months afterwards and it gets better.
>>
>>386578241
>anon the hell are you talking about

Depends, i said a lot.
>>
>>386578887
i mean none of them relevant with this game, that's why i asked
>>
File: image.jpg (295KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295KB, 1280x720px
>>386578827
Many games about teenagers and what "teenagers say" is hammy at best, LiS is nor uniuqe. In fact poorly written scripts is so far the norm even in praised game seties such as MGS.

People complain that "old men shouldn't write young people" but what would you have? A game developed by 16 year old kids? Remember that many, no MOST games suffer from this too. Pic related:
>>
>Browsing /vg/
>This (((game))) has a general
>530+ threads
>People openly admit they're going transexual because of this (((game)))
>Its literally a tumblr enclave
It's pretty fascinating really
>>
>>386577265
Diary implies many interpreation and shows her attraction towards Chloe no matter what you do. Canonically also gets jealous of Rachel amber from Chloe.. Chloe's seeing her in her future.

The one where you saved her, developer said they'll totally do that after that ending because it's been confirmed that they love each other, Max says it in her diary, or at least she was having fuzzy thoughts if you even didn't kiss her.

in the one where you sacrifice her, they may kiss, it was up to you to encourage Max by making some choices, but nightmare still confirms that she was falling in love with Chloe, she got guts to do it or not depending on prev choices. But it's still confirmed that it's official relationship of this game and loving each other. Devs' words.
>>
>>386579360
nice
>>
Life is strange sucked for me. Couldn't bring myself to get passed episode 3. It wasn't just me either, I play these type of decision games with my family and they thought the same. Ironically, I was the only one trying to trudge through it but gave up when I noticed no one was enjoying it.

The church girl jumped and we still barely cared. It sorta picked up when we found the step dads tapes of the school girls. Got us discussing if he was the bad guy or what. Other than that it was just not fun at all.
>>
>>386579290
Why you making many threads about this game fag? Where are the fucking MODS
>>
So this game is for people who didnt get enough of the "he said she said"-bullshit in highschool?
>>
This game makes me so nostalgic of my University days, especially with dat indie music soundtrack

Take me back, bros
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 1366x768px
>>386578992
The question was "are Max and Chloe gay" my point was that girls are often complicatedly bi leaning or affectionate about other girls. From a male perspective the idea that you are either gay, bi or straight is pretty black and white. Most of the time. Seems less that way for girls. Is Chloe gay?? But she has condoms in her pocket??
>>
>>386579540
Funny enough, this game barely has any high school drama, it's only for the first couple of episodes. Most of it is following mrs. blue haired tumblrina around until you kill her
>>
>>386579487
Not him anon, but what are you going to report him for? Discussing a video game?
>>
>>386579540
Most people that enjoyed this game were either women, fags, autists or tumbler sjw type people.
What you don't know is that I just described my friends that liked it.
>>
>Why are Kate and Warren at Chloe funeral? Kate doesn't know her, and in this timeline Warren never met Chloe. In fact, who are anyone of the people there? Chloe has no friends, and besides David and Chloe's mom, I though any adult would care.
>Does Max remember the events of the game?
>Max last name is Caulfield
>Why does the red herring actually fucking wear red? Did think they were being clever? Also Lighthouse.
>How did Max see the storm before she had her powers?
>How are selfies considered art?
>What kind of pretentious cunt actually submits that as a project about "Your Hero"? How the fuck does that actually win?
>Why does Max allow Chloe to be a cunt? Even when you call her out on it, Max forgets it in mere seconds.
>How are they supposed to make me believe that Max loves Chloe, when all I did was shit on Chloe during my playthrough?
>How come when Other Max tells The player Max that Chloe is basically a parasite and you need to ditch her, it never brought up again even if you agree with her?
>Why couldn't the game just end at the end of Episode 4?
>How does no one questions the fact that Max can teleport?
>Max has the powers of a god, and yet squanders it by helping legit cunt rather than help other people with real problems? The only real help she does is Save Kate, but she couldn't even use her powers because of Bullshit.
>Why can't Chloe ever take responsibility for her actions? MEN SHOULDN'T HAVE GUNS, MEN ARE THE PROBLEM. Proceeds to shoot herself and blames gun.
>STEALS FROM THE FUCKING HANDICAP
>Why is Chloe such a fucking cunt?
>How can anyone actually like Chloe?
>Why does Max have such shit taste?
>Why didn't you thank Hipster teacher for killing Chloe?
>How can Hipster Teacher 1v1 David?
>Who didn't see Hipster Teacher being the true mastermind coming?
>WHO THE FUCK ACTUALLY WANTED A PREQUEL FOR A CUNT?

And this coming from someone that actually likes the game. The game isn't bad, but its know where near as "deep" as people claim it is.
>>
>>386579279
Isn't Marie the only one who talks like that in persona though? Not that it isn't terrible but I don't remember anyone else as bad as her.

Honestly though anytime I hear either of those words It just reminds me of Chloe and Max, who I couldn't fucking stand.
>>
>>386579626
since she was depressed af that was her rebellious phase in past, boy-toy phase and she said she found all of them gross and stupid not serious, glad that this Rachel girl came along to rescue her.. in-game she genuinely shows her attraction to girls,boobs posters on the wall,despises the idea about being with any guy around there etc. so she's definitely into girls.
>>
>>386579762
How could you "like" the game when the game was 80% following Chloe? It's okay to not like games y'know, especially tumblr ones
>>
>>386579486
>I play these type of decision games with my family.

How does that work? Does one of you take the controls and you all decide on a choice together or what? What family members do you even play with?
>>
>>386579785
>Marie the only one who talks like that in persona though? Not that it isn't terrible but I don't remember anyone else as bad as her

Atlus felt they even had to change a voice actress entirley for the re-release of Persona 4 for Vita. The dialouge is hammy and shit, but it's okay, because the characters are endearing and its a video game so i don't want or expect shakespear.
>>
>>386579626
Max was bi before Chloe came along to her life, then she became in lesbians with her
>>
File: wowser.jpg (70KB, 770x472px) Image search: [Google]
wowser.jpg
70KB, 770x472px
Wowser!
>>
File: 2017-07-31_0808.png (167KB, 329x319px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-31_0808.png
167KB, 329x319px
How do y'all feel about getting hella btfo'd shaka bras?
>>
>>386579851
>she is deffo into girls

And maybe boys. The boob posters and condoms are equel evidence of bi-sexuality. I have a feeling however that BtS will push really hard that Chloe is gay af.
>>
>>386579762
Maybe she did know Kate? I guess if Kate or Warren appear in the prequel we'll know, though I imagine they'll be side characters with no relevance to the story, and Chloe can just have optional conversation's with them, or thoughts about them.
>>
>>386579626
nah nigga not using them anymore, even bus tickets are there so more likely left overs. because when you encounter with them she explains how her past phase was stupid,gross and when Max says she doesn't see her with any guy around there blu haired girl says she has a good eye that's why Rach came along to save her. i guess this explains everything
>>
File: maxflowers.jpg (148KB, 409x519px) Image search: [Google]
maxflowers.jpg
148KB, 409x519px
>>386580124

Max is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>386580201
She experimented because again she was seeing it as past phase and if she liked what she did wouldn't call it as ''stupid nor gross'' or wouldn't even bring up Rachel's name. It's not impossible her to being lesbiani,experimented,didn't like and game made it clear.

She also makes subtly joke about locker comment. When you chose Girls' locker she shows pleasure, if you chose boys she was like nah.Whenever you mention boys she says nah, idk.
>>
>>386580014
I play mostly with my siblings but I have a lot of cousins that come over all the time. One person controls(usually me unfortunately) and when it's time to make decisions we all just yell out choices. Majority wins or if I prefer something else, I pick. If they're to slow then I pick.
When it gets to major decisions Where's its only option 1 or 2, we pause and have a debate on what is more logical.
It's actually more fun to play like that than alone. It's like we shape the character out through arguments lol. Favorites so far were the wolf among us, tales from the borderlands and the walking dead series. Thinking about trying out Until Dawn next or maybe even GOT.
>>
>>386580309
I don't remember this discussion in game.
>>
>>386580201
They confirmed that she's pretty much lesbian though.
>>
>>386580585
>game
>>
>>386580585
yeah makes sense.that's why you don't know
it was in Chloe's room while chilling you still can talk with her and those dialogues appear.
>>
>>386579913
The music was great, if you're into that kind of stuff.
Artstyle for the most part is nice
Max is a really hipster likable when Chloe is not around.
Warren wasn't bad, just too thirsty
Kate is mega cute
David was great
Hipster teacher had is moments in the basement
Lazy principle wasn't bad and had his moments
Even the Drug dealer wasn't really bad.
Chloe the only character I had a problem with, and I enjoy shutting her down whenever I was given the choice.
Cripple Chloe was actually good.
Compared to the TT games, this had a lot more going on. Granted its no where near the quality of TftB, TDW S1, or TWAU

The game has lots of charm, and for 2$ I'm wasn't disappointed with it.
>>
File: traintracks.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
traintracks.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>hating on pure love

I feel sorry for op.
>>
>>386580831
>being this upset but staying for the whole discussion, even two years after release

How will your autism contain itself come the end of this month, and again for LiS2? Do you imagine you will survive?
>>
File: 6867987879789.png (648KB, 960x547px) Image search: [Google]
6867987879789.png
648KB, 960x547px
>>386574417
I finished the first episode, and gotta admit it was unbearable. Everything just feels like 40 year old dudes try to mimic how teenage girls behave while toning it down to be more socially acceptable. The entire experience felt like watching a childish cartoon, but infused with degenerate SJW agenda all over the place.

Life is Strange is like anime. Every episode permanently reduces your IQ by 1 point.
>>
>>386580940
More like stockholm syndrome
>>
>>386580940
>muff divers
>pure
Oh, yurifags.
>>
>>386580019
Honestly while dialogue isn't always great it's serviceable for the most part in persona.

What bother me more, especially in 5 is how you'll have a cut scene with all your party members talking about what they'll do next or something along those lines, then they'll start texting each other right afterwards recapping the last scene. Can't remember if it happened all the time but it did happen a lot.

>>386580537
Sounds fun desu. Until dawn could be could good, you could even pass of the controller to someone else when you switch to different characters if you wanted to. It's basically the closet thing we have to a good David Cage game. The same devs are making a new game that plays similar, that's about dealing with a serial killer.

GOT is honestly pretty shit imo. The fact that your main characters felt like shitty versions of the Starks didn't help, and I wasn't a fan of the art style.
>>
>>386574417
Wowser!
Are you cereal?
>>
>>386581054
>tumblr user has a breakdown after reading a 4 letter word
That really HELLA my DANK OG BUD
>>
File: 1370782838354.jpg (78KB, 400x363px) Image search: [Google]
1370782838354.jpg
78KB, 400x363px
>>386581114
this
>>
>>386581054
Im indifferent about this series but the one thats coming out this month looks like its going to be shit
>>
File: chloe_and_max.jpg (93KB, 1024x653px) Image search: [Google]
chloe_and_max.jpg
93KB, 1024x653px
>>
>>386581331
Unlike the last game?
>>
>>386581264
It's not us having the breakdown about that 4 letter word though is is anon? Anyway, see you next thread i guess.
>>
>>386581214
Go fuck your selfie.
>>
>>386581473
So you mean it will sell well, be profitable and recive critical acclaim? Even be discussed in a place like /v/ two years from now?
>>
File: chloepricedance.gif (2MB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
chloepricedance.gif
2MB, 500x556px
>tfw no outgoing blue haired punk gf
>>
>>386581604
>Millions of flies eat shit
>You should too!!
>>
>>386581835
how pretentious
>>
>>386575904
dude
the whole game is cringe written by middle aged frenchmen
you can easliy form an opinion on literal movie games like this even just from youtube

I find it hilarious that you're defending this shit so hard and acting like he's stupid
just WOWZERS
>>
>>386581197
Thanks for the info, guess until dawn is next. The next game sounds interesting.
>>
>>386581835
>only things that fail hard are patrician!

You aren't special, snowflake. You are probably more casual and faggot than those you mock here.
>>
>>386582218
I read only half your post and can confidently surmise you are wrong on this subject and a faggot. Wow, this is a great tactic!
>>
>all these bitter forever alone beta small dicked virgins getting this triggered over the purest form of love
Maybe stick to your yaoi boyband simulators like FF XV?
>>
>>386582757
Interesting, this is the first time I've seen this tactic being used in this thread. If the person who posted this thought they had made some kind of a point with this post, I think that would be what's called a strawman.

LITERAL
M O V I E G A M E
>>
>>386582757
>>386582601
>Shilling this hard for a tumblr """"""""game""""""" with less player interaction than a 90s point and click game or a cheap Jap VN
I seriously hope that you are underage don't know better.
>>
File: 1502179117785.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502179117785.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>386574417
I know exactly how you feel, OP.

Something went wrong with /v/ a long time ago.
>>
File: 1489859363531.gif (341KB, 135x135px) Image search: [Google]
1489859363531.gif
341KB, 135x135px
>>386583196
>He said while also being a beta small dicked virgin that likes Yuritrash
Stay classy faggoy
>>
>>386583196
you posted this knowing that really yuri attracts only the most lonely faggot NEETs
and come on
fucking anime pictures of something that wasn't even originally anime
>>
>>386583238
>Holy shit what a fucking waste of time. I couldnt even make it through the classroom scene -OP

Read the very OP next time for the first example of jumping thr gun in this thread anon. 0/10 Apply yourself.
>>
File: max19.png (2MB, 1601x965px) Image search: [Google]
max19.png
2MB, 1601x965px
>>386580364
CUUUUUUTTEEE!
>>
>>386583269
>using this much meme faggotry to distract from the games unquestionable success

It's as if you attempt to command that we ignore LiS by force or something. It is just another product in a sea of succesful vidya anon. The existence of LiS does not take away, nor does ir prevent the release of many other games you do like. I do not need to shill for LiS because it was already a huge success 2 years ago. If i really were a shill, what could i possibly add to promote it further? And tumblr? How can this be? SJW's don't purchace or play these is the common argument is it not? So who bought it then? Us??
>>
>>386583958
holy fuck cringe
>>
>>386577054
kys virgin
>>
>>386583196
>Talks shit about yaoifags.
>Calls yuri the purest form of love.
>>
>>386583409
>Something went wrong with /v/ a long time ago.

Probably two years ago when you first got here after reading about 4chan on buzzfeed articles. for some reason we have never stopped discussing things without terms like "tumblr, SJW or gender identity politics" being included ever since then.
>>
>>386584120
>2007 was two years ago
How time flies
>>
File: kate.jpg (130KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
130KB, 768x768px
Reminder that if you let Kate die, you are objective gutter trash
>>
>>386584050
ad hominem And not an argument. Apply yourself if you don't like it instead of admitting defeat.
>>
File: 1409463136838.jpg (93KB, 589x547px) Image search: [Google]
1409463136838.jpg
93KB, 589x547px
It's a really shitty Steins;Gate. There's no rhyme or reason for the time travel, so Max's suffering/the futility of it is completely unwarranted. it's poorly written. It has nice music and atmosphere though
>>
>>386584175
>admitting to getting here only in 2007

Disgusting
>>
>>386579279
>Well other games have bad dialogue too so it's okay!
L M A O
>>
File: _20170808_225131.jpg (13KB, 254x283px) Image search: [Google]
_20170808_225131.jpg
13KB, 254x283px
>>386583861
Anon this is NOT cute.
>>
File: 1483411766659.jpg (17KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
1483411766659.jpg
17KB, 313x313px
>>386574417
>Game claims to give you choices
>The second half of the game forces you to hang out with Chloe

>Game allows you to let Kate die.
>Yet the game stops you and forces back up time to save Chloe before she gets crushed by a train.

>Games claims that choices DO matter.
>The only ones that actually mater are:
>Backing up time and let Chloe get shot, while also resetting everything, making the rest of the your actions through the game pointless
>Save Chloe and let everyone else die, making almost all other choices irrelevant.

And yet /v/ somehow praises this game.
>>
>>386584335
it's never ok, but many on /v/ practice selective reading. I SHOULD be able to see poor dialouge be a common complaint in every single Persona thread, but i don't because the same anons who complain about it as a thing in LiS threads have a specific agenda. In fact, whem beought up, i see the defence that Persona is being retarded on purpose as is the anime style but somehow they knew the don't nod devs were trying to take rhemselves super seriously. They know this as fact you see.
>>
File: 1499985363631.gif (495KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1499985363631.gif
495KB, 500x347px
>>386584307
Yeah, you know it feels fucking insane that it's a DECADE since I first came here, and I still felt like admitting to being a newfag when I posted that.
I used to be so ashamed of "only" arriving in 2007, but I've been here for 10 years. 4chin is a fucking curse. Just kill me.
>>
>>386583964
Dude l bought LiS and had fun with it like when l watched The Room.lt felt so campy and processed it was great. lm just so weirded out on how adamant you are at defending it. Cant you like something while recognizing it has flaws?
>SJW's don't purchace or play these is the common argument is it not?
#BaeOverBay
>>
>>386584747
We are here forever anon. There is no turning back for us now. The only thing i can say with confidence is "see you next thread". We will no doubt have this same argument/arguments again forever.
>>
>>386584915
I guess so.
I love you, Anon. You're opinion a shit.
>>
>>386584830
>Cant you like something while recognizing it has flaws?

Ah now, you misunderstand me. LiS has MANY faults, many lazy things about it, but what i will not accept, is that i should concede to a bunch of meme fucks who don't know their arse from their elbow about a game they have not played and why it is "tumblr SJW incarnate" if they cannot argue properly they will have to sit at thr kids table and be treated as such. When the argument basically becomes "look man, you know how it goes around here, just stop defending it and go with it" then you really have tun out of options.

I do not think LiS is some ebin perfect art experince, but we should not allow retards to think they are in good company when thry make uniformed bullshit statments that thry cannot back up with more later than just "fagget just stop already"
>>
>>386585235
"You too."
>>
>>386585432
no u
>>
>>386584729
dude stop going to persona lol
I don't play that shit but sure, I bet it's stupid too
I guess the reason people defend persona is because they're weebs
It also looks like it's an actual video game and has a unique art style
When a game is stripped of the "game" part and is just there to try to tell a story, I think it's less excusable when the dialogue isn't all that great, and the story isn't either
>>
>>386584915
>>386585235
Fucking kiss already you prancing lala-homo men.
>>386585353
Oh yeah l totally get ya, bandwaggoners a shit. Thing is that LiS is really good at what it aims to be; "A story driven game about a girl with superpowers and her ability to change the fate of the people around her" but when you try to examinate the game outside of that its where it falls short. The teleport thing will never not make me mad.
>>
>>386583492
>He said
im not a he
> really yuri attracts only the most lonely faggot NEETs
im not a male nor am i neet tho
>>386584115
There is nothing more pure than the love 2 girls can experience together. I wouldnt expect you to possibly understand.
>>386584307
>implying you were actually here before 2007
You arent fooling anyone newfag, i bed you dont even remember crescent fresh and that was way after.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x2978px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x2978px
>>386585759
>It also looks like it's an actual video game and has a unique art style
>an actual video game

Debatable. I love Persona 4, this is my current and growing collection, but i don't consider mountains of VN stlyle dialouge and grindy turn based vombat to be a "game" in the same way that i think about say, Resident Evil 4 or bloodborne or DMC or Street fighter, but im sure a bigger fan of turn based RPGs will call foul on me and why? Because to say it is not a video game is an unfair statment based on m subjective view of what constitutes "video game". And thats how i feel about LiS. I think """"""""game""""""""" is a very poor criticism indeed.
>>
>>386585926
>Fucking kiss already you prancing lala-homo men

Woah woah das gay anon, you fagget or sumthin??
>>
>>386584218
I fucked up saving her on my first playthrough because I didnt find the scrap which mentions her father, so when the choice came, I picked at random, I picked wrong, when I replayed it on another system, I made sure to save her life, though it didnt really matter in the end since both playthroughs I sacrificed everyone for Chloe
>>
>>386586181
>You arent fooling anyone newfag, i bed you dont even remember crescent fresh and that was way after.

In the words of the landlord anon, "keep the noise down, or get the hell out."
>>
>>386582264
They're actually suppose to be working on some couch co-op feature for it since a they noticed a good few people playing it the same way you do.

I think you all have to download a app and you and everyone else are given a hidden objective (make sure this character does X, prevent this character from doing Y, etc.) And you have to try and convince everyone else to go with it.
>>
this game is shit, and I have no idea why tardlets continually talk about it here. None of your choices mattered until the very end, the writing is juvenile, and every major character is an unlikable twat. Read a fucking book if you want to follow a narrative, not some casual, angst-riddled bullshit that tries desperately to be profound whilst pretending to be a video game.
>>
>>386586704
When everyone else seems to get it but you do not, is it really just them anon, or your problem?
>>
>>386585759
This. If you're going to make a game like live is strange then at least have decent writing. Telltales stuff can be considered a game because it actually has some form of gameplay, even it it is only qte's.
>>
>>386586840
explain all the other people in this thread who are shitting on this shitheap, then. what the fuck was there to get, anyway? That everyone you interact with is a terrible person? I figured that out within the first episode.
>>
>>386585759
People defend Persona for having gameplay that's not qtes and dialogue choices. Most of these narrative games don't even have puzzles anymore.
>>
>>386587113
>dude figure out their weakness that has no indication but trial and error, choose attack and wait your turn LMAO """""""""""GAMEPLAY""""""""""
>>
>>386587354
i'll take that a million times over shit like lis
>>
>>386587014
>explain all the other people in this thread who are shitting on this shitheap, then

I would have to argue with them on a case by case basis, but a quick run through of most LiS threads will show you most anons are desperate to ailence any discussion of LiS existing on /v/ with one word statments like
>tumblr
>"""""""""game"""""""""
>faggots
>kys
>reddit

So if you want me to "explain" them, well i surmise they are a bunch of memefucks who got here from elsewhere about two years ago after wrongly reading on buzzfeed articles that it was a haven against all the terrible things SJW's have been saying at there highschool because of course, the real world works to a high school level of politics and thats all they know and are desperate to fit in. But hey, i could be wrong about them, maybe they are just jerks.
>>
>>386580940
>lesbianism
>pure love
pick one
also chloe repeatedly throws you under the bus so fuck her
>>
>>386578827
Wowser anon, those are some hella hot opinions!
>>
>>386586316
Kate may actually survive the storm if you pick Chloe, seeing as she's at the hospital, not Arcadia Bay
>>
>>386587865
That anyone lets Coldsteel the Lesbian live at the end in exchange for thousands of lives shows how retarded chloefats are.
>>
>>386587421
Exactly, and so is your right to do so, in fact if you DID happen to like just that dort of game, you could expect me to NOT come into your Turn based threads just for me to tell you all the time that "i do not play your games but they are shit! And you are wrong" because that is just mindless faggotry and would not fit under "criticism" which is an actual thing, a thing of reason and argument that should not be censored, but so many on /v/ mistake their shitpost for critiscim now so they assume we are telling them they cannot speak freely.
>>
>>386575452
>Every decision counts
literally only one matters because you go back in time deleting everything you did.
>>
>>386586181
>being a dyke
>attention whoring by replying to as many people as possible
leave
>>
>>386588106
I played this game though, out of morbid curiosity. It's shit. If you want a circle jerk over it, go to gamefags.
>>
>>386588232
I'm curious, why is it shit?
>>
>>386584392
>>Backing up time and let Chloe get shot, while also resetting everything, making the rest of the your actions through the game pointless
Wait, making Chloe shoot herself again changes everything?
>>
>>386588450
Oh, nevermind I'm a retard.
>>
>>386588232
Thats fine, but if you want to actually discuss, tell us why it is shit. Why come to a discussion board otherwise. Sometimes it is not enough to simply let your feelings be heard, you must expand on the "why". Otherwise how can we legitamize your thoughts through all the shitpost. I think there is a lot wrong with LiS and am even open to considering further critisicm of it, if only you present it.
>>
reminder anyone who saves chloe at the end instead of the town is a retard.

The entire game is centered around preventing Chloe from accidentally killing herself. She's a walking disaster. If you save her at the expense of the town, It's highly likely Chloe is going to get her and Max in a car accident as they drive to the next town.
>>
>>386588124
>as many people as possible
You mean replying to everyone who replied to me? Dont be bitter that no one cares about you anon. I tried a long time to be straight and even slept with a few chads but they really didnt even come close to giving me the feelings girls do. Men just really arent meant for romantic relationships.
>>
ITT: People post buzzwords and the retarded fans respond to it while ignoring genuine criticism
>>
>>386589328
>Men just really arent meant for romantic relationships.

I can't imagine two girls in a relationship, like, do girls treat other girls the way they treat men? There is a dynamic that men and women have that is understood and joked about in societey, how does that work when you are both girls? Or is it easier for that bery reason?
>>
>>386574417
fuck you. just beat it today. I feel like I'm dead inside but this was the best feels trip I've had IN YEARS. this is what i play vidya for.
>>
>>386589613
>ignoring genuine criticism

Not true, responding to genuine critisim is not just "accept the criticism as irrefutable. Just because you make a criticism does not mean we will not argue back. If it's legit though, it's legit. For example, i don't like the way that dontnod recycled the same dialouge animations for everone.
>>
>>386589784
>do girls treat other girls the way they treat men?
Not really, atleast in my experience. You have to understand the reason that the dynamic men and women have is joked about so often is that men and women evolved to only be together for a few decades at most because that was the life expectancy. They were never meant to be long term life partners and the ones who do make it that long are the minority now that women arent basically forced to stay with men.
>>
>>386589997
Regardless of whether you'll agree with it or disagree with it, you have ignored genuine criticism in the thread, and the thread is filled with a bunch shitposting and free (you)'s
>>
>>386590204
>men and women evolved to only be together for a few decades at most because that was the life expectancy
Never really thought of this before but maybe it explains why men and women only ever really are interested in each other when it comes to sexual reasons and why fags hate women and lesbians hate men.
>>
>>386574417
Beginning is fucking shit and the gets better later on.
>>
>>386590204
>two girls on a first date
>both thinking "is this bitch buying my dinner and drinks tonight or what?"
>>
>>386590416
Point to where i personally have ignored the critiscim? I try to anser any point i find of interest or folly, and respond in turn to those who reply to me. Make some arguments, and i will either argue back if i feel it justified or concede. Please go ahead.
>>
>>386590562
the last time i went on a date with a girl we just payed for ourselves. she did buy me a rootbeer float from A&W later on tho.
>>
>>386579597
>This game makes me so nostalgic of my University days

this. half the people that hate it can't relate because they never experience life away from home at college/university.
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (66KB, 820x588px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
66KB, 820x588px
>>386579626
I am still so mad that the condom wrap doesn't say "Don't be silly cover your willy", it's a much better rhyme for fuck's sake
Every update I hoped it would be fixed and I'd return to this part of the game for FUCKALL!!!!
>>
>>386590698
Who makes the first move for kissess and cummies femanon? If you are both girls?
>>
>>386590958
Oh shit that IS fucking dumb, what the hell?
>don't be a dummy, catch all the cummy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_PwqPekTk8

;_;
>>
>>386590686
>>386584273
>>
>>386591067
>If you are both girls?
i guess its different for each dynamic but usually the one whos slightly more dominant makes the first move. In our case she made the first move kind of, it was so cute tho her upper lip was quivering she wanted it so badly.
>cummies
same as above its usually the one whos slightly more dominant. Tho i did give her a hickie before she gave me one...
>>
>>386591248
Yes this is a fair point, there is no reason presented as to the "why". I admit i never actually cared about this as a plot hole myslef so i probably felt no need to agree or disagree with this anon, but it is bizzare how it only occured so late, like not even the onset of puberty or something. Ok, so thats one.
>>
>>386591502
Thats cute i guess. Something i have noticed about lesbian relationships is they seem to be so elated when they do get down to the first kissing (so you wern't lying to me about being a lesbian on this date!) and also, they defend slights against their partners super quickly and agressivly than hetero or gay ones.
>>
life is hella wowser
>>
why are so many people such awful friends?
>>
>>386592759
Because Max is a thirsty fuck
>save Chloe
>she guilt trips me into eating only her pussy forever or she might, i dunno, die or something.
>sacrafice Chloe
>go back to school and suck and fuck ALL OF THE GIRLS. IMMA EAT OUT VICTORIA, IMMA STICK A FINGER UP KATE'S ASS, IMMA SQUIRT IN BROOKES MOUTH

Makes sense to me anon.
>>
>>386593284
Fuck you, Kate is pure
>>
>>386593506
Doesn't mean she won't squeal when the finger pushes in. Max cannot be stopped.
>>
>>386591651
Fair enough. There are some others in the thread, but most are longer, semi reviews, so no need to make you address every point individually. That was my main issue with it. Time travel is often horribly implemented in fiction, and it was like they barely even tried to justify the entire crux of the plot, so it felt especially shitty to me
>>
>>386577054
i like how your entire argument is "W-WELL U JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!"
>>
>>386594514
he tells you the appeal behind the game.

you LITERALLY don't understand.
>>
>>386594609
the appeal means fuckall if none if it is executed well in any way you braindead moron.
>>
>>386594803
isn't*
>>
>>386594803
Nigga imma lose my shit if you argue the use of music wasn't done well, becuae that shit was on fucking point even if you didn't like the visual novel shit.

https://youtu.be/wAhoehjsfuo
>>
>>386594514
Does sound like you don't understand desu
>>
>>386574417
Fucking casual, I hated that shit and I still fucking grinded out till the end. It was still shit, but at least now I can judge it as such.

Also, why the fuck is the prequel going to be about the worse character? Chloe is a dumb bitch who I only kept alive so I can kill everyone in town as well - way things were going, she'd probably die anyways.
>>
p10 bump
>>
>>386595131
not for me, but I don't care for the music used at all so comes down to personal preference. writing, "gameplay", and characters are terrible, though. the general story is a good premise and interesting but they don't enough with it so it's wasted.
>>
File: 1502112947831.jpg (16KB, 283x447px) Image search: [Google]
1502112947831.jpg
16KB, 283x447px
>>386587991
You just couldn't resist, could you?
>>
>>386586181
>I'm not a he

Shit, sorry Xur.
>>
>>386576535
>people "ironic like" this game, is shit and you get nothing out of it
This
>>386576642
Yes
>>
complete 5hr soundtrack rip

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6yrxo2GTQp2VFhsR2RSV3BETFE/view
>>
>>386580537
That experience sounds awesome
>>
File: ftdrt30jdmiy[1].jpg (445KB, 3508x1860px) Image search: [Google]
ftdrt30jdmiy[1].jpg
445KB, 3508x1860px
>>
File: 1434835235923[1].jpg (439KB, 1052x694px) Image search: [Google]
1434835235923[1].jpg
439KB, 1052x694px
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.