[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to Gamestop >pick up Nioh and Bloodbourne >wait

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

File: gamestop3[1].jpg (59KB, 800x469px) Image search: [Google]
gamestop3[1].jpg
59KB, 800x469px
>go to Gamestop
>pick up Nioh and Bloodbourne
>wait in line, one other guy in front of me
>le retail boy chats with him for 30 minutes then after he finally rings him up, talks for 30 more minutes to get him to pre-order something
>lay my $120 purchase down and walk out
This is why I pirate.
>>
>>386574160
This didn't happen.
>>
>>386574160
$60 for Bloodborne in 2017?
>>
>>386574291
shut up.

>>386574267
leave my thread.
>>
>>386574160
Where do you live, Australia? wtf
>>
>>386574160
Where on earth do you live that Nioh and BloodBorne are 60 each? Not to mention, why would you stick around for 30 minutes and why would there be no other employees to work the register?
>>
>>386574160
You didn't bother saying anything? What's the matter with you? Did you seriously just stand there for half an hour without saying a word?
>>
>>386574160
You can't pirate PS4 games yet.
>>
>>386574160
And now another story
>be mentally sound
>go to local equivalent gamestop eshop
>order nioh
>pay with debit card
>pick up game on the way from work
>took about 2 minutes
>get home
>play game
>>
>>386574160
yeah, this didn't happen.
people that aren't managers or haven't been there long don't get to be on registers to avoid this shit, since they don't know how to handle the lines.

If you can't spew the sales pitches and preorder stuff in less than five minutes, you'll be given so little hours until you finally quit.
>>
>politely ask to be served
>manager tells the guy to stfu or serves you

If you werent autistic it wouldnt be a problem
>>
>>386574791
Why should ___I____, a paying customer, have to beg for the privilege of paying money to them? (((((They))))) should be the ones servicing me, not the other way around. Fucking plebs.
>>
>>386575264
Autism
>>
>>386575264

It's not begging you retard, don't be such an antisocial sperg and just say something. There's no gamestop employee dumb enough to waste time for 30 minutes on one customer.
>>
>Go to CEX
>Planning to trade in my PSP games
>My turn
>Orrwight m8? wot canna do 4 u?
>Hand him PSP games
>Fat sweaty behemoth opens the cases and brings the first UMD to his sunken, squinty eye
>Starts prising it, allegedly "looking for cracks in the UMD case"
>Hear a loud and noticeable crack where his chubby fucking fingers have snapped the case
>Tosses it on the desk towards me
>Soz m8, cant take broken goods
>Frown at him for a few seconds
>NEXT he yells
>Leave
FUCKING CEX
>>
>>386575264
Autism is marked by the lack of one's ability to empathize with another person's situation.
>>
>>386575264
>asking for a person to help you is begging

Im sure at your job you have never screwed up right?
>implying you arent a neet autismo
>>
>>386575264
>Why should ___I____, a paying customer, have to beg
No, you should be demanding to be tended to. Do you get anxious around people or something? Remember that it's your right as a customer to be treated well.
>>
>>386575264
We already know your story is not true, quit being a tryhard.
>>
>go to gamestop
>Chatting with good friend that works there
>He hates this job but needs money
>This weird fat guy who breaths heavily and smells like shit comes in
>he goes straight to the PS4 games
>he picks up Bloodborne and Nioh.
>Then he just stands there looking away every time we look at him
>I keep chatting for a good half hour then i need to leave
>this fat guy walks to my friends and trips, smashing one of the covers
>he spills spaghetti everywhere
>>
>>386575352
>>386575449
>>386575485
>>386575659
Not him but he's right.
What do you have to empathise with? The fact that the guy is being a lazy shit and not doing his job?
>It's okay when they do it, they need time to mess around on payroll time
That's literally your argument. Sound like pushover recluses who hate confrontation and accept everything that's dealt to them. Pathetic.
>>
>>386575769
Wow what a retard, did he stomp his feet while looking annoyed holding his 60 dollar games?
>>
>>386574160
The whole reason to go to gamestop is to buy cheaper pre-owned games what's you problem
>>
>>386575854
a pushover is the one who waits silently for thirty minutes and then leaves his items at the counter because he REFUSES to talk to an employee, not the one who goes "hey im waiting here, hurry up"
>>
>>386575854
>>386576015
Not to mention, OP probably exaggerated his story because Nioh and BloodBorne haven't been 60 dollars for the base games since launch. He probably only waited like 3 minutes.
>>
>go to gamestop
>get raped by a giant man-sized chicken
>it's screaming "CLUCK CLUCK" while penetrating my tight anus
>it's been 6 hours and it still hasn't came yet I'm just begging for it to be over
>everyone in the store is watching me, it's so embarrassing, all I wanted was Battletoads 4.
>the chicken finally comes and leaves me on the floor to die, I turn around and see that there are sixteen more man-sized chickens in line waiting for their turn.
>the one who's next in line smells really bad
>I clench my anus and prepare for the worst
>after 64 days of being raped by giant chickens I finally get to the counter
>the cashier is talking to a coworker while he waits for me to give him the game to scan
>he stops after exactly 10 seconds and asks me to give him the game because I'm just autistically standing there
>I am too nervous to give him the game so I lay my $120,000 purchase on the floor and walk out of there
>then I make a thread on /v/ and everyone sympathies for me and I feel better about being nervous in the public and autsitic
>>
>>386574160
This happened to me about seven years ago in a Gamestop. All I wanted to do was ring out, but both cashiers were chatting with the person in front of me about who they would rather sleep with at G4-Tech TV.

After standing there for 10 minutes I left me purchase on the PSP stand, now a Funko Pop stand, and walked out.
>>
>>386576015
It isn't the customer's responsibility to make themselves known. It's the employee's responsibility to be attentive and aware of actual incoming business.
The customer has every right to make themselves known and ask, but it is by no means expected- the opposite in fact. The cashier was in the wrong and the faggots defending him are the pushovers.
>>
>>386575139
This is not true.
My first position at GameStop was on the register.
>>
>>386576636
>My first position at GameStop was on the register.

There are other positions at Gamestop other than working on the register? I'd imagine it's Cashier/Bitch/Stocker, Assistant Manager/Bitch/Stocker, Manager/Bitch/Stocker.
>>
File: cp-hand_69803053.jpg (11KB, 300x173px) Image search: [Google]
cp-hand_69803053.jpg
11KB, 300x173px
>go to gamestop
>looking for a new game and decide on Horizon:Zero Dawn
>cute girl at the register
>she keeps her hand in her pocket
>start having a conversation with her
>she trips over a box of shit you see at Hot Topic
>her hand leaves her pocket
>it's literally the strong hand from Scary Movie
Pic related
>oh god she touched my game
>leave game on the counter without paying and 360 out the door
FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
>>386576245
God I wish that was me
>>
>>386576523
You're autistic

The cashier shouldn't be talking to the dude for that long but instead of being a pussy and just letting the cashier waste your time you should fucking say something
>>
>>386576523
You are right that the employee is in the wrong. However, you can only control YOUR OWN actions. Placing blame like a little bitch for somebody not paying attention to you while you stood silently is a literal 12 year old move.

Take responsibility for the things you want in life and take action, dont come to /v/ and whine because you aren't even assertive enough to make your presence known in a GAMESTOP.
>>
I feel bad for Gamestop employees. People get angry with me when I card them for alcohol at my job, can't imagine the shit they get when they've got to card for video games.
>>
>>386577040

The card stuff isn't much of an issue from what I know. The biggest issue for any retailer is fucking funko pop collectors. Those fuckers are cancerous.
>>
>>386576787
That's your opinion. Not a fact. What is a fact, though, is that the guy who works there is paid to serve customers in a timely manner.
>>
And now, for a true story, this happened a few years ago as I was with my nephew picking him up a copy of COD since he was 15 at the time. I believe it was MW3.

>Line up behind single customer, The Nigress is manning the register,
>So called cause she was the "Fat Black Woman" stereotype, hoop earings, thinks she's hot as fuck, "Oh, HELL no!" attitude, etc.
>Used to go to this particular gamestop all the time, so I knew her a bit, knew she worked on the Hot Topic across the mall, etc.
>She's ringing up this betafag when she starts sinking her fangs into him with "Would you like to sign up for power-up rewards" bullshit
>Betafag clearly doesn't want jack and shit to do with it, but is also a betafag so he does nothing except non-commital noises
>Nigress knows she's got him in her grasp, so she begins laying it thick, literally not ringing this guy up selling him up on the stupid card
>"You also get a year's subscription to game informer!"
>"You're buying used games now, you you could save money on this purchase!"
>"It's a really good value for a gamer such as yourself!"
>This goes on for 10 minutes, a line is beginning to form behind me
>At this point I figure I need to save this poor fuck from this Nigress shark that is dragging him down with the idea of drowning him.
>Calmly say "Hey listen, he clearly doesn't wan't anything else, so will you just ring him up already? I don't have time to stand here all day"
>Nigress gets "Oh, I was just trying to save him money!" defensive, but still rings the poor betafag up
>Betafag finally gets to leave, doesn't say anything else, he just bolts out of the store.
>Nigress gets to ring me up, does just that and doesn't say anything else. But the troll in me has awakened.
>"Aren't you gonna ask me about joining up for power-up rewards?" I swear I heard someone suppress some laughter right behind me.
>Left anyways before she could try to ensnare me.
>>
>>386575470
fuck CEX, I placed an order online on the 31st of July and look where we are now, still hasn't arrived
stupid dudebro cunts
>>
>>386576787
No. You're defending the cashier for not doing his job and that is asinine and stupid, not matter what ridiculous way you phrase it. The customer has every right to refuse to do business when they're being treated so rudely and unprofessionally. Again, they can speak up if they insist but they are also in the right to walk away if they are not being treated as they should be.
>Le autism
Was waiting for you to throw out your meme insult. Low hanging fruit.
>>
>>386575854
But the guy was doing his job. Trying to get the normie to preorder some shit is required in retail.

Why are you defending the spineless faggot anyway
>>
>>386577472
>>386577546
There's literally no way this idiots story is legitimate, the prices and 30 minutes have to be an exaggeration. The guys just bitchy that he had to wait a few minutes.
>>
>>386577198
How so?
>>
>>386577362
imagine being so butthurt from being a beta and signing up for some shit you don't want that you invent a whole story where this doesn't happen to you but you make the character that's you secondary with the main character instead being the sort of person you wish you could be but never will
>>
>>386577546
Hes defending a fellow beta from being too afraid to request attention at a store hes making a purchase from . They are complete autismo
>>
>>386575264
Then (((((((((((((YOU)))))))))))))) should have left, you fucking retard, good job giving them your money anyways though.
>>
>>386577643
Funko collectors will on occasion preorder an entire case of a new wave. Then buy one or two depending on the wave of figures. Then proceed to return the rest of the figures that aren't worth anything. Not to mention Funko's getting stolen are a constant problem in plenty of stores. They'll leave the store a mess, get angry at workers for not having something in stock. Funko collectors are the worst kind of collectors.
>>
>>386576907
It isn't the customer's responsibility to make themselves known. You have to be a brainless moron to not know the fundamentals principles of how business works with the public. Read the first few pages of business for dummies.
>>
>>386577362
You were actually the betafag in the story, weren't you?
>>
I'm going to trade in my ps4 and all games for a switch, once the switch becomes available...

Or, I will trade it to the retro store for a ps2 and stack of games. I hate ps4, regret buying it so much.
>>
>>386577912
The business is an established brand and clearly Inst worried about losing your sale retard. If you want their product and they arent paying attention to you then request it or leave. Only an absolute cuckold would defend waiting around silently.
>>
>>386577674
Nice projecting, but it didn't happen to me. I was the other type of cuck, the one that spoke to the employees thinking I was their "friend" so I was the type of fuck who left our poor faggot OP waiting "Over 30 minutes" for his $120 dollar purchase that he never made.

I did find out from the manager later that the Nigress was "peacefully let go" because she tried that trick on more than a few people and the complaints and bad reviews she used to get on her surveys were enough that he had to fire her.
>>
File: IMG_0951.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0951.png
1MB, 1280x720px
How much you think I could get for this at GameStop?
>>
>>386577627
Yeah the 60 bucks for old games give it away but my point still stands.
>>386577771
That must be a terminal case of autism. Either that or the clerk was super cute
>>
>>386578164
Yeah okay, tell that to store managers and their sales goals. A business without business sure is an interesting concept you've come up with there. I wonder how that will pan out.
>>
>>386578215
bout 40 bucks
>>
>>386578215
$5.75
>>
>>386577362
I bought a rewards card because I don't like confrontation. I do say no to game scratch protection though.

Also it's kind of nice being able to whip it out whenever I go in to avoid the long winded speech about how awesome the rewards card is.
>>
>>386578215
19.99 USD
>>
>>386578215
about 2 dollars.
>>
>>386578191
BS, they're required to trick you into the rewards card by the boss. They're also required to trick you into buying used games by lying about having stock. They have a quota and they get fired if they don't lie to you. They're required to lie. Gamestop is a terrible place. I switched to amazon prime.
>>
>>386578215
a quarter
>>
>>386574160
I noticed a Gamestop Plus store opened in my town in Sweden where Game used to be. Is Gamestop worse or better than Game?
>>
>>386574316
I will not.
>>
>>386577472
I'm not defending the cashier you mong, you're bringing up theoretical situations that are not what happened in the OP. If I get to the cashier and he's talking to some guy for a long time, am I gonna be a little pussy any just stand there or will I stand up for myself and interject? Yes the cashier is in the wrong for talking to the guy for a long time but OP should have said something. I don't see how this is a difficult concept
>>
>>386578753
Worse.

But you should try and find a local mom and pop shop that does the same thing. They'll usually have more retro stuff available too. There's one near me and I went looking for GBA games and they literally had hundreds. The selection is way better than shit stop.
>>
>>386578587
I know, I was the one with the manager friend, and also a few friendly clerks that made me fork over every now and then for pre-orders (Like I said, I was that cuck)

That was the reason he gave me at the time and I have no reason to believe otherwise, but knowing how people treat firing someone as the most delicate thing in the world it wouldn't surprise me either if the real reason was something else and he just fed me that story. whatever the reason, I do know she was fired since that was confirmed to me by the rest of the staff working at the store
>>
>go to gamestop
>ask for specific games brand new
>theyre visibly annoyed at me for not buying used
>try to sell me an open box for full price
I hate gamestop.
>>
>>386578358
Most customers arent so autistic that they are afraid to ask for service
>>
>>386574160

i'll take overexaggeration for $500 Alex
>>
>>386578215
The right hands of black men are as hard as a NES classic. Gamestop will pay you $15 dollars for it. Put it up on ebay and get seven grand.
>>
File: IMG_2927.gif (4MB, 295x222px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2927.gif
4MB, 295x222px
>>386575264
You're unironically the pleb here anon
>>
File: questionable.jpg (13KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
questionable.jpg
13KB, 177x278px
The last time I went to a Gamestop this morning half the store was funko pops and the other half "geek" themed t-shirts. All the videogames were behind the counter and when I asked if they had a new copy of Fallout 4 they said no, and I asked them if they would price match their used game against the Target (who had the game new for $35) across the way. They said no so I shrugged and left.

Does anyone even buy anything from Gamestop anymore? Even Target has the same funko pops cheaper and Zumiez has a wider selection of "geek" themed apparel.
>>
Why is this autist thinking we're defending the cashier

If I'm driving on the freeway and the car next to me keeps swerving slightly into my lane, am I just going to autistically sit and do nothing since they shouldn't be doing that? No, I'm going to honk or possibly change lanes. Just because someone else's fuck up affects me doesn't mean I should do absolutely nothing to help my situation
>>
>>386579106
You're defending the cashier by proxy of you not understanding the customer's rights. It's your choice if you want to speak up and make yourself known, but again, the customer has a right to leave and refuse business.
Turns out when you don't people with respect they tend not to stick around too long, or confront it like an "alpha", whatever the fuck that even means.
>>
>>386580245
So you're saying the customer should purposefully inconvenience themselves further by not buying something there?

Only Amerifat could be this stupid
>>
>>386580031
I bought from there a month ago, because I had some games I wanted that best buy didn't have.

But now I just buy online from amazon, they have everything. Even out of print games for brand new by third party sellers. I managed to get EOIV for 30 bucks and it even came with the music cd. It's not in print. Same with rune factory 4.

I don't buy used anymore unless it's retro, because it's a scam. Gamestop makes large margins on used games, and the companies get nothing.
>>
OP is a lying cocksucker.
>>
>>386580391
No, I'm saying it's within their rights to refuse to do business with the party and can take their money elsewhere. How many times will it take before you understand that?
It is also within their rights to speak out if they choose. Insulting someone for choosing an option you wouldn't personally choose is retarded and really just shows how single-minded you really are.

Turns out the world isn't a "my way or the highway" kind of world and people can make decisions based on their rights. Gee what a novel concept, huh friendo?
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.