[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"third person shooters are better with a controller"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1501201290155.png (190KB, 380x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501201290155.png
190KB, 380x640px
>"third person shooters are better with a controller"
>even though all that's changing is the camera's perspective and you're still using the exact same reticle to aim as you would be in first person view

When will this meme die?
>>
on paper it shouldn't be better, but in practice it is
the issue is that third person shooters are console games, which means their control schemes are for consoles, which means instead of being able to individually bind keys to different actions, you have at least three "this does everything, depending on the context" buttons

your button to run, go behind cover, reload, jump, etc is all the same fucking button, and when you use a keyboard it's just absolutely senseless
>>
>>386572229
>having different actions bound to one button on a controller is better in practice but it's worse on keyboard

This doesn't make any sense. Gears of War 4 does this and it actually plays better with a keyboard and mouse
>>
>>386572603
then you have a higher threshold for bad controls than a lot of people that play pc games
>>
>>386572776
You're still not addressing what I'm saying. Both control methods have to bind the same amount of buttons to the exact same actions, but keyboard and mouse are worse because ???
>>
>>386572776
Not him but I've played mass effect loads on both pc and console and greatly preferred kb+m, mainly due to not having to stop aiming constantly when doing something like reloading.

Even ignoring this it was still considerably better though
>>
>>386573102
goddamn you are dense, read the argument again.
>>
>>386571993
Often 3rd person games are designed for consoles, with controller in mind, and often are less focused on precise pinpoint aim or snap shooting. And then you have shit like Vanquish, which the high mobility works a lot better with controller.
>>
>>386573102
because when you're using a controller you are used to stifled controls, they make sense that with the limited buttons available, this had to be done, it's more efficient
when you're using a keyboard you're used to individual binds, and when you have 5 actions for the same keybind, you wind up frustrated that it's so inefficient to need to hold a key instead of press a key
>>
>>386573454
I played Vanquish on a PS3 years ago and rebought it for PC, playing it with a keyboard and mouse is a thousand times fucking better because you can actually aim properly. Mobility was never an issue either. Using a controller gives no tactical advantage whatsoever.
>>386573470
>when you're using a keyboard you're used to individual binds
Yes, never in the history of videogames has a PC game ever binded one key to multiple actions. You usually even have to press different keys to put one foot in front of the other or to open and close your eyes using the entire keyboard while those pesky console players get a much more efficient and streamlined experience with a controller
>>
>>386574107
it's fine to want an argument instead of a discussion
hopefully you're leaving feeling fulfilled
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.