[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought Fallout New Vegas on steam because i've heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: kznupke6btish0gs9mih.jpg (390KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
kznupke6btish0gs9mih.jpg
390KB, 1600x900px
Just bought Fallout New Vegas on steam because i've heard lots of good things about it. What am i in for?
Any must-have mods that i should install before starting my first playthrough?
>>
if you didnt buy the ultimate edition for $5-10 you are a cuck
>>
>>386571558
You're gonna be disappointed if you're looking for a GOAT rpg. It's pretty bland and boring all the way through
>>
>>386571924
I did buy the ultimate edition. 10€ extra for some extra content is okay i guess.

>>386572039
I've heard that this game is supposed to be closer and truer to the older Fallout games, is it still missing a lot of RPG-aspects?
>>
Get a refund
>>
>>386571558
Get New Vegas anti-stutter, NVAC, 4GB and JSawyer Ultimate as your starting mods.
And don't go to Quarry Junction.
>>
>>386571558
A game that is overrated by Obsididrones
>>
>>386571558
Classic contrarian /v/ at it again
>>
>>386572258
Is it that bad?
>>
Not sure why there is such a concentration of Redditors in this thread, but good job OP. I would suggest the 4gb loader and and some performance mods because the game does run like ass if you only use the 2gb from vanilla. Outside of that, you'll probably want some texture mods because admittedly the game looks pretty shitty.
>>
>>386572449
More it'll make a bunch of other games seem obsolete from a role playing stance. NV isn't perfect but its still better than 99% of all other games it shares a genre with.
>>
>>386572449
no he's shitposting
>>
>>386572329
Thanks for the recomendation. I've downloaded all of these mods so far. Would you recomend anything against the piss-yellow filter that seems to be ever persistant?

>>386572549
Know of any good performance mods that can be trusted?
>>
>>386572449
>all of these people having objectively shit tastes
Fallout NV is fantastic, so enjoy it, anon.
The DLC's are great, too.
>>
>>386573030
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52037/?
>>
>>386572449
It's an extremely bland game that is still the best game in the extremely bland Fallout series
>>
File: newvegas.jpg (107KB, 792x390px) Image search: [Google]
newvegas.jpg
107KB, 792x390px
First thing that happens...
>>
one more test
>>
>>386572256
It's a lot closer to 1 and 2 than FO3 in terms of lore, but game play wise the same as 3 with a few minor improvements to some of the rpg aspects. Not enough to make the game on part with 1 and 2. It's still a good game, but it isn't as amazing as they say here
>>
>>386574869
On par*
>>
get a refund and buy fallout 4, this is a very bad spinoff that has issues all over it
>>
>>386574996
>t.odd
>>
>>386573761
Did you buy this on steam? I know I bought Morrowind on Steam and at the time (might still be) it wouldn't run because of the /tempapps folder or where ever it tried to put the files. Seems to always become a problem when trying to mod steam bought beth games.

>>386574996
FO4 isn't even a proper Fallout game.
>>
buy fallout 4™ is a better game
>>
>>386571558
I hated NV but its actually pretty fun with the Graphics mod.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57475/?
>>
>>386575061
>FO4 isn't a proper Fallout game

Neither is fucking 3 or NV.
>>
>>386571558
great story, varied if stunted gameplay.

worth your time if you like Action RPGs a lot.

It's playable without mods, unlike most games made on a Bethesda engine.
>>
>>386575043
TOOOOODD
>>
File: todd17.png (131KB, 241x245px) Image search: [Google]
todd17.png
131KB, 241x245px
>>386576620
You called, anon?
>>
I could never get into it for the longest time. But honestly its a great game. Just make sure to skip the shitty tutorial and the handle the slog through the start.
Also get the mod that gets rid of the literal SHIT-filter and you're good
>>
>>386571558
lol you got memed hard
>>
>>386571558
NVSE with anti crash plugin/anti stutter
Unofficial bugfix patch(es?)
Fellout - remove yellow pissfilter
Vanilla is fully playable but these improve the game without modifying the gameplay.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.