[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the hell do I begin? Im stuck and dont know what to play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 1502140885599.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502140885599.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
Where the hell do I begin? Im stuck and dont know what to play at all. Everything seems crappy and dont start to work until level 65. All guides require uniques. Are there no good solo self found builds at all?
>>
>>386550242
Stop trying to follow guides and just play the game. Why would you want to play a game where someone else figures it out for you. Might as well just watch a streamer play.
>>
>>386550396

Then ill end up stuck halway through the game. I have tried that before. This game does not reward experimentation.
>>
You don't start to care about that stuff until you reach harder difficulties, just enjoy the fucking game.
>>
You want to stab things? Melee, you want to blow up things? Mage.
You wanna be a faggot? Summoner
>>
Attacks?
Blade flurry
cylone
sunder
frostblades

Spell?
Frostbolt
Spark
Essence drain
Firestorm
>>
Are there any good shadow builds at all? They all seem boring, I just rolled a new one after 3.0
>>
>>386551361
mines traps and dots friend
>>
>>386551361
Flicker strike.
>>
>>386550852
It does as long as you understand the underlying components. Pick a skill. See if you can scale it to reasonable damage levels, if where that lies on the tree offers sufficient survivability then your build is viable.

>>386551361
Standard crit assassin with blade flurry or some bow skill. Though their bleed and poison memery has been nerfed hard.
Trickster damage over time(probably caster), saboteur mines.

>>386552787
I would advise against this. As a cunt who absolutely loves flicker strike it just takes awhile before it gets fully going. And it's only fun for a short while before it becomes draining.
>>
Can you remove talents/passive in this game and get new ones?
>>
>>386555394
You can reselect any passive nodes you've selected yea. Some early side quests and a lot of the later quests give 2 respec points. Also there is a specific currency and gives respec points as well.
>>
>>386555487
Are you limited to teh amount of respect points you can have?

Like I'm talking about totally trashing a build and a new one from scratch
>>
>>386555564
You aren't limited to the amount. However, the cost to respec everything at like level 70 is quite high.
>>
first time I've played PoE and I've dove into hardcore.

Look up some simple builds that don't require crazy uniques and only an ez to make crafted, it really helps you take off early on.

I'm running a dark pact necromancer and at lvl 43 on my 2nd life.

Its pretty fun. minion spam ahoy.
>>
>>386555564
You can always completely redo your entire tree from scratch but the more points you want to redo the harder it is since you would need more orbs of regret.
>>
>there are people on /v/ right now who dont play ssf hc
>>
Although the urge is there, I much prefer being able to trade/group with my friends than having green on my flag. If they allowed group self found for small parties or guilds I would certainly play it.
>>
>>386556431
>Le epic epeen alt-F4 league.
>>
>>386550242
>All guides require uniques
dude what. people are running the top 10 first 100 with yellow. You need to learn what effects precisely do, it's not that complex. The game is just really precise with the words it uses. projectiles, melee, aoe, spells, those must match the skill gems and passive to do anything.
Also the game doesn't reward "empty every area for loot and XP", overall it's better to just advance and only farm in case of major trouble.
Also you mostly need 1 main damage skill (2 is ok if you want an aoe and a monotarget), one mobility skill (jump, dash, shield charge etc) and the rest is usually auras/heralds/golems.
>>
>>386550396
Thank you, at least someone isn't a fucking retard. People who follow builds are the worst. This is one of the few games where you have almost total customization of your characters abilities - the possibilities are endless. Literally every single player can have a unique, interesting character with a different combination of gems, abilities, passives, and uniques, yet over half the playerbase follows only a few builds like this is a competitive MMO. This is a fucking single player game that can be played multiplayer.

Use your fucking imagination, and then you'll be playing the game to the fullest. Half the fun is in the theory crafting.
>>
>>386557050
I knew neo-/v/ wouldnt disappoint me.
>>
>forgot to do first lab so I go back
>lvl 40 1.2khealth 1.5 es contagion essence drain blight + summon an army on hit witch
>find 2 unique boxes with like 2 cells of each other get like 5 uniques in total
>too many summon blocking my view get stuck in spinning wheel trap and kill myself because I get slammed by a scissors trap that causes bleeding
>didn't realize I was bleeding
>didn't get to drop off my uniques for my next character

rip
>>
can someone explain why I want elemental Elemental Equilibrium as SRS?
>>
>get to mid 60s
>started getting reckd pretty quickly
>no problem, I'll just buy better gear
>waste hours messaging people from poe.trade
>ignored 90% of the time
jesus christ, trading in this game is fucking awful, it's not even a little bit fun
>>
>>386558286
That's really anecdotal.

Equally anecdotal is the fact that after hitting 67 I bought nine items, and so far I have sold like forty-something. One guy I asked was DND, and I was in the middle of the merc lab for one guy buying from me.
Every other trade was concluded within the minute the PM was sent.
>>
>>386557821
Idk I guess skulls do fire damage so you just use any other element while they attack to quickly switch between elements and deal free bonus damage
>>
>>386559192
here is a whole thread full of anecdotes
>inb4 le reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6s12w5/trading_is_so_frustrating/
>>
>>386557821
>>386559290
Not to mention that orb of storms is FREE light lightning damage on everything around you.

>>386559318
I'm not denying that there are problems, but taking both examples together the outcome is a mediocre average trading experience. You're right that it isn't fun, yes. But for the majority of people trading it's pretty painless as well.
>>
>>386550242
You'll have to wait a few weeks until it becomes clear which forum guides are shit and which are good.

And yeah, a decent build is going to require a shitload of currency, don't expect to make it in a temp league.

This is a game for 24/7 traders/exploiters/RMTers who then make good builds with OP uniques out of boredom, everyone else is going to have a shit time.
>>
>>386560183
Sounds gay. I just wanted Dialbo II 2. Dropped
>>
>>386560183
>>And yeah, a decent build is going to require a shitload of currency, don't expect to make it in a temp league.
Unless you use a broken but inexpensive build.
>>
Anyone else disappointed with how the story ends? There are a bunch of other ways that it could have gone that would have been far better than right now, but rather you just show up back to Oriath, kill the new big bad, and then you're put in a room where every tells you "good job".
>>
>>386560618
Doesn't exist in most patches, which one is like that in 3.0?
>>
File: 1489076968469.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1489076968469.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>386550242
>play the game and discover as you go
or
>look for starter build or budget with a guide
Its not really that hard fag
>>
>god is the bad guy
>Satan is the good guy
>kill Nazis who believe in God

Dropped this SJW shit.
>>
>>386561103
Some people just can't even open a game without sperging on forums about it to figure out how to meme it first.
>>
>>386561124

Wat
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.