[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Sony and Mircosoft trying to aim for 4K instead of better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 4

File: xboxonex.jpg (9KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
xboxonex.jpg
9KB, 480x270px
Why are Sony and Mircosoft trying to aim for 4K instead of better performance? Hell, Nintendo Switch is the weaker of the two yet most of its games are 60fps? What??
>>
>>386546241
Sony are doing it because of the Japanese government's mandate of the 4K rollout by the 2020 Olympics. Microsoft are doing it so they don't fall too far behind their direct competition.
>>
>>386546241

It is literally up to the developers whether they want to focus on resolution/graphics or performance. Don't try to tell me that any multiplats that go to Switch magically perform better than the competition. There are 60 FPS games on every console.
>>
The average user cares much more about visual fidelity than smoothness of action.

/thread
>>
Normalfags eat 4k up
They don't care about performance if they can squeeze money out of the dull retards buying ino this meme early
>>
>>386546241
>Nintendo Switch is the weaker of the two yet most of its games are 60fps?

HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA NINTENDO DRONES ARE THIS DELUDED
>>
>>386546241
Sony is doing it to compete with PC, they even said so
Microsoft is doing so to compete with Sony, hence why it's coming a year later
>>
>>386546241
>Hell, Nintendo Switch is the weaker of the two yet most of its games are 60fps?

No,who told you that lie? most of his games are 30fps like zelda
>>
>>386546241
forza 7 runs at 60fps@true 4k
sonygroes eternally btfo
>>
gud grafics sell games. Not 60fps
>>
>>386546340
Probably this and Sony wants to push 4K tvs to make money off it.
>>
>>386546241
It probably was easier to achieve 4K than 1080/60fps. Also 4K is easier to sell to normies/casuals than 60 fps.
>>
Nobody actually cares about 30/60FPS on consoles as long as the performance is stable
>>
>>386546425
https://youtu.be/Fg9ptMnVJmI
>7:26: ...more than 80% of those (games) are 60fps
>>
>>386546529
see >>386546859
>>
>>386546241
>most of its games are 60fps?
Like what? Indieshit and and a few Vita ports?
>>
>>386546948
>more than 80%
>ports and a shitty 3rd person shooter

Yeah sure showed me,now show me doom at 60fps on switch
>>
>>386546739
It could not have been hard, if Xbox One X is the world's most powerful console then it has to have enough power to achieve 60fps with 4K. The only game that proves this is Forza, but that's ONE game that has great performance.
>>
>>386547851
>>386547739
>games are still 60fps regardless and even Digital Foundry agrees while noting what you just said
>>
>>386548614
>show shitty ports of neogeo games with some indie shit
>60fps
>only splatoon which drop to less than 60 sometimes

>toddler still believes those are good games
>>
>>386548351
Well as far as i know it's up to developers and Forza is the only first party game coming to Xbone X so far...and Crackdown but i don't know much about that game.
>>
>>386548820
>splatoon 2 drops one frame yet stays a consistent 60 fp-
UNPLAYABLE
>toddler still believes those are good games
i didn't say the games were good, and besides "good" is subjective.
is this what I get for bringing up the Switch
>>
>>386548614
You do know that even the Vita plays those games at 60FPS you fucking idiot?
Are you really boasting that the Switch plays stuff like a SFII "enhanced" port, neogeo games and mobileshit at 60FPS when literally anything else on the market does?
>>
>>386549097
This is what you get for bringing up the switch and believe all his games run on 60fps when we alrdy know most of them are indie ports and shovelware yes even bomberman.
>>
>>386549349

No, shovelware is basically all the irrelevant shit that doesn't sell on Xbox/PS4. You know, everything on those systems that isn't CoD, Asscreed, Fifa, GTA 5, or Skyrim.
>>
>>386549204
Okay yeah, but tell me why Nintendo is taking 60fps so seriously that instead of just slapping things together and making it run at 4K they work on a way to make their games run at 60fps. Nintendo knows their hardware is weak compared to competition so they work with what they have and achieve solid performance. Even if BOTW was only 30fps, at least they actually made patches to fix framerate drops that occured. Compare that to Sony and Mircosoft who have all the power in the world but only use that to make games look "pretty".
>>
>consoles struggling to reach 60fps
>can't stand my 60hz display/projector after getting used to 120/144hz
>>
>>386549349
>80% of all games
>ALL games run at 60fps
>>
>>386546241
Its the decision of the developers about whether to aim for performance or graphical fidelity, normies are the larger audience so they often choose graphics as it will result in more sales.

Certain developers like Platinum Games go for a solid 60 fps over higher graphics which is why their games are some of the best.
>>
>>386546241
Because its easier to achieve and less demanding for dev you dumbass?
>Nintendo Switch is the weaker of the two yet most of its games are 60fps?
I'm sorry, Zelda is running at 60fps?
>>
>>386549614
>but tell me why Nintendo is taking 60fps so seriously
Because that's the only thing they can manage when it comes to actual performance and quality, all of their games are always two generation behind in terms of anything but framerates, it's a lot easier to pull off 60FPS on undemanding games than it is on games that actually try to keep up with the times.
>Compare that to Sony and Mircosoft who have all the power in the world but only use that to make games look "pretty".
Because people care more about how good a game looks in terms of lightning, textures and polycount than 60 or 144FPS, what's hard to get? You're not seriously comparing stuff like Uncharted or Forza to BoTW and Splatoon I hope? Even FFXIV looks better than that.
>>
>>386548351
>if Xbox One X is the world's most powerful console then it has to have enough power to achieve 60fps with 4K
Because you decided so?
>>
>>386550273
>easier to achieve 4K than 60fps on already powerful hardware
Sounds like laziness to me
Also
>>Nintendo Switch is the weaker of the two yet most of its games are 60fps?
>I'm sorry, Zelda is running at 60fps?
>MOST
>not ALL
Bring up something the Switch is doing right and this happens.
>>
Nobody still truly believes that Xbox is good, they're just trollin because it's easy to get a reaction with such an obviously shit product, deep down they known the truth. Prove me wrong
>>
>>386550526
Thats the number 1 game of the platform you twat.
Its doing nothing right. Every one can make an ugly ass game and make it run at 60fps. You have plenty of indie shit for that.
Holy shit i hope you are baiting at this point.
>>
File: (you).gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>386550837
>>
>>386550372
>all of their games are always two generation behind in terms of anything
just gonna skip over that

>Because people care more about how good a game looks in terms of lightning, textures and polycount than 60 or 144FPS, what's hard to get?
okay and? clearly, the PS4 and Xbox One (X) can pull of something like that because of its power. if graphics are what people care about then why can't they just have a good mix of graphics AND performance? Bloodborne looks nice yet it struggles to keep a playable 30fps?
>>
>>386550882
again
>>>Nintendo Switch is the weaker of the two yet most of its games are 60fps?
>>I'm sorry, Zelda is running at 60fps?
>>MOST
>>not ALL
just because it's the number one game doesn't automatically give it the ability to run at 60fps. there are many "number one" games (not just nintendo ones) that are great but run at a playable 30fps. even if it's just 30 fps, at least the game manages to stay consistent than to struggle keeping that 30fps. there's performance that works, one that works and is great, and one that is bad.
>>
>>386551348
>just gonna skip over that
So you're telling me that something like Splatoon 2, BoTW, Miitopia or Mario Odyssey look good in 2017? When they look like PS3 games at best? Or are we going to discuss how empty BoTW is compared to any other open world game released in the last two years?
>clearly, the PS4 and Xbox One (X) can pull of something like that because of its power.
Look, it's clear you know nothing about programming, hardware, developments and videogames in general, just stop, nobody cares if you like Nintendo that much but stop embarassing yourself over some fucking false argument about framerates, every console is shit compared to PCs anyway so it's a completely irrelevant argument to begin with, even if we put aside the fact that the Switch can only keep good framerates on literal mobileshit and maybe one or two games that have been optimized to run on that specific platform and still have frame drops.
>>
>>386551973
>So you're telling me that something like Splatoon 2, BoTW, Miitopia or Mario Odyssey look good in 2017

Miitopia is 3DS, not Switch, nice cherry picking.

Otherwise, yes, they do actually look nice visually. By 2017 standards. I know you'd rather jizz on realistic rocks, but I want to play video games.
>>
>>386551973
>BoTW looks like this game on PS3
>Miitopia
are we talking about the Switch or the 3DS?
>Or are we going to discuss how empty BoTW is compared to any other open world game
okay I see were this is going
>nobody cares if you like Nintendo that much but stop embarrassing yourself
well I own a PC as well if I liked Nintendo that much I guess I wouldn't say "Nintendo Switch is the weaker of the two" or "the current state of the Switch's online needs reworking"
>it's clear you know nothing about programming, hardware, developments and videogames in general
if you mean to tell me Nintendo can take their weak ass hardware, and end up making a game with solid performance and for some reason no body else can, then I don't know what the hell is going on
>every console is shit compared to PCs anyway so it's a completely irrelevant argument to begin with
................so why did you voice your "opinion" on this argument exactly?
>games that have been optimized to run on that specific platform and still have frame drops.
again
>splatoon 2 drops one frame but manages to stay consisi-
UNPLAYABLE
>botw had framerate drops in the past but is now patche-
UNPLAYABLE

Yeesh, I'm not going to bring up the Switch again when it comes to games that run surprisingly well on it or a question on graphics or performance.
>>
>>386552870
>Miitopia is 3DS, not Switch,
And it still looks and plays worse than budget Vita games while costing double the price.
>they do actually look nice visually. By 2017 standards.
Sure man, whatever you say.
>I know you'd rather jizz on realistic rocks, but I want to play video games.
So now graphics don't count at all because Nintendo games are more "games" than the competition?
Nice damage control.
>>
File: fallout3_bestps3game.jpg (237KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
fallout3_bestps3game.jpg
237KB, 800x450px
>>386551973
oh I almost forgot the picture
see >>386553068
>>
>>386546241
Because 30fps is perfectly fine and only pc.uck manchildren pretend to get nausea from it because they're litteral babies who are too caught up installing mods to actually play video games.
>>
>>386552870
>I know you'd rather jizz on realistic rocks, but I want to play video games
this
someone finally gets it
>>
>>386553317
I know it is. But what I don't get is how some games struggle to keep that on powerful hardware.
>>
>>386553418
What are you talking about? Nothing is preventing the devs to make a 60fps game if they want.
>>
>>386553514
I didn't say anything was preventing them...
>>
>>386553140

Maybe you prefer screenshots to games, I dunno. I can't think of any other reason you'd be wanking over 4k. Unless you are claiming the Switch doesn't do 1080p?
>>
>>386553752
so whats your point?
>>386553759
Because 4k looks better than 1080p? Why are you asking stupid questions?
>>
>>386546529
>Zelda
>30fps

I wish.
>>
>>386546241
Because the CPUs they're using for these things are mobile-tier dogshit that are simply incapable of 60fps for AAA games, no matter how much you dial down the grafix.

Need to wait until the next generation consoles where they'll probably be using AMD APUs that have Ryzen CPUs and Vega GPUs. I'm sure devs will probably still aim for 30fps but at the least it should be a bit more consistent/stable.
>>
>>386550526
For some it is laziness. For others it is because the AI(amount) and physics calculations are too much for 60fps.
>>
>>386546241
Pretty much because it's easier for marketing teams to showcase 4k in screenshots while 60fps is impossible to showcase in stills.
>>
>>386553068
>are we talking about the Switch or the 3DS?
I'm talking about Nintendo in general and how they're always behind the competition on every platform.
>if you mean to tell me Nintendo can take their weak ass hardware, and end up making a game with solid performance
Again, because it's easy to do so when you make games that demand much less power and resources than the competition. My 5 year old laptop toaster can run DMC4 flawlessly at 60 FPS with no drops, but it's not exactly extraordinary.
>so why did you voice your "opinion" on this argument exactly?
Because this argument is not only stupid due to false premises, but it's pointless to begin with because consoles aren't about performance, I'm sorry you redditors still can't get this.
Nice cherrypicking with Fallout 3 by the way.
>>386553759
>I can't think of any other reason you'd be wanking over 4k
I don't even care about 4K nor have I ever mentioned stuff like that, stop putting words in other people's mouth, imbecile.

You inbred retards still don't understand that Nintendo's games don't actually push the hardware they're on like the competition does on their shitty hardware, that's all there is to it, Nintendo plays safe by making simple and undemanding software for the hardware it's on, the others don't, the fact that you imply any of their first party games can even compete in terms of looks with other games in the competition is atrociously embarassing.
>>
>>386553913
>I want to count pixels than to actually play the game
>>
>>386554696
>nintendo fags are so poor they pretend theres no difference between 1080p and 4k.
>>
>>386554696
>I want to count frames per second than to actually play the game
This is how stupid you sound.
>>
>>386554695
>Nice cherrypicking with Fallout 3 by the way
well you did say "ps3 game" instead of something more specific leaving a wide variety of ps3 games to choose from
>You inbred retards still don't understand that Nintendo's games don't actually push the hardware
Zelda BOTW pushed the Switch and the Wii U, why else did it have framerate drops?
>Nintendo plays safe by making simple and undemanding software for the hardware it's on
If they played it sooooo safe, how come someone would say "this game is running at 60fps" or "this game is running at 1080p" during their own Nintendo Treehouse livestreams?
>>
>>386555148
yet
number of frames = performance
and you need good performance to play the game, 30fps or 60.
you wouldn't want to play a fast-paced game like overwatch at 5 fps would you?
>>
>>386555193
>Zelda BOTW pushed the Switch and the Wii U, why else did it have framerate drops?

Zelda does not push the Switch. You can't patch out that with software bugfixes. Which Nintendo has done.
>>
>>386555361
Did 20fps prevent you from playing Zelda OOT you nintendo cock sucker?
>>
File: 1497200532922.png (113KB, 666x656px) Image search: [Google]
1497200532922.png
113KB, 666x656px
Xbox One X is the console hardware we deserve.
>>
>>386555193
>leaving a wide variety of ps3 games to choose from
Not my fault if the Switch has less games than a fucking PS3 of all things.
>Zelda BOTW pushed the Switch and the Wii U
More like it was terribly optimized if a single patch made it run better.
>how come someone would say "this game is running at 60fps" or "this game is running at 1080p" during their own Nintendo Treehouse livestreams?
Because pulling off numbers works best for baiting morons like you, and also because 1080p, a standard from years ago, seems like science fiction to Nintendo users, who are living two generations behind.
>>386555361
So number of frames per second is performance but resolution isn't?
You keep on proving how retarded you are.

Last pity (You) you're going to get from me.
>>
>>386555585
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhoiGxl6bnE
this is how it ran before the patch
>>
>>386555609
how's crash bandicoot on the ps4 pro?
>>
>>386555941
Answer my question first.
I don't have a ps4 pro, i play on PC.
>>
>>386555848
Holy fuck this game is empty.
You can tell that they didn't want to put more than 2 npc on screen otherwise the framerate would immedialty tank.
What have you done nintendo?
>>
>>386555730
>not my fault if the Switch has less games than a fucking PS3 of all things
lord jesus
>more like it was terribly optimized if a single patch made it run better
so how come the Wii U STILL has framerate drops compared to the Switch after the patch
>because pulling off numbers works best for baiting morons like you
take a look at digital foundry's analysis on MK8D, Splatoon 2, and ARMS.
>and also because 1080p, a standard from years ago, seems like science fiction to Nintendo users, who are living two generations behind
of course, because everything needs to 4K at the sacrifice of performance. (not to mention there's also games that run at 900p on Xbox One and very rarely the PS4 which for that games are usually 1080p)
>So number of frames per second is performance but resolution isn't? You keep on proving how retarded you are.
mhm, because running games at 4K will make your frames better depending on hardware
>last pity (You) you're going to get from me
good, because this was a unnecessary, prolonged argument over something simple.
>>
>>386546241
4k is something that can easily be sold to the lowest common denominator as something better
>>
>>386556417
>so how come the Wii U STILL has framerate drops compared to the Switch after the patch
Because they didn't give a fuck about the wiiU version? You know, lazy dev...
>>
Do we need 4k on consoles?
>>
>>386553317
>30fps is perfectly fine
t. blind man
>>
>>386556075
okay.
to be honest, no.
but i guess maybe that's because this is a game that's running on hardware from the 90s so why should I have high expectations that the game will run at 60fps? or maybe i just wanted to played OOT, who knows?
>>
>>386546395
>>386546401
These

I would also throw the master race in here too. Because of those fags they brainwashed others to constantly want improved graphics. I would much rather stable framerates with games that have decent graphics with solid artyles instead.
>>
>>386546601
>Forza 7
>>
>>386556815
>and you need good performance to play the game
This is what you stated. I guess people in the 90s werent playing games.
>>
>>386556516
If they didn't give a fuck, why was the patch released on both consoles then.
Not to mention a hardware update that screwed everyone with a hacked Wii U over.
>>
>>386556923
To pretend that they care about the WiiU? Not like these guys have a reputation to be the biggest cuck of the vydia consummers.
>Not to mention a hardware update that screwed everyone with a hacked Wii U over.
See you have your answer.
>>
Because they have a financial stake in forcing forward the advancement of screen sizes and encouraging people to upgrade TVs and hardware. Sony makes fucking TVs, and Microsoft likely has stakes in or owns a company who does.
>>
>>386556917
>this is a game from the 90s
>today's date is august 8th, 2017
games like these are classic games, so again, why should I have high standards that it will run well?
people in the 90s were probably more focused on bits, anyhow.
>>
>>386557057
>to pretend they care
>to be a cuck
>to actually care
pick one
>>
>>386546241
4KTV's, Sony wants money, Microsoft can't fall behind
>>
The PS4 Pro bombed pretty hard FYI. I imagine Sony is shitting bricks and pushing back the PS5 to avoid another PS3 situation.
>>
>>386557215
Problem is : No one cares about your "high standards". People are fine with 30fps and wants good graphics.
Thats why ps4 will outsold both the wiiU and the switch.
And thats why AAA dev wanna don't wanna stick with nintendo.
>>
>>386557907
>i thought I stressed 30fps was fine too
>>
>>386558301
Not my fault. The consummers love high quality image and don't mind 30fps, especially now that motion blur is a thing.
Also more and more people are getting 4k tv.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.