[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not even in top 50 steam games at launch Is this gonna be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg (58KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
58KB, 460x215px
>not even in top 50 steam games at launch

Is this gonna be the biggest failure yet?
>>
>>386541041
literally what game
>>
>Overwatch with Quake Arena gameplay
>successful
>>
How long until it becomes F2P on PSN?
>>
>>386541625
>hero shooter with abilities, one shot ults, 1-2 weapons per character and asymmetric passive character movement
>"but it's fast so it's quake arena gameplay!"
>>
>>386541723
Less then month. It's a definition of a dead game.
>>
>>386541041

I played LawBreakers, it was awful beyond repair. It's like call of duty but somehow they made it even worse.
>>
>>386541625
>Quake Arena has abilities on cool downs
>Quake Arena has 9 characters with unique loadouts and abilities
>Quake Arena does not have weapon and power up pickups
>Quake Arena is only 5v5
>Quake Arena has anti gravity zones that let hitscan weapons dominate
>>
I bought it last night because the idea of unreal without gravity sounds fun.

But without gravity, the game relies on speed abilities. And the areas with gravity are so fucking slow is unbearable.
This game somehow manages to be nothing it claims to be, all the while trying too hard to be what it isnt.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170808-095336.png (306KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170808-095336.png
306KB, 1080x1920px
These are the current stats of the game on steam, according to steamspy
>>
>>386541969
Well to be fair, Quake Champions sort of fits in there.
>>
Does anyone have any stats from similar games over launch week/month to look at? I wanna know just how dead lawbreakers is.
>>
>Battleborn
>Evolve
>Lawbreakers
There is a reason all these games were DoA and if you can't see why then you clearly lack understanding of game design and current game culture and most likely severe lack of experience with Modding Community as well as overestimation of said communities size.
>>
>>386541041
Too many games are made. Too many use the same formula just with a different coat or one different mechanic.
>>
>>386542078
That sounds like a failure.
For a multiplayer game the playerbase is too low. If you take the owner, consider how many are in the same timezone, have their main playing time and are divided by skilllevel, the feel of good matches and replayability tend to 10%.
To make the owner and players happy, you need heavy community work. Thats unlikely to happen or work.
>>
>>386542519
You could add Wildstar and for honor. or some of the mobas they launched year ago.
>>
>>386543159
For Honor yes, I agree,
but I would say MMOs and MOBAs have a bit different fundamental problems.
>>
>>386543313
Do you think? I think they fit perfectly.
Rely on multiplayer, comes in an already crowded/top dog genre, repeatedy gameplay, e-sport similarity and have to be pampering playerbase (bugs, balance, community communication)
>>
If this had actually good aesthetics, it could have lived.
>>
File: 1499331757523.jpg (32KB, 318x303px) Image search: [Google]
1499331757523.jpg
32KB, 318x303px
>hero based shooter with le diversity meme
>>
>>386541723
Not much i guess. Does battleborn even has a free to play version on ps4? I actually liked the beta but i ain't paying money for that.
>>
>>386543929
One the big outlines of Modern games is that they do not cultivate a sense of an in game community.
Another is that DLC has replaced a constant stream of free player created content.
Many games that are coming out 10 years ago would have been a Gamemode or a map part of a bigger tittle.
Games with modding communities survived for decades, now tittles drop off as fast as they release.
>>
>>386545464
Well if it's worth anything, the Tribes spiritual successor game Midair is coming out this year and they've confirmed user mapmaking tools.
>>
>>386545684
lets hope they do well
>>
>>386542078
Doing better than Tacoma, at least.
>>
File: 1483952936115.gif (2MB, 325x235px) Image search: [Google]
1483952936115.gif
2MB, 325x235px
>>386541041
Top 50? It's not even in the top 100.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.