[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/atelier- liddy-soeur-launches-ps4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/atelier-liddy-soeur-launches-ps4-switch-ps-vita-winter-japan

New Atelier with 2 main characters announced for PS4, Switch and Vita.

which will you be getting?
>>
Switch maybe? I think RPGs play the best on handhelds. Haven't played an Atelier in forever though.
>>
> Souer’s older sister
> opposite of her older sister.

d*mn, preordered
>>
PS4 of course

If I want to play it on handheld, can just remote-play it on my Vita from the PS4
>>
The eventual PC port.
>>
Imagine ironically caring about this nep and senran kagura tier kusoge shovelware. Literally bottom tier of all Japanese games.
>>
Either switch, or as anon said, the eventual PC port. The characters look cute too, but I'm really not holding my breath, given how the Mystery series have been underwhelming at best. Too bad, the cauldron placement thing is kinda fun, but other than that, these have so many pacing issues.
>>
File: thinking.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.gif
613KB, 498x498px
>>386534179
>Switch is actually starting to gain steam
who would've known.
>>
>>386535394
Makes sense to put the kind of games Vita would get on it, it's easy money for little porting work.
>>
>>386534179
I'd get the Vita version if it doesn't have fps problems or the "can't fit everything into Vita's 3.5GB max game cart" problem. But judging from the Vita quality of Sophie and Firis, looks like I'll be getting the Switch version instead.
>>
>>386535525
I can see Switch being the sweet spot "base target" for Japanese devs to make their game multiplatform. The power is only slightly weaker than the PS3, although it has significantly more RAM.

In the past, devs used to target PS3 as the base version of their games, then either downscale their assets for the Vita and disable some graphic effects, or add more graphic effects / smoother fps for the PS4.

The only problem is probably Nintendo's content guidelines, which is why panty quest type of game goes to Sony systems.
>>
>>386534179
why won't they give it a rest

even assassin's creed stopped
>>
>>386535914
Doubt that, PS4 is the base game these days while everything else gets downgraded
>>
>>386534179
Hope it comes west.

I've always preferred Atelier games on a handheld
>>
>>386535914
>The power is only slightly weaker than the PS3
That doesn't sound true at all, especially docked
>>
>>386536167
Pretty much this. The PS4 leads the console race by a wide margin, especially in Japan, so all games are made for it first. When put on weaker hardware, they just compromise framerate and worsen the textures and draw distance because that's the easiest performance saving modification you can do. When put on stronger hardware like PC, at best make it a straight port of the PS4 version, but inflate the system requirements far above those of PC hardware comparable to the PS4s.
>>
>>386535914
>The only problem is probably Nintendo's content guidelines, which is why panty quest type of game goes to Sony systems.
Senran Kagura has no issues being on Nintendo systems, including the Switch spinoff which features hands-on sexual harassment. I doubt the guidelines can be that strict.
>>
>>386535394
I think it's very dependent on UE4 support in Japan, really. UE4 is supported by Switch and scales incredibly well, but Nintendo put a big gamble on it being successful with the indie japs.
>>
>>386537074
>Unity currently has issues running on Switch and games with upscaled PS1 assets such as I am Setsuna had to have their framerate halved
>UE4 runs buttery-smooth and much more graphically intensive games like Snake Pass look beautiful and never stutter
Unity was a mistake.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.