[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys do when you get burned out on games? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: hohum.gif (988KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hohum.gif
988KB, 500x500px
What do you guys do when you get burned out on games?

I've barely been able to play anything lately, whenever I try to start something I lose interest quickly and drop it, even if it's a game I love.

Are there any games you started when you were in a slump that brought you out of it? I've been so bored lately, I don't know what to do other than play games and I can't even enjoy that lately.
>>
>>386525873
Do you even have friends who keeps you telling which game to play by some sort of challenge you could do with them or just playing with someone sonething that has no point just with the sake of wasting time blissfully?
Why it's even reliable to discuss this in this site at first
>>
try a different genre

if you play nothing but FPS games or whatever then yeah, you're gonna get bored at some point

also booze

or if there's a game you're autistic tier good at then fire up a timer and see how fast you can beat it.
>>
Mmmmmm....
>>
>>386525873
Getting someone to play them with pulled me out of it
>>
Try a rhythm game or maybe tetris
>>
File: 1501795467523.png (152KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501795467523.png
152KB, 500x500px
>>386525873
>I don't know what to do other than play games and I can't even enjoy that lately.

Get a job.
You'll appreciate your downtime more.
>>
>>386526897
possibly my favorite meme on the whole board

>be wagie
>stare at screen all work
>get home
>too tired to want to play
>have to be in bed soon anyway
>>
>>386529072
at work*
>>
>>386525873
Agreeing with the other anon that you should try different types of games, but you could geniunely consider taking a break from vidya and pursuing a new interest for a bit
>>
>>386525873
Try out new games. Especially difficult ones or the ones with high learning curve.

Whenever i am tired of playing vidya i just look for a new difficult game to play so I have to move out of my comfort zone. Ppl just need to shake things not only in gaming but in life general. Venturing out to the unknown is exciting. For me I am not locking myself in one genre, but playing several. A lot of people just prefer to play games from one genre (Shooters, Strategy, Simulation, RPGs etc.), which in my opinion is not healthy. Trying out different stuff is for the better and you won't lose anything but your time if you don't like those games. And your time would have been wasted anyway being bored of games so you won't lose shit.
>>
>>386525873
I think for me, it's quality.
There's so much choice, I get stung quite a lot for taking risks.
Bloodborne and BOTW were the two games in the last 6 months where I just sank like 80 hours in 2 weeks for each game which is rare for me.

Don't fall for flash sales on Steam or PSN unless you really want something.
I realise I need to play something close to buying it to feel excited about it.
When I have a cheap backlog, I don't really give much of a fuck about any of it.
A lot of PS Plus stuff is garbage. I used to force myself to play whatever it was, but now I don't torture myself with it.
>>
>>386531307
Furthermore, I go through phases where I'll almost entirely stop watching tv shows and movies and music.
It's strange.
Been watching a lot of anime recently. Stopped reading US comics and just read manga and watch anime.

If you have a craving for something, pursue it. Don't deny yourself fun over something you feel like you have to finish or complete or get into something you're not feeling that has a lot of hype about it.
>>
>>386529072
It's not true.
I suffer a lot of burnout at work when I have a few intensive weeks of it, so that's when I'm playing games the most.

Too tired to go out for a meal or go to the cinema or see a gig or whatever.
>>
>>386525873
I watch Saltybet or play a different game.
>>
I had that. Switch to a new genre to play on the side, I decided to get Depth since it was so cheap and was genuinely impressed
>>
Currently in a funk myself. Just picked up Splatoon 2 yesterday and had genuine fun for about an hour, then got tired. I generally go with
>can play with friends
>an older game I never beat
>skippable cutscenes, if any at all
>explorable open world

Thinking about playing games is a lot more fun than playing games right now.
>>
I get more pleasure from going to the gym these days than playing vidya.
>>
I feel like that lately too. I find I can't really play a game for more than an hour unless it has an online component.

I did play titanfall 2's campaign however and loved the shit out of it. I highly recommend that if you're in a gaming slump.
>>
Join a clan or guild or community of a game you like.

Personally i find myself playing hearts of iron 4 multiplayer Almost all the time because its so much fun. Most servers have you join discord or TeamSpeak.

Another suggestion would be a milsim clan in arma 3 for maximum tacticool operating.

Maybe try join RP community in for example arma 3 alltis life or gta5 rp servers on fiveM for example.

I feel burned when playing singleplayer but going online and interacting with voice chat makes me forget the hours like my old days.
>>
>picked up SuperHot, Hollow Knight, and Hotline Miami 2 during the summer sale
>total time played between them: 3 hours
>>
>>386525873
Watch youtube videos and jerk off all day. I usuAlly get the same feeling when a new game is coming out and i want to play it so badly i would rather just wait until it comes out to play anything so i dont get hooked on that instead
>>
Binding of Isaac is pretty good for getting you back into at least playing something. I actually really don't like a lot about the game, but it's just interesting enough to play for long periods of time. Any decent rogue-likes I could put time into that are just as casual to play and don't have a ton of shit to them?
>>
>>386525873
Does anyone else have a link to a good website with a list of games that I can filter quite easily? I feel like I want to play something new, but it's just about finding it. When I play bizarre or lesser known games I usually get my fun from them. It's just realizing they even exist. I've played quite a lot of stranger games though.
>>
>>386533161
I'm sure there's a decent roll.jpg out there, anyone have one saved?
>>
>>386526491
oh-hoh!
>>
>>386532007
this titanfall 2's campaign was very good
>>
fuuuck yhorm killed the guy and fucked up my quest
>>
>>386525873
>I've been so bored lately, I don't know what to do other than play games and I can't even enjoy that lately.

Get some other hobbies
>>
>>386533594
Still closed!
>>
I read a book or pick up my guitar and try to learn it. Seriously, just step away from the games and do something else and you will feel like playing again within hours. Also, as other people said: try different types and don't stick to just one>
>>
File: pooh.jpg (51KB, 540x479px) Image search: [Google]
pooh.jpg
51KB, 540x479px
I started replaying Silent Hill 3 yesterday, played an hour and dropped it. Must give a few times, though. Same has happened on numerous games lately. The last game I truly enjoyed was Alien: Isolation and the lost alpha mod for stalker, even though it was buggy as hell.
>>
>>386525873
Name a few that bored you lately.
>>
>>386534005
I dont know shit about titan fall i thought it was just some multiplayer shooter.
>>
>>386525873
You're maturing, congratulations
>>
>>386535108
either did I, never played the first one but pirated in for PC and was impressed. Idk if the multiplayer is still active but i'd definitely buy it
>>
>>386525873
Watch movies or listen to new music. It helps to have another hobby too. Sometimes I'll just go crazy with cheats in single player games and play around, which can be fun in its own way.
>>
>>386525873
When you get towards 30.

I think Dark Souls 3 (which I only bought this year) was the last big hoorah push for me. Other things just feel really mundane.

I think in a few months time (when I hit the big three oh) is when I'll actually put it down.

It's been a fun run, guys. PS Overwatch is kinda boring, like most Blizzard titles.
>>
>>386525873
Euro/American truck Simulator. Just do it.
>>
I know what you mean. I've just been there.
I took two weeks off from work and started playing the Witcher 3. I haven't been able to put it down since I started. There's just so much to do, so much to explore and playing in death March you really have to prepare for fights, at the start, later on it gets easier.
Try this, just relax and play a game you can lose yourself in
>>
File: IMG_3297.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3297.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>386525873
Just find a job.

I was bored by video games too when I was semi-neet. Then I found a pretty tiring job but when I come back from work, I'm fucking happy playing any game. I'm enjoying Stormblood recently, everything is more enjoyable.
>>
>>386535000
Alien Isolation was fucking terrifying with an Oculus Rift DK2. Couldn't manage to play more than half an hour, even though I played through the whole game before. I'd imagine it would be even worse with a Vive.

I'm also currently going through a gaming slump... have tons of unplayed games, was alone at home for the last two weeks and actually wanted to start FC:Primal and continue the new DOOM, but only ever watched Anime instead - or did literally nothing. I just don't have enough motivation to keep going right now, existance is exhausting.
>>
>>386534903
>Comes to lordran because he heard the undead profecy
>Doesn't figure he has to ring both bells of awakening
>Sits on his ass as waits for something to happen

Was he, dare I say, /our guy/?
>>
>multiplayer has broken my desire to play single player games
>multiplayer games are boring now
>want to start reading again, pick up a bunch of new stuff
>end up playing the same multiplayer shit I don't really enjoy anyway
why do I sabotage myself
>>
>>386539163
That's what many people are really good at, and of course you keep doing what you're good at
>>
>>386539242
I'm used to sabotaging my relationships and hopes of advancement in life but this is ridiculous.

typing this as I queue up for a game again.
>>
>>386525873
If you're giving up after a few minutes then your attention span is fucked, force yourself to play a single game for an hour or so without browsing the web (especially here).
That helps with me anyway.
>>
>>386533161
Depresurizer for Steam has filters. It's how I tackle my backlog.
>>
>>386525873
I switch to anime or books/quests on /qst/ until I get tired of them nd go back to vidya
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.