[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get into dark souls 3? I can handle the hardness but dont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Hawkwood.jpg (77KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkwood.jpg
77KB, 960x540px
How to get into dark souls 3? I can handle the hardness but dont like how if you die to a boss you have to run from the last shrine. This kinda constricts my ability to experiment with the boss because if I die I cant just reload a save but have to run a loong area just to get btfo again. Currently on the 3rd boss.
>>
Just keep playing
>>
>>386524012
you already knew what the answer was before you made this thread.
>>
>>386524012
Welcome to the reason I don't like dark souls. The bits in between bosses are boring and tedious. All the fun is the bosses.
>>
>>386524012
You never played anything with check points?
>>
>>386524012
Long area? The runs to the bosses are super short.
>>
>>386524012
>he has trouble with the easiest Souls game
>>
>>386524316
That would be DS2
>>
>>386524012
There's usually shortcuts to discover to make the run to the boss easier.

Don't forget you can go back and level or upgrade at any bonfire.
>>
>>386524383
I want to argue this but 2 was pretty easy
>>
>>386524012
Look for the shortcut, and run past all the enemies. It shouldn't take you longer than a minute to get back to most bosses.
>>
>>386524253
Not really. I'm in that area where those bucket smashing monsters first show up. So I have to run from the shrine and dodge their buckets just to save estus flasks. Then get to boss and he 2 shots me
>>
>>386524510
Is the 3rd boss the tree?
>>
>>386524612
Ya there are 2 bosses, the tree and another silver dog looking thing. the dog is fucking me up.
>>
i do really like this game,i have the 97% of trophys in the PS4 and i do enjoy the DLC (Ringed city,Ashes of ariandel sucks) and i hope that the gamers try it because is a good game
>>
File: ThisThread.gif (960KB, 338x350px) Image search: [Google]
ThisThread.gif
960KB, 338x350px
>>386524012
>Skips to the third game
Second easiest, so its pretty much normal mode.
>>
>>386524802
You mean the ice guy at the bottom of the elevator? That's not even a boss. Try baiting him into the room with the elevator, then book it back to the room where he spawns and open the door, doing so should help you out greatly...
>>
Roll
Press R1
>>
>>386524802
>silver dog
Not sure what that is but if you are where i think you are. There is a bonfire near the pot smashing guy.
When you hit the bridge before the pot guy and his buddies throwing firebombs take a look of the right side of the bridge and there should be a ledge with two enemies on it.
Kill them and head inside the house for a bonfire.
>>
>>386524802
there is a bonfire in the room right after the ice dog. you don't have to beat the dog man
>>
>>386526003
ty
>>
File: dark souls pop team epic.jpg (72KB, 728x958px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls pop team epic.jpg
72KB, 728x958px
>>386524316
i don't know why, but the first time i played dark souls 3 i couldn't wrap my head around it and kept dying. i got to vordt and killed him, and then boom, the game just got super easy from that point onwards.
>>
>>386524012
The hardest bosses have nothing to interrupt the paths to them. If it's hard to get to a boss, it usually means it's easier. Also, there are always shortcuts to every boss and you should just run past the scrubs. With a few exceptions, they mostly can't run fast enough to get you.
>>
>>386524012
>this DS3 babby will be talking shit about DS2 in a few months
Top kek
>>
Look up speedruns on YT. I recommend LobosJr.
He usually takes the quickest route - you don't have to kill all enemies.
also, enemies can't follow you into the boss room.

The ice/silver dog thing is actually a person - at the bottom of the elevator.
You can just dodge past it, open the door (you can't get hi when opening doors) and roll outside and hit the bonfire.

The tree is an optional boss and probably saved for later on. Just don't spend any boss souls.

Seriously, try just running straight for the boss and ignoring most enemies. It does wonders.
>>
>>386531678
>Seriously, try just running straight for the boss and ignoring most enemies. It does wonders.
At first everyone should aim to completely clear every level at least once and only run for the bosses once they've explored the map. Speed running isn't possible unless the player is actually somewhat gud.
>>
>>386524156

this.

why do people make these threads? what can they learn besides just play it?
>>
File: Kos or some say Kosm.jpg (225KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Kos or some say Kosm.jpg
225KB, 800x533px
Why is OP always a faggot shitter? Has there ever been a time where the OP was good at videogames?

Look at this shit:
>>386524012
>>386524510
>>386524802
>>386527942

What a fucking idiot, holy shit.
>>
>>386524012
Just run passed everything. As a general rule in DaS1 and 3, you can run passed pretty much every enemy without consequence.

>>386524157
>All the fun is the bosses.
The irony of this is that the bosses are generally the easiest parts of the game.

>>386529273
DaS3 is only difficult before you realize how fucked the inherent combat mechanics are. Once you realize you can roll 12-20 times in a row, estus, then roll another 10 times, completely without punishment, the game quickly becomes a breeze.
>>
>>386535181
I'm killing some gay dragon and Lotric Princess myself. Guess I'm getting close to the end because I already have +10 equipment.
Game starts hard but as with DS2 it becomes a lot easier. The games have stupid progression.
>>
>>386524012
Git gud you fucking casual
>>
>>386524012
you just have to dash to the boss ignoring all enemies
for example to get to the 3rd boss which would be the curse rotten greatwood you need less than 30 seconds to get to him from the Cliff Underside bonfire through the big door - after opening it coming from the Dilapidated Bridge
>>
>>386533904
well right now OP is thinking "I guess just soldier on is the answer, but maybe there's something I missed?"

and he probably did miss something, maybe he doesn't know tree jump which can make a new player's life a load easier cos of the extra items you get

maybe he fights every enemy on the way to the boss each retry

maybe he missed a bonfire

maybe he hasn't upgraded his weapon or is using a shit weapon or is fatrolling or a whole host of other things
>>
>>386535443
your character is supposed to get pretty broken
>>
>>386535443
>Game starts hard but as with DS2 it becomes a lot easier. The games have stupid progression.
It's a mix of developing a bit of muscle memory and learning how to exploit the three game's bad combat mechanics.
>>
>>386534913
To be fair irythill outriders are mini-gwyns that can't be parried :^)
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.