[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok. So hear me out. Casual Zelda fans and fanatics alike. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6871.png (387KB, 685x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6871.png
387KB, 685x325px
Ok. So hear me out. Casual Zelda fans and fanatics alike.

How possible is it for there to be a switch up where Link ISNT the hero of a Zelda game. Is it possible for Ganon himself to take on the role of not really a hero but an anti hero type? Or perhaps even better, what if the the Triforce of Power itself were to come into the hands of someone completely different with a good heart (or at least someone who's a bad guy but not a BAD guy) and they have to defeat those who have aquirred and are abusing the powers of the Triforce of Courage and Wisdom?

Or am I being completely delusional and there in canon info I'm missing that prevents this from being possible, not matter the timeline continuity.
>>
>>386516916
nintendo wouldn't take a risk
>>
>>386516916
no
>>
File: Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png (201KB, 256x326px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png
201KB, 256x326px
Last time someone did this it made a great game though youtube memesters say otherwise
>>
>>386516916

I think it would be a neat twist, the only problem is it's hard to take the Triforce of Courage as a bad thing. Power is easy, you can abuse power to create he world you want but is bad for everyone else. Theoretically, you could use the Triforce of Wisdom to shape the world into something worse, or do a sort of "ends justify the means" scenario where you cause great harm for what you think is good. Triforce of Courage? It's hard to make "courage" have a bad side.

Also Nintendo only uses these things as backdrops and the story of any zelda game will never go deeper than "Ganon/other badguy is gonna end Hyrule/Termina/the World, stop him!"
>>
>>386516916
I'd rather see Din herself become the true final boss, thus exposing her true motivations of malice, despite helping Farore and Nayru create the world.
Like, after defeating Ganon, Din is all like "Enough!" and tries to stop Link and Zelda herself.
I mean, think; why is it always a villain that lays claim to the triforce of power?
>>
>>386517206
>It's hard to make "courage" have a bad side.
Have a world that's constantly filled with terrible monsters and dangers to test yourself against at the cost of an actual peaceful life?
>>
>>386517206
>>386517340
Or what if you need to triforce of courage to balance out the corrupting influence of the The triforce of power. After that, I like what you were going there with how wisdom could lead to something worse or equally unnatural as a world plunged into chaos and darkness.

It could truly be the questions of duality. Is utter Harmony possible without Discord. Could the universe be at peace if the scales tip too far one way or another.

I'd REALLY wanna see a narrative go down like this and see how it plays out but I'm scared it'll go TOO far or maybe not far enough and we'll be stuck with the "save the princess and defeat evil bad guy *trumpet toots*"
>>
>>386517832
This plot is quickly approaching PS1-era JRPG levels of symbolism and depth.
The Zelda formula is, sadly, incompatible.
>inb4 "buh majora's mask was 16deep256me"
>>
>>386516916
Just read fanfic
>>
>>386516916
The only thing I can see is a spin-off where you play as Zelda. Otherwise, mainline games will always star Link. If you want different dynamics then you have to use villains that aren't Ganon.
>>
>>386518087
Hmmm. I honestly didn't realize that myself actually where my thinking was going but that should prove it'd be amazing. Hell, Botw is essential the most hardcore JRPG Outlook of Zelda we've gotten so ratcheting up the narrative could do wonders.

But I get why they might not go that way. Maybe it's just part of the overall bison they have for link and his adventures but I just wonder how long can one execute the same formula over and over again. it'd take literal magic to keep it fresh. I always liked that about Zelda as it's a unique experiences every iteration yet follows a basic route. And who can knock on the ever endearing tale of a hero rising up to put his life on the line to defeat the enemy and get the girl.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.