[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been playing dota 2 for some time and i fucking love the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1476130301571.jpg (39KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
1476130301571.jpg
39KB, 534x486px
Been playing dota 2 for some time and i fucking love the game but i cannot stand the community nor my stress with the game.

Should i just keep it as my side hobby game that i enjoy? or should i REALLY quit it even tho i am borderline addicted to it?

I want to know specially what veterans think of it.
>>
>>386511227
All mobas are like that, play games that are actually fun and not stressful shit where you're paired with retards.
>>
>>386511227
Dota is a waste of time, I'm glad I don't play it anymore. You're probably going to sink in another couple hundred engaging hours before you realize that too. Honestly you could invest your time in something way more productive and rewarding. Trust me, Dota is shit. Unless you have friends, you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>386511452
Every competitive or PvP game is stressful. I keep coming back to a MOBA because i think its probably the best essense of teamwork in any game ever.

Even on CSGO luck and good reflexes would let you carry the entire team. But in Dota or the principle of a MOBA, everyone has to work together to win.
>>
I've been playing since somewhere around 2014, game has changed a lot. There is still value in playing it, as long as you don't get matched up with Peruvians, Russians, etc.
Been playing on and off since Reborn update
You should continue playing if it's fun, obviously, but remember to take a break if you get a losing streak or a match pisses you off
>>
>>386511628
That's the thing. I mostly wanna play because of my solo MMR.
>>
>>386511227
Try embracing the stress. Accept it. Learn to love it. Live for it. Let it drive you. Those toxic fucks are your fucks. It's your game.
>>
File: dota hours.jpg (11KB, 344x140px) Image search: [Google]
dota hours.jpg
11KB, 344x140px
>>386511227
just quit now, it's not worth it unless you have a good group of friends who you can regularly play with and you get along with well. 3k hours isn't even that much but I wish I had put those hours into, if not a real skill then at least brood war or my backlog. dota is kept constantly changing so unless you're constantly playing it's impossible to keep up. the actual, genuine content updates are so slow and so far apart that all you get to look forward to is new hats and balance changes.

if anything I'd say you're better off learning to use the game editor to make custom maps. the editor serves as a useful prototyping tool for designing your own games and there's a chance that in the future gaben will monetise custom games so if you get gud with the editor you might stand a chance to actually make some money in the future.

solo queue is total cancer, there's no two ways about it. if you have friends that also love dota then it's great fun to play in a stack but if you're trying to go at it alone just quit now before you hate the game and yourself.

>>386511756
i hit update before posting and just saw this. just drop the game my dude, it's not worth it.
>>
>>386511756
If you're playing it because of a number I'd say you should reconsider if you should continue playing and if it's actually fun to play the game, not just the result
>>
>>386511756
If you can only have fun when you gain +25 MMR then you shouldn't play.
>>
>>386511819
I will not become a sith.

It also gets worse when -i- am the fucker that ends up driving the team to the ground. SOmetimes i fucking beat the shit outta anyone, and sometimes, specially in the last 4 matches, i end up accidentally feeding and feeling angry at myself.
>>
>>386511924
i think the game IS fun.

But i just focus on the MMR shit a lot.
>>
I liked the game when I started playing, hated when I was stuck around 3-4k and now enjoy it a lot more in the low 5k's. People are usually pretty friendly and know what they're doing.

I've spent too many hours in it though.
>>
File: dota.png (37KB, 247x90px) Image search: [Google]
dota.png
37KB, 247x90px
I dunno OP if you really dont wanna play it so much that youre making a thread about it then dont play it. I havent played in about a year.

I dont think im more happy or less stressed I just got a bit tired of the game. If you really think dota is messing up your life than just stop playing and find another game.
>>
File: tim-de-zarn[1].jpg (64KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tim-de-zarn[1].jpg
64KB, 320x240px
>>386512503
Why did you even make this thread? You've obviously already made your mind up. You've been warned not to go down this road, it's up to you whether to turn back or ignore the warning.
>>
>>386512945
I want to make this thread to hear from people that had experiences with the game if they are happy or not to have spent so much time in it, or if they consider it a total waste of time that they wish they had gone back in time to revert.
>>
>>386511227
You gotta find some friends to play it with man. I'm addicted too.
I cant find any friends either
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.