[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love grand strategy, I love space themed games and I love the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: ste.jpg (132KB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
ste.jpg
132KB, 1920x818px
I love grand strategy, I love space themed games and I love the Master of Orion series (Except for 3). Why is this game not clicking with me?
>>
>>386508715
Stellaris is more like Civilization than the other Paradox Grand Strategy games out there. The lack of a Casus Belli system to curb blobbing coupled with meaningless diplomacy prevents it from having the depth its cousins have.

Don't get me wrong, Stellaris has some charm to it, but it'll never hold my attention like Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis do. I'm really hoping they expand diplomacy to make the game fun to play peacefully.
>>
>>386508715
Because its not called endless space 2
>>
>>386509072

That's the thing, I don't mind that really. I'm a Civilization fan so this should appeal easily to me. A 4X doesn't have to have a huge amount of depth to be fun, after all I like the new Master of Orion. I'm wondering if it's partly because it's real time rather than turn based.
>>
Truth be told I kind of prefer Master of Orion 2016 to this myself. It just has more a sense of personality to me where as Stellaris feels kind of lifeless.
>>
>>386510736
>> Prefers MOO:CTS to Stellaris.

Fucking casual -.-
>>
>>386512276
>-.-
found the real casual
>>
>>386508715
This game has this issue >>386509072, but as >>386509259 said, that is not really a problem.
The thing I had against it was that everything was just a mish mash of stuff that were already done in other sci-fi media. Nothing gave me a sense of wonder. The repetitive quests became grinding too quickly, I could not have the same experience I had when I first played it because it always felt I was going through the same shit again. The exact same shit.
>>
>>386512276
>-.-
Isn't summer over yet? Gtfo
>>
>>386512619

Plus in my experience, there wasn't enough to differentiate the races from a mechanics beyond some stat bonuses. Not that Master of Orion doesn't suffer from this but there is at least more stylistic differences between the races.

Also I really don't like the combat in Stellaris. Again MOO isn't great neither but you are still more involved in it than Stellaris. At least you can apply some strategy into each engagement, even if it's not exactly deep.
>>
>>386512276

> Someone likes a game I don't like that makes them a casual hurhur.

God I can't wait till High School is back in session.
>>
File: 1476418711275.jpg (27KB, 118x158px) Image search: [Google]
1476418711275.jpg
27KB, 118x158px
>>386512276
>-.-
>>
MOO has grown quite a bit since launch. It's almost a different game now, and for the better. Plus the 5X mod makes it even better.
>>
Stellaris puts me to sleep in mere minutes but I can play darkest hours for hours.
>>
>>386513539

nice

reddit

spacing
>>
>>386508715
The bad UI makes it hard for me to enjoy.
>>
File: 1499060549949.jpg (38KB, 510x498px) Image search: [Google]
1499060549949.jpg
38KB, 510x498px
>>386509117
this
OP play Endless Space 2, it's so good
>>
>>386508715
It's a terrible grand strategy. Far worse than even EU4. It might seem similar to other Paradox games because it's not turn based.
>>
I know I'm being an attention whore a bit but since this thread is about shitty space strategy games can I get /v/'s opinion on my game?
https://triumphofthecosmos.wordpress.com/
I'd recommend just reading the about section and the latest video. Clearly I'm pretty far from finishing it. It's mostly just a personal project at this point, but I'd love any feedback.
I'm mostly inspired by X3, dwarf fortress, and EVE somewhat. I probably should document more of my plans on there but the video is very recent and that's what matters most.
>>
>>386516074
jk stellaris isn't shitty but I don't enjoy it as much as other space and/or strategy games.
>>
>>386516074
>mostly inspired by X3, dwarf fortress, and EVE
I like the idea, hope it isn't vaporware.
>>
>>386516340
I'm not sure what you mean by this
>>
>>386516410
I like that you got inspired by those games and hope you don't abandon the project like most indie game devs do.
>>
>>386516340
oh I'm sorry I read that as vaporwave.
I can release a version of it right now but I don't think anyone would want it. I demo pretty much all of the features in the video. If you're interested you can throw money at my poor ass or just give me any feedback.

>>386516627
I don't plan on abandoning it for sure. Where my life goes in order to maintain/up the productivity on it might change.
>>
>>386516627
and thanks
>>
>>386516074
Keep it up faggot, don't give up on that shit, throw a small demo up and get some feedback, that shit will be invaluable, people will point out shit that you didn't even realize was bad.
>>
>>386512367
>>386512767
>>386513539
>>386513636

>taking his bait
Spotted the summer
>>
>>386518521
Definitely will, thank you man.
I guess I'll release a demo after I get the UI a bit more coherent and add the units screen and some instructions/info.
Should i just post on /v/ and reddit at that point you think?
>>
>>386519021
Check out agdg on /vg/. If you sift through all the nodev and game engine shitposting, you can get some pretty decent criticism. Also post everywhere you fucking can, the worst case scenario you'll get is people on /v/ saying it sucks cock, the best would be gaining any amount of people who have an interest in the game as a following. The best part is since you're making a game that scratches the itch of autistic fucks like me, and there isn't exactly a large number of good games like that, it shouldn't be too hard to find people that would follow its development.
>>
>>386519370
oh huh I didn't know that was in /vg/. Thanks man. I'll post there now and later.
And yeah I can be overly picky about games too so I hope I can appease that part of me and hopefully use it as the main selling point.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.