[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE I'VE KILLED HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS OF HUMAN BEINGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 3929118-nathan-drake-uncharted3.jpg (54KB, 509x659px) Image search: [Google]
3929118-nathan-drake-uncharted3.jpg
54KB, 509x659px
DUDE I'VE KILLED HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS OF HUMAN BEINGS BUT NEVER ADRESS IT LMAO
>>
What game actually acknowledges the MC killing hundreds of people and forces you to play non-lethally to keep in line with the MC slowly wanting to change for the better?
>>
And? It's a video game you faggot.
>>
File: Hat-6.jpg (131KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
Hat-6.jpg
131KB, 500x396px
>ludonarrative dissonance
>>
It's called gameplay and story segregation
>>
>>386506112
Are you being serious right now?
>>
>>386506285
Dishonored
>>
>>386506112
it got a shout out at the end of uncharted 2 lol
>>
>>386506285
None, it's just that there's huge variance in how jarring the difference between the story narrative and gameplay gets in a game. I wouldn't even call Uncharted the worst regarding that, GTA was the worst for me personally. It's kinda hard to take Niko's musings about wanting normal life seriously, when he constantly slaughters dozens of people without any real driving motive.
>>
>Nearly all the people he fights against shoot first.
>The ones that don't are either planning on backstabbing him or are int he middle of it.
>He's basically breaking and entering while the others are breaking, entering, and are willing to kill to get to the treasure first.
I'm pretty sure you could argue almost everything as self defense.
>>
>>386506353
DUDE I HAVE THE SKILLS OF A LITERAL SUPERSOLDIER AND MOW DOWN HORDES OF PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS BUT I'M JUST A HAPPY GO LUCKY TREASURE HUNTER LMAO
>>
>>386506621
And when you think about it, GTA:SA has even worse story regarding that.
>a small group of cops says that they can fake evidence to implicate me in a murder that I didn't commit, so I will kill hundreds of people as their lackey
>>
>>386506112
*gets destroyed by a wuman*
>>
>>386506621
so drive more carefully, and don't kill random civilians if you care about that

fucktard
>>
DUDE I'VE MADE HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF THE SAME THREADS BUT ACT LIKE THEY'RE GOOD THREADS LMAO
>>
>>386506621
mgs 3 does that from what ive heard actually
>>
I'd agree that it is weird that Nathan Drake is like a god-tier soldier in the Uncharted world but no one ever mentions it lol
>>
>>386506806
Nah it makes sense there because the world of GTA is shit and the streets are tough. You gotta protect yourself.
>>
Lazarević calls it out in 2
https://youtu.be/BKkMYyidae4?t=846
>>
>>386506285
MGS4. Snake becomes dazed and throws up if you kill so many people. Doesn't force you to play non lethal though, but it's still acknowledging it
>>
>>386507531
>Snake becomes dazed and throws up if you kill so many people
Really? Do the previous games do anything like that though? Is it the nanomachines?
>>386506528
Doesn't force you to play non-lethally at all. You still have a lethal arsenal at your exposure. I'm talking games where you can't kill anyone.
>>
>>386506285
KOTOR II calls you out for killing people for experience points and doing things to gain influence with your party members
>>
File: maxresdefault-54.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-54.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>386506285
Spec Ops: The Line
>>
niggers and turks aren't human
>>
>>386506285
Mgs1. Snake gets tons of shit for it, even though killing is what soldiers do and he wasn't a pussy about doing his job unlike Big Boss.
>>
>>386507803
yeah but it doesn't fucking matter because you go back to mowing down hordes of enemies straight after that
>>
>>386507827
[citation needed]
>>
>>386507914
/pol/ is always right
>>
>>386507689
Batman games.
>>
>>386508026
Only post ITT so far that's actually answered my question
>>
I've been bothered by that since Uncharted 2. It only really became a problem when game studios started hiring writers to make their characters have more depth, but it's jarring as fuck.
>>
>pirates attack you
>you defend yourself
>wow Nathan Drake is a piece of shit what the fuck
The only time Drake goes full on aggressor is in 4
>>
>>386508026
>savagely beating people and leaving them severely concussed, bloodied and broken in the street with no medical attention to be found
sure anon, sure
>>
>>386506285
>forces you to play non-lethally to keep in line with the MC slowly wanting to change for the better
>>386507689
>Doesn't force you to play non-lethally at all

move your goalpost some more

for Dishonored if you want the MC/Emily to change for the better the game forces you to do so by non lethal gameplay
>>
>>386506285
Drakengard but the guy enjoys it anyway so this isn't the answer you're looking for

>>386506112
I'm pretty sure they call him out on that a few times
>>
It's fictional cinema-action, except more tame because no blood. Go watch an Governator movie from the 80s and pull your head out of your buttcheeks.
>>
>>386507689
No and no. It s flashback. Liquid says you enjoy all the killing and snake vomits
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.