[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Nier: Automata was a smash success selling far more than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

>Nier: Automata was a smash success selling far more than was expected
>Mass Effect Andromeda was such a bomb all DLC and sequels were cancelled, and Bioware: Montreal was shut down.

Remember just a few years ago when Cagey Inafune was saying that Japanese gaming was dead and the West was the future?
>>
The Japs lost their vision for a while, but then got it back by just making PS2 games again, but with better graphics.
>>
File: 1491252323794.jpg (49KB, 400x576px) Image search: [Google]
1491252323794.jpg
49KB, 400x576px
I always wondered what working conditions were like at Bioware Montreal. It couldn't have just been because they were amateurs, I saw college students throw out better animations in less time.

There had to be some fuckery going on.
>>
>>386501721

If you want to prove someone wrong, you'll have to give more than two examples. Mass Effect Andromeda was all over the place, but so were lots of other games in the past few years, western or japanese.

And in a certain way, Inafune was right. NieR might be product made in Japan, but as many other JRPG's, it's kinda following a western streamline gameplay-wise, with empty open worlds, quest markers and all that shit. If anything, Japan is mimicking western devs.
>>
>>386502116
gaming literally peaked in PS2 era so this isnt a bad thing
>>
File: 1502140132609.jpg (132KB, 612x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502140132609.jpg
132KB, 612x720px
>>386502273
kek this argument
>>
>>386502116
>The Japs lost their vision for a while, but then got it back by just making PS2 games again, but with better graphics.

The sweet spot are games made in the 5-10 million dollar range, which is probably what Nier Automata cost. That's what PS2 games typically cost.
>>
File: mpv-shot0005.jpg (83KB, 548x512px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0005.jpg
83KB, 548x512px
>>386502343
>>386502116
>there are game reviews out there that lists "plays like a PS2 game" as a negative
>there are /v/ posters who unironically mock games for being too "videogamey" and resembling something from the PS2 era and older
>>
Andromeda didn't stand a chance tbqh. The team was set up to fail. But at least the world can get a subpar Destiny clone now.
>>
File: 1501888325269.png (265KB, 632x584px) Image search: [Google]
1501888325269.png
265KB, 632x584px
>>386503707
Is it really any surprise? The average /v/ poster now is in the 15-17 age bracket; i.e. all those "there's people here whose first console was a PS3/360/Wii" jokes ended up coming true.
>>
>>386502273
>AUTOMATA I-IS A W-W-WESTERN GAME AT H-HEART
I don't think there are enough smug anime girls in the combined folders of all posters on this thread to reply to this shit
>>386503817
>subpar Destiny clone
So Destiny? Destiny is already subpar as all fuck
>>
>>386503817
>Andromeda didn't stand a chance tbqh. The team was set up to fail. But at least the world can get a subpar Destiny clone now.

The plan seems to be the b-team puts out a safe easy by the books sequel, while the real team works on the hot new IP. Instead they were just not up to the job at all.
>>
>>386501721
Wat? SJW ARE WINNING, THEY ARE GONNA RUINING MY GAME WITH SOME YOUTUBE CHANNEL DON'T FOLLOWED BY ANYONE... and the sad fact is that are people who really believe this.
>>386502273
Ok, maybe this is even sadder
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.