[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it8 d-HxCfBQ >everyone i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: paper-mario-color-splash-1.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
paper-mario-color-splash-1.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it8d-HxCfBQ

>everyone in the comments defending sticker star and color splash
what the fuck
>>
Why do these games even exist?
>>
>>386500912
Super Paper Mario sold well because it was on a console with a huge install base and had a franchise name with good pedigree. Higher ups, specifically Miyamoto, had biases confirmed regarding their belief that new games shouldn't be made unless they're different. Killed confidence in what Sticker Star was going to be. Sticker Star also sold well. Fucking hell thinking about all the charm and variety in Thousand Year Door that was dashed away is making me depressed.

Also fuck the arts and crafts angle the last two games had. The storybook adventure was the original point, how the fuck did they just forget that? No one wanted this. No one asked for this except for people rushing through surveys.
>>
File: 1484438454455.jpg (31KB, 455x288px) Image search: [Google]
1484438454455.jpg
31KB, 455x288px
>there will never be another real PM game
>>
File: Apathic Dark Matter.gif (2MB, 630x469px) Image search: [Google]
Apathic Dark Matter.gif
2MB, 630x469px
>>386499076
Sunk cost fallacy perhaps?
I know used to blindly like Sticker Star like a good nintenbro, but now I'm willing to acknowledge its flaws and Paper Jam just embarrasses Sticker Star with how much better it was able to work with similar (self-imposed, mind you) restrictions.
>>
>>386501497
They need to stop making them at all.
>>
>>386502463
if they're gonna be like sticker star they should.
>>
File: blAOZRr[1].jpg (50KB, 720x240px) Image search: [Google]
blAOZRr[1].jpg
50KB, 720x240px
>>386499076
>youtube comments
You should have known better.
>>
>>386500912
because sticker star is the best selling paper mario game
>>386502532
i doubt there will be another sticker star style game, even though i enjoyed color splash.
>>386501436
miyamoto is not the reason for sticker star/color splash. stop trying to make old paper mario fans look like retards that just shitpost, we arent metroid fans
>>
>>386502857
>miyamoto is not the reason for sticker star/color splash.
Yes and no. He was the cataclyst at least, but Sticker Star still could have been good, if something completely different.
But then, well...
You're absolutely correct about everything else though.
>>
The people in charge of paper mario are too much of pussies to stand up for themselves and make their games good.

fuck em
>>
>>386499076
Do people forget that Color Splash was already in development by the time Sticker Star was released? Its not like they looked at the negative feedback and purposely made another game like it just to spite people.
>>
>>386499076
They could make a Paper Mario game where you have to pay microtransactions just to attack on top of the base price of the game and some Nintendorks would still defend it.
>>
>>386504114
>Its not like they looked at the negative feedback and purposely made another game like it just to spite people.
No one said this. They made a second shit game. Whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter.
>>
All I see is the usual retards defending SPM because it had an "epic story" and "wacky characters"
>>
>>386504774
>No one said this

They imply it. Plenty of people get mad saying "THEY MADE ANOTHER STICKER STAR?!"

Implying that the old style of gameplay is dead. Its not. They made two games consectueively just as 3D land and 3D world were made consecutively, two game speople like to claim "ruined 3D Mario"
>>
I liked Color Splash.

Sticker Star is still a pile of shit though.
>>
>>386504702
>Nintendorks
Nintenbros
Nintenbro
Nintenbro
>>
>>386504934
They haven't confirmed that they're going back to the old style though, just that they've taken the Sticker Star/Color Splash formula as far as they could and that they'll try something new next time.
>>
I actually really enjoyed Color Splash.

But I'm not gonna admit that on /v/
>>
>>386505014
Nintenerds
>>
>>386505289
Nintenyoinks
>>
File: 1493002946838.png (26KB, 210x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493002946838.png
26KB, 210x250px
>>386505281
What sort of reverse-trick is this?
>>
>>386505281
what is there to enjoy?
>>
Youtube Comments are the only place filled with more idiotic contrarians than /v/

That or they have no taste
>>
>>386499076
>Youtube comments
woooooooow
>>
>>386499076
I've seen this exact same video done by about three other people. Paper Mario is complete shit now, but there's nothing new you can add to that revelation.
>>
Is Miyamoto the Miyazaki of videogames?
>>
>>386506276
yeah except one was done by cookie monster so who gives a shit
>>
>>386506203
Unlike /v/ they actually believe what they're saying.
>>
>>386499076

The fuck drugs you on?

All I see in the comments are people STILL blaming Miyamoto
>>
You know what the Switch needs right now?

A new Super Mario RPG made by Square Enix.
>>
>>386503058

Nope, not his fault

We could've had a decent Paper Mario similar to the first game of Tanabe knew who actually inhabited the Mario Universe
>>
>>386503058
>>386507947
Paper Jam is proof that even with Miyamoto's "limitations", you can still make something with the ""standard"" Mario world. It's far and away Tanabe's fault for not putting in the effort.

3D World enemies got to be in Paper Jam, where were the Galaxy enemies in Sticker Star?
>>
>>386503058

>All Miyamoto did was suggest a new gameplay mechanic and if possible, to stick to the Mario Universe and not use Species that don't exist

>Not only could they not listen if they wanted to, Tanabe got rid of the exp system and went with the most generic piece of trash twice

The fact that Mario and Luigi Paper Jam has more variety than both SS and CS despite having to accommodate regular and Paper versions of enemies shows that Tanabe is a fucking hack
>>
File: marioandluigi.jpg (56KB, 640x748px) Image search: [Google]
marioandluigi.jpg
56KB, 640x748px
>>386499076
Honestly, I'm beginning to wish that Mario & Luigi never existed.

That's actually Nintendo's retarded reasoning for ruining Paper Mario: They saw that they had both PM and M&L and thought it was redundant to have two different Mario RPG series, despite both being completely different from each other. So they made M&L the main RPG series while Paper Mario was reduced to a gimmicky experimental franchise.

Quite frankly, I would of preferred if M&L didn't exist so Paper Mario would of been Nintendo's premier Mario RPG series.
>>
>>386508220
Or how about building both series instead of cheaping out? Don't act like Mario & Luigi hasnt seen a decline too since the first game.
>>
>>386508220
And now M&L is shit anyways. Go figure.
>>
File: IMG_1220.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1220.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>386508607
>>386508589

Don't be fucking idiots, DT is great and Paper Jam blows SS and CS's attempts at a Mario World RPG out of the water

Nitpicking the SSS remake is horse shit and you know it
>>
>>386508589

>since the first game

Stop pretending SSS doesn't have massive flaws
>>
OP just baited everyone into giving him views while you go read the comments.
>>
>>386508089
>where were the Galaxy enemies in Sticker Star?
I would say "in space" because the Octo-Goombas were kept to the Space levels in 3D World, but they might be more the exception than the rule.
It also reminds me that a game set on the Sticker Star itself rather than just hunting down pieces of the Sticker Comet could have been more interesting (and probably could have given Kersti more character than just ranting)

>>386507947
And this. Where are the Penguins from 64 or Mario Party or whatever? Why not have piantas on vacation somewhere or immigrants (TTYD had the Pianta mob, so there's precedence)? the only reference to Yoshi in Sticker Star is the Yoshi Spinx. And the whole "hostile mob" argument goes out the window considering Wiggler is a character.
>>
>litereal drones.
Paper mario 64 and TTYD were perhaps one of the best games ever made.
What nintendo is doing is raping a dead corpse.
>>
>>386508910
Paper Jam sucks. Dream Team was the last good one.
>>
>>386499076
go shill somewhere else, Bit
>>
>>386509437
>raping a dead corpse.
>a dead corpse
>dead corpse
You sure it's not an alive corpse?
>>
File: badge shop.png (198KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
badge shop.png
198KB, 640x480px
>no badges
>no levelling
>no partners
>no plot with bowser and peach intermissions between chapters
>no reason to fight
What in the everloving fuck happened to Paper Mario?
>>
>>386509841
See: >>386503058
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.