[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the F*CK was his problem?!? >muh divide >muh bear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Ulysses_profile.jpg (359KB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
Ulysses_profile.jpg
359KB, 900x643px
What the F*CK was his problem?!?

>muh divide
>muh bear
>muh bull

was it autism?
>>
Autism mostly coupled with just being an Angry Asshole even though he denies being one.
>>
>>386493147
He has to be the most boring and retarded character in all of Fallout. Including 3.
>>
>>386493147
Read heart of darkness then come back
>>
>>386493147
Mad at the Courier for fucking his shit up
>>
>>386493147
He got butt mad that the courier delivered a package that accidentally nuked someplace he thought could become a nation without the failings of the NCR or legion but it was aborted before it could happen so he became obsessed with making the courier see what happened even though the courier didn't know and probably didn't give a fuck.

Further more the settlement at the divide was likely going to be annexed by the NCR anyways so he was mad over fucking nothing. Like the other DLC's it was supposed to be some thing about letting go.
>>
>>386493147
I played this shit when it first came out like 8 years ago or some shit. What was his deal? I cannot remember.

All I can recall is that there were way too much talking.
>>
>>386493147
nigger
>>
>Constantly see /v/ bitch about him
>Never did it because of this and the fact that an gameplay focused Endurance run isn't really fun with New Vegas gunplay
>Decide to try it out
>Game makes clear point that he's an unhinged retard that is wrong
I can't defend the games focus on gameplay over exploration and choices which what made NV great, but feel that /v/ overblowed how bad Ulysses is specifically. He's meant to be insane and to take shit way to personal, the entire point was how this one idiot is going to possibly create another apocalypse because he can't let go over an accident.
>>
>>386493856
You created a community by delivering packages, he thought that said community had the potential to revive America and then you delivered a package that blew it up. You're completely oblivious to this fact and he blames you because he can't accept that shit happens.
>>
>>386493848
>courier delivers detonator
>outside the game's story, never mentioned once to the player
How the fuck am I supposed to care about this?
>>
>>386493147
>I'M ANGRY
>ANGRY ABOUT HAPPERSTANCE!

What a shit character motivation.
>>
>>386495107
>>Game makes clear point that he's an unhinged retard that is wrong
>>
>>386495173
You aren't, that's the point.
>>
>>386495173
That was sort of the point of the DLC. The Courior fucked up without realizing it but it was such a random event so long ago that he doesn't even remember it. Ulysses revenge is to basically do a repeat of it but this time actually affecting the game and factions as a fuck you. The whole point is that Ullyses is an insane person who can't let go over an accident where nobody was really at fault and instead of moving on obsessed over it even though Courior 6 himself has no idea who the fuck he is or particularly cares until he decides to wreck shit up.
>>
the courier was a bit of a cunt desu
>>
>>386496830
If you choose to make them like one.
>>
>>386495173
Like the other two said you aren't. That said while it's a neat idea, it also makes one wonder "why the fuck am I even doing this shit?" which makes the thing feel like a slog. Ulysses is just obsessed with the potential he saw in the Divide, and it was basically destroyed without a second thought leaving him shocked since he was already a shell of a man he had nothing. Never believed in Ceaser, his tribe was assimilated while he was young most likely, and while traveling most places seemed like shit doomed to repeat mistakes, his fixation changed to blaming you and that's what we got in the DLC.

Like I said it does make one wonder why they're even doing it which makes the DLC feel like a slog, not to mention it's go though an area, talk to the guy, go though an area, talk to the guy repeated until you find him. While I like the DLC, I understand why people who don't like Ulysses or how it's set up would like it I mean hell half the time I play NV I just ignore it anyways my self and I even liked it.
>>
>>386497376
The reason it feels like such a slog comes from the fact that the entire DLC is one giant combat corridor where fighting is the only option. Considering how the games strengh is more on its writing, RPG mechanics and explorations it's not hard to see why it got dull fast.

They should've made it survival and exploration focused like Dead Money or Honest Hearts. It wouldn't have been the greatest option but it definitely would've improved the DLC.
>>
>>386493147
>What the F*CK was his problem?!?

>I eventually get bored of this DLC
>The lonesome road seems to go on forever
>More damned deathclaws, damn!
>I want to quit, go back
>But I can't quit
>I can't quit
>Not until I KILL THAT MOTHERFUCKER TALKIN' IN MY EAR ABOUT THE FUCKIN' DIVIDE

So for me it turned into a decent story about a man doing whatever it takes to kill another man who can talk forever without saying anything.
>>
>>386497714
Yeah that too, but that's what I meant when I said you basically walk and then talk to the guy should of put it better.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.