[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>avoid anything undertale for the last 2 years because it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 78

>avoid anything undertale for the last 2 years because it looked like shit and /v/ told me it was bad
>get gifted it on steam
>play it
>it's actually good
What the fuck /v/?
>>
It's also popular. On Reddit and Tumblr, no less. /v/ has to hate it.
>>
I still won't fall for it. It looks fucking boring and I'm not gonna waste my time verifying that.
>>
If a game is shitposted here it means it's good about 70% of the time, the other times it's either a blatant bad game or shilling
>>
>>386478625

As if you have anything better to do.
>>
File: 1500473836016.jpg (75KB, 714x802px) Image search: [Google]
1500473836016.jpg
75KB, 714x802px
Are you just now figuring oit that /v/ is filled with video game hopsters? Never let /v/ tell you if a game is good or not. You can come here and chat about games fine, but never let them tell you if a game is straight up good or not.
>>
>>386478291
>/v/ told me it was bad
that's your problem, faggot
if /v/ says something is bad, is prolly pretty decent
>>
>>386478291
What the fuck are you talking about. It was fucking huge on /v/ and the general at /vg/ has been going strong since. /v/ fucking loved it, there was a vocal antagonistic group that didn't like it simply because reddit and tumblr had their tranny dicks hard for it.
>>
>>386478291
Why do people lie like this? Why can't you just make an undertale thread?

Very few people said the game itself was bad but that it was horribly overrated because of the autists and it made the spergs here sperg out for a month or two. People simply overcriticized it because of how buttblasted they were about it being overrated to such a degree. They felt the need to correct the record and shitpost about it constantly.
>>
>>386478625
He says as he spends 12 hours a day making anonymous shitposts online
>>
File: IMG_2898.png (125KB, 1859x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2898.png
125KB, 1859x540px
>>
>>386478762
/thread
>>
File: be5.png (279KB, 1436x1082px) Image search: [Google]
be5.png
279KB, 1436x1082px
>>386478291
>>
File: the truth.jpg (68KB, 785x590px) Image search: [Google]
the truth.jpg
68KB, 785x590px
>>386478291
Never forget
>>
>>386478291
They just don't like the game due to its SJW fanbase. Its a really good game if you just ignore the fanbase, which people don't want to do.
>>
File: c68.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
c68.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>people who dismiss it as a shitty game because the fandom is shitty

For a game that one person (basically) made, it should have been inspiration for /v/ but instead they found something to complain about.

It was a simple game done on a simple engine and managed to be heartfelt with no budget while Triple A games don't even come close.
>>
Except we all told you it was good. We all said it was the best game ever. I literally said that in every thread I could even if it wasn't an Undertale thread. Who is /v/ to you? /pol/?
>>
>game where if you don't choose the black or white morality, you get a neutral ending that has no credits sequence that is basically a middle finger telling you to play the game all over again from the beginning, cutscenes included
>good
>>
>>386480317
This

Even if there were issues in the game, it was ambitious as fuck and was one of the best products a team of mostly one guy put out in years. I'd say only LISA the Painful can be put at its level of sheer quality.
>>
File: 1444753351193.png (25KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1444753351193.png
25KB, 700x700px
>People hating Alphys for being an insufferable cunt

Everyone was a goofball and they all deserved to die. Except Undyne You sticking your neck out and being friendly to even the worst people was the point of the game
>>
Does Toby Fox realize the fortune a new game would give him? It doesn't even have to be Undertale 2. He better be working on something.
>>
File: 1444156625798.jpg (345KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1444156625798.jpg
345KB, 900x900px
>People forgetting that /v/ loving FNAF1 and Undertale the demo were one of the big reasons they even became sucessful
>>
its shit, only plebs like undertale
>>
>>386478291
>and /v/ told me it was bad

Fuck you you lying faggot
When Undertale came out /v/ was jizzing all over that shitty game.
It took months for the threads to die off.
And no, the game is a piece of shit, even for RPG Maker fangames standard.
The soundtrack was amazing tho
>>
>>386480646
was thinking about that these days too

i wonder what hes working at currently; and if its really another game, since hes mostly focused on art it seems
>>
I played it and it was good but i forgot about it a week after. Never got the hype around it.
>>
>>386478291
>doing what /v/ tells you
dumb sansposter
>>
File: 1444016217969.png (292KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1444016217969.png
292KB, 500x700px
>Undertale came out 2 years ago
>Still no DLC where you can save Asriel
>>
File: shyddt.png (173KB, 699x727px) Image search: [Google]
shyddt.png
173KB, 699x727px
>>386480918
>>386480954
>>386481038
Idiots are invading!

We need to gather all the LOVE to beat them back!
>>
>>386478291
/v/ neversaid Undertale was bad.
Sop lying
>>
>>386481216
fuck off papyrus your game sucks
>>
>>386480317
>>people who dismiss it as a shitty game because the fandom is shitty
Its even more retarded when the game is single player and can be played off-line
>>
>>386480753
you cant really measure that to be honest
>>
>>386478586
It was popular here too.
>>
>>386480085
Kermit isn't wrong thkugh
>>
File: 1500321555258.png (171KB, 431x539px) Image search: [Google]
1500321555258.png
171KB, 431x539px
Undertale was a huge disappointment desu.
I remember playing the demo a couple years before the full game came out and I was impressed because I expected it to be a full rpg game like Earthbound.
In the end the game was like 3~5 hours long, and there was no "world", just a fucking cave with furries and skeletons.
Also overdramatic scenes for characters that you barely talked for 5 minutes.

It requires some kind of special autism to be part of the fanbase who praises it like its God sent.
The best part of the game was some actually decent songs and the fact that theres a route where you can kill every single furry faggot in the game.
Everything else pales in comparison to other indie games like Lisa.
>>
>>386481362
It's not retarded if I have to endure a couple dozen of autists if I want to talk about the game.
>>
Undertale is the new Homestuck. Decent product, autisticly obsessed and wretched fanbase that spews their shit into everything.
>>
>>386478586
>it's impossible to actually dislike a game
I know /v/ goes overboard but I hate how all criticisms is ignored because someone on /v/ acted like a dick about not liking the game
>>
>>386481150
fuck that pussy boy, give me hard mode
>>
>>386480581
Playing neutral or Pacifist, Alphys stops the game in parts to post on the Undernet, annoying the player directly.

Playing Genocide requires an unnatural amount of grinding, which is annoying and not particularly fun.

There is no branch of the game where the gameplay is not put on a leash in service of the story.
>>
Napstablook is best girl
>>
>>386478625
it's a 6 hour game
>>
>>386480392
dont be a pussy ass fence sitter then
>>
>>386478291
>make a thread about undertale
>post a pic of a earthbound character
i don't get it
>>
It's an okay game with a fucking terribly autistic fanbase.
>>
It's actually designed extremely well. Every component folds back in on itself and wraps up the package in a satisfying way. The game is truly an example of well-calibrated game design. Faggots here are just mad cuz people they don't like enjoy this game.
>>
>>386486576
this
but i did really like it
>>
>>386486807
*don't like people who enjoy this game.
>>
>>386478291
I do not want to waste time explaining it all, so let me cut right to the chase.

Most people do not hate Undertale as a game, but more so for the idea of it, what it represents, and all the asinine fans (think Sonic the Hedgehog, FNAF, Minecraft, and MLP).

The other thing to consider is that /V/ was the first place to notice the game, and, upon initial reception, was praised to a nice extent.

HOWEVER, once Reditt, JewTube, and god forsaken Tumblr got their fangs into it, they brought it to the surface and praised it far more than we did, and said that it might be one of the best games ever made, to which most us know is just not true.

The tipping point happened when Neogaf / Tumblr teamed up to rig the first annual BEST VIDEO GAMES TO DATE contest hosted by Gamefaqs.

Undertale won the tile of BEST VIDEO GAME EVER MADE, which made headlines for a month and caused MASSIVE salt from all sides, as it beat out even the most classic of Nintendo games, the most controversial Sega , the most beloved exclsuives, and was put above all other video games ever produced in the last 40 years.

Undertale is okay, in fact, it is quite fine, and even good in some ways, but to even consider it to be one of the top 100 best games ever made is a stretch and to name it THE BEST GAME EVER MADE OF ALL TIME EVER was just so absurd that OBVIOUSLY the cynics at 4Chan are just not going to agree, especially seeing as they were the ones to first get their hands on the game in the first place.

Average game, did well on a budget, has a strong following, and a potentially great creator, but even the creator of the game, the one man army himself has admitted that Undertale is a strong 6 out of 10 and on its best day, a minor 8 out of 10.

What most can and do agree on though is that Undertale, much like the Sonic the Hedgehog games have a very well made and beloved set of songs and an overall high quality soundtrack across the board, despite other things being lacking.
>>
>>386483768
>Hard mode
>Of a VN
>>
Had it in my library for ever and finally got around to playing it. It was okay but like halfway through I just got tired of it. I ended up really not liking the game and looking up all the cool things that people love it for finding out I have to play the game mutliple times to really "get it" or see what it does so cool(wow it remembers your saves..) and boy was I fucking let down.
>>
File: autism FNAF.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
autism FNAF.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>This game is popular, so you can't hate it.

t. Reddit
>>
>>386478291
You need to learn to read between the lines so you can tell when /v/ is giving a serious opinion and when they're just being contrarian.
>>
>>386478291
Fuck off jose
>>
Best characters in the entire game
>>
>>386478291
It never was a bad game. It's just the fandom that's cancerous. The AU's and the fanfictions have nearly destroyed some of what these characters actually are in the public's understanding of them.
>>
>>386481389
/v/ is one of the most popular video game boards on the internet. I would wager that in addition to informing its own visitors, /v/ generates a fuck ton of word of mouth exposure, but that's one thing I really can't measure.
>>
I hate how undertale drones still play professional victim after all this time
>WAH /V/ HATES MY ATARI GRAPHICS LESBIAN INDIE GAME DESPITE THOUSANDS OF THREADS OF UNDERTALE CIRCLEJERK PRAISING IT
>>
File: whore mouth.png (551KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
whore mouth.png
551KB, 1024x1024px
If a game adopts a retro style, I expect them to make it pretty. If you're going to make your game just pixel shit nostalgia -bait, at least make an effort with the art direction.

Undertale looks like utter garbage. Nothing to look at.
The dialog looks like a lonely virgin weeb wrote it to try and seem deep and edgy.

Gameplay is on par with Osu! and I Wanna Be. It's the type of autism I don't care for, but I know when some kid actually puts the effort to beat it they feel like they now are better than you and can't for the love of them understand why someone else can't like the game they like, because they can beat it.

It's this weird concept I've noticed with games. If a game is difficult and player A. with severe autism beats it, he has to validate himself online. He then meets player B. who doesn't bother, doesn't care and sees no merit in the game. This makes player A. feel like his skill and effort is undermined and he has to thus defend the game, blindly, even if it is a bad game.
>>
Excellent job not acknowledging weeb namefaggotry, thread. Polite sage.
>>
It was a fun 5-6 hours for me.

But apparently, a fanbase defines a game around here, i guess its a good thing i played it as soon as it released and beat it the same day.
>>
>>386481216
Agreed. LOLing at all the Underhate in this thread as well. We can do better than this, /v/.

Fellow Undertalians will know what I'm talking about. We have had a long (and unnesessarily dramatic :P) history on /v/, making great progress in achieving recognition for Undertale.

However, over time it has become clear that we face two enemies in gaining a broader acceptance and acclaim for Undertale: Underhaters (people on /v/ who just "don't get it" *smacks forehead*) and "neutrolls", those who lack the determination xD to bring Undertale to greater heights and gain it the recognition it deserves.

While it is true that we have gained a fairly good deal of recognition and acceptance for Undertale over the past few months, I can't help but feel that are progress is flagging somewhat. We can do so much better, guys! We need renewed DETERMINATION! You have to remember what makes Undertale special FOR YOU. You have to remember why you chose to be an Undertalian in a first place--whether that was crying when goatmom died, finding quiche under the bench, meeting Temmie, or seeing Asriel hug Frisk.

All in all, what I'm saying is: in the end, it comes down to you. Talk to your fellow Undertalians. Talk to me. Renew your energy and accumulate support. It doesn't happen without us, and it doesn't happen without YOU, one by one, each and every Undertalian. Undertale has only barely breached 2 million sales. It has so much further to go. The sky (or the center of the Earth if you like :D) is the limit!

See you underground,
MettatonStar76
>>
>>386489653
I don't associate a game with its audience, but it doesn't surprise me that people would have disdain for Undertale given how awful its fandom is.
>>
>>386489898
I hope for your own sake that you copy pasted this from somewhere
>>
>>386478291

If you were in a bit earlier, you'd have noticed that Undertale was a flavour of the month here with plenty of posts of Sans and Papyrus quotes.

However, this is before the legbeards caught wind of it.
>>
what was good about it?
the writing? no, that was average and below
the graphics? hack no
the gameplay? nothing we haven't seen before
the music? okay, i'll give you that.
>>
>>386490621
Oopsie, looks like an underhater just slipped through the cracks! UNDEROOS! SHOW HIM YOUR SANSBONES!!!!!!

8==3
>>
Post the epic pasta saying that jews are shilling Undertale as literally the best video game ever to destroy white race or something
>>
>>386490621
General feel and theme, being comfy is a bad argument but people can still like a game for being just that.
Bad writing is a stupid thing to say because its ment to be a cheesy kids game that is asctually targeted at adults.
>>
>>386490146
It's old pasta, lurk more
>>
>>386490621
I'm sorry, sir, i didn't ask for a plate of your opinions, mine is enough for me.
>>
>>386481389
guess where i found out about five nights at freddys and played it a few years ago
>>
>>386491154
This. You will NOT stop us underfans from making Undertale acceptable on /v/!
>>
>>386478291
it's a boring game with horrible artstyle and braindead dialogue. The music is way too much overrated considering most of the tracks are short, bland and re-used costantly.
T. guy who has 50 hours on the game
>>
>>386491623
How do you get 50 hours on a 5 hour game. 10 if you want all the endings
>>
>>386478291
Undertale is shit, i hope you neck yourself senpai
>>
>>386491887
I have no idea. Maybe it's because I also played long enough to no-hit Undyne and Sans? I don't know
>>
>>386480085
>When you read it all in Kermit's voice

Any way, Undertale is only ok, just not the greatest thing since sliced bread nor the worst thing since stepping on Legos barefoot. I liked its soundtrack and didn't seem to mind the art quality that much since I got the game for free back when it was still being talked about in here like the smart person I was. Plot is pretty outlandish and does some things where it does stand out, but again, nothing that impressive.

It was a game that got its popularity more overblown than usual, simply put.
>>
If you were here when the game first released you would have noticed that it was widely considered great here for about 2 weeks.

Overobsessive popularity has a habit of killing interest and pushing people away though. Undertale got too big basically. That's not to say that there aren't valid criticisms of it though. Just that its popularity is the main reason it became such rampant shitpost material here.
>>
>>386478291
The first few threads when the game came out were unanimously praising it, with some people even calling it a GOTY contender. It was only when the game became popular that the discussions began to fill up with hate.

FNaF was also loved by /v/ in very much the same way, when the first game released with no fanfare.
>>
>>386492617
I wish FNAF had more meat to their games. The games are so short and simple and there's not much you can do in them. The lack of things you can do increases the fear factor sure, I just wish they lasted longer.
>>
>>386478291
You're retarded for listening to /v/. Go away, you are part of the problem
>>
Only thing wrong with undertale is the fandom tee bee aych
>>
>>386480392
>Not committing one way or the other
>complaining about replaying a game that is <6 hours

Christ you're sad.
>>
>>386492829

what in the fuck
>>
File: THE BONES OF THE UNBORN.jpg (578KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
THE BONES OF THE UNBORN.jpg
578KB, 1080x1920px
>>386493178
>>
>>386492617
FNAF is still good, I don't care if /v/ wants to be contrarian about it. But the first one is head and shoulders above the rest of them even if the winning strategy is kind of lame.
>>
>>386478291
it's good. i bought this game with no other expectations besides it being advertised as some pseudo-mother and i loved mother.
it subverted a lot of my expectations and the true ending was fantastic.

>>386480085
he's right people need to make up their own opinions instead of listening to other people's overgeneralizations
>>
>>386478291
>listening to /v/
I've not even played it but it seems like a cool game. Take everything on this board with a grain of salt.
>>
>>386478291
It's alright.
People here just hate it because it's a meme to hate it and it's grossly overrated.
>>
File: undertumblr.png (617KB, 1577x548px) Image search: [Google]
undertumblr.png
617KB, 1577x548px
>>386478291

Undertumblr.
>>
>>386486510
Stop
>>
File: My most powerful edit.png (535KB, 1577x548px) Image search: [Google]
My most powerful edit.png
535KB, 1577x548px
>>386494076
>>
File: underedgetales.jpg (301KB, 1280x1062px) Image search: [Google]
underedgetales.jpg
301KB, 1280x1062px
>>
File: Undertale.jpg (8KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Undertale.jpg
8KB, 460x215px
>>
>>386478291
Your first problem was allowing internet strangers determine your choice
>>
>>386494148
Shallow cutter girls are cancer
>>
>>386494076
I see this picture a lot, but I've never seen any asks from this blog, did they pussy out after the backlash or something?
>>
>>386478291
>thinking /v/ is one person

>thinking /v/ has the correct taste in video games

>not just being your own person and trying shit out yourself

le sigh
>>
>>386478291
>ever listening to /v/
Do you hate yourself, OP?
>>
>>386480392
>all over again from the beginning, cutscenes included
>he actually mashed through the dialogue thinking it was all the same and didn't notice the subtle differences that blew people's minds
>>
File: 8f3.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
8f3.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
>>386494148
Holy shit.
>>
The game is all right, good music and a handful of fun characters, just stay out of the fandom and and /utg/ if it still exists.
>>
>>386494469
nice knowyourmeme filename u redditor
>>
Anyone else couldn't be bothered beating Sans and just looked up the ending?
>>
>>386494589
I've infiltrated your board. Can't stop me now.
>>
File: 1500151854477.png (49KB, 772x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1500151854477.png
49KB, 772x2200px
The undertale fandom including /utg/ is complete shit and will make you hate any of the characters or things about the game you actually liked
>>
>>386494667
is that a fucking instagram filename
>>
>>386494728
Facebook my man.
>>
>>386479949
The "progressiveness" and gay pairings are not the only things that make it tumblr. It's the central themes that stink of drivel ripped straight from a tumblr blog.
>>
>>386494668
Who the hell is Jerry
>>
File: Undertale.png (248KB, 1000x872px) Image search: [Google]
Undertale.png
248KB, 1000x872px
>>386478291
Le Undertale
>>
The game is okay. It's just the fandom is brony level bad.

However the quasi-edgyness of the genocide run is super fucking annoying (Oh you're a bad person for killing video game characters, how deep).
>>
File: 1491431932457.jpg (886KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1491431932457.jpg
886KB, 1275x1650px
>>386494668

Well those awards aren't wrong.
>>
>>386480085
This is embarrassing.
>>
>>386481587
Neither is the anon Kermit is replying to. It's been a long time since Undertale's release and it's still pure poison on /v/.
>>
File: qamr1sy.jpg (515KB, 1280x1510px) Image search: [Google]
qamr1sy.jpg
515KB, 1280x1510px
DO NOT AVERT YOUR GAZE
>>
File: 1501730493612.png (1MB, 2000x2788px) Image search: [Google]
1501730493612.png
1MB, 2000x2788px
>>386494990
noice
>>
>>386495032
Fukken saved
>>
>>386480581
i just hated alphys once i figured out she was a chick and not a dude

i was ready for all the porn she would have gotten as a "he" but nope
>>
File: image.png (54KB, 921x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
54KB, 921x300px
>>386478291
>>
File: 1445395390673.gif (37KB, 206x205px) Image search: [Google]
1445395390673.gif
37KB, 206x205px
>>386495032

Whelp, I'm out of here.
>>
>>386478291
>/v/ was wrong
what a chocker
>>
File: 1495659933515.jpg (224KB, 1466x1630px) Image search: [Google]
1495659933515.jpg
224KB, 1466x1630px
>>386495139
It's okay to be gay, anon
>>
>>386495317
>no good porn of Asgore fucking Alphys
its sad
>>
>>386494819
What central themes?
>>
File: Engorge the memeghost.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Engorge the memeghost.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>386495134
You must go into this with both eyes open!
>>
File: 1489462735460.jpg (90KB, 938x1135px) Image search: [Google]
1489462735460.jpg
90KB, 938x1135px
>>386495379
I think there's doujin about it somewhere
>>
>>386492829
>>386493269
source?
>>
File: bulletstorm underrail.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bulletstorm underrail.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
I fucking love Underrail.
>>
>>386495202
What the actual fuck
>>
File: The first.jpg (146KB, 540x747px) Image search: [Google]
The first.jpg
146KB, 540x747px
>>386495541
http://ammazolie.tumblr.com/
>>
It's fun, it was the first turn-based game which combat didn't suck, it has it's flaws and it doesn't deserve the godlike status it has for sure, /v/ just hates it for being popular. In my opinion the story is really good, the characters likeable, and as a very conservative person the lesbian/trans/agender stuff didn't feel forced. I guess i should play Earthbound, are there some good JRPGS that have interesting combat without grinding and random encounters?
>>
>>386494347
Who the fuck would ever respond to that mess seriously?
>>
worship
>>
File: fix'd.png (616KB, 1577x548px) Image search: [Google]
fix'd.png
616KB, 1577x548px
>>386496000
People in hugboxes. Far as I'm concerned, it's only fodder for edits

also, witnessed
>>
>>386494347
It is and always has been obvious bait
>>
>>386478291
>Falling for memes instead of forming your own opinion
Your own fault dumbass. I mean fuck I don't like the game but don't but a shitter.
>>
>>386496138
no it's not, it's sincere and serious. grouping yourself with undertale is like grouping yourself with diaperfurs, willingly. you deserve to be called out and mocked. you're only a few inches above the /mlp/ fanbase. as annoying. as furry. as thick and as autistic.
>>
fuck of undershit. And bring your underage redditor with you
>>
>>386489449
underrated post, but this fairly un-pretty game gets the excuse of mimicking the very un-pretty Mother series. It's not perticularly difficult, and I don't understand why you think it is. Your opinion for the dialogue is pretty spot on, although I like how pretty much every character is full of personality, even if its a little overbearing with it.

That validating himself online thing is probably not because its difficult but because there's a lot of llore that's implied in the game, and the fact that there are at least three interperetations of the every character pre-baked into the game makes it begging for analysis.
>>
>>386478291

>he fell for the "listen to /v/ they have good taste" meme

At least you finally got out of it.
>>
File: 1467951387840.jpg (80KB, 705x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467951387840.jpg
80KB, 705x640px
>>386495420
Just that pusillanimous idea that nobody is the villain and just talking about your FEELINGS for a short bit will solve everything.

The game literally breaks if you kill the monsters, like you would on any other video game. It's the same crap Spec Ops: The Line tried to pull off: railroading the player, and then blaming them for being a big fat meanie. Or Gone Home, even.
>>
>>386478291
>another Undertale is actually good meme thread
Yeah, sorry shilltard. Not falling for this.
>>
>>386496630
>Railroading
But you literally don't have to kill anyone. It's not like spec ops at all you dumbass
>>
>>386494668
/utg/ was a riot
the people there genuinely believed they were better than the typical fans on tumblr, yet screeched just as hard any time a ship or theory they disliked cropped up in the thread
>>
File: 1451119270657.png (323KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451119270657.png
323KB, 700x1000px
Shit game.
>>
>>386496630

>railroading

Please quit trying to pretend you have any fucking clue what you're talking about, fucktard.
>>
>>386496630
I don;t think you bothered to talk to Asriel after TP. He literally says that the game's morality is suited only for the game, in which you are some time-bending entity that can undo any deaths they cause, and therefore, find a way to get through without killing, People there are all supposed to be much kinder. He blatantly says "there's lots of Floweys out there."
>>
>>386496826
>>386496047
>>386495530
>>386495465
>>386495317
>>386495041
>>386494990
>>386489114

we get it, you're a fucking furfag. fuck off
>>
>>386496762
>But you literally don't have to kill anyone.
But if you do, the game erases itself and you get that pitch black screen and you can't play anymore unless you sell your soul to Chara or something.

The message is clear. It's the same crap like Spec Ops where the maker(s) think they're sooooo clever in spitting at the player for daring to treat a game for what it is.
>>
File: 1453773242450.png (115KB, 382x534px) Image search: [Google]
1453773242450.png
115KB, 382x534px
>>386496973
Am not.
>>
File: 1498692768101.png (145KB, 285x819px) Image search: [Google]
1498692768101.png
145KB, 285x819px
>>386496973
tfw only one of those (You)s
>>
File: 1501023522883.jpg (114KB, 820x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1501023522883.jpg
114KB, 820x1000px
>>386496973
ED newfag, pls
>>
File: hopster.png (192KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
hopster.png
192KB, 400x262px
>>386478836
>/v/ is filled with video game hopsters?
>>
>>386479949
>the Homestuck fanbase caught wind of it
This faux historician the Homestuck fanbase BACKED Undertale. Toby Fox is a Homestuck musician and is working on its game too.
>>
>>386486394
how about the devs put some effort into a game resulting around your actions and make it possible to be morally gray instead of everything being black and white
>>
>>386486807
>It's actually designed extremely well.

I don't think the game is bad, but

>attacking options are extremely limited and underdeveloped, and makes the Genocide route an abysmal slog to play through
>stats other than HP have no real impact in attacking or defending from enemies
>sparing enemies is completely limited to mindlessly fucking around in the Act menu
>>
>>386497029
That's only if you literally go out of your way to kill anyone. Did you even play this game?

Even if it wasn't it still isn't like spec ops because you actually have a choice you retard
>>
>>386497029
>But if you do, the game erases itself and you get that pitch black screen and you can't play anymore unless you sell your soul to Chara or something.
That's only if you go out of your way to kill literally everything in the game. Unlike Spec Ops you're not forced to kill enemies just because the game's trying to make the MC look bad.
>>
>>386489898
I haven't seen this pasta in about a year. Nice.
>>
>>386497267
>>386497306
Guys come on. Use your thinkers. He obviously has no idea what he's talking about, and if not, he's just trolling.
>>
File: 1478492052348.jpg (420KB, 581x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478492052348.jpg
420KB, 581x700px
Make way for the superior turn based emotional mess.
>>
File: retarded.png (73KB, 744x1340px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.png
73KB, 744x1340px
>no one cares about Undertale
>I know, I'll make a bait thread on /v/
>that way we'll be relevant again
if being mocked collectively by /v/ was your goal, congratulations again you fucking autists
>>
>>386478291
Its an aggressively boring game. I hate when people say "The fanbase is complete garbage, but the game is good, GOOD!"

No its not good, its a boring grind with cringeworty references and overly quirky dialogue and schmaltzy themes.
>>
I fucked a skeleton IRL because of this game.
>>
>Doing pacifist run
>Get to Asgore
>Can't mercy him, don't want to fight and ruin my pacifism
>Let him kill me
>He gives different dialogue if you let him kill you until 10 times when it repeats
>It's actually a scripted sequence and you are meant to fight
>mfw
>>
>>386497230

Agree lad, I enjoyed the game a lot, but not for the reasons I usually enjoy a game. The soundtrack, characters and decision making is great, but the bullet dodge style gameplay only really shines during boss fights. If he ever makes a sequel, he could try to find a way to add variety to normal fights, whether sparing or killing.
>>
>>386497790
Did the same until giving up and killing him
>>
File: 1478976072858.gif (127KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
1478976072858.gif
127KB, 560x420px
>>
File: 1501103018285.png (243KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1501103018285.png
243KB, 600x900px
>>
one time on /v/, someone posted an image he'd probably drew himself in MS paint. it was sans doing the same pose as coldsteel saying ‘nothing personnel paper ass’, and papyrus's head was on the floor. someone please recreate this for me
>>
thread dying and no one cares for this shit. better dump my most mild undertale porn and meme macros
>>
File: 1484463280797.png (150KB, 1000x2887px) Image search: [Google]
1484463280797.png
150KB, 1000x2887px
>>386498505
You're a shitty troll, just stop wasting your time fag
>>
>>386496047
I prefer his mom
>>
Post the vocaroo.You know the one
>>
File: 1457935277219.jpg (71KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
1457935277219.jpg
71KB, 680x453px
>>386498773
>MFW everyone figured this out.
ABOVE THE CONSEQUENCES TOBY YOU FUCK.
>>
>>386498874
>>386496047
I prefer his dad and her ex
>>
File: canon sans.png (25KB, 841x513px) Image search: [Google]
canon sans.png
25KB, 841x513px
>>386498239
>>
>>386499232

thanks lad not bad
>>
>Undertale thread
>Everybody posting about Cave Story
>>
>>386479949
>that poll
>people from /v/ actually went to GameFAQs to vote seriously for Zelda
>they got mad when the other half of /v/ didn't take the poll seriously
>>
File: 1418886625177.gif (855KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1418886625177.gif
855KB, 500x281px
I liked it a lot. Not 10/10 material but definitely unique and made me smile. Of course Yahtzee made it his GOTY, the stupid fuck
>>
>>386497457

Lisa's gameplay is a shitty cobbling together of scripts that literally every RMVXA game uses, though. Don't get me wrong, put 50+ hours into the game and loved it, but its gameplay is not good.
>>
>>386478586
/thread
>>
This game is shit.
>>
The story and gameplay really wasn't anything special outside a genocide run which also offers the best gameplay. The music is 11/10 though.
>>
>>386478586
This, before release and shortly after /v/ fell in love with this game. However when it turned out tumblr and reddit loved it, /v/ started shitposting it to hell. One of the many instances I've watched this happen on here to a game over the years.
>>
>>386499452
>4chan usually sides with the dark horse, fucks over polls, and screws with everything
>There are people here that are upset that a poll on a site they don't even care about voted for a game that would upset a bunch of people instead of having fun with screwing with the status quo
>>
>everyone and their mother tells me undertale is god's gift to mankind
>play it
>shitty gameplay
>annoying characters
>pixelshit graphics
>tumblr-tier feelsbait story
I'm never buying a video game again, piracy only for me
>>
File: 1502008400773.png (4MB, 3800x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1502008400773.png
4MB, 3800x3300px
>>386499825
Didn't help MGSV was coming out at the same time
>>
>>386480753
>>386478291

the MLP of videogames, it's good but it became too popular and now 4chan hates it
>>
Why am I not allowed to hate this game without being labeled a contrarian hipster?
>>
>>386494076
Lol why the fuck sans and papyrus are a pair of niggers?

English is not my mother tongue, so they speaked black slurs throught the whole game or something?
>>
>>386500638
>MLP
>good
>>
File: 1498892875763.png (912KB, 1200x2028px) Image search: [Google]
1498892875763.png
912KB, 1200x2028px
>>386500813
Most who are vocal about hating it are contrarian hipsters. If your opinion is genuine, express it by levying criticism at the game, rather than memspout a la post 2011 /v/

For example, I found the bullet hell mechanic interesting, but very poorly implemented. The sprites are ugly, and the animations reek of Game Maker and not actual sprite cycles.

The problem is when you shout "tumblr tamblr toombly temblr, SJWcuckniggerstormfag lelsorandumb reddit roddit roobit rabit Raditz XDDD" etc etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseam.
>>
File: Sad Bugs.jpg (16KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Bugs.jpg
16KB, 342x245px
>>386497178
>Bunday was yesterday.
>>
>>386501250
>undertale
>bullet hell
stop this meme, bullet hells are about having hundreds of bullets on screen at once
>>
>>386480918
This. Look, call me a hipster, but i always disliked Undertale before the whole tumblr/reddit/cancer fanbase thing started. The game just felt really pretentious, had some "haha random xD" humor and the plot was "dem generic 4th wall breaking adventure plot with twists behind it" with black and white morality.
Plenty of people made posts explaining why it's flawed, and i won't go completely over that.
>>
File: 1456382018132.jpg (333KB, 661x688px) Image search: [Google]
1456382018132.jpg
333KB, 661x688px
>>386501432
It's a bullet h*ck.
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-07+at+09.16.42).png (7KB, 1111x82px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-07+at+09.16.42).png
7KB, 1111x82px
>>386493553
Thanks friend, this is gonna look great in my nu-/v/ collage.
>>
>>386496290
>above /mlp/
>implying
>>
>>386501432
Well, what are you gonna call the little heart thing, dodge the prohectiles/obstacles/hazards thing. No, it's not the full on Raiden X kind of shindig, but you know what I mean
>>
>>386501163
It's an alright cartoon
>>
>>386501649
If you're 6
>>
>>386501432
Well it's too lenient to be a bullet hell, it only happens once or twice. But it ain't a shmup either. It occupies its own weird little place.
>>
>>386501625
watered down easy bullshit that people used to trick me into getting the game
>>
>>386501835
Yeah, a non game.
>>
I hate playing games on PC, it just feels so, I don't know, fake to me. Should I buy the Vita/PS4 port that comes out in like a week?
>>
>>386501163
is that an argument?
>>
>>386501961
Yes
>>
>>386478291
I'm sorry you have shit taste anon I suggest you buy life is strange to get accustomed to your condition
>>
>>386478291
>listening to /v/ instead of forming your own opinions
I don't know shit about undertale but you're retarded
>>
anyone else a degenerate?
>>
>>386478291
Your newfag is showing. When the game first came out /v/ was all over the damn thing. There was always a thread up actively discussing the game and whatever secrets it might've held. Once it hit the mainstream that's when it became cool to hate on the game.
>>
>>386478291
It's a solid 6/10 in my book.It's a fine game nothing more.Funny & likable characters,a fine plot,doesn't need to grind like other rpg,etc but it is also too casual.I don't get it when people say avoid the game because of it's fans.How does it effect your enjoyment while playing the game makes no sense to me.
>>
>>386480085
What a faggot. Holy shit.
>>
>>386502179
The landwhales can keep Sans, but I'd make a proper man out of Papyrus.
>>
>>386478291
>listening to /v/
You did this to yourself.
>>
>>386502120
whatever, the ponies are cute as fuck anyway

>>386501943
kys
>>
File: [extremely loud laugh track].gif (2MB, 649x472px) Image search: [Google]
[extremely loud laugh track].gif
2MB, 649x472px
>>386502713
>Funny & likable characters,a fine plot
>>
File: 1496904580682.png (311KB, 928x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496904580682.png
311KB, 928x960px
>>386503206
Huh sweetie got any problem?
>>
>>386494995
>forming your own opinion instead of mindlessly following the hivemind is embarrassing
Hello nu-v
>>
File: 1497831673724.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497831673724.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>386501943
this dude
>>
File: 1464114666713.webm (261KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1464114666713.webm
261KB, 500x250px
>>386480085
>samefagged replies to your own passive-aggressive rant post for a screencap to be spammed in every UT thread hoping that it will become a meme and to remind how much you think your opinion about UT matters to anyone
>>
>>386503807
>that many replies
>samefagging

methinks you protest too much
>>
>>386505084
anon, do you know how peer pressure on 4chan works? a post doesn't need many samefag replies when others will out of habit start replying to it only because it already has a bunch of repleis, no matter how much of an ovious bait shitpost it is
>>
File: sorry for waht.jpg (40KB, 600x522px) Image search: [Google]
sorry for waht.jpg
40KB, 600x522px
>>386493553
>still good
>the developer has a mental breakdown and confesses to making the games for reddit
>the developer ruins the first game by sanitizing and butchering it retroactively in the sequels
>the developer's storylines are purposefully confusing because he thinks "understood story" equals a bad one
I'll defend the first game any day. But that is just some grade a shit taste.
>>
>>386480646
He already has a fortune now. As long as he lives modestly he doesn't have to work another day of his life.
>>
>>386496290
>It was made as a joke
>NO IT'S COMPLETELY SERIOUS SCREEEEEEE FUCKING UNDERNIGGERS
Laughing Out Loud at you
>>
File: mettaton.png (757KB, 710x911px) Image search: [Google]
mettaton.png
757KB, 710x911px
Would you bite my shiny metal ass?
>>
>>386507970
Have you seen the blog? It's already abandoned, but it used to make a shit ton of art, you can find it on google. I doubt someone would be that dedicated as a joke.
>>
>>386507970
Pretty sure tumblr unironically does stuff like that
>>
Solid 8/10 game with an autistic fan base
>>
>>386508109
>I doubt someone would be that dedicated as a joke.
You're saying this on a website where people go above and beyond the duty to get a rise out of people for zero gain.
>>
>>386494347
After two years the owner doesn't care to roleplay for Undertale any more, dude.
Rest assured it was sincere as fuck.
>>
>>386508091
Only girls.
>>
>>386478291
Well there's your problem, OP. You took /v/'s opinion of a game seriously.
>>
>>386503807
>passive-aggressive

I don't think you know what that means.
>>
File: hiel.jpg (23KB, 326x375px) Image search: [Google]
hiel.jpg
23KB, 326x375px
>>386496120
>Asriel: Bionicle

I never noticed this and now I'm cackling like a mad man
>>
>>386505664

>multiple replies is considered "peer pressure"

LOL
>>
>>386509234
the butthurt he is suffering from clearly shows trough the post, even if he's trying to hide it with the laughing reaction and all.
>>
File: 1368945098208.jpg (101KB, 537x537px) Image search: [Google]
1368945098208.jpg
101KB, 537x537px
>>386480085
>tfw like this screencap since kermit told it like it fucking is and anyone who publicly disagrees can try all they want to stir shit or get a response but in the end you know they're objectively mislead and ironically choosing to perpetuate shitposting and stir in the feces of conformity for /v/ hivemind internet points rather than publicly agree with a healthy mindset like they should as decent human beings just because it trips arbitrary "le fahnny screencap" and "undertale defense force" flags
>>
>>386480085

>20/06/2016
>Screen-shotted posts say 06/20/16

Nice consistency.
>>
>>386478291
This happened to me with Steven Universe
>>
>>386509935
you don't know how 4chan arranges dates, don't you
>>
>>386497201
Could you fucking imagine if Undertale had actually been the Homestuck game. Like can you imagine the massive cancerous blight it would have become I think it would have made moot create another containment board.
>>
>>386509680
That's not Kermit laughing though. That's literally a scene of him shouting (in surprise in the show but still not laughing)
>>
>>386497223
Maybe they don't want it to?
Games don't need to have any morality beyond what the developers want.
>>
>>386478291
You just have shitty taste in general
>>
>>386492437
>When games are not well known, obviously there will be a much smaller number of people discussing it, and it is likely that the majority of the group that discusses it would be fans of the game since it has their attention without being marketed.
>But if the game is well known, you would obviously get more people to pay attention it. And that means you get people from a wide variety of demographics to come and judge it by their standards.
>So basically little known games tends to be somewhat of a circlejerk, while well known games is under the scrutiny of numerous different people.
>Obvious as people stop paying attention to the games or when the game gets old, it gets settled down back again to a much smaller group, which more often than not would be the fans of the game.
>This is how ignorant people get the impression of the "/v/ cycle" when in reality it is just demographics change in threads
>>
>>386510056
It is the HS game for many, since the actual will be a flop.
>>
>>386503807

>Passive-agressive

nigger I know EXACTLY who you are, thanks for ruining /cgg/ you fucking niggerfaggot. Jesus fuck everyone here is a goddamn CUNT and I don't know why I came back here
>>
When the demo was released people loved it. Then it suddenly came out, lots of threads popped up on /v/, and at first people liked it. But then it became popular and suddenly it's not ok to like it anymore soz
>>
>>386510401
I don't browse generals at all they're the cancer killing this board
>>
>>386509848
Yeah, I agree.
>>
>>386480581
>implying Papyrus deserved to die
nigga, it is impossible for him to kill you
he leaves you at 1hp no matter how bad you fuck up, and if you lose against him 3 times he lets you go.
>>
>>386509848
I still hate undertale for genuine reasons and no autistic paragraphs are going to stop me
>>
>>386510915
That really has nothing to do with what Kermit anon said.
>>
>>386510915
Thats not the point. If you have reasons, good. You formed an actual opinion
>>
>>386511183
Then why do underfags always post it at me
>>
>>386499520
This.
Its one of those games that really isn't impressive with it's gameplay, I would say it would work better as a novel but thats not true, as while its gameplay is mediocre, it helps to reinforce its themes at the very least.
>>
>>386511328
Some people are dumb and use tools in ways they're not meant to.
>>
>>386499520

I thought I was alone, the atmosphere and writing is pretty top notch, but the actual game was annoying and boring to slog through
>>
>>386499520
Yeah and Undertale combines bullet hell dodging, mario rpg attacking, and smt conversation and waters them all down to the point of casualization
rpgs never have good gameplay
>>
>>386478291
its a good game, its just the community and the fans that ruined it. I loved the game, but I don't obsess over it like all the fans do.
>>
>>386480147
so i ignore that you told me to do the opposite of what they said so i do what you say and do the opposite and ignore you to do thingssssss andddddddd....
>>
>>386482458
It'd be easier to respect people's opinions if they weren't such contrarians all the time. This means people with valid criticisms get lost in the flood. That said those contrarians all think they have valid criticisms no matter emotional based it is.
>>
>>386510915
that's fine. i just like when i see it posted and people attempt to tell it off with posts like >>386494995

kermit is right. so right that it wouldn't even be worthy of any real acknowledgement outside of a reassuring head nod if people still didn't attempt to accuse the poster of autism or faggotry. it's an ingenious trap that puts a big fucking spotlight on the fact that so many people here aren't negative out of any genuine disagreement with a given subject, but negative solely for laughs, because that's all /v/ is good for. "/v/ is irredeemable shit. why should i commit any fraction of seriousness or concern to this god forsaken board? i'll just post what i want. it can be clever bait or it can just be something retarded. either way, someone may or may not reply and it'll get a chuckle out of me if so" this isn't to say anti-undertale discussion isn't bad, it is definitely ridiculous to think the game should be perfect in everyone's eyes, but there is a very real problem among all possible video games and tertiary discussions here that any active thread will have "shitpost hitchhikers" ride the coattails of negativity just to stir shit up and fuck with the "defense force" of said subject matter.

now there's nothing wrong with some outside banter, but this board is embroiled in so much "content paranoia"; you know, like overwhelmingly seething tumblr hatred or telling off the reddit boogeyman at all times even when the context makes it come off as pathetic, that it's bred a disgusting environment where people, whether intentionally or for a laugh, try to defend whatever imaginary semblance of "integrity" the board still has as a group when it's a fucking cesspool BECAUSE of that hivemind mentality. above these reddit memes and shitty vidya opinions, their posts are the biggest quality drop this board's ever seen.

at least people are aware of it, and according to >>386511328, it's probably why it's posted at you, fearing you as who i've described
>>
>>386511796
I agree. Considering its overall difficulty, its mechanics are solid as fuck and feel good if you're usually into action games. I almost never play story-driven games, but UT had enough going for it with the gameplay it had and its writing that I enjoyed it, and even replayed it for the other two endings, and I very rarely fully replay games more than once in a row.
I mean, the only legit challenging fights in the game were Undyne 2 and Sans, the latter of which is basically kaizo-tier gotcha shit on purpose. Undyne 2 was fun as fuck though.
On the flipside I fucking hate FNAF and Stanley Parable, what a pretentious fucking philosophy-101 piece of shit game because they're not fun games at all, and the writing is a joke to boot.
>>
>>386513019
words words words autism words words [this] is what ruined /v/ words words tumblr reddit words words
>>
>>386513346
>I agree. Considering its overall difficulty, its mechanics are solid as fuck
Uh, did you read my post right
>>
>>386511328
Did they, or did someone just post it and you assumed?
>>
>>386513434
yeah sometimes words mean something. good thing i'm on a board that's all about discussion, because maybe my opinion or thoughts can have weight on a given subject, whether it's vidya or the state of the board. you could've ignored me or actually formulated a meaningful response but
>tumblr reddit
you're not even hiding it. you're just telling me off and laying it home with the key buzzwords. your indifference is killing this board and ruining threads. fuck off and kill yourself you worthless fucking faggot.
>>
>>386513607
I misunderstood. I'm not the original guy you responded to though. It has mechanics from other games and overall it's piss-easy, but it implements them well and doesn't miss crucial parts like making your hitbox much smaller than your sprite or making sure that all patterns are actually dodge-able if you don't corner yourself. Shit like Binding of Isaac fucked that up hard for instance, despite being a harder game overall.
I don't know what I'm actually arguing here, I just like UT more than most story-based games because it actually feels like a game.
>>
>>386514513
Only retards think binding of isaac is a bullet hell
Bullet hells are arcade style shoot em ups with a lot of bullets
also what kind of shitty bullets hell have you been playing where you cant see your hitbox
>>
>>386514458
give a fucking tl;dr man and and don't mention tumblr, reddit or call /v/ a nu-/v/ because those are all meaningless buzzwords at this point
>>
File: 1494590968527.png (17KB, 337x372px) Image search: [Google]
1494590968527.png
17KB, 337x372px
>you will never have a qt buff fish gf that calls you their nerd 24/7
STANDING
>>
File: IMG_0115.jpg (20KB, 540x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0115.jpg
20KB, 540x270px
Being a kid, you think pacifist is the way to go. But when your older, you realize Chara was the true hero all along
>>
>>386514641
>>386513434
>thinking people have to summarize posts to you because you can't read
kys
>>
>>386515218
fine then if you don't wish to get your point trough
>>
>>386494668
4chan makes me hate discussing any game. That booby awards shit isn't exclusive to Undertale.
>>
>>386494668
>Megalovania not in the top 3 for best track
>ASGORE voted the best

Finally, something I can agree with. Megalovania has to be the most overrated video game track in existence. Even more so than Wily Castle and The Moon theme.
>>
File: 1464929807306.jpg (15KB, 363x288px) Image search: [Google]
1464929807306.jpg
15KB, 363x288px
>>386478291
>/V/
>4Chan
>>
>>386514641
>and don't mention tumblr, reddit or call /v/ a nu-/v/ because those are all meaningless buzzwords at this point
i have to, i'm making a point, ironically in support of what you're telling me to do. unfortunately these buzzwords are incredibly meaningful, as their reputation is still a strong symbol of today's rampant, hivemind shitpost culture.

here's your summary. it'll still be long though, sorry: lots of people hate this board, but rather than leave, they choose to stir chaos. when they're not just being faggots, they'll usually be there to tell off anyone who posts anything that doesn't fit the hivemind's idea of proper /v/ content. example: i like undertale: a post like this will most likely attract ironic shitposting rather than a genuine disagreement. normally responses like "kys" or "faggot" would be acceptable as banter but nowadays it's extremely rampant and everyone is expected to accept it as the proper mindset rather than entertain a meaningful debate. so much negativity has formed over the years over that mindset being adopted that now there is actually a sickeningly large number of people who just shitpost and support the madness for their own personal amusement. it's a claim, maybe not based on definitive examples, but it's hard not to see it as the truth. this all stemmed from anons slamming the kermit post for autism, when the point made was actually, objectively fucking right. they didn't care if they looked like hivemind conforming faggots, they just wanted to call something embarrasing or a faggot and call it a day.
>>
>>386516891
so basically just people shitpost the board into oblivion and everything goes to shit
>>
>>386498773
So far above above the consequences
>>
File: kirby eating cheese.png (289KB, 336x492px) Image search: [Google]
kirby eating cheese.png
289KB, 336x492px
>>386478291
There's a very clear distinction between when /v/ hates a good game and when /v/ hates a bad one.

If you say you like a good game that /v/ hates, you'll have at least a dozen rabid shitposters go frothing at the fucking mouth no matter how hard you justify your opinions.

If it's genuinely bad, you'll just be dismissed as a shitposter and/or be ignored entirely.
>>
>>386478291
I preordered it on PSN so that I could play it on my Vita. I know nothing of the game, but the OST is pretty great, so it warranted the gamble for having it on Vita/PS4 for a mere 15 bucks.
>>
>>386518282
>15

I'd say it's worth 10 bucks but if you seriously don't know shit then you'll probably enjoy it.
>>
>>386517385
yes, but imo that's a meaningless statement without my thoughts to support it. sorry i couldn't make it that concise.
>>
>>386518340
Eh, 15 for both seems justified. That said, if I was willing to wait, I'm sure I could have gotten it for less. I got Darkest Dungeon for 10 bucks on PSN just a couple weeks ago, and it's good enough to where I would have paid full price. That said, I'll probably wind up paying the full price for the game when the DLC hits later this month.
>>
>>386480753
This desu famalam. It's like you all forget /v/ likes a game then turns on it.
Fnaf, minecraft, undertale. All had the same cycle
>>
File: 1477159369452.png (480KB, 800x932px) Image search: [Google]
1477159369452.png
480KB, 800x932px
>>386515171
she has a gf
>>
>>386501832
/a/ loves shit like kemono friends, this is basically the same thing.
>>
>>386497230
>attacking options are extremely limited and underdeveloped, and makes the Genocide route an abysmal slog to play through

this is the point, though. and there are options with how you attack. certain items increase your attack power and the different weapons each have their own timings to learn.

>stats other than HP have no real impact in attacking or defending from enemies

the game is pretty lenient on how much damage you take, but clothes do offer a defense boost from what i recall. and besides that, the only stat you get from leveling up is HP, so everything else is gear-based.

>sparing enemies is completely limited to mindlessly fucking around in the Act menu

not if you get info on the enemies first and listen to their dialogue.
>>
>>386481662
>namefagging
>avatarfagging
>desu
>>
>>386484894
Come on, undernet messages are not that bad and can give you ocasional gigle. I know that for each is own, but it looks like the same shit that was with navi.
>>
File: The Cuckening.webm (3MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
The Cuckening.webm
3MB, 1280x718px
Pretty sure nobody on /v/ said it was bad. The fandom is Homestuck or Sonic levels of autistic, though. Best just to play and move on.

>tfw that faggot dog never completed hard mode
>>
>>386518894
>That is the point
So intentionally making something shitty is the same as making something good?
>>
>>386494280
Kill yourself famalam girls who cut are the fucking best.
Wait.
Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>386478291
No one said Undertale is shit, we said the fandom is shit.
>>
File: 327221105947312129.png (18KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
327221105947312129.png
18KB, 112x112px
>>386478291
I'm glad you enjoyed it OP, I personally found it to be garbage with zero depth to it and that every character was extremely one dimensional memes and that the game's combat system was a meaningless drawback to a series that would've likely been better as a webcomic series like shitstuck.
>>
>>386501432

More of a Bullet Drizzle then
>>
>>386494076
>Tumblr complains 'White washing is bad'
>Tumblr user then goes ahead and forces races onto fictional characters with sterotypical depictions of each race
>Tumblr loves it.

Not even a fucking /pol/lock but what the hell is with Tumblr slapping every middle eastern race under the sun onto fictional characters? Do they have a fetish for that sort of thing the same way Japs have a thing for dark skinned/tanned people?
>>
File: 1449243880.comrade324_moonbelly.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449243880.comrade324_moonbelly.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
Hey.
Check this out.
>>
File: ugh.png (33KB, 306x129px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
33KB, 306x129px
>>386478625
>>386478291
>Friend gifts the game to me
>He wants to watch me play it
>Spoils secrets as i go along
>Tells me Easter eggs and shit
>Ruins game experience within the first few hours

that was two christmases ago. i still cant play it, it doesnt intrigue me

I also know how all the endings go
>>
>>386478291
I'm sorry to hear about your disability
>>
File: 1480090909465.jpg (7KB, 228x223px) Image search: [Google]
1480090909465.jpg
7KB, 228x223px
>>386523997
What the fuck is up with your friend. Why would you gift someone a game and then spoil it for them?
>>
>>386478291
I didn't like how I only had one attack and the game told me I was a bad guy for killing things.
So eh.
>>
welcome to the club of unjaded people who don't mind popularity in the least because they're properly socialized human beings who do not feel resentment when other people enjoy things
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.