[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is SFV even salvageable at this point? 18 months after release

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 531
Thread images: 87

File: Street_Fighter_V_box_artwork.png (135KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
Street_Fighter_V_box_artwork.png
135KB, 300x298px
Is SFV even salvageable at this point? 18 months after release and the game is still mediocre as hell. Let's say Capcom does announce a Super Street Fighter V, what are the chances they still manage to fuck it up? I say about 50/50 since modern Capcom is absolutely terrible at management and communication with fans of their games. I whole-heartedly think SFV could a an amazing game, but Capcom's incompetence is holding the game back.
>>
>>386474892
I'd say 90% chance for trash, considering Disney Vs Capcom looks terrible.
>>
>>386474892
No hope. The core gameplay is fucked, there's literally nothing they can do to fix it outside of making it a different game. Maybe they'll figure it out for SFVI. haha just kidding, MvC:I proves they don't know what they're doing anymore
>>
File: 2069989_0.jpg (36KB, 540x309px) Image search: [Google]
2069989_0.jpg
36KB, 540x309px
>>386475030
I lost hope for MvC:I the moment I saw Sigma was day one DLC. I can't believe they actually made two main villains and then cut one out of the base game just to make an extra buck.
>>
File: 1498585659693.jpg (352KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1498585659693.jpg
352KB, 1280x1280px
>>386475360
>>
>>386475276
People keep saying the gameplay in MvC:I is good, but I wasn't feeling it in the story demo we got to play.
>>
>>386475360
Considering what they did with SFxT where they held off completely finished characters on disk to release up to nearly a year later with their season pass, I believe it. Still though, I'll probably pirate MvCI to fuck around in training mode and stuff. If I like the game enough to want to play online, maybe I'll get it. Jedah, Venom, and the return of Dante have me interested enough to give it a chance.
>>
File: whathappenedtoyou.jpg (101KB, 1024x570px) Image search: [Google]
whathappenedtoyou.jpg
101KB, 1024x570px
>>386475360
God these characters look like shit
>>
>>386475587
Agreed, I can't put my finger on it but it just didn't click. It felt a bit slow and disconnected I guess? And a lot of the effects/presentation were underwhelming.
>>
>>386475601
I imagine the bad PR for MvC:I will have a negative effect on sales, like SFV, that they will be forced to release a Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. I'll most likely just get that maybe by then the roster won't be so disappointing.
>>
>>386474892
Everyone talks about saving Capcom saving SFV as if they wouldn't have already if they had the money, time, and resources. Everywhere I go I hear, "man, if Capcom added 'X' character, or more supers, or more more V-triggers, SFV would be saved." Truth of the matter is that it's all just hopeful thinking. A never ending circle where people get their hopes up thinking Capcom will magically fix SFV after this year's Evo or Capcom Cup, only to be disappointed when Capcom announces costumes and one new character every two-3 months.
>>
>>386474892
Depends.

I don't like the core gameplay, and they're not going to change that, so there's no chance that I'll play it again.

Can they get casuals on board? They'd need some good single-player content and good tutorials. But Capcom is notoriously cheap when it comes to producing anything other than a bare bones product, so I doubt it will happen.
>>
>>386475874
A lot of Capcom's games seem to be underwhelming lately. If MHW ends up being shit Capcom will probably die and and I'll probably kill myself as well.
>>
>>386475587
Everyone was praising SFVs gameplay before release. Now same people are saying it sucks. Dont trust the shills.
>>
>>386476251
Yeah I try to avoid anything FChamp says about the game.
>>
>>386475987
Stockholm syndrome, man. People feel obligated to support capcom because they feel like they're supporting the FGC in the process. It's a half-truth, but they definitely set themselves up for disappointment every time. Also laughing at everyone that thinks SFV is gonna be saved eventually. The game is intentionally designed to always result in a clusterfuck slugfest for artificial hype. It's never gonna change.
>>
File: squuirrelgirl.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
squuirrelgirl.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
Honestly, if the going leaks are true and we get Super Street Fighter V that gives us 6 returning DLC characters that are all fan favourites, and SSFV brings massive, sweeping game play mechanic changes and fixes, it'll be a good start.

There's no chance in Hell that giving us 6 old characters + arcade mode will suddenly fix the completely broken netcode that runs on Capcom's mobage servers that was coded by one man though.

And it's not going to fix the currently existing and boring cast that all play the same.

It's not going to make everyone forget about the first two dumpster fire years of Capcom shitting on all criticism and letting John D run his mouth

It's not going to make everyone forget that Capcom paid top players and popular players on social media to shill SFV and Marvel as hard as humanly possible

It's not going to make everyone forget that the EVO 2k17 grand finals were hype because Punk was a poor 18 year old black kid that was going to be America's first SF champion or Tokido was finally going to get his title he's worked years for, not because the games were fun to watch (because they weren't)

It's not going to make everyone forget that MvCI has no X-Men or Fantastic Four characters, all currently existing X-Men and FF characters got recycled into other characters, and that the first two years of DLC have been leaked and nobody is interesting, and whoever is interesting is just a frankenstein of cut characters people actually want in the game, like Black Panther having X-23, Wolverine, and Felicia's moves and animations.

It's not going to make people forget that MvCI is Street Fighter x Tekken 2 instead of Marvel vs. Capcom 4, and that it's just all the bad parts of X Tekken, MvC3, and SFV rolled into one game.

It's not going to make people forget that every top player says they don't think SFV is a good game and that the only reason it's played is for the money.

It's not going to make people ignore the hideous characters like pic related
>>
File: 1466729675387.jpg (20KB, 284x285px) Image search: [Google]
1466729675387.jpg
20KB, 284x285px
>>386476861
God damn anon. You hit the nail right on the head.
>>
Reminder that due to licensing issues this will be the first MvC without any X-men and possibly no spider man characters.

But hey, we got that dumb shit racoon...
>>
>>386476861
>leddit spacing
Kys kappakid
>>
>>386477192
Spider-Man is already confirmed to be in, they announced him with Frank West since they're both photojournalists

Venom is also a DLC character
>>
File: 1379623686370.png (164KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1379623686370.png
164KB, 500x281px
>>386476861
Nice spacing, fag. I agree though. Still, if they change the game to the point where it makes playing the footsie game and defensive neutral worthwhile, I'll go back. It's not gonna happen though, clean neutral and zoning is "boring" for spectators that don't even play fighting games, and inconveniencing spectators isn't on their agenda (for the lack of a better word, thanks John D). They can make the game as stressful and volatile for players as they want though. Characters that can stand roundhouse into v-trigger for consistent comebacks on full health opponents (because one touch before a lucky v-trigger activation can instantly carry you to the corner and shave off half your health while also setting you up for another mixup which will likely stun you) don't matter when you know that your playerbase will always support you. SFV has the FGC held hostage.
>>
I honestly think Street Fighter 5's major problem was going with a "Games as a Service" model. I think if it just released as a full game and didn't have FUCK TONS OF DLC then people wouldn't mind or care and might even overlook the flaws of it's gameplay, but because of the "Games as a Service" thing, and their general shitty business model for the game, they fucked it up.

Though, I enjoy the game. Especially because it's on PC.
>>
>>386474892
SFV biggest mistake was making 09ers believe SF4 was anything but trash
>>
>>386477382
>zoning

They're even nerfing zoning in mvci. Nu-Capcom hates zoning apparently.
>>
>>386477262
>Muh kappa boogeyman
Go suck james chens dick a bit harder.
>>
>>386477385
Most likely this. Capcom probably focused more on how they where going to support the game tell 2020 that they forgot to make sure the game was not barebone on features and functions.
>>
>>386477385
Nah, I think the gameplay is ass. I don't care how consumer friendly games are anymore too much. I mean I'll talk shit about bad business practices but as long as the game has at least one thing I like about it I'll play it.

I can not find one thing about SFV that I like, and I tried for the entirety of season 1. When season 2 made the game even worse, I dropped out. There aren't any fun combos I can grind and show off, Guile came close but those corner combos barely even happen enough to make the character fun, the game is volatile and offensive as fuck to the point where it becomes legitimately stressful to play because the comeback can happen anytime your opponent's v-trigger goes up, the characters have too similar gameplans to the point where you could say SFV has somewhat of a "universal" playstyle (but that was probably intentional to make the game more accessible), playing the zoning or defensive game isn't even viable most of the time unless you're playing against grapplers, and the netcode isn't even good.
>>
>>386477816
They don't hate zoning, spectators do. And they're nerfing it because they want to pull in more spectators. It's not hard to understand. E S P O R T S
>>
>>386476861
dumb kappaturd poster
>>
>>386477828
>He's still mad a respected FGC member called out his little circlejerk sub
lol
>>
>>386477986
Companies and Devs pushing esports is probably one the worst thing to happen to online games. Smug came out and said that people only play SFV for money, well at least pros do. It would be nice if we could go back when people played games because they enjoyed them.
>>
>>386474892

The problem is that you have to admit that the game need some serious improvements before you actually can get to the core of the problem.

Capcom are only interested in reducing the loss at this point. It doesn't really feel that they are trying to boost sales with good improvemts. They are after the quick 4$ they get for shitting out another Chun or Ryu costume while ignoring Jarring graphical errors such as clipping which is a simple animation loop.
>>
>>386478257
Called out for what, being too negative about SFV? He also said that r/kappa only sponsors players so they can look like they support the FGC, like its a conspiracy or something.
>>
>>386478363
I enjoy Street Fighter 5 though.
>>
>>386477274
>Venom dlc
Here we go with this bullshit again. Like Lei not being in Tekken 7 unless dlc.

Fighters are dead anyways so whatever
>>
>>386478470
That's fine and you have every right to enjoy the games you want to, but SFV is a cleary flawed game that could have been fixed a long time ago. People are being negative and rightfully pissed because people keep bringing up problems and Capcom has done jack shit to fix them. The fact that the netcode is still garbage is really disappointing.
>>
>>386477262
When the fuck did spacing out things so you don't have to read in giant clusterfucks a bad thing? Are Bullet Points bad now? Do you go into an office meeting and shout LEDDIT at them too?
>>
>>386478363
SFV dying would result in that, I feel. It will kill the e-sports and "fighting games as a career" dream for a lot of people though. There are pros and cons to both results.

I have to admit though, as I'm working on Guilty Gear to reach the competitive level I'm still having thoughts about going back to SFV really quick just to maybe have a piece of the e-sports pie. It's enticing even though I think the gameplay is actually trash. Still, I also don't want fighting games to become something extremely accessible and oversimplified like overwatch and hearthstone just for esports recognition. It's a cynical and shallow result for a genre that I actually like for retaining its hardcore status for so long.
>>
>>386478885
I don't SFV will actually die. Fans and pros are to invested into the game for that to happen. Also James Chen saying that if it were to die then the FGC will die as well probably got many idiots to keep supporting the game even if it's boring to them.

I also find myself wanting to play R.Mika since I really like her characters, but I can't force myself to re-download SFV. It's just not fun with that garbage netcode.
>>
Super Street Fighter V will save SFV the same way SSFIV saved SFIV.

IV was fucking garbage at launch. Fuck Sagat.
>>
>>386478467
Chen called you faggots out because you're low effort shitposters who love fg drama.
>>
>>386479625
At least vanilla 4 had strong characters that were different from eachother. You will never see a dedicated zoner like Sagat in SFV. Not enough twitch "hype"
>>
>>386479806
>You will never see a dedicated zoner like Sagat in SFV. Not enough twitch "hype"

Sagat is heavily rumoured to be in the next season of DLC characters. But yeah, you're right, the simple idea of Sagat in SFV horrifies me because of how strong he'd be just by being a dedicated and ridiculous zoner.
>>
>>386479806
>Guile
>Sim
>Urien if you're playing a scrub
>>
>>386480012

If you zone with Sim, your asking to get wrecked once you get knock downed. Sim can't zone anyway close to Guiles level.

Wanna play with projectiles and win? Play guile. Want to frame trap with corner Bnb? Play the rest of the cast with the exception of Juri.

You never want to play Juri.
>>
>>386480187
>You never want to play Juri.
But my dick loves Juri ;_;
>>
Nobody is gonna stop playing SFV
>its street fighter
>best prize pools of any fighting game
>money attracts "top players" and their dickriders to keep the game popular
How the game plays has nothing to do with whether it's salvageable or not as long as it pays out and gets support from capcom. You'll never see bamco or arcsys pay out anywhere near as much
>>
>>386476861
>dhalsim, chun li, fang and necalli all play the same

youre retard
>>
>>386480262

You don't play Fighting games with your dick.
>>
>>386480485
That sounds like a challenge.
>>
>>386480365
Their normals and specials differ but the gameplan is the same; get in and stay aggressive. It's the only gameplan that works in this game; zoning, defense, and neutral all take a backseat to slugfests.
>>
>>386476861
well said kappa bro
>>
I always feel like a bad dog when i play SFV. Because all i do is sit in the corner and take the beatings from a huge negro yelling about money.
>>
File: 17_abigail13.jpg (374KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
17_abigail13.jpg
374KB, 1920x1080px
Abigail saved it for me.
The season 2 should have been day 1, since they're the most unique.
But I admit it still is a bad product, and I woudn't recommend it for anyone that don't want to get a little bit serious.
>>
Xian single handedly makes SFV look good when he uses lesser-tier characters

Really high-level FANG gameplay looks awesome
>>
>>386480579
chun lis normals do not allow her to get in and stay aggressive. everything she has thats + on block is incredibly short range. after throws shes even at best, and her only way to get a knockdown off of a stray poke costs meter and is unsafe. on top of that, her damage output is weak compared to everyone else.
>>
>>386479983

Flowtron said "Sagat and Sakura are season 3. Just don't expect them to play like they do on SF4".
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>386476861
>It's not going to make people ignore the hideous characters like pic related
Ibuki is meant to be average though, e.g. a myojo. All of her character evolves around normie wannabe who want a normal highschool life and a cute bf. Say what you want about SFV, but they're capable of making great 3D models like Chun, Juri, Karin, Cammy, Kolin. Not all female characters need to have supermodel faces. The only in-universe acknowledged stunning hotness is Chun Li, so you would imagine other girls should look more or less average.
>>
>>386480943
Which is why she's mid to low tier. In spite of her weaknesses you still won't see a solid player zoning or trying to maintain neutral with her.
>>
>>386480946
>Just don't expect them to play like they do on SF4

I am glad that Cody will never ever be in the game. He was my favorite in Alpha 3 and my second in 4 (After Gouken).

Some times it's good to play as a character no one likes.
>>
>>386480946
>Just don't expect them to play l8ke they do on SF4
I really hope they don't butcher their playstyle like they did with Juri.
>>
File: ken profile.jpg (56KB, 545x480px) Image search: [Google]
ken profile.jpg
56KB, 545x480px
>>386476861

Her face isn't hideous, it's just the angle/lightning.
>>
How would you buff your mains if they even need a buff?

I'd give Alex charge heavy attacks like urien. A fully charged hp becomes an overhead that leads to a full combo. A fully charged hk pushes the opponent back further and becomes insanely positive, allowing better corner pressure.

But fuck as an Alex main ill take anything. He just doesn't have shit compared to most of the cast and he's the only character I had fun with in this shit game.
>>
File: eyebrows.gif (58KB, 553x381px) Image search: [Google]
eyebrows.gif
58KB, 553x381px
>>386481431
doesn't save those eyebrows though
>>
>>386481254
>mov never tries to maintain neutral

you're full of shit.
>>
>>386476861
cringe
>>
File: Z8PHRPl.png (523KB, 717x338px) Image search: [Google]
Z8PHRPl.png
523KB, 717x338px
>>386480708

Abigail is fun, endless EX-smash.

>>386480946

Sakura was a mess in 4. Her tatsuloop was so stupid online. I always picked Dee Jay against her and went full Ghetto-Vortex.

>>386481276

cody was/is among the most popular non-females in the series. At least way more so than gouken.
>>
File: 1477339117026.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477339117026.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
if it wasn't for ibuki i would probably play gg fulltime. glad i stuck with her through s1 when everyone thought she was trash. if they ever gut her imma just go gg fulltime
>>
>>386480946
Is anyone going to take guesses on how they do play?

I'm going to guess sagats v system is fireball oriented. V skill is a strong but unsafe tiger shot, down plus v skill shoots a low hitting one but is even more unsafe. V trigger will be a worse version of kens.

Sakuras v skill will be a charge move that makes her hadouken more powerful similar to blog but its a projectile so they will inherently make it shit. Her trigger will likely make her specials more safe and more capable of mixups, changes her super but goes away when super is used like ryu.
>>
>>386481528

Alex: Better oki or safer elbows and better tracking on the stomp/headbut. I dropped him because of the fucking tracking.

Mika: c.hp reverted to season 1, or at least +1 on block. Longer distance on her s.mk. Clap -2, -8 is too fucking much since you don't even get something out of it midscreen. c.mp airbourne again. I didn't care about it until I fought a Rashid, and everything he does is airbourne.

Abigail: Too soon to tell, but I don't like how long his recovery is on everything.
>>
>>386480708
I see why people may like Abigail, but I have no interest in playing a giant fucking retard. His announcement at EVO was just disappointing compared to everything else.
>>
>>386482234

>His announcement at EVO was just disappointing compared to everything else.

And yet, you're here instead of talking about Geese on a Tekken 7 thread, on a Blazblue Tag Battle thread, or a DBFZ thread.
>>
>>386476861
Don't forget that they censored the game. Refused to use GGPO and the game is currently $40 still, when it offers to unlock characters and skins for real life money. The base game should be $10.
>>
>>386480579
>dhalsims gameplan is to get in and stay aggressive

full retard
>>
File: 1499560825682.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499560825682.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>386482487

Characters are free.
>>
>>386481528

Honestly, i think that Alex main issue for now is the lack of a solid reversal. Also, i would like to see more use of the V-skill outside of certain matches.

I feel that i only use the V-skill against characters with a bad dash and/or Crush counter.

Also, due to the lack of reversal i have to spend V-bar on the V-reveral, so in matches against a character like Balrog, i don't get the chance to use my Trigger that often (Which is bad, since it's great against Balrog).
>>
>>386482569
Not him but it is

Dhalsim doesn't play like he does in the older games
>>
>>386482569

That is sims gameplan depending on how much of a comeback factor the other character has. Some characters you simply can't zone that well with Sim.
>>
>>386482447
But I was in the BBCTB and DBFZ thread the other day. Am I not allowed to talk about multiple games?
>>
>>386475360
Did seinfeldspitstain design those models?
>>
>>386475276
>The core gameplay is fucked
This. Worst in the series by far. I'd say wait for 6 but I don't know if they'll make it at all or if I'll like it judging by how many retarded decisions they made with 5.
>>
>>386482447
I talk about dbfz, this, and mvci almost anytime they're up. There's no reason not to post in multiple threads if you have multiple interests in fighters anon. I'm personally hype for piccolo and hope he's a good foil for vegeta cause if so my team will be trunks, piccolo, and vegeta.
>>
>>386482778
thats always been the case. only in other games, sim just outright lost those matches because he had no other tools.

>>386482753
sim is still better off zoning against most of the cast. just because now he can put on the offense when he gets a chance doesn't mean thats his main gameplan.
>>
>>386482487
all dlc characters so far are unlockable by clearing the single player content on easy and normal

the censor is 2 changed camera angles. The game is still pretty lewd especially since they constantly have to change basic coatumes at tournaments

you are just full of shit
>>
>>386483492
And even when sim does go in, it is typically just for a short burst before moving across the screen.
>>
>>386474892
If the rumors of Super Street Fighter V are true then yes, there's still hope
>>
File: abigail size.jpg (61KB, 700x220px) Image search: [Google]
abigail size.jpg
61KB, 700x220px
>>386483309

Then you're a good guy.
Just don't hate on Abby because of Capcom fucking up.
>>
File: IMG_4728.jpg (33KB, 418x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4728.jpg
33KB, 418x300px
>>386474892
There's only one thing they have to do to salvage it
>>
>>386482646
Reversals in general are fucked and only recently got any sort of half assed fix. But they've been shit for so long that people don't even bother cause its so ingrained that only ex reversals are worthwhile if you have one at all. For his v skill I just spam the fuck out of it if they try to keep away since they buffed its speed.

If Alex had anything like that it should be on his grab. Hes the only grappler that doesnt have anything going for his ex grabs while everyone else gets at least grab invincible on theirs.
>>
>>386476861
Jesus christ, If I was a capcom employee my dick will limp after reading this.
>>
File: 1471724094028.png (14KB, 166x166px) Image search: [Google]
1471724094028.png
14KB, 166x166px
>>386474892
>yfw you didnt buy SFV
>>
>>386481528
Vega's v-skil (tap) should be fully invincible and not punishable. Otherwise I think he's got an interesting design. Also, if they brought back close normals then his poke game would only benefit.

>>386484047
I would like to see Alex get a hit of armor on his grab.
>>
>>386483953
Just fucking do it Capcom
Make him real
>>
>>386474892
I hope SFVI is espn friendly at least.
>>
>>386475452

I enjoy the Blacked DON'T WORRY one, personally.
>>
>>386474892
>Is SFV even salvageable at this point?
As asset vehicle for SFM?
>>
File: 9FWWCx6.png (978KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
9FWWCx6.png
978KB, 1024x576px
>>386484424
Don't worry sathi, next year we'll make it more halal for everyone to enjoy.
>>
>>386480485

Says you. My dick is attached to my arcade stick.
>>
File: 1344347904793.jpg (22KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1344347904793.jpg
22KB, 515x515px
>>386484297
>>
>>386480708
>Abigail saved it for me.

know why are you doing this but damn nigga, at least pretend better.
>>
File: 1500878656733.jpg (57KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1500878656733.jpg
57KB, 500x380px
>>386484047

Alex grab is a strange thing. It's not that great compared to the advantage you get from just using your Elbow or Chop.

The entire game plan i use is "Fuck everything that is damage, let me get him into the corner". Once in the corner i just fish for HK counter into Elbow xx Launcher xx Slash xx CA (Or just Launcher xx Ex-Anti air).

I just use the grab on unsafe moves or as surprise. It's not just worth using it more than that. Unless your get St.HP counter Hp.slash xx Grab.
>>
>>386484405
Sheng Long is Gouken you dummy.
>>
>>386483830
Not him but
I fucking hate Abigail purely because of his design and model, it's a complete insult on my eyesight, his proportions suck, and he takes up way too much of the damned screen.
>>
>>386484798
>pigtails exposed
Fucking slut.
>>
>>386474892
Depends on what you consider to be bad about it.

If it was the lack of content then the game might be a good call right now since it has a semi-decent ammount of stuff to do and unlock, even though survival mode is pretty much a huge waste of time and there's no arcade mode.
If it was the shit lobbies and connection then the game is also much better now, you can actually see the flags and player ranks correctly this time, even though it doesn't have a region filter like in the previous game.
If it was the gameplay, which is also my case, then the game will never be salvageable because it will never change and will continue to have small range and long ass block-stun.

Even if the game got resonably better it still feels very underwelming, it is not even fun to watch.
>>
>>386485020
No, Akuma and Gouken were certainly inspired BY the Sheng Long hoax, but neither are actually "Sheng Long"
it would just be cool if it happened is all desu I mean that's similar to how Ermac got into Mortal Kombat
>>
>>386485224
Don't worry about the gameplay, it took several iterations before IV became what it was.
V is a new game that's still being polished. It will get better.
>>
File: 1498659848985.jpg (234KB, 1000x1413px) Image search: [Google]
1498659848985.jpg
234KB, 1000x1413px
>people put up with SF4's ultras, focus and FADCs, ridiculous oki and vortexes, one frame links for bnb combos and general bullshit
>but SFV is the worst game ever
Aside from the shitty cast it's just like every other street fighter I don't get the hatred
>>
>>386485493
The main difference is that other Street Fighter games got progressively better, while SFV has been progressively getting worse
>>
>>386481528
Give Karin an actual anti-air, that would make her decent.
>>
>>386485493
>t will get better.

how many times do you paste that phrase already?
>>
>>386485575
>He doesn't give them the st.HP
Look at this plebeian and laugh
>>
>>386485493
I dont belive so. 4 was initially a mess but it got a lot better in super amd the new characters were quit fun. We already at the end of the second season and the general gameplay havent changed one bit besides some nerffs and ridiculous buffs. The game aint gonna change anon.
>>
>>386485718
took two years between the new versions of sf 4, did it not? so the time is near for ssfv if the rumors are true
>>
>>386485569

What is wrong with 1-fram BnB? It's not like you had 0 chance of winning if you stuck to 2-3 Framers. You had a disadvantage because the other player was better than you at execution, that's all.
>>
I have idea how to salvage SF franchise: make survival shooter with SF characters
>>
>>386485569
one-frame links become two-frame links with plinking.
>>
>>386476861
I lvoe how a majority of the replies to this post are butthurt capcom shills.
>>
>>386485674
It either trades or fails most of the time, that's not efficient enough.
>>
>>386485958

The main issue is that 4 had several different incarnations. 5 won't have that (if you want to belive capcom) and it's hard to introduce a game changing mechanic without it.

There will be a few tweeks here and there, but at the end of the day, it will be pretty much the same old.
>>
>>386485958
I aint gonna buy yet anotjer version of n already lackluster game anon. That's not only a big "IF" but if true it will only make capcom look more shitty then they already are for breaking their promisse of not releasing multiple versions of the game.

In other words i have no hopes for it nor want to risk spending more money into it.
>>
>>386486289
Then give them the cr.HP crush counter or qcb.PP invincible DP
>>
>>386486356
If the Super update is true then it's a free update, senpai
>>
>>386476861
>all currently existing X-Men and FF characters got recycled into other characters
Except they didn't. The idea that Gamora is Deadpool, which some autismo seems to keep spamming, is retarded. We literally have zero info of what the DLC characters will play like.

I do agree with everything else though.
>>
>>386486092
This is the saddest bait I have ever seen. Have this (You) out of pity
>>
>>386486469
If it is free than ill give it a go but i dont expect much
>>
>>386486934
Then*
>>
File: 23ih56p.jpg (70KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
23ih56p.jpg
70KB, 600x800px
Rule 63 every character.
>>
>>386478870
It is just something that anons with no arguments like to say. Just enjoy the salt.
>>
>>386487172
>female
>chest hair
>>
>>386475707
They purposefully made the Capcom models looks worse to make the MCU stand out more.
>>
>>386487416
You're missing out anon
>>
>>386487576

But the Marvel side looks like shit too.
>>
>>386475360
And Sigma's one of Capcom's only newcomers. Without him, there are only three newcomers on Capcom's side, and Monster Hunter hasn't even been revealed yet. That's intolerable for me.
>>
>>386488048
Roster is almost all shit but the models and designs are mostly better on the marvel end. Captain marvel, iron man, ultron, spider man, gamora, and rocket all look passable at worst. The only decent looking characters shown off on capcoms end are morrigan and jedah. Dante, chun, x, and frank all look like dollar store knock offs.
>>
>>386484924
Abigail has cemented himself as a fan favorite and series staple, deal with it
>>
>>386485569

FADC was the best thing about 4. It made it way more fun to watch, and way more fun to play around with a character trying out different combos just for fun.

I agree that it was a pain in the ass in terms of hand holding, but due to the cost it's not something you could spam.

And it feelt really rewarding once you finaly got that FADC combo to work.
>>
>>386485029
His alt costumes fix him if you don't want to look at that retarded normal costume.

I like being giant Lobo.
>>
>>386488796

FADC dumbed the game down because it was a get out of jail free button for anyone with a cancelable invincible reversal.
>>
>>386488036
No thanks, I like chicks to have hair on their head and just a slight modest hint in the vaginal area, but that's it
>>
>>386488634
to think that you dont even get paid for this
>>
>>386481528
Give Ed's psycho upper more horizontal range. I hate hitting a max range c.mk only to have it whiff and eating a huge punish for it. Also hate being able to link s.mp to c.mp only to have psycho upper whiff again.
>>
>>386489003

With certain characters it was pretty much only a get out of jail free card (Guile), but on most of the cast you had to use it as a combo extender.

You did not have infinte meter, so it's not like you could do a DP and then FADc every time it missed.

I know that there are many people who didn't enjoy it, but for me it added a fun mechanic both for watching it and for playing it.

The first time i actually managed to pull of Codys Ex-Zonk into fadc u1 in a match i feelt way more hype than i have ever done in 5.
>>
>>386489865
sweet

spacing

kappakid
>>
>>386489838
Look at the bright side. That wont be an issue with Abigail.:^)
>>
>>386475707
>>386475360
>>386475452
There are things even worse than the faces
>>
>>386476861
>the best response anyone has to this is "r-reddit!" instead of refuting anything
>>
File: 1500225827433.png (2MB, 1278x717px) Image search: [Google]
1500225827433.png
2MB, 1278x717px
>>386490216
Good lord why is everything, so shit in MvC:I. Capcom must have used almost all their funds for MHW and RE7.
>>
>>386476861
this
>>
>>386485569
>1f BnBs
>bad

found the scrub
>>
>>386490151
>No comeback
This guy fucked you.
>>
File: 1500587329779.jpg (54KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
1500587329779.jpg
54KB, 500x510px
>>386490945
>>
>>386474892

The problem is Capcom. Capcom doesn't have it anymore. Arcsys is running circles around them and they have nothing left.
>>
File: 1459073202453.webm (2MB, 806x380px) Image search: [Google]
1459073202453.webm
2MB, 806x380px
So is the only reason /v/ randomly decided to defend capcom is because reddit finally started shitting on them?

It's okay to not be contrarian sometimes, guys.
>>
The game was doomed from the moment they decided to partner up with a platform holder that doesn't have a single high skill multiplayer action game under its belt.
>>
>>386476861
I'm probably gonna screenshot this for the nightly capcom defense force thread
>>
File: and suck my balls too.gif (2MB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
and suck my balls too.gif
2MB, 320x181px
I love the game, it brought me into the genre and now I appreciate fighting games for what they are.

I don't give one single solitary fuck about your 1f links, about your FADCs, about your SFII or SFIII, about your "depth", heavily opinionated quasi-objective arguments, not a single fuck about your standards on character diversity.

Capcom's goal was to bring in more casuals in the genre?
Mission fucking complete, with stellar marks, at least with his casual here.
They can be damn sure I'm gonna buy every next Street Fighter entry they shit out, and not only that, but definitely buy some other fighting game to invest my time into.

Is SFV good? I have no idea. Do I have fun with it? You bet your nostalgia faggot asses that I am.

Suck my fucking dick.
>>
>>386492765
The game wouldn't have even been made without Sony you retard
>>
>>386493298
Nice pasta, where'd you get it?
>>
>>386493759
Your mom's _________.

Place literally any word you want here, cunt, asshole, bellyflops, fatrolls, whatever you want anon.
>>
File: abigail size.webm (1014KB, 448x250px) Image search: [Google]
abigail size.webm
1014KB, 448x250px
>>386485029
>>386488826

You guys do realize his proportions were fucked in the trailer because Capcom used his V-trigger model in it instead of the default one, right?
>>
What are some character that every player platinum and above plays exactly the same? I'll start:

- URIEN
- Laura
- Zangief
>>
>>386494961
/v/ knowing what anything beyond gold is like
>>
File: IMG_4749.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4749.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>386494252
His proportions are still fucking weird my man
Just compare him to Hugo
>>
>>386494961
>- URIEN
what Urien style?
>>
>>386495035
>proportions
>video game where everyone has thighs, muscles and feet in retarded size levels

what the fuck is your point and more importantly who the fuck cares
>>
>>386474892

I think more variety would be good, with double v-system and double CAs. Maybe some EX v-skills and v-reversals to cover the lack of defensive options. Most complaints are about the inability of expressing yourself with your character, and that would help a little bit.
Rushing down with Guile would still be the better option though without some major changes in the base toolset of the whole roster.
>>
>>386495085
- Full screen ex charge
- Wake up ex headbutt
- Dash -> throw
- Spam HP
- The one Aegis reflector combo they all use
- Hiding behind the shield and firing fireballs when they fuck up that combo
>>
>>386493298
First fighting game i bothered to get good at and i unironically agree with a lot of this(went from Rookie to Ultra Diamond . Plan to buy DBZF later on for sure, and maybe Tekken. Only thing keeping me is that no one plays the game here
>>
>>386495446

>first fighting game I bothered to be good too
>can't get past super silver
>>
>>386493665
Maybe it shouldn't have been made at all, mate.
>>
>>386493298
no one gives a shit what you think scrub
>>
File: 1500267415602.png (16KB, 378x328px) Image search: [Google]
1500267415602.png
16KB, 378x328px
Lobby?
>>
>>386495602
im with you bro, 500 hours in I'm barely fucking gold

but i really wanna keep trying and doing something about it

dont give up anon
>>
>>386495184
>presented with evidence to counter his previous statement, anon is caught off guard
>in his embarassment anon has started lashing out and tries to end the discussion swiftly before things grow worse for himself
>>
>>386496029
I'm not even that guy but yeah, whatever, keep forcing your "muh analytics of argumentation, debate rules and standards of """intelligent""" discussion on a fucking image board"
>>
>>386495841
>expecting/v/ to actually play
>>
>>386495730
Bingo. The SFV was originally planned for 2018 before Sony stepped in and pushed for an earlier release with a heavy focus on eSports. It would have almost certainly turned out to be a better game if Capcom had stuck to their original schedule and had more time to work on the mechanics, the online infrastructure and extra modes.
>>
>>386497167
well it's also a capcom slamming thread so dunno why you'd ask here
>>
>>386483501
Do you people even play the game or just spout the same bullshit that you hear?
Everytime I hear somebody mention clearing survival I wanna punch them.
"Hey bro all chars are free! As long as you are willing to grind for 10 hours in the WORST singleplayer mode you've ever seen!"
Yeah, and even than you don't even have close to enough money for all chars, at this point you need 10 million FM to buy only the characters, no colors or stages or (buyable) costumes.
>>
>>386497187
And the graphics
>>
>>386497227
that's usually where we make lobbies
>>
>>386497187

People really loved the cool shit the reveal had, like that Chun downards kick that got into Marvel. The first betas were cool too, with every character feeling good.
They neutered the game beta after beta until release, that's why it's shallow.
>>
>>386480187
>main is Juri

feels bad man
>>
>>386489003
>le get out of jail free button xDD

2 meters != free.
Stop parroting what other people say and think for yourself for once, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>386497550
Shit sucks man
>>
>>386497448
The graphics are fine desu, at least it's not KoF XIV
>>
>>386498181
The backgrounds are nice, but the character models specifically the male character models and facial animations could be better
>>
lol they gave out a ranking major's worth of CPT points for a fucking online tournament

KAGEMUSHA THE BEST
>>
>>386497425

All right, retard, let's give you everything chewed up.
You get 22500 fight money with each character for doing their story mode, easy survival (ten rounds against the retarded AI) and their trials (only vol. 1, they recently added vol.2, for more fight money), and watching the character demo.
16 characters x 22500=360000
You also get 30000 for finishing the cinematic story mode on normal and 50000 on hard, 80000 in the end.
360000+80000=440000
Enough to buy 4 characters, leaving you with 40000. You'll also get 22500 fight money for those 4 characters you bought, adding 90000 to your wallet. With your 40000 left, you'll have 130000, enough to get another character and do his/her solo shit to get another 22500.
That's 5 characters right out of the gate.
Let's not forget you get 1000 for each character level up, which is pretty easy in the beginning, and there's at leat 6000 fight money missions every week.
>>
Now that Tekken 7 is out, I'm back to playing USFIV for my Street Fighter fix. I hope the Super Street Fighter V rumors are true because this is the only thing that will save the game, but I'm not too hopeful given how MvCI is turning out.

Capcom isn't interested in making a technical fighter with a varied skill ceiling, that want casual garbage that evens the playing field for shitters.
>>386497520
Accordingly to some insider, that may or may not be believed to be true, they were going to make it a technical game at first but one of the higher ups at Dimps wanted to dumb it down and make it more accessible.
>>
>>386498181
At least XIV has proportions
>>
>>386494961
Rog, no question
>>
>>386493298
I agree with this guy 100%. And I actually played Third Strike casually with a friend before getting SF5.
>>
>>386493298
>I dont give a fuck about your depth
Obviously, because you're playing SFV.
>>
>add universal parries
>remove crush counters, anti-air jabs, and 50/50 mixups
>increase combo variety
>increase game speed by 25%

There, I fixed the game.
>>
File: NeoGuevo.jpg (18KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
NeoGuevo.jpg
18KB, 208x250px
>>386497520
I wonder if all the bullshit going on with SFV and MvCI's development played a big role in Neo_G jumping ship to SNK. The man was directly responsible for most of Capcom's best fighters. His resume speaks for itself;

> Street Fighter Alpha 2
> Street Fighter III (all iterations)
> Darkstalkers 3
> Capcom Vs. SNK 1 and 2
> Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
> Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

He was one of the few designers left at Capcom that could have kept their fighting game division going.
>>
>>386493298
I agree with you, but you have to admit that shitty ass netcode is horrible.
i mean not getting a match in 40 minutes on a regular basis is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>386499492
i agree with everything besides the 50/50 mixups since those are unavoidable.
>>
>>386474892
Why does everyone, OP included, want SF5 to die? Does anyone have any idea what would happen to the FGC if it died?
>>
>>386499561

The netcode is great when it works. I can barely feel the lag.
But fuck me if the matchmaking isn't horrible. I live in south america, and played with an USA guy with 3 bars (I'm not saying it wasn't laggy), but when I try to play with a friend who lives 1 mile away from me, the server gives me a 1 bar relay connection. The game really doesn't mesh well with certain ISPs.
>>
>>386499128
No lies detected. The designs in XIV are fine, I'm just salty about the color palette and art direction looking so bland compared to XIII.

How's the population on PC by the way?
>>
>>386476861
This is retarded. Characters in SFV have unique play styles. You can't fucking tell me with a straight face that Birdie is going to go into a match with the same plan as a Balrog. That's blatantly false.
>>
>>386499492
>>add universal parries
Yeah, time to stop you right there, kiddo.

"Universal Parries" are not fucking good. If you are talking about Third Strike, it's not fucking good. Just go play Third Strike and try to anti-air DP someone. They will just parry you in the air and then punish you for trying to anti air them. Try to zone someone out with projectiles or long range moves. Parried and punished.

Parrying is not a good fucking mechanic.
>>
>>386499802
>FGC if it died
yeah, it would die.
most of us don't give a fuck about the fgc. what is the point of existing if the mere existence of the community is hold by one game that everyone plays solely for money.
>>
>>386499802
I do but who cares. Pros will just go to streaming for cash, all fighting games will be obscure (no more 2000+ entrants for SF or ESPN), and people will play whatever games they like. Who cares. I would have cared if SFV was good but the fact that everyone is reluctantly living with this shallow turd for money or because everyone in their scene is playing it makes me lose all sympathy. They put all of their investment with one company rather than the genre itself so they deserve to suffer the consequences. Again, this is only because the game is ass and so many people, even among the people that play it, agree that it's ass.
>>
>>386499802
I don't want it to die, I want Capcom to fucking pull its pants up go "I fucked up" and fix this shit
>>
>>386500487
I agree, but they won't. They designed the game to be volatile and dumb and they won't just go back on it. It's an unwinnable battle. If they cared they would have fixed everything for season 2.
>>
>>386474892

>remove AA jabs
>buff dedicated AA buttons, with more CC capabilities like air crush on SFxT
>faster walk speeds
>slower dashes

Too hard for them to bother
>more active frames in general
>>
>>386499887

Keep him in the corner and don't try to let the other guy out? The guy got out? Fish for Crush counter until it hits. It didn't hit? Fish for button that you can cancel into v-trigger. After that you use the move with the most corner carrying properties you have.

You now have your oponent in the corner. Space him out with your long reaching normarls and wait for him to do a stupid Neutral jump.

If you feel like it, start with a throw loop until he uses a v-reveral out of rage. Then throw him into the corner again with a back throw as soon as you can.

All the characters with the exception of Guile does this. Even god damn fang and Zangief doesn't want to play in the midle of the the stage.
>>
>>386495297
Ex tackle is negative now. A lot of characters have reversal options besides him. His aegis combos are highly varied though. People like li Joe, nemo, or rb will not have the same aegis set ups and actually discover newe dirty tricks every other day without relying on hiding behind it for fireballs.

They all do spam hp though cause its absolutely fucking absurd how good it is.
>>
File: PZG04wF.gif (3MB, 483x473px) Image search: [Google]
PZG04wF.gif
3MB, 483x473px
>>386474892
YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE FGC IF YOU DO NOT SUPPORT CAPCOM SFV/MVCI

YOU ARE SELF DEPRECIATING CANCER LIKE KAPPA

STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE, YOU PROBABLY DON'T EVEN PLAY FIGHTING GAMES
>>
>>386485575
implying she doesnt have one
>>
>>386500826

I'm not saying Capcom hate are undeserved, but it feels like more than half of those haters are meme haters.
>>
>>386500826
BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT CAPCOM
>>
>>386500952
I agree, but I gave the game a year of leeway to improve after launch. Then season 2 made the game even worse. I wanted to like this game just because it's SF and it has a lot of competition, which is good, but the gameplay is straight booty.
>>
>>386485575
>karin
>not decent

what bizzarro world is this
>>
>>386476861
>And it's not going to fix the currently existing and boring cast that all play the same.
They don't. Zangief, Birdie, and Balrog all have tremendously different playstyles. Characters are generally rushdown oriented, but it's match up dependent and even then characters don't play the same.

>suddenly fix the completely broken netcode
There's no guarantee the netcode will be the same. Netcode is awful though.

>It's not going to make everyone forget about the first two dumpster fire years of Capcom shitting on all criticism and letting John D run his mouth
You're a redditor who feels personally injured by Capcom employees being defensive on twitter.

>not because the games were fun to watch (because they weren't)
Many of them were fun to watch (Tokido vs FChamp and Tokido vs Itabashi especially).

>It's not going to make everyone forget that MvCI has no X-Men or Fantastic Four characters
Fox owns the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four and Marvel is trying to strangle the IP by keeping them out of the game. That's really not Capcom's fault.

The roster should obviously be bigger and have more unique stuff, but the mechanics seem substantially different and the game could be fun nonetheless, be reasonable.

SFXT would have been a good game after the 2013 patch if it didn't have the idiotic gem. Besides, there are plenty of very obvious differences.

>It's not going to make people forget that every top player says they don't think SFV is a good game and that the only reason it's played is for the money.
This is blatantly false. Expressing criticism is not the same as saying it's bad, and Tokido particularly thinks it's better than SFIV and 3S

>It's not going to make people ignore the hideous characters like pic related
No, but honestly she has costumes that cover her mouth and it's not the end of the fucking world

Go back to kappa. Stop your viral marketing war to kill games. If you don't like something, don't play it.
>>
>>386500826
>there are MULTIPLE people in this thread who agree with him
>>
File: Mahvel.jpg (37KB, 786x233px) Image search: [Google]
Mahvel.jpg
37KB, 786x233px
Leave PR to me
>>
>>386501237
Combofiend was a mistake
>>
>>386500826
Don't put words into James Chen's mouth. He is against people bitching and moaning instead of trying to improve. His favorite current gen fighter is Guilty Gear.
>>
>>386501237
Not like there's a huge X-Men movie franchise that released one of its best movies this year that's been running for almost two decades now or something
>>
>>386501203
>characters are generally rushdown oriented, but it's matchup dependent
Unless you're playing against grapplers, rushdown is almost always going to be the best choice, or at least a mix of rushdown and zoning depending on your character. Dedicated zoning and defensive neutral aren't viable in this game unless you're playing against 1 of the 2 or 3 matchups that allows it. It's only against matches against Gief, Birdie, and I guess Abigail (from what I've seen anyway, I quit playing at S2) that the pace and style of the game resembles an SF game to me.

The nature of the game was immediately clear to me when I saw what they did to Vega. No more solid mid ranged poking game, huge emphasis on aggression and pressure. Even his walkspeed is slower, but that's everybody. It's just the nature of the game. SFV is not a footsies game. Dash when they don't press button, Contest with a CC normal or jump when they are. No reactive whiff punishing or low risk gameplay. The methodical and reactive qualities of SF aren't even a factor anymore.
>>
>>386501203
>half the points you went with "I pretty much agree"
>multiple "go back to kappa"s
>DEFENDING FUCKING SFxT OF ALL THINGS

This is the best /v/ has to offer in defense of capcom in over 200 posts
>>
>>386501656
I liked SFxT enough, I didn't use any gems though
>>
>>386501464
You haven't watched his recent rant I see
>>
>>386478467
Chen said you're gossiping faggots who don't play games and just watch streams and talk about community personalities. He also said that killing Street Fighter will make the FGC borderline nonexistent outside of Smash.

He's about 70% right about the first part and 100% about the second. SFV is boring to watch, which is why kappa turned on it so quickly. 14 year old stream monsters who LARP as Guilty Gear players should not dictate opinion on fighting games.

As for the second part, like 95% of non Smash FGC majors are organized by Street Fighter players. Street Fighter is by far the most accessible fighting game, and should at least exist as a gateway into the community. The vast majority of people who pick up a game like Guilty Gear play the tutorials and waffle around in training mode until they give up, because if they go online and miss an anti-air they have to block setplay for twenty seconds until death. If you don't know how to play ST Ryu you don't know how to play fighting games, nothing else in the genre is as fundamental and intuitive.
>>
File: fighting game virgin.jpg (635KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fighting game virgin.jpg
635KB, 1920x1080px
Even if SFV sucks ass it managed to get people play their first fighting game even some wizards who possibly would have spent their whole life fapping to lolis if SFV wouldve been too difficult or complex.
>>
>>386501736
Any link?
>>
>>386502213
>make juri hot as hell, great tits too
>give her no ass
>make her kit utter shit

I'll never not be mad
>>
>>386502134
>you're
I'm not some r/kappa faggot though. I just gave the game a year to improve and found out they aren't going to make it into the game I want it to be. Which would be fine, but even the people that still play the game bitch about how much they hate it too.

And why is SFV boring to watch? Wasn't everything in the game designed for artificial hype? Big crush counter damage and corner carry, high stun values, hilariously big comeback factor for everyone in the game thanks to v-trigger activations being retarded. I mean why does r/kappa even hate it besides the game being bad to play? Fill me in here.
>>
File: 1404255083679.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1404255083679.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>386501724
>tfw nobody likes sfxt
>i liked it
>nobody ever wants to play it with me even though they have it
>probably couldn't anyway since it uses gfwl still
>>
>>386474892

put every SF character in one game

why not
>>
>>386502434
>>386501724
SFxT could have been the second coming of third strike, locking HALF OF THE ENTIRE FUCKING ROSTER as ON DISC DLC should never EVER be something anyone supports, not even including the gem shit
>>
>>386502434
I liked it too man. I even went to texas showdown to play it. The game actually rewarded you for playing patiently, unlike SFV where I feel like someone behind me is holding me at gunpoint and telling me to dash and jump.
>>
>>386502375
>give her no ass
Are we playing the same game?
>>
>>386499848
>How's the population on PC by the way?
Hahahahahahaha
>>
File: 20170707200950_1.jpg (515KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170707200950_1.jpg
515KB, 2560x1440px
>>386502375
>no ass

I dunno dude she surely cant compete with Chun-Li or Mika but its not like she has no ass at all
>>
>>386474892
Its core gameplay foundation is rotten. Character movelist is garbage. Netcode sucks. Has inexplicable lag. User interface is atrocious. Game is only about abusing crush counter, no other meta works

SF4, as flawed as it was, is leaps and bounds better
>>
>>386502434

>Can't into Tekken
>Julia is mai waifu
>Isn't even on Tekken 7 to motivate me
>>
>>386502780
>you'll never have your face forcefully buried into that
Life just isn't worth living sometimes
>>
I missed the days of just watching random inhouse sets of SF4 or being excited for WNFs
>>
>>386502580
Oh no, I agree on the DLC thing for sure, that was just atrocious
Fun fact: the vita version got all the dlc for free, but you STILL have to pay for the dlc in the ps3 version (and I can only assume the same for other versions)
>>
>>386502780
>>386502375
I waited for this stupid cunt and they gut her, got damn it man.

I'd be interested to try Kolin or Ed but this game is just not interesting to play overall and I've hopped over to learning Tekken which is fun
>>
>>386503338
Just wait, they'll do the same to Sagat and Sakura too. Especially Sagat. They wont let zoning that good in SFV. He'll get Adon's jaguar kick or some shit instead.
>>
https://youtu.be/moZZC4fqcGI?t=35m2s
>>
>>386502780
can't find the picture here but her intro is basically the only flattering angle of it
>>
>>386501656
SFxT was greatly improved in the 2013 patch and wound up a considerably better game than SFIV. A lot of the Tekken cast had neat movesets too. Gems were awful, though.

A fair amount of what he said isn't wrong, but every Street Fighter has had flaws. SFV is much better than SFIV or SF3 at a similar stage in their life cycles.

>>386501645
You're right that it's too easy to get in in SFV, largely because of CC in neutral, the range of normals, and the strength of dash ins.

You're basically wrong if you think anime fighters scratch the footsie itch SFV doesn't, though. Blazblue has a fair number of neutral heavy match ups, UNIEL has fewer, and GG has only a handful.

If SFV
-removed crush counters long enough to be used in neutral
-made V reversals stronger
-made dash ins slightly slower
-made normal recovery slightly longer (in addition to increasing hit and block stun ofc)
and
-made the netcode less awful
it would be a good game. All of that is totally possible if they're releasing a new iteration, and trying to be constructive is better than trying to make Capcom give up on fighting games, which could potentially kill the tournament aspect of the FGC.
>>
>>386503475
>He'll only have the lower tiger shot
>with ken's hadouken speed
>>
>>386501464
>His favorite current gen fighter is Guilty Gear
Ah the old my favorite game is Guilty Gear but I will never play it meme
>>
>>386503593
>you're basically wrong if you think anime fighters scratch the footsie itch SFV doesn't, GG only has a handful
You're somewhat right, but GG also scratches the execution itch SFV doesn't for me. I'm really not hard person to please, man. I just want one single aspect of the game that I can enjoy and focus on and I seriously couldn't find one in SFV. Footsies are ass, no execution for me to work on, no really complex characters for me to work with, it's just basic as fuck and unrewarding as a time investment. Especially since I don't have a local scene to go to. Why play SFV if I'm looking for a deep and technical game, especially if I'm just playing online all the time anyway?
>>
SFV is garbage, say what you want about airdasher weaboos but at least those games are good
>>
>>386503475
You jest, but judging by how they're treating fireballs in MVC:I, that's entirely possible

They hate fireballs now
>>
>>386502405
>And why is SFV boring to watch?
Lack of combo variety or difficulty

Weak neutral game relative to SFIV which leads to less tense matches. Watching guys get shimmied or counter hit to death in the corner isn't that fun.

>>386503657
Chen plays GG on stream a lot and sets up beginners lobbies for it. He's been a Guilty Gear player for over half a decade.

In fact, he hasn't played SFV in like four months, he's just been playing Rev 2 and Tekken. He's not a Capcom drone, he genuinely believes the fighting game tournament scene will become much, much smaller outside of Smash if everybody gives up on Street Fighter.

He resents kappa because he sees them as people who pretend to play Guilty Gear on the internet while spending all of their time shitting on games they don't like on the internet.
>>
>>386504105
I still don't think they themselves hate fireballs, I think it's a decision they made towards appeasing spectators. I mean, did you see how much injustice viewers dropped out because of the zoning in those games? Still though, gutting the fireball game in SF, something that has been around since the 2 series, is something I can't forgive. I feel like they sold out. Also before someone brings up 3S, that game can fuck off too.
>>
It took SFIV almost 8 years to go from trash to decent so yeah just give it another decade anon.
>>
File: snapshot20090213194038.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20090213194038.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>386503475
>They wont let zoning that good in SFV. He'll get Adon's jaguar kick or some shit instead.

Or, make him op as fuck for 0,5 seasons. Then replace Tiger Shot with Tiger POMF. I can see his low fireball right now.

=3 =3 =3 =3 =3
>>
>>386504345
Yeah but a lot of people like the weak neutral and the lack of combo variety and difficulty because it leads to more situations where people get hit. You can't react to shit, foward dashes are too fast with the input lag and crush counter normals can beat you for trying to preemptively check those dashes. It's extremely volatile and you would think that would make the game more exciting for spectators seeing people get slapped around.

At least I think that was the decision process that resulted into the game that we got. I hope people really think that the game is boring to watch because that might make Capcom actually improve the game, and I don't think they'll do it for the sake of the players. It's a shame.
>>
File: IMG_4666.jpg (45KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4666.jpg
45KB, 704x396px
>>386504345
>He's been a Guilty Gear player for over half a decade.
>tfw this made me realize 2012 was five years ago
>>
>>386504662
I would love to see OP ST O. Sagat fuck everyone up with fireball spam. That's exactly what SFV needs right now.
>>
>>386504626
More like 2 years as soon as they released SSF4
>>
>>386504943
this, SSF4 was the best edition before ultra. Too bad AE came out and fucked everything up again.
>>
File: listen.jpg (30KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
listen.jpg
30KB, 442x341px
>>386497187
>The SFV was originally planned for 2018 before Sony stepped in
The Capcom producer who made the 2018 comment was joking about the fact that each numbered SF took longer to be released than the last.
>SF - SF2 = 3 years
>SF2 - SF3 = 6 years
>SF3 - SF4 = 9 years
So by that logic the earliest they could release SFV would be in 2018, 10 years after SF4. They didn't say anything about Sony, nor did they even confirm or deny whether the game was being made at that time. Nobody knows what effect (if any) Sony had on SFV's release schedule.
>>
>>386504732
>fireball spam
lol
>>
>>386504665
>It's extremely volatile and you would think that would make the game more exciting for spectators seeing people get slapped around.
Nah

Fighting games are most tense when players are struggling for openings. If a game's all blow ups the game isn't that fun to watch.

>>386504724
I just know he was promoting it a long time ago.

I don't know when he started playing it, I got into fighting games early in SFIV's life cycle. He's been into Guilty Gear as long as I've known his name.
>>
>>386505132
if you use your aegis reflector to reflect fireballs you probably already lost.
>>
>>386504461
Its definitely a spectator thing. Even at the mid life of 4 people were shitting about how boring it was to see e ryu, sagat, role to, and rose just throwing fireballs for half the match before scrambling for set ups the other half. It was a really popular thing to do back then even before Elena was tbe hot meme
>>
>>386505168
I mean I'm agreeing with you as a player but I just don't think Capcom or most of the SFV stream monsters do. SFV is boring as fuck compared to the high level footsie games we got in the 4 series, even among the really stupid characters.
>>
File: Skeptical_.jpg (52KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
Skeptical_.jpg
52KB, 780x585px
>>386505032
>joking
>>
>>386505352
>but I just don't think Capcom or most of the SFV stream monsters do
Tournament viewership fell off a cliff in the first year of SFV. Evo was good, and Season 2 has generally been less boring to watch for some reason I can't honestly peg down, but general consensus is definitely that the game is more boring to spectate.
>>
>>386505659
Thank fuck. If there's any justice in the world Capcom will fix the game then. Still doubtful though and if the game were to die instead I wouldn't shed any tears for the FGC or the game.
>>
File: 1489895426462.gif (143KB, 545x524px) Image search: [Google]
1489895426462.gif
143KB, 545x524px
>>386476861
saved
>>
File: 1462936917025.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1462936917025.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>386476861
This. Also, always remember that Capcom.sys was a thing. They literally put a fucking rootkit on peoples' comps. After that they lost all sympathy from me.
>>
>>386505440
Google it, the guy literally laughed when he said it.
>>
File: 1494135451686.jpg (245KB, 600x727px) Image search: [Google]
1494135451686.jpg
245KB, 600x727px
Daily reminder that SFV will never die as long as there is money involved.
>>
>>386506349

The worst offender is that they wasted time on it just to make people stop using the 1 round survival mode to get easy fight money instead of using their time fixing the fuckimg game.
>>
>SFV
>(most) pro players hate the game, openly talk shit about it

>tekken 7
>(some) pro players are critical of some changes but seem like game overall
>>
>>386507321
SFV is coined as Job Fighter in Japan for a reason
>>
>>386503549

most educated post in this thread right here
>>
>>386506864
But is that a good thing? An entire community for a game where half the players don't even like their game? I think that's at the heart of the moral debate.
>>
>>386506864
The problem is that fighting games are now irreversibly tied into e-sports, whether we like it or not. Capcom is gonna keep shoving shit in our faces because they're pandering to casuals and because doing so keeps the money flowing.
>>
File: 1495787856443.png (1MB, 600x611px) Image search: [Google]
1495787856443.png
1MB, 600x611px
>Assuming Capcom still gives a flying fuck about their IPs anymore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDf3FZAFEtc
>>
File: Swimsuit Warzard.png (404KB, 750x800px) Image search: [Google]
Swimsuit Warzard.png
404KB, 750x800px
>>386487172
Even Abigail? How on Red Earth are you gonna do that?!
>>
>>386508468
Fighting games aren't though. Only SFV, and I bet it would be able to maintain a small grassroots scene. Not as well as SFIV, but it still has the potential for it.
>>
>>386501656
>DEFENDING FUCKING SFxT OF ALL THINGS

SFxT would have lived for at least another year if Mr. Wizard didn't make the Evo tournament that year 2v2.
>>
>>386509494
Wouldn't it have been funny if SFxT had a pro tour and players didn't have USF4 to go back to? We would be in exactly the same situation as we're in right now.
>>
It'll be fine when they release Super Street Fighter V, r-right?
>>
>>386509214
Dimorphic extremes. Turn Abigail into a tiny loli who still has super strength, grappling and gatlings.
>>
>>386509694
I don't know about "fine" but if it's how it sounds it'll be better
>>
>Faggots still meme spouting that SFV is bad
>It was the most played and viewed game at EVO
Why don't you faggots say why do yo think its bad and how would you fix it? All these vague as fuck post don't even make sense other than reading an angry kid that can't even do combos even when they added an input buffer into the game.
>>
File: 1481077035309.jpg (11KB, 260x282px) Image search: [Google]
1481077035309.jpg
11KB, 260x282px
>>386496194
>>386495184
>guys we're on the internet why do you care about an argument

because we're on a video game discussion board
if you dont wanna talk vidya, get off the board and go back to fucking your little brother in the ass
>>
The core of SFV is honestly better than the core of SFIV.
People parrot that the core of the game is the problem because that's what they hear, but it's actually pretty solid.
The problems come from things around the core, like crush counter, lack of defensive options, etc. none of which can't be changed or fixed with future updates.
The game is not in the best place right now but it has a lot of potential.
That's why I hope they introduce interesting things in SSFV that "fix" the game. It's not like they haven't done it before, look at SF4 and SF3.
>>
>>386510453
Don't even bother man, just give up trying to talk about SFV here. Leave these fags to their circlejerk. They aren't worth the time or the energy. Keep enjoying the fighting games of your choice instead.
>>
File: IMG_4758.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4758.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>386509214
Boom
>>
File: 1484989769448s.jpg (2KB, 125x97px) Image search: [Google]
1484989769448s.jpg
2KB, 125x97px
>>386510453
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/84927/street-fighter-v/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/16065/street-fighter-iv/
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/street-fighter-iv
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/street-fighter-v

Yeah man, we're a bunch of faggots for wanting a competent fighting game from Capcom and not directly taking it up the ass from them.

I'd fix it by scratching the mechanics and go for a custom Super, maybe adding a Turbo mode; maybe adding a fucking arcade mode.
Literally anything, because as far as I'm concerned this game is shittier than SFxTekken.
>>
>>386511234
>Muh sales
So, how many years have been sfiv around vs v?
>Muh non-argument
So you can't really say what exactly mechanic is bad because you probably don't know the game at all to actually discuss it?
Ok, opinion discarded.
>>
>>386511416
No arcade mode 5/10.
>>
>>386511490
That's not a game mechanic, that's a game mode.
Opinion discarded twice.
>>
>>386511637
That's not me and I was fucking with you.
>>
File: 5F79D-shove.jpg (3KB, 128x90px) Image search: [Google]
5F79D-shove.jpg
3KB, 128x90px
>>386511637
shit man we need to impress you

fuck everybody get on that.
impress the capcbro
>>
File: quimica.jpg (74KB, 320x454px) Image search: [Google]
quimica.jpg
74KB, 320x454px
>>386511490
>Buying a fighting game to play alone
>>386511696
So you're just pretending to be retarded? Extraordinary post anon.
>>
>>386511776
More like pointing out every written review for SFV, so calm your tits.
>>
>>386511732
You don't need to impress anyone, you need to prove you know what you're talking about so you don't look retarded when posting
>>
>>386511938
you're defending sfv

you accomplished looking retarded already
>>
File: 1391040516593.jpg (36KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
1391040516593.jpg
36KB, 353x334px
>>386510453
>most popular fighting game series is the most played and viewed game at EVO
>fighting game series with the most money poured into it by its creators is the most played and viewed game at EVO
>>
>>386512015
Nice plebbit spacing, also what you're posting is know as ad-hominem, aka, not an argument, so, keep trying, one day you may be able to post a coherent post.
>>386512051
Yeah, just like nintendo is pouring money at melee right?... Oh wait
>>
>>386488287
>Monster Hunter
You poor soul, he's dlc
>>
File: 1475181773788.jpg (6KB, 202x202px) Image search: [Google]
1475181773788.jpg
6KB, 202x202px
>>386512147
>plebbit

jesus christ

THIS GUY IS REAL
holy shit
>>
>>386512147
>Yeah, just like nintendo is pouring money at melee right

Uh no, Nintendo isn't doing that... Nintendo actually tried to drown out Melee from EVO until it became convenient for them to sponsor EVO for Sm4sh advertisement and a space at the event. Are you feeling okay anon?
>>
>>386499534
Neo_G was pretty low on the totem pole for all those games. He wasn't the main director for any of them.
>>
I find SFV just fine though.
>>
>>386512351
SHIT GUYS SO REAL RIGHT!? XDDDD!!!!oneonenoe!
>>386512356
That's the point you idiot, your reading comprehension must be pretty low, that anon is claiming SFV is popular because money is poured into adverstising, while melee has been always a close second/third place in view/play count even without any money being put into it, making is statement null.
>>
>>386474892
Nothing about the game is any good save the graphics and music (even then some tracks were better in past games). Controls are fine if you like everyone sith similar movesets. Story is fine if you're a potato. Online is fine after about a mother fucking YEAR. Character choice is fine if this is your first video game ever. Art is fine if you like EVERY female with thick thighs and big ol' titties regardless of what they looked like in previous games. Online community is fine if you jack off to youtubers, e-sports faggots, Fight Club self-fellatiors, and/or 5-year-olds. Core gameplay is fine if your idea of a successful date is shoving your dick inside the drain hole of a backward pool and getting stuck.

Street Fighter V would've had a better chance had it been programmed and controlled by Incredible Technologies, the fine fine folks behind Street Fighter The Movie The Arcade Game.
Hell, if Capcom had retained Takashi Tsukamoto (http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/by_genre/developerId,186738/) as the mother fucking DIRECTOR of the game rather than the shitfaced no-talent hack Takayuki Nakayama, a man whose credits include:
Devil May Cry: HD Collection: Interface Design,
Devil May Cry 2: Interface Design,
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia: Graphic Design,
Way of the Samurai 2: Motion Actor,
SoulCalibur: Motion Capture Actors
...Then the game MIGHT have had a chance. MIGHT.

Now? The only thing Capcom and Ono can do to salvage the legacy of their latest flagship moneymaking series they're hell bent on sinking like the Akagi at Midway is to start from scratch and release a Super version that has been rebuilt from the very first line of code, or to just say "Sore o seikō" and haul Takashi Tsukamoto or Incredible Technologies to make Street Fighter VI.

Which would then be shoved onto phones just like Breath of Fire 6 and made into a Pay-to-Play green flying monkey shitfest.
>>
>>386512426
So do a lot of people.
Kappa is honestly a loud minority that leaks a lot into other places.
Doesn't mean the game doesn't have problems.
>>
>>386509629
Even SFxT had more diverse gameplay than SF5.
>>
>>386474892
there's a few ways I think.

one is to allow us to mod the game so we can fix it for them.

the other is for them to fire the jews that they hired that thought paying themselves millions in bonuses and out sourcing sf5 and mvci was a good idea.
>>
>>386499802
>Does anyone have any idea what would happen to the FGC if it died?
It would die. And I would be glad.
>>
>>386512532
>Which would then be shoved onto phones just like Breath of Fire 6
Which is also going to die soon.
>>
File: smug_cat.jpg (29KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
smug_cat.jpg
29KB, 400x558px
>>386512579
I love that delicious butthurt smell that you get when you decimate kids who can't even post a single valid point after several posts, deligful
>>
>>386512530
> that anon is claiming SFV is popular because money is poured into adverstising
Yeah because it is.

>while melee has been always a close second/third place in view/play count even without any money being put into it, making is statement null
That doesn't make the statement null, it means that the two things are different.

Nice false dichotomy though.
>>
>>386512651
>one is to allow us to mod the game so we can fix it for them
Some people unironically believe that anyone can make or balance a game.
Cannot be made up.
>>
>>386512713
>>
File: 1462054132448s.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1462054132448s.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
>>386512770
I love that delicious butthurt smell that you get when you decimate kids who can't even post a single valid point after several posts, deligful

deligful

deligful
>>
I wouldn't have the first idea how to change the game to improve it other than giving Gief 50 more health.
>>
>>386512845
>the two things are different.
How? Unless you can explain how those 2 fighting games played in a fighting tournament are a non-comparable thing you don't have an argument.
SFV isn't popular because of money, its because its a good game and you can't deal with it.
>>
File: 1491183651612.jpg (73KB, 767x788px) Image search: [Google]
1491183651612.jpg
73KB, 767x788px
>>386513017
>how is Smash Brothers different than Street Fighter
>how is a corporate run community different than a grassroots community
>people this stupid exist around me right now and I gave them a shred of attention and validation by replying to them
>>
>>386513017
>SFV isn't popular

Well, you got that part right, at least.
>>
>>386513273
>Corporate run community
So, they pushed people to go play at EVO?
They paid people to go play at EVO?
Did Ono put a gun to everyone's head who played SFV?
I don't understand why would you say such thing without any sort of proof
>>
>>386512532
I would be ok with the art if they'd just shrink people's feet down to something proportional to their bodies.
If the game's meant to cater to footfags, I mean, whatever, but if it's not, it's absurd and needs to stop. It's hard to even play someone like Ryu or Akuma when watch the screen and the fucking things are like entirely seperate characters. It's like some herbert west shit happened.
>>
>>386510986
>>
The only good thing about SFV is that at least it is not as terrible as Tekken 7, which is pretty sad.

All upcoming fighters suck ass.
>>
>>386513017
The difference between the two games is:
1. While people cannot agree as to whether Melee is a "fighting game", MOST people can agree that the game is fun to play even 16 years after release.

2. No-one can agree on Street Fighter V being a good, competent, and/or well-crafted game 1 year after release

3. Melee's player community consists of enthusiasts and fans with Nintendo having 0 input on or profit from the game being played in open/online tournaments

4. V's player community consists of corporate-paid, operated, and advertised shills - be they employees of Capcom or simply paid by Capcom to play the game online or in tournaments to advertise the game in the pursuit of greater sales/profit.

>SFV isn't popular
Then again, there might just be hope for you yet.
>>
>>386513750
>what is DBFZ
>>
>>386512853
hello capcbro shill.

are you angry that we can do a better job than you?
>>
File: not_a_cent_before.jpg (279KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
not_a_cent_before.jpg
279KB, 800x540px
>>386474892
>Is SFV even salvageable at this point?
Only if:

- the open up the combo system (*remove chain combos for every except Special Ed etc.)
- add AT LEAST another critical art per char. (would likely need two each, given Akuma and Ryu {to an extent} already have two)
- make V-Trigger better for the have-boys
- perhaps add more V-Trigger options / abilities
- reduce V-Reversal start-up (it's locked behind meter, so should work almost every time)
- remove "magic pixels"
- remove "guts" (scaling can stay, but only as part of combos / proratively)
- provide control scheme option for "pro" input commands (no leniency / alternate inputs)
- tweak chars. like Ryu (overall better) l, Gief (give back double-duplex, give him an anti-air CA and fix his shitty counter) and Kolin (a command grab, can air straight from any launcher, another special... perhaps make her V-Trigger escape a meterless move)
- pad the game out with arcade, co-op (dramatic battles) or tag and remove the FM scam for char. unlocking
- FIX THE FUCKING ATROCIOUS ROSTER!!!! (pic related)

>tl;dr
It can be, but will not be--because of Crapcom
>>
>>386512946
More defensive tools to counter the extreme rushdown focus.
Make V-Reversals better (and not have half of them only make the defender vulnerable), perhaps even add in shit like a V-Burst to try and escape a killer combo at the cost of your V-Meter, Just Guard to get frame advantage, Pushblocking at the cost of EX Meter to interrupt a blockstring, something.

More combo flexibility so it isn't so fucking routine and you're seeing more than two combos from each character. This would serve to make combos more flashy and appealing to an audience, and maybe even easier for players as you aren't just going to grind until you've mastered a single optimal combo.
>>
>>386514262
>fix the roster
>skully in the related pic
Rest of post in the trash. You need to go back.
>>
>>386513812
>1
SFV hasn't been out that long, so you can't say SFV isn't fun to play after 16 years, this point is retarded
>2
That's just your opinion, plenty of anons here and on the vg threads like and play the game, anecdotal evidence isn't evidence
>3,4
But melee has "shills" that advertise the game and play to earn money/profits too
https://www.esportsearnings.com/games/204-super-smash-bros-melee/top-teams
>>
>>386476861
>It's not going to make everyone forget that the EVO 2k17 grand finals were hype because Punk was a poor 18 year old black kid that was going to be America's first SF champion or Tokido was finally going to get his title he's worked years for, not because the games were fun to watch (because they weren't)

Shut the hell up. SF5's top 8 was good and fun. All the matches aside Punk's not Winners/Grand Finals were interesting and fun.
>>
>>386514262
>Hugo
>Sodom
>Gouken
>Skullomania
>Poison
>Sagat
Good pics my dude. I like it. Arika owns some of those, and they're probably gonna make a better game honestly.

I'd add Mike Haggar. Because WHY THE FUCK HASN'T HE BEEN PLAYABLE YET.
And Q. I need Q.
SFV Sucks so bad, yet it has Nash and Alex in one game.

>>386514304
I hate the combo system so much. Fuck. WHY DOES IT FEEL SO JANKY.
>>
File: sf3_vs_sfv_.jpg (142KB, 800x468px) Image search: [Google]
sf3_vs_sfv_.jpg
142KB, 800x468px
>>386514353
>I don't like something
=>
>nobody can it

Dumbfian 3.14-D chess, indeed...
>>
>>386510453
>popularity=quality
every time. did you just get back from Jack and Jill 2, anon?
>>
>>386514362
>1
How many fighting games are enjoyed by masses and played on a competitive level after 16+ years that ISN'T Street Fighter - one of the (if not THE) most popular fighting game series in the history of the genre? Especially one that is played on a Nintendo system exclusively?
>2
Re-read the thread. Do you see any agreement here that isn't resoundingly negative towards SFV? No? There's a reason for that: The game is ass, not because "trolls" or "memes".
>3,4
Money they made on their own prerogative, not because Capcom set everything up for them on company-sponsored events. I feel sorry for a poor sheep like you.
>>
>>386510801
>all of the system mechanics are the problem
>the core of the game isn't the problem
really activates my almonds
>>
>>386512562
I know, I even kind of liked sfxt. It was just okay. I actually have pretty low standards for fighting games and even then Dash Jump CC baby combo V managed to be bad enough for me to quit it.
>>
>>386490945
MVC:I is pretty much Disney chimping out to get a game out for Infinity War release or they'll take Capcom's licensing rights away.
>>
>>386513938
You tell me what it is, I wouldn't know yet. Please give a list of all the upcoming gameplay mechanics and features it will have so that we can tell if it has promise or not.
>>
>>386513750
>talking shit about Arika's new EX game
>>
>>386498921
You're kidding yourself if you don't think getting fight money is a major grind
>>
>>386515360
I owned EX for PSX and while it was fun as a kid, I don't think the mechanics had any competitive potential. I don't think it even had tournies back then, I wouldn't know.
>>
File: fang_cancer.jpg (92KB, 624x335px) Image search: [Google]
fang_cancer.jpg
92KB, 624x335px
>>386514674
You come across as old school, onan (...?), which is probably why the combo system / gameplay and roster mean something to you / us.

You can pick a millennial scrub a mile off, because all they want are more clownfits and up-chuck char. additions, as well as shilling for the game's Wiisy game mechanics (if they even mention the latter).

>Haggar -- absolutely... the fact shitty Cody has been in two games, without Haggar getting one, is a shamefur display by crapclowns
>Q -- meh for mine... but the more , the merrier... and ANY char. is more deservëd of F.A.N.G.'s slot than said shit turd

Sadly, none of this could happen before an "Ultra" version happens... which would only come after Super... preceding Champion Edition (i.e., never).
>>
>>386509903
like the sumo Practitioner from KOF?
>>
File: 1480388913417.png (53KB, 501x414px) Image search: [Google]
1480388913417.png
53KB, 501x414px
>Mfw Fei Long comes back.
>Rekka is V-Trigger only.
>>
>>386509903
Care to try and draw?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>386515606
I take my combo systems to Third Strike generally. I like flexibility and parries. They make adaptive parts of gameplay. I feel a fighting game is just when you are not guaranteed a loss.
I like it when games allow skill over system. Cancels, actual proper hit detection all matter when it comes to it, because it should feel like you're in control.
SFV feels like I'm playing Final Fantasy. I'm selecting prompts with irregular inputs, and then watching them fuck up because I can't adapt to the scenario.
I think if SFV wan't to succeed they need to focus on fixing the core mechanics entirely. SFIV leaned on Alpha 2. Maybe SFV should lean on Third Strike.
I do agree F.A.N.G is a piece of shit though, also they fucked up my man Alex. I don't think he's fantastic for 3rd Strike competitively, but at least he was fun. Now he shits all over his legacy.
Cody was a weird addition to be honest. Not sure why they brought him back over Sodom or anyone else from Alpha.
>>
File: 24662707.jpg (86KB, 550x778px) Image search: [Google]
24662707.jpg
86KB, 550x778px
LOBBY FOR SFV

Ft2, Char sel On, Pass 1212
I'll change it if it gets full.
Region NA mex
CFN: Nictografo

I'm still trying to learn the stick so please bear with me.
>>
File: 1380581797537.png (26KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1380581797537.png
26KB, 256x256px
>>386515925
>mfw Sagat comes back and loses all but one of his fireball variations but gets adon's special moves
>mfw Sakura comes back and just gets another simple v-trigger that everyone cancels off of CC normals for frame advantage or hitconfirms
>mfw Zeku is Guy but run cancels are simplified to be like Ken's so everyone can do them with no effort
>mfw Menat is Rose but doesn't have any of her good pokes and her v-trigger is as braindead as Soul Satellite
>mfw Blanka is added to the game but is changed into a motion character to be more offensive and people defend it because "he was always meant to be this way" .ala Claw
>mfw C.Viper is added to the game but seismo cancels are v-trigger exclusive and have a huge buffer window so anyone can do them with no practice
>mfw Gen is added to the game and doesn't have stances or piano inputs anymore
>mfw Rolento is added to the game and his v-trigger uses his grenades, while being fun to play

I dunno, is there really any hope for this game?
>>
>all these suggestions to improve characters
>not one recommending major buffs for Juri
>>
>>386516501
SOMEBODY PLEASE...
>>
>>386516597
She's done senpai
>>
>>386517121
what do you mean by done?
>>
>>386490216
> this is not my beautiful wife
>>
>>386474892
all they have to do is un-stub the normals
>>
>>386516501
LOBBY FOR SFV
>LOBBY FOR SFV
LOBBY FOR SFV
>>
>>386516528
There is literally nothing wrong with making gameplay more accessible. Needlessly specific inputs/timing does nothing but drive people away from playing characters they might otherwise enjoy.
>>
>>386516501
is it still up?
>>
>>386517667
yes
>>
>>386514031
upvoted
>>
>>386517604
>there is literally nothing wrong with making gameplay more accessible
And for those of us that like grinding difficult combos? A lot of people play fighting games for the reward you get from your time investment.
>>
>>386518020

So? You can invest that time into actually getting good instead
>>
>>386515058
But those are mechanics that are easily changeable, hence not core mechanics.
>>
>>386506949
I want to say I'm surprised they tried to do something that's incredibly immoral and a huge security risk (reminds me of the early-2000's Sony DRM days), but I'm not.

They've shown time and time again that they won't listen to or care about the opinions of their players. If you'd rather actively harm/infect the PCs of your PAYING CUSTOMERS than adjust the flow of a shitty fight-money system, you've got serious management issues.
>>
>>386516464
cody? what? SFV?
>>
>>386516501
LOBBY FOR SFV
>LOBBY FOR SFV
LOBBY FOR SFV
>>
>>386516528
I bet you couldn't pull off half this shit and are offended because they "robbed you of the chance to keep trying" like some fucking autist.
>>
>>386487172
Cheers to that.
>>
>>386518057
Why would I invest time so I can go to competitions for a franchise I'm not having fun with anymore because they decided to alienate fighting game enthusiasts to potentially pull in more csgo hearthstone-watching babies?

Honestly, SFV feels like a betrayal. I'm just going to play other games and endlessly talk shit about it. There's not really much else I can do but this is probably best. The fact that people like Chen are so assblasted that people are rightfully mad at this game is only proof.
>>
>>386518101
wtf, ive been out of the loop for a while. if I reinstalled windows since, can the file still be there?
>>
>>386518507
>couldn't pull off half this shit
This would require them to actually play fighting games, anon.
>>
>>386518507
Yeah, you caught me. I'm mad at SFV because I like to practice stuff but I can never actually do anything. Even called me an autist. Nice. You must really bring the thuggery to your SFV scene.
>>
>>386518641
Do a search for capcom.sys, I recall it was no longer included in new installs but computers that had the file needed it to be manually removed.

I haven't reinstalled since that happened.
>>
>>386518020
Grind the fundamentals.
That's the bottom line with SFV. Losers who thought they were good because they could imput Raging Demon 80% of the time, but were shit at fucking blocking, baiting, cross-ups, etc.

Combos don't matter in SFV, interaction with the opponent does, and autists can't stand that.
>>
>>386518636
Nice blogpost.
>>
>>386476861
How will Capcom ever recover from this post?
>>
>>386518849
interaction matters in every fighting game. Just because other fighting games have option selects and difficult combos and reward people that practice, you're going to say that SFV is some intellectual mindgame? Come on, now.

Not like anyone has to grind SFV "fundamentals" either. Everyone is on the same competent level because all you have to do is throw out some CC or bufferable normals and dash/jump sometimes depending on what you guess your opponent is doing. And the stand heavy normal into v-trigger and pressure, hitconfirm, or throw opponents reversal fundamental. Forgot that high IQ play too. For all the flak option selects get (and I don't care either way about them either, mind you. I just accept them as part of the genre), that's one of the most retarded OSes I've ever seen in a fighting game. Seriously. But it potentially leads into big damage, corner carry, and stun so retards get hype for it. This game is a cancer on the genre.
>>
>>386519136
Yeah, the reddit spacing is really the icing on the cake.
>>
>>386519195
>Everyone is on the same competent level
https://twitter.com/jiyunajp/status/716556194605740032?lang=en
You really have made me think.
Could it be that you post without knowing what you're talking about?
>>
File: 1481081976655.jpg (135KB, 768x627px) Image search: [Google]
1481081976655.jpg
135KB, 768x627px
>>386519214
nice argument
>>
>>386519297
Unlike the solid arguments shown in the post.
:^)
>>
>>386519293
Fuck Daigo. Are you the type to just accept whatever some famous player or person tells you? I can find a ton of twitter posts from other pros that perform just as well as Daigo in SFV that say the game is trash. What a lazy rebuttal.
>>
>>386519293
>citing a washed up shill like Daigo
>April 3rd, 2016
You have to be a Capcom employee or some shit
>>
File: CzLgEzRWgAAiUu-.jpg (21KB, 410x440px) Image search: [Google]
CzLgEzRWgAAiUu-.jpg
21KB, 410x440px
>>386519394
>still doesn't present an argument

nice
>>
>>386519519
Jesus christ I didn't even notice the date. Anon BTFO.
>>
>>386519483
>I can find a ton of twitter posts from other pros that perform just as well as Daigo in SFV that say the game is trash
Go ahead

>>386519519
>>386519638
How does the date affect anything?
>>
File: 1466336155293.png (370KB, 561x521px) Image search: [Google]
1466336155293.png
370KB, 561x521px
>>386519683
>How does the date affect anything?

how do you function
>>
>>386519773
You sure showed me.
>>
File: DF9qL8EUIAA_g00[1].jpg (119KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DF9qL8EUIAA_g00[1].jpg
119KB, 795x1200px
Is the lobby still up?
>>
I could understand shitting on sfv for focusing too much on offense
what I don't understand is why those same people who shit on sfv will also praise guilty gear in the same sentence, despite also focusing entirely on offense.
>>
>>386520168
yes

LOBBY FOR SFV

Ft1, Char sel On, Pass 1212
Region NA mex
CFN: Nictografo
>>
>>386518636
>I'm just going to play other games
What other games?
The best fighting game out now is Killer Instinct and nobody plays that because XBONE.
Nobody plays KoF because it's too hard, nobody plays The Dragunov Show 7 because it's unbalances as fuck, nobody plays XRd2 or BB because anime.

If you give up on SFV for IJ2 you're literally a normie.

SFV is nowhere near perfect but untill KI comes out on steam it's the best game people are actually playing because it's the only game people are actually playing.
>>
>>386520261
memes
>>
>>386520313
What rank is everyone in there? Debating if it's worth it to hook my PS4 back up.
>>
>>386518849
>Combos don't matter in SFV
Combos matter in every modern fighting game. If you aren't doing optimal combos, you are fighting at a fundamental disadvantage. Combos have ruined fighting games by adding in a pointless intermediary activity, a singleplayer minigame that you must complete for your attack to be "whole".
Where previously a single Normal could take off 25% of an opponent's health in SF2, now a single punch in any game does maybe 5% damage and you have to follow it up with several more hits to make it even reach 25%

Hell, the fact that SFII was all about single attacks meant that almost every normal had a use in the neutral, whereas the only normals that matter in SFV are your longest poke, your best AA, and the one or two starting attacks (which are usually your stubbiest shit so the game is further pushed into rushdown by dashing in and jabbing) that let you move into a combo. You could cut SFV down into a three button fighter with how pointless so many characters' normals are.
>>
>>386520261
guilty gear has defensive options that work and risk mitigation in neutral thanks to yrc. Also the characters don't have 2cm hitboxes on their normals so it's easier to prevent people from getting all over you.

Also thanks to the skill barrier there are characters that are deep and fun to play/practice with besides one or two exceptions.
>>
>>386520563
Agree with the first line.
I don't think the skill barrier makes the game deeper, it just makes the game more complicated. The tutorial is great but you can't really tell me that the game is inviting to a new player.
>>
>>386520423
Pretty low. Go ahead and join, anon.
>>
>>386520423
It's /v/. Everyone is shit as fuck.
>>
>>386474892
Just got Ultra 4, what am I dealing with?
>>
>>386520914
That's fine but a skill gap makes the game more fun imo. I like having things to learn and I like to see myself progress and get better. It's part of the fighting game experience. In SFV you get to Platinum and you already have a chance at beating Super Diamonds and Master players because all you have to do in neutral is get them to guess wrong.
>>
>>386513442
>So, they pushed people to go play at EVO?
Yes
>They paid people to go play at EVO?
Yes
>Did Ono put a gun to everyone's head who played SFV?
Considering most of the top players play SF for a living and depend on this game's success to make money through sponsorships, might as fucking well have.
>>
>>386520998
Safe dps and setplay.
>>
>>386520545
I meant just frame combo imputs don't matter, not that combos altogether don't matter.
SFV is trying to lighten the physical skill gap between players. And that's sorta decent, if we need a thousand hours just to compete why not spend those hours in the gym and compete in an actual ring instead?
>>
>>386521103
>In SFV you get to Platinum and you already have a chance at beating Super Diamonds and Master players
I guess you mean a good change. I don't think so.
People have been winning tournaments and doing well in this game for a while now. The random thing is really getting exaggerated by a lot of people.
If you're talking about online, then yeah, it's online.
>>
File: IMG_0441.jpg (24KB, 174x153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0441.jpg
24KB, 174x153px
>DebinThroberts
mahvel_baybeh here. Haven't we met up in matchmaking before?
>>
>>386517604
>>386517604
>There is literally nothing wrong with making gameplay more accessible
As long as simplyfing mechanics doesn't make it less deep. Both SFV and MvCI sacrficied gameplay in the name of accessibility.
>>
>>386520964
It is also fgg. LOL
>>
>>386521103
There are skill gaps and skill canyons.
Soul Calibur is amazing at this because Cervantez, Ivy and Setsuka can be ridiculous once you master them but you can compete at a decent amateur level with Mitsurugui, Astaroth or Sophitia while you get used to the fundies and train your hands into the imputs and speed of the game.
Compare that with GG or KoF where imputs are so retarded you need to press buttons with your dick unless you have six fingers on the right hand, or where every character has one new gimmick and stock system you have to learn to micromanage, no shit nobody wants to play that. GG isn't even fun to watch despite how beautiful XDr2 is because unless you play it you don't get what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>386521351
How did MvCI sacrificed gameplay?
>>
>>386521220
I dunno. Part of the reason fighting games have so much longevity is because of the high skill ceiling. Take that away and the game might get stale, which ironically is what a lot of people who play SFV are saying. Accessibility is good but I'd be satisfied if SFV had more characters that took more of an investment and required more technical skill. That might change in the future but it might not. After seeing once technical characters like Juri and highly passive characters like Vega get completely reworked into more offensive tripe doesn't make me hopeful.
>>
>>386521401
Everyone who frequents /v/ and /vg/ are shit, I didn't mean to imply /vg/ is any better.

There are a few people on /vg/ for who there is nothing else going on in life aside of fighting games, though.
>>
>>386521351
I agree that SFV did, but pretty much only in the combo department. I don't think Capcom wanted to make SFV less deep, so I'm hoping they'll add mechanics to improve this.
I haven't played MvCI, but everyone that has played it seems to think the game is great, and no I'm not just talking about the "shills".
We should honestly wait before making those claims.
>>
https://streamable.com/32s2f

Sums up a major problem with SFV.
>>
File: 1485225245980.png (403KB, 600x609px) Image search: [Google]
1485225245980.png
403KB, 600x609px
>ragequitting a lobby
>>
>that retarded Abigail RQing
Kill yourself my man. Nice game ERP.
>>
>>386521467
No third fighter, no strikers.
>>
>>386521337
other lobbies yeah
>>
I'll rage quit every game I have in this lobby, get mad nigger
>>
>>386521491
But you're only talking about combos here. The skill ceiling is still high in terms of hit confirms, reactions and read.
I agree with you, though. It would be cool if all characters had harder and cooler combos like Urien and some others. That change can be made fairly easily by adding a new mechanic somewhat similar to FADC or something to allow more freedom.
>>
>>386521604
That isn't sacrificing it for casuals. That's just Capcom being cheap.

>>386521587
That wasn't a ragequit.
>>
BIRDIE, STOP, HE'S ALREADY DEAD
>>
>>386521491
Kolin and Dhalsim already exist but nobody wants to put the effort into them because hurr durr they don't deal as much burst damage as boxer.
Dhalsim was at EVO top 8, Balrog wasn't. In fact Balrog hasn't been at any top 8 where the competition isn't so weak Smug can go the distance because tiers don't matter as much as people who don't play think they do.
>>
>>386521435
That's what I'm saying. If SFV released some highly technical characters, even just a few, I'd be appeased and I wouldn't be so hard on it. But I get the impression that they're sacrificing that altogether for the sake of accessibility while alienating the players that like characters that require good execution. SFV has some characters with v-trigger or highly situational combos that require it, but those combos are so rare or specific that they're barely a part of the character's gameplay. If there were just a few characters that took a lot of work, and if they just made it more rewarding to stick to defense and neutral, I think that would really make the game more interesting.

It definitely still feels like "go ham or go home" though. Both from what I played at the beginning of S2 and from what I see in tournament. I want a character that gives me the same feeling of progression that Zato does in GG.
>>
>>386521467
>no 3v3 anymore, we're back to 2v2
>less special inputs
>no assists because they were "confusing"
>slower than MvC3
And no, tag-in system doesn't count as "assists".

Assists in UMvC3 served two main purposes: to cover for your characters shortcomings and to create setups.
Tag-in lets you primarily extend combos and - in theory because I've never seen it before on trailers - to make some limited setups.

Again - in theory you've got gems to cover for lack of assists but no matter what you say - one new special and one new hyper cannot replace assist.
>>
>>386521576
These seem fairly cherrypicked.
>>
File: 1497948981746.jpg (32KB, 244x295px) Image search: [Google]
1497948981746.jpg
32KB, 244x295px
>>386521709
>>
>>386515319
Bingo! This isn't a game made with consideration to the comics like all other marvel fighters. This is about being an Infinity War licensed game.
>>
>>386521778
I quit playing before Kolin but she had me slightly interested. As for Sim I never played that character because he's not for me, but never gave him a chance in SFV.
>>386521795
I never liked 3S, but whiff punishing was a big part of SF4, and those SFV sequences are pretty common in neutral. It's really not a footsies game.
>>
>>386521783
Capcom doesn't understand that the skill gap is precisely what makes fighting games fun to watch. It's the same with every sport, really.
>>
>not just chip CAing
>>
>>386521970
I agree with you personally but a lot of people watching don't care about watching high level players show off what makes them good anymore. I feel like the SFV audience just wants to see people get blown up most of the time.
>>
>>386521908
>It's really not a footsies game
The focus is less on footsies, yeah.
Still, watch Punk play, for instance. He's amazing at wiff punishing and confirming off of somethin the opponent did.
>>
>>386490216
Did you see the Projectile Reflection on push block bullshit?
https://twitter.com/ChromeAlchemist/status/894277651397038081
>>
>>386521970
This is honestly the problem.
Making games accesible is great because it makes it easier for more people to play the game.
SFV does give you that many options for harder combos so the skill gap is too small in that regard. The skill gap for other aspects of the game is still high, though.
>>
>>386522057
Karin whiff punishing is fucking lame though. Literally roundhouse: the character. Crouch roundhouse from full screen because most characters can't punish well. Stand roundhouse into v-trigger for pressure, v-reversal bait, or hitconfirm. Reminds me of Rosefags in SF4, only many of SFV's characters have stupid options like that.
>>
Yeah, I fucked up pretty badly with that V-Trigger. GG, Debin and Nicto
>>
>>386522210
I was more talking about cr. MP or st. HP confirms into specials, for instance. No V-Trigger or anything.
He does it pretty consistently.
>>
nigger
>>
>THIS IS WHAT QUALIFIES AS SUPER SILVER
>>
File: 1446989188369.jpg (205KB, 802x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1446989188369.jpg
205KB, 802x1200px
What is the street fighter game with the most playable characters?
>>
File: 1499899377002.jpg (19KB, 292x339px) Image search: [Google]
1499899377002.jpg
19KB, 292x339px
>IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>386522501
you're not cool because you can pressure abby with cummy
>>
>>386522045
Casual audiences like that will move on and Capcom will be left with nobody.
>>
>>386522557
Not even him, fuck off MrCaptain
>>
>>386522503
USFIV
>>
>>386522169
If anybody can party supers or make comebacks, then what's the point? Where's the competition?
>>
>>386521351
I specifically didn't say mechanics, I specified inputs and timing, because those are what fuck with people who just want to have a good time. You cannot remove depth by making inputs easier and timing more forgiving, you only remove barriers.
>>
>>386522570
Well, if SSFV is a real thing, then al they have to do is add more content to the game to make casuals happy and get new reviews and then hopefully add more gameplay mechanics to make the competitive player happier.
>>
>>386522639
>If anybody can party supers or make comebacks
I don't think they can, though.
If this was true then the current top players wouldn't be as consistent as they have been in the past.
I actually think that some V-Triggers, for instance, give you too many tools for a comeback and I agree with you there. I still prefer that mechanic over ultras any day.
>>
So what's the usual etiquette for online fightan? I've never really done it before, I'm pretty antisocial and would honestly just like to just have a match and move on.
I'm not in this lobby I'm reading about by the way, I actually don't even own any fighting games that actually are alive right now, I'm still on older versions
>>
>>386522964
jus b urself
>>
>>386522964
heavy normal -> activate v-trigger -> carry to corner -> one mixup -> stun -> teabag -> win
>>
Keep the lobby going, ERP, I'm giving up my apot
>>
>>386521783
Ibuki, Dhalsim and Kolin are all very technical characters with top-tier potential.
Again with Soul Calibur. A. Patroklos was top tier in SCV and an extemelly high skill imput character. So were Viola who was imput simple but fundamentally complex and dependant on reads and baits, and Mitsurigui who was pretty much braindead.

The same is happening in SFV with Ibuki and Urien for people who like to press buttons, Balrog and Cammy as easy to control but hard to optimize beaters and the eternal Guile plus Laura for the brainlets who grind till gameplay is second nature. But somehow when it comes to SFV people get offended that chars like Balrog or Cammy are good.

This is not GG, this is Capcom, and Capcom has never been like GG. On the same Imput Heavy-Fundies Heavy-Match Exp. Heavy trifecta we have Zabel, Bee and Sasquatch for VS. Yun, Cammy and E. Ryu in USFIV. Yun, Chun Li and Ken in SFIII3S. Vega, Balrog and Akuma in ST. Etc.

SFV really isn't half as bad as people want to think it is, at this point it's just people begging for confirmation bias in this threads. The game is ok, and might actually be better than any other first version on the SF franchise.
>>
File: 1495598348268.png (2MB, 769x783px) Image search: [Google]
1495598348268.png
2MB, 769x783px
YO other birdie here's a tip
>bull head the opponent while you can pop trigger
>they block
>activate
>immediately ex grab
>always connects because trigger activate takes so long
bam, free 264 damage 80% of the time
>>
I hate that this game is such a technical garbage heap, because it's so fun. Sorry we didn't get our match, ERP! Hopefully it works next cycle
>>
>>386523056
465pbp
>>
>>386474892
So if SFV dies does this actually mean that anything that isn't melee dies?

Like the TO's for guilty gear and other games won't be impacted that much right?
>>
>100% damage CA
?????
>>
>>386522104
>https://twitter.com/ChromeAlchemist/status/894277651397038081
sheesh
>>
>>386523241
Other games don't die, but they probably get less people coming, since Street Fighter is so good at introducing players to the genre.
I'm curious now. Is there an anime game that is welcoming to beginners in it's mechanics? Most anime games I've seen/played have many convoluted mechanics that you have to learn before you can play decently.
>>
Lets be honest fighting games peaked in the late 90s-early 2000s (like basically all genres of video game). Third Strike was best SF and ever since all Capcom has done is pure fan service and dumbing down the gameplay.

I knew this the first time I booted up SSFIV and saw the roster was all SF2 veterans, the final boss was a shitty character compared to Gill (even if Seth has grown on me over the years to the point I like him, he is really boring by comparison). Capcom actually took chances in the 90s but their best developers left a long time ago to join much shittier companies.
>>
>>386523241
Nobody plays GG.
Tekken, KI, and IJ2 have tournaments at pretty much every event. In fact there's more tournaments for these games than Melee or Sm4ash. The only games that depend on EVO/Capcom Pro Tour money are SFV, MvC:I and Melee. The first two because of pandering, the later because of it's retarded infrastructure needs.
>>
>>386523513
I think a lot of people will disagree with you about Third Strike being the best Street Fighter.
>>
>>386523416
Anime games are terrible at everything from a noob standpoint.
For starters they look like licenshit. Normies look at GG or BB and think it's one of those Jump! All Stars trainwrecks. The only anime IP that has enough star power to really sell shovelware is DBZ, so DBFZ may build a community that maybe will get some people into GG through studio association.

Other than that anime games look retarded gameplay wise. They're the most inellegant shit ever. "Why the fuck are there random cartoony fruits popping on the screen and what are all those little boxes spawning moe imps? This looks like a mess!" and so little Timmy goes on to play Smash instead.

Anime games are just opaque as fuck, on purpose, don't ever expect them to do well in murrika.
>>
>>386523806
There's not much competition, there's not any that much consensus on the best version of SF4, and SF2 is incredibly dumbed down and many find it unfun to play.

And jeez SF1 and SF5 sure are fighting games that exist for this discussion
>>
>>386523513
t. Inafune
>>
>>386523806
Yeah a lot of people would argue that ST is actually the best, 3S coming in at a close second.
>>
>>386523918
>SF2 is incredibly dumbed down and many find it unfun to play.
Nigga, it's been played competitively for 20+ years. It's the fundamentals.
>>
>>386523513
Yeah SFIII was so fucking amazing it poisoned the franchise for a decade and Capcom went right back to Alpha for CvS.
>>
File: 1499636515270.png (235KB, 600x718px) Image search: [Google]
1499636515270.png
235KB, 600x718px
>Drop combo
>still perfect
I am the best birdie
>>
>>386524009
That's the first SF3's fault, 3S was far better, but it had to recover on the shitty start the SF3 series had earlier. Much like how SF5 is fairly doomed by its terrible launch though it is doing better than SF3 purely because of marketing.

Don't pretend like 3S didn't deserve huge success and its failure didn't have horrible, fatal consequences for Capcom's game quality. It's a fucking disaster how Capcom's design has changed over the years.

>>386523975
?
>>
>>386523904
I mean, DBFZ should be an example of an anime game that sells well in the west.
I don't think it's just about the anime looks. Some of them are just very inaccessible for no reason, at times.
>>
>>386474892
Tried to give it a chance today after not playing since my last tournament and it's just not fun. Even with the 2.5 changes, the game still feels like a complete chore to play and I'll never forgive Ono for what they did to my boy Alex.
>>
File: CzVwzRxXAAAk5K9.jpg (76KB, 750x931px) Image search: [Google]
CzVwzRxXAAAk5K9.jpg
76KB, 750x931px
>>386474892
>what are the chances they still manage to fuck it up? I say about 50/50
oh anon
>>
>>386524147
Just like 3S had a rough start and then redeemed itself, why can't SFV?
It happens with every SF game.
>>
>>386523904
Anime games are terrible period. They don't even have fun character designs unless you're a weeb faggot who likes DeviantART. Every character is an overly designed edgelord or waifu with VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS that I know will be pointed out if any faggot fan of GG or BB replies to this post. Yes Arakune and Bedman exist but Bedman's gimmick is he's a pretty anime boy on the bed, it's still an anime boy, and Arakune is so obviously an exception.

Compare to DS3 or 3S which is full of creative takes on the SF archetypes and you see how derivative and gay the anime fighters are from a design standpoint. They're designed to pander to the biggest faggots in Japan who masturbate to moe anime and other shovelware garbage, not even trying to pretend to have a widespread appeal. You're already eating shit when you give ASW your money for them to pander to that toxic audience in Japan.

>>386524229
True, but unlike SF4 which had a great launch/SSF4, SF5 looks more like SF3 which killed the franchise.

Took 9 years after 3S to get SF4. With how long it took to get SF5 after the relatively successful SF4, mostly because of increased costs/dev time, SF5's shitty sales put the whole Capcom fighting division on ice.
>>
for Super Street Fighter - Include all DLC from previous games, but also be sellable as an expansion for SFV owners (discount for early adopters)
apparently, Sagat and Sakura are leaked, after that also put in about 4 other characters. 2 returners, 2 newcomers
Add in an arcade mode and a new story mode, more new defensive options, etc.
>>
>>386524148
Having a million different systems and weird ass lolis that hit like Abigail and have hitboxes long past their sprites doesn't help. The UIs tend to be super shitty too.

Killer Instinct does the "some characters have special gauges/item stocks" thing infinitely better by just having good graphic design for it's UI.
>>
>>386524404
I don't know if the reception for SF4 was great. I heard that SSF4 made some good changes.
>SF5 looks more like SF3 which killed the franchise
Maybe, but nowadays it's easier to patch and fix shit, get feedback and all that. Asuming SSFV is real, then things can get a lot better, since a new name with more content will probably get better reviews and more people in.
>>
>>386524229
I think SFV at its core is a great game. I for one don't really mind the lenient execution barrier, it saves me from grinding useless link combos in practice mode. Tricky charge bufferings, move buffering, and links are all still there so you still cannot mash your way through a combo. There's actually several optimal combos max V-skill, max meter, max damage, max corner carry etc. The footsies, meaty timings and the mindgame is still there. Most 50/50 mixups are pretty fair.

However everything around the matches itself is absolute cancer. Seasonal costumes, fight money grinding, survival mode grinding to get colors, $4 DLC costumes per piece, Capcom Pro Tour $20 DLC for TWO (2) costumes and a stage, and still busted ass netcode

SF3 has a bad mechanic, that they kinda redeemed in 3rd Strike. SFV had a decent mechanic, but everything surrounds it is absolute cancer and there is no end in sight to the cancer.
>>
>>386524404
>They don't even have fun character designs unless you're a weeb faggot who likes DeviantART.
What about Johnny for Guilty Gear, he's cool. He's like Johnny Cash. Or Kliff, or Baiken or Zappa or Chipp or May or Faust. Fucking Faust.
>>
File: Kum_image.png (870KB, 977x1192px) Image search: [Google]
Kum_image.png
870KB, 977x1192px
>>386524404
>faggot who doesn't play any fightan pretending to have opinion
Kum Haehyun is an old man techsuit with cute girl inside, easily the most innovative character design I've seen in years.
>>
good games everyone
>>
>>386524712
I agree with pretty much everything.
SSFV sounds like a big enough change that can hopefully make those things better.
The fight money stuff I don't mind, honestly. It's better than upgrades that you have to buy or you can't keep playing the game, pretty much. It would be nice to have a better way to get the FM, since 50 per win is retarded,
>>
>>386524404
And weebshit isn't even ironically "in" anymore in murrika. I bet if Riot/Blizzard made a SFA3 clone with LoL/Overwatch character designs it would sell better than all current gen anime games put together because what people in general want is either realism or cartoons. Anime is dead unless it's retro ie DBZ, Saint Seiya, etc. and mostly because those don't look like modern anime at all.
>>
>>386524739
>>386524824
Not him.
I like GG character designs a lot more than any other anime fighter.
The gameplay too. I still feel that a lot of mechanics are unnecessarily hard to get into for a new player.
>>
I feel like DSP saying "Where's my EX uppercut" to myself the entire 2nd round
>>
>>386524649
SF4's reception was pretty great considering it was the first SF since 3S and sold well enough to get the next 3 multiplat releases. It was the most successful SF since 2 easily, much better than any iteration of 3.

Not deserved of course, but that's life. 3 is one of the best fighting games ever made for me, but so is basically every 90s Capcom fighter.

That is true about patching but I see SFV more like the fucking end point of SF as a result. They will be patching it and fucking adding DLC for years and not making a new game. That's almost worse than no sequel because SFV is fundamentally a worse fighter than 2, 3 or 4. And we're stuck with it for God knows how long.

>>386524739
I said there were some exceptions. Most of the roster is still what I said, at best a handful are not, and even of what you said I know one is a gay cowboy and one is just a guy with a big sword. Big sword =/= creativity.

>>386524824
ASW's design process:
>think of cool design
>how can we force a loli, anime boy or edgelord into this design and ruin it?
>fans are too brain dead and sycophantic to see the pandering

>>386524918
I feel like Capcom's style in the 90s might have done well today but that Darkstalkers remake failed so we'll never know. Their current style in SF5 is still more popular than the shit that goes on in the anime fighters.

Anime is always popular just not the moe and loli shit, or the edgy garbage GG/BB rely on.
>>
>>386524906
>It would be nice to have a better way to get the FM, since 50 per win is retarded,
This. Rainbow Six Siege does a similar model but the DLC characters (while still ridiculously grindy to get) are at least attainable through normal gameplay (casual/ranked multiplayer).
>>
>>386524824
Maybe if the tech suit didn't look like every buff old sensei archetype ever.
>>
>>386525025
>SFV is fundamentally a worse fighter than 2, 3 or 4
I disagree. Like others have said in the thread, the core of the game is actually great.
The problem comes from things around it.
>>
>>386525025
>Darkstalkers remake failed
Because it's absolutely shitty with downgraded graphics, the worst netcode for a Capcom game ever and objectively worse than fightcade or MAME.
Capcom pissed on the Darkstalkers fanbase and then wondered why they were upset.
>>
>>386525204
The core of the game is good at best. It's not got the fundamental strengths of 2 or 3, and while you could argue 4 is a bit incoherent and messy, it has other stuff that elevates it above 5.

>>386525334
Oh, I didn't know this, thanks for informing me. What a pile of shit. All I heard about it was Capcom bitching about it flopping about 20 fucking times and saying that they were very let down by the fans, and saying "Street Fighter is not dead" implying Darkstalkers is dead.

What a bunch of cunts.
>>
Is anyone going to get the alpha rerelease that was reportedly leaked? Alpha 3 is my favorite sf ever although its considered too anime link with its systems.
>>
>>386525025
>SFV is fundamentally a worse fighter than 2, 3 or 4
E.g. how to spot nostalgia ridden former local play only casual scrub.

Heh hell no. SFV is currently about the same as vanilla SF4 at. It is no USF4 for sure, but it is at its core not worse than 3rd strike. You seemed to have too much of a rosy view on the older games, I bet you only play it as casual scrub locally with your friend. 3rd strike for instance has less characters and more spread out tier lists, with every tournament dominated with the infamous ChunYunKen permutation. If 3rd strike is alive today everyone would be bitching about ChunYunKen online and why muh Q, 12, Hugo and Sean are sitting at kids league compared to ChunYunKen. MvC2 has equally busted character tiers, there's literally nothing you can do against Storm that jump high and spam her thunderbolt moves. Rival Schools aren't even balanced competitively, most characters has infinite loop combos.
>>
>>386525442
Again, I disagree.
This is subjective anyway. I think all SF games are great in their own unique way, but I don't think SFV is "the worst fundamentally".
>>
Is anyone getting the reportedly leaked alpha rerelease? Alpha 3 is my favorite sf although its usually considered too anime due to its systems
>>
>>386525552
I agree 3rd Strike's balance is shitty, but that would've been balance patched by the year 2017 I should hope. You can't balance patch the amount of garbage in SFV, it's to the SF series what Brawl was to competitive Smash Bros, obviously pegged for casuals and newcomers to make it more accessible. Capcom even said as much themselves.

I mean a mod called Fourth Strike exists that manages to rebalance the game in a fairly direct way by buffing the low tiers. Believe me I hate the chink domination in 3S with ChunYun and that fag Ken but that's not a hard game to rebalance at all.

And I never defended MvC2, that game's balance is pure garbo. MvC3 isn't much better either.

>>386525593
At the moment I think it is, SF4 vanilla was more busted but the last iteration was much better. Of course if you look at the first versions of SF2-4 they all had problems but SFV I am not seeing the kind of balance fixes necessary yet, and really IDK how Capcom doesn't know how to properly balance a fighting game in the year of our lord 20-fucking-17.
>>
File: guilty gear xrd.png (403KB, 1024x479px) Image search: [Google]
guilty gear xrd.png
403KB, 1024x479px
>All these people saying that third strike is the peak of street fighter despise most of us who ACTUALLY FUCKING played it know it's a mess of a balance, where the 50/50 vortex came to be, only a handful of characters are viable for competitive tier, distance and zoning is irrelevant (look at necro), and parry being a shallow mechanic that while rewarding timing it is ultimately a counterintuitive as to what footsies and strategy should be

I don't love SF5 for its fucking all agressive no backing down style but stating that Guilty Gear with its fucking learn-this-50/50-for-every-character shit that ultimately boils down to memorization and coin toss is also wrong
Ultimately though, no, SFV is not salvageable because too many fucking mistakes and NETCODE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE after two years. Balance has nothing to do with it, neither gameplay; They're criticizable but it didn't bring down the game, the terrible netcode did.
>>
>>386525784
>At the moment I think it is
Well that's the thing. If we're talking about the core of the game, then "at the moment" doesn't matter.
I agree that at the moment SFV is the worst, but it's been out for a year while other SF titles already had a long time to get better and adding stuff to them.
>>
>>386525961
Another thing I dislike about SFV is some of these character choices, it's so extreme one way or the other.

A lot of the newcomers remind me of the anime fighters in how "flashy" they look but have no gimmicks, or fun creative designs. Compare to the 3S roster, that had genuine imagination. Compare to 4, that was full on pandering but at least it had every popular character. V is just the worst of both worlds.

>>386525896
>I ACTUALLY FUCKING PLAYED Third Strike and it's obvious that it's the best SF game for fundamentals and just has balance issues that Capcom never got around to fixing because it came out almost 20 years ago

Honestly if you went into stasis since the release of 3S, you wouldn't have missed an awful lot in terms of Capcom fighters. There's been an obvious nostalgia cash in (SF4) even if it did end up getting decent versions later, and SFV. Hoo boy. And all those other amazing Capcom fighters like Marvel 3 and the new Infinite game, and don't forget SFxT! Wew.
>>
>>386526125
I think it's just nostalgia on your part.
I like Ed quite a bit, for instance.
>>
>>386526314
Ed and Kolin are too style over substance. Like most of SFV newcomers I don't get any strong playstyle out of them, very generic and bland. Abigail was honestly one of the few new characters who stood out as unique to me.
>>
>>386524712
why are people so triggered by the existence of optional purchasable costumes?
>>
>>386525784
Vanilla V is better than vanilla IV, 3 or Guile Fighter II.
Alpha 1 may be the best vanilla.
>>
>>386526410
I actually don't particularly like Kolin visually, but I think she has a lot of cool tools and setups.
It's really fun watching Poonko's Kolin.
>>
>>386526485
SFV reminds me more of Alpha than anything, and I find Alpha to be one of the most overrated SF games. It's not too bad, but it is the most anime and simplified SF game.

I don't really see it having as much material as 2-4 to expand on, no sign of it now, this Super SFV rumor could well end up being bullshit too.

Also why Guile Fighter II?
>>
>>386526125
>muh fundamentals
Fundamentals is a meme. Just because Chun Li in 3rd strike has busted normals, and can get away with winning matches from spamming normals and hit confirming medium kick into super, and force the whole roster to play footsies at her own game and her pace doesn't mean that 3rd strike has good fundamentals. The phrase "good fundamentals" doesn't mean a thing. 3rd strike is very normals and parry based, because the top tier characters arguably has better normals than special moves. The imaginary "balance patch" that you talked about would've taken away Chun Li and Yun's busted normals, and probably shifting 3rd strike metagame away from normals and arguably less good ""fundamentals"" of poking, parrying, whiff punishes and hit confirms
>>
>>386526125
SF4 is is still among the top 5 greatest fighting games
SFxT would have been even better if not for the gem system
mvc3 was the second best vs game next to mvc2
we still don't know how well mvci will play

just because an even better game in the series already existed it doesn't mean they weren't good games
>>
Parry was Capcom copying SC's Just Guard but forgetting SF is a 2d fighter. It was absolute cancer and anyone who's played Soul Calibur, Tekken, Shenmue or Virtua Fighter knows it's the worst implementation of a parry mechanic in fighting game history because we actually have something to compare it to.
>>
>>386526589
>this Super SFV rumor could well end up being bullshit too
http://shoryuken.com/2017/08/02/x-kira-discovers-functioning-arcade-mode-costumes-stages-and-more-in-latest-street-fighter-v-datamining-report/
It's probably real. They are most likely holding off on all that content for that release.
>>
Fuck, I don't want this thread to die now.
Since it isn't on page 1 any more, all the memers are gone and there can be some actual conversation.
>>
>>386526125
>they look but have no gimmicks, or fun creative designs
Abigail, Kolin and Ed are all gimmicks, arguably to the point of lacking in fundamentals. You have no idea what you're talking about. Try grinding in ranked online beyond bronze.

You might argue that from aesthetic design wise these 3 are lame, and I agree with you but they certainly don't lack the gimmicks.
>>
>>386526589
Alpha is often compared to IV and V is stoned for not being like IV. So how is V like IV according to you?

And Guile was unbeatable in competitive vanilla SFII, Dhalsim was his only match.
>>
>>386480350
Isnt Bamco more wealthy than capcom at this point? if they wanted they could.
>>
>>386527071
I think they are doing their own tournaments.
Anyway, the "people only play SF because of the money" meme is just that, a meme.
>>
>>386527071
Sony pays for Capcom's tournaments.
And Bamco has it's own tournaments but nobody but japs and weebs play those. So they don't get any interest.

Ironically, SFV is another "white men watch black men beat each other up" sport. No wonder murrika loves it.
>>
The game still gets top billing at any tournament it's at.

The game is doing a lot better than you wish it was.
>>
>>386526614
That's a case of broken balance not bad fundamentals. 3S would be amazing if you just cut those characters or nerfed them. I hate Chun Li and Yun, and Ken, but that doesn't ruin the whole experience for me, besides unless you're at a competitive level you can win with any character in that game as the skill ceiling is very high. More than you can say for SFV, a game Capcom stated is made for scrubs.

>>386526656
SF4 is the one game you may have wanted to play just for the crossover of all the most important bestest SF2 characters, yeah

SFxT is a meme game, even if you like it that's obvious. Marvel 3 is fun but if you played Marvel 2, it's just that again with a smaller roster and some swapped around characters. You ain't missing much, the tourney scene is also pretty bad, the definition of a coin flip anime fighter. And that's your lot. Compare the Capcom fighters released in the 90s to the 2000s/2010s, it's just disgusting.

>>386526813
Their gimmicks are fucking lame and boring, as boring as their aesthetic designs. Besides Abigail. Being the biggest SF character ever, possibly the biggest fighting game character outside of Samurai Shodown, I can dig that. The other two are just uninspired faggot garbage.

>>386526940
Do you just know vanilla SFII competitive or any others? I'm always interested in hearing about how the competitive of SF games developed in the super early days.
Thread posts: 531
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.