[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play the originals or get the 3Ds versions? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: ocarina-of-time-vs-majoras-mask.jpg (50KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
ocarina-of-time-vs-majoras-mask.jpg
50KB, 630x400px
Should I play the originals or get the 3Ds versions?

I've tried a couple of times each to play these games in their 64 version on an emulator but I just can't deal with them. I sort of get around the controls and I don't drop them until halfway through at least, this has happened with other 2 zelda titles those being Windwaker and ALTTP. The only Zelda I've actually finished it has been the original The Legend of Zelda and Phantom Hourglass in its original system.
I recently got the new 2Ds, picked up Link Between Worlds without thinking too much about it and I have almost finished it while having the blast I was expecting from a good Zelda game.

I can't seem to be able to play games in the uncomfyness of an emulator but I guess I can enjoy them in the 3Ds. Although over the years I might have heard one or two bad things about these remakes and I was wondering if it's anything that breaks the setting hard or if the gameplay improvements make up for it.

TL;DR: I don't like games in emulators and I was wondering if the 3Ds versions are good enough.
>>
3DS. They've been improved.
>>
3DS are the definitive versions. I only wish we could get Switch releases some day.
>>
3DS, as the original versions of the games have a low frame rate which for me is rather off-putting
>>
I have the same problem with emulators, OP, and I played OoT some years ago on my 3DS and had a lot of fun with it. Maybe it'll be the same with you.
>>
>>386462735
If you want the
>Majoras Mask For Dummies
experience go ahead with the 3DS remake. Just know that they took away some of the most fun elements of the game and made it more handholdy through. They did make some quality of life improvements but not enough to compensate for the rest that they butchered. I would play MM on WiiVC if you have it available

Cant speak for OOT3DS though.
>>
File: 1421174941625.jpg (77KB, 698x698px) Image search: [Google]
1421174941625.jpg
77KB, 698x698px
>>386463590
Was there a considerable increase in the speed of time with the Song of Time reversed vs Original? It seems to be faster than I remember.
>>
>>386463590
How has it been dumbed down?

I heard some stuff about time based events being changed or something.
>>
>>386462735
OoT3D is the definitive version, the only downside being some areas lightened up to work better in 3D, which you could argue diminishes atmosphere at times.

MM3D, on the other hand, maintains the atmosphere and unique designs, but makes questionable gameplay changes (zora, ice arrows, some bosses, etc). Overall, I prefer 3D for the smoother framerate and updated graphics, but I could see someone preferring the original, as some of the tension is lost with the new save system.
>>
>>386462735
3DS versions are good but I'd say play the originals since this is your first time through. They're how the games were developed and meant to be played orignally, flaws and all. 3DS versions also change the visuals, arguably for the worst in certain instances (mainly with making scenes too bright).
>>
File: 1488429452913.jpg (122KB, 524x469px) Image search: [Google]
1488429452913.jpg
122KB, 524x469px
The gyro aiming and touch screen inventory in all the 3D and HD Zelda remakes are amazing and in my opinion worth playing over the originals.

If you want a more authentic experience OOT is the only one I'd continue to recommend on the 3DS over the original.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
Play this instead.
>>
>>386463590
>>386463901
>>386463919

gotcha
I get that the original MM was meant to be its way but I guess I'm too casual for it atm. If it's not that big of a deal like it seems to be I'd get the version my retard self can deal with instead of the one I'll eventually drop.
Thanks for the feedback, it has been better than what I expected.
>>
>>386463789
Yes, it doesn't work as well now.
>>
>>386463862
Tatl is more like Navi in telling obvious things. The Bombers notebook is annoying at BEST with constant notifications repeating what you already just had confirmed to you. Zora Swimming has been nerfed. Bombers literally follow you around in order to "inform" you about stuff you already knew.
>>
Play the Gamecube versions on PC, you stupid faggots.
>>
>>386465474
>gamecube
What's wrong with you?
The only thing better is the glitch in MM where you can get unlimited hearts.
>>
>>386463901
You can still use the Zora in the same way, it just costs magic.
>>
>>386465474
this
>>
>>386462735
>OOT
3ds version. its better in every way
>MM
dont play it at all
>>
>>386465474
Or I can play the GameCube versions on my actual GameCube
>>
>>386462735
3DS version. They actually managed to make the water temple in OoT fun.
>>
>>386463590
Majora's Mask on the N64 is one of my favorite games and the 3DS version is generally a big improvement from the visuals and framerate alone.
>>
>>386462735
>all these literal spergy nintenbros recommending the 3DS versions

just imagine them playing these shitty ports out in public
>>
>>386462735
3DS versions look better and play better
some people are really autistic about MM3D because they added a ton of quality of life improvements but the only "negative" impact of those is that you no longer have to cycle through the game dozens of times or use a guide to figure everything out. it also changed the lighting in a lot of areas to look better but some people prefer the original wonky lighting because it made the game more "spooky"
>>
>>386469792
>they added a ton of quality of life improvements
Not really and the game sounds horrible and plays even worse.
>>
>>386469324
Sorry you care about what others think so much
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.