[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got Guilty Gear How do I stop getting btfo in multiplayer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: 2-8.jpg (331KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2-8.jpg
331KB, 1280x720px
I just got Guilty Gear

How do I stop getting btfo in multiplayer?

I play Ky because he seems to be the coolest and least faggy character ironically
>>
>How do I stop getting btfo in multiplayer?

You don't, the GG community is full of autists who've played nothing but GG their entire lives.
>>
>>386457574
So basically like any other fighting game.
>>
>>386457681
no
>>
scum dipper
greed sever
>>
>>386457475
You practice. Do your combo trials and missions, then go into the lab and work on landing hits and avoiding them. Once you feel comfortable in offense and defense you should start doing fine.
>>
Pick Slayer
Punch people into fear and stratosphere
>>
File: pout.jpg (51KB, 482x582px) Image search: [Google]
pout.jpg
51KB, 482x582px
>>386457574
i played some guy who used ninja man and there wasn't a goddamn thing i could do.

motherfucker was all over the screen
>>
File: 1493271449183.png (669KB, 936x767px) Image search: [Google]
1493271449183.png
669KB, 936x767px
>>386457475
There are plenty of resources to help you along. If you haven't done it yet, try the starting tutorial it's really good at teaching you the basics like movement and universal defense options. If you need more try running through Combo mode. Even if you can't finish the specific ones, you have to go through each characters special moves and overdrives to get them. It can help you get the basic game plan for a character quickly.

Once you've gotten to a point where you feel like you can move on to more advanced things, check out Mission mode. It has literally everything from specific character setups, to more detailed tutorials (burst baiting, character weight for characters that need to pay attention to that, like Ramlethal, and so on).

Don't ignore arcade mode as a source of practice either, something as simple as one run through whenever you have time goes a long way in building motor memory.

Plus it's not too difficult to find matches online if you're willing to communicate with a community. Even /v/ has a semi-consistent thread where people post lobbies. Most participants are newer players. I myself am a longtime intermediate player who's teaching a few newer players in my spare time. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Although I'd wait until later at night to expect GG threads to start posting rooms. Fighting game threads are derailment proof and it pisses off shitposters like the first post in the thread to no end. They tend to try and shit up the threads in the morning and afternoon, but otherwise they're pretty easy to ignore.
>>
>>386457953
I would because he seems like an awesome character but i just can't play charge characters in this type of fast paced game for some reason.

>>386458208
Thanks. I think my major problem at this stage is defense
>>
File: Sly CooOOOOOOOO.jpg (63KB, 239x635px) Image search: [Google]
Sly CooOOOOOOOO.jpg
63KB, 239x635px
>>386458069
>mfw playing a good Bedman player for the first time

I couldn't even tell what the fuck was happening on screen.
>>
>>386457475

By continuing to play. Spend less time wondering how to get good and more time playing.
>>
>>386459159
If defense is your concern you should try things running through arcade mode with basic defense and blockstrings in mind. Don't worry about things like Blitz Shields or Dead Angles yet, build yourself up to it. For now just try basic blocking and "Just" blocks for when you feel confidant enough to test your timing. Also don't forget Faultless Defense exists. It's one of the greatest early tools for new players. Hold any two attack buttons, except for dust while blocking and a green "bubble" will go around your character. At the cost of your meter slowly draining, you can cause your opponent's blocked attacks to push them slightly further away and you don't take chip damage while its up.
>>
File: 1468911599480.webm (3MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1468911599480.webm
3MB, 1000x562px
>>386457475
You just need to play a lot and start learning the game. Just playing one hour at day for 2-3 week and you will be decent and enjoy even more the game.
>>
>>386457475
Mess around in training for a bit until you can consistently do BnBs. Don't worry about flashy 30-hit combos, those can come later.

Maybe get a friend and play each other so you can improve along with someone who is at a more or less even skill level.

Otherwise, just keep getting BTFO until you can clearly see what you're doing wrong and then fix those up until you start getting wins.

If all this isn't enough, you can practice against the AI for a bit in order to get a feel for the game in real time against an approximately even-skilled opponent without as much reason to get tense or worry about your losses. Just be careful about getting too used to fighting AI for all the obvious reasons.
>>
>>386459159
Slayer isn't charge, but he does lack some tools and will have to get used to backdashing.
>>
>>386457475

You don't. The thing with fighting games is that you will have a legit bad time for months and months before you eventually start to have some sort of fun.
>>
>>386457475
Alright 3 step's to getting good with Ky:

1.Make sure you're laggy as fuck and ONLY use Greed Sever, that way you can get away with near instantaneous overhead's and when they hit you get a clean 100+. Even more on certain character's

2.Never and I mean NEVER do ANYTHING interesting. I mean it dude. Look up the standard combos for Ky and just copy-paste that shit on your controller. You need to stick with the flowchart or else you'll be exposed on netplay for your Un-Ky ways

3.Make sure half the damage you the entire fight is from chipp, preferably from boosted stun edge's. Remember they need to use tension to get off scott free from that. Make sure they have no fucking tension, they second they move they'll be trying some Babydick shenanigans to hit you and actually play the game. You can't have that. Put them on the ground. Force them to block those stun edge's. Repeat.

; ^ ) now your ready to play some GG!
>>
>>386457475
How do I put this?
You need to like......
Uuuuuhh...
Practice to get good??????
>>
>>386457475
you'll be put into a LOT of high/low scenarios. get REALLY good at blocking and avoiding pressure
>>
File: 800px-GGXRD_Ky_fS.png (113KB, 800x361px) Image search: [Google]
800px-GGXRD_Ky_fS.png
113KB, 800x361px
>>386457475
As Ky, your biggest assets are your long normals and your okizeme (your ability to put pressure on them as they're getting up after you knock them down.) Get used to his ranges and where you can use them best. Use his far slash (see picture) to hit the opponent from afar and once you're used to that try confirming off of it with stun dipper or a 3HS on counter-hit. If the opponent is approaching from the air, use Ky's 2HS (crouching heavy slash) or 6P (forward punch) to anti-air them. Once you get a feel for his normals, practice some basic setups where you knock the opponent down (either with sweep or stun dipper or even vapor thrust) and then use a charged stun edge right before they get up off the ground so that they're forced to block both it and whatever you decide to do next.

If you're looking for combos and different ways to convert off of your normals, try watching some players like Rion or Machaboo use Ky and get an idea for what his gameplay is supposed to look like.

Good luck. You've picked a character that is actually very strong (but that no one complains about for some reason.)
>>
File: OurjZsD.jpg (61KB, 333x551px) Image search: [Google]
OurjZsD.jpg
61KB, 333x551px
>>386457747
Nice argument, Combofiend, call me back when street fighter 5 gets an arcade mod.
>>
>>386460443
t. Elphelt main
>>
File: 1501004003935.png (26KB, 334x181px) Image search: [Google]
1501004003935.png
26KB, 334x181px
It's always the defence part that people lack. No Anti airs, not faultless blocking supers, not reacting to mixup etc.
How to git gud in guilty

1. Play 1 character only until you feel comfortable in the game. No squishy characters or ones with hard inputs like Johnny.
2. If your enemy is on the ground always block down and (try to) block overheads on reaction
3. Learn a couple of BnB's for your character. Don't bother with character specific BS at the start. Also learn combo's that need roman cancels so you can use meter on that instead of wasting it on random supers.
4. Use faultless defence when blocking a super to avoid the chipp damage
5. Watch games of other players with your character and learn what they do on match start, when they knock the enemy down and which moves they use in neutrals and copy it.
6. Set a goal every match and try to achieve it. Make it something useful like hitconfirming after an attack or pulling of a combo. This way you force yourself to improve instead of mindless playing games

I can't give you character specific advice because i don't play """"fair"""" characters like Ky.
>>
>Playing Guilty Gear when the superior BlazBlue exists

Why?
>>
>>386461508
there's a fully functioning arcade mode in the code already. they just haven't released it yet
>>
I was wondering where the guy that pretends to play BlazBlue was going to shitpost.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.