[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>For the third half-year running, Kickstarter revenues fo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: kickstarter-logo.png (27KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
kickstarter-logo.png
27KB, 220x220px
>For the third half-year running, Kickstarter revenues for videogames failed to top $10 million. 2017 thus far is a little up on the dismal 2016 figures, but the figures are a long way off the heyday of videogame activity on Kickstarter; less than half the revenue of 2015, and far from the $28 million peak reached in the first half of 2013.

Will you idiots stop letting a few bad experiences ruin Kickstarter? I'm a dev and ran a Kickstarter for my game. I had a $50,000 goal and didn't come close. I had to take a second mortgage on my home to fund my game.

This is fucking bogus. I have a good track record but I have to pay the consequences because some other devs goofed up.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-08-04-consumer-scepticism-drives-kickstarter-decline
>>
>>386453359

>kickstarter fails
>is it because my game looks like shit?
>no, it's other people's fault

Holy shit, you're retarded
>>
>>386453359
>I'm a dev and ran a Kickstarter for my game.
What game?
>>
None of that is true and you're just pretending to be a retard to kick up a conversation on how stupid your strawman is.

Fuck off.
>>
>>386453359
Why do you need kickstarter to develop your game? You should be borrowing money from friends and family, not begging strangers on the internet for money.
>>
op is a phoneposter.
>>
>>386453565

More money = better game. Also, I don't have to pay interest on kickstarter money or beholden to whomever loaned me money. With kickstarter, I'm free to pursue my artistic vision without interference
>>
>>386453589

And? It's 2017, everyone has smartphones. Mobile users make up the majority of 4chan traffic anyway
>>
>>386453359
>recently heard about atom rpg
>kickstarter
Even if it was only $15k and it's clearly stated 90% of the work is done, I can't help but think it will be shit because of backers/kickstarter mentality.
>>
>>386453681
>More money = better game
Risk of Rain devs didn't ask for shit and they ended up making a game ten times better than any shit Kikestarter pushed out
>>
>>386453359
Good projects still get funded. Stop blaming others for your mediocre game.
>>
>>386453743
you dont even give a shit about the quality of a board.
>>
>>386453503
Hes right though. More people are doubting kick starter when it comes to video games because of the amount of shit that's happened with games being stuck in development hell. people running away with money or games turning out horrible. Table top games are dominating kick starter n the games category right now
>>
Most Kickstarter vidya pitches are awful. I don't care how novel your game is, or even if you're a famous veteran - if you don't show some interesting gameplay you're wasting my time.

Did any vidya Kickstarter ever sell mostly on its story? Even heavy hitters like Pillars of Eternity was more about pitching the engine, gameplay, systems and settings than teasing a great story
>>
>>386453681
>More money = better game
That's not even remotely close to the truth. And why the fuck would your parents ask you for interest on a loan?
>>
>>386453879

>a post made on a smartphone is always lower quality than one made on a desktop

Explain
>>
>>386453359
kill yourself
>>
>>386454020
It's because phoneposters are usually 3rd world pajeets who can't afford computers.
>>
OUYA ruined everything
>>
>>386454020
i can tell by the way you post.
>>
Just looked up indiegogo and whew, they are pretty much all failing with like $0. That sucks for any hidden gems, not that I could see any.
>>
>>386453359
>I wanted people to fun my hobby
>I quit my real job, and hopped kickstarter would make my hobby a job
>I ruined myself financially for a hobby.
You deserve what you get.
>>
>>386453461
It was called "Autark Inertia - An Intersectional Experience", and its aim was to simulate the everyday horror of gender dysphoria.

Made with Unity.
>>
>>386453359
>Will you idiots stop letting a few bad experiences ruin Kickstarter?

Fuck off. I've been satisfied with everything I've backed, but you have to be blind to not realize that 99% of what's tossed on Kickstarter is hot garbage
>>
>>386454504
>Autark Inertia - An Intersectional Experience
L O L
>>
i don't understand the people who fund these things. Are they really astronomically upset that they're bet of 50-100 dollars didn't turn out exactly like they hoped. Why aren't they prepared to lose.
>>
>>386454020
You can't 100% ban phone posters.
>>
>>386454504
Shut up, man

Post the real game OP
>>
>>386453931
>Did any vidya Kickstarter ever sell mostly on its story?

VN translations. They're the best choice to back. You already know approximately what the finished product will be like, and the money ask is based on realistic expectations for the workload needed.
>>
>>386453359
To be perfectly honest, i don't care about your 50k project. I don't care about a 100k, 500k or 1m projects either. The games i care about are middle market(AA) titles or full blown AAA. I'm not into gameplay-games. Games that don't have a big focus on story and characters with lots of VA'd dialogue in mocap'd scenes. That's not down to a lack of trying. I've been playing vidya for about 25 years(I'm 31). Tried everything from C&C to Fallout, Doom and duke3d but the titles that actually stuck with me are 50 hour story driven RPGs. Yes, Quake and Co. is fun for an hour or two but not for weeks or even months. So if you really want to get my money then get a job with a AA or AAA studio and work on something worth making.
>>
>paying for things that don't exists
let me buy a flying car
>>
>>386453958
>And why the fuck would your parents ask you for interest on a loan?
Maybe they're Jewish
>>
File: 1484042497508.jpg (189KB, 639x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1484042497508.jpg
189KB, 639x1089px
The only thing Kickstarter is remotely good for are boardgames preferably with some big fuckin animey tiddies sprinkled on top.
>>
>>386454785
You can 100% ban phone normies, at least for a few days.
>>
>>386453359
First problem : Games were not finished.

Second problem : Finished games were shit.
>>
People are smarter about this shit now. If you don't show game footage, then no funds for you.
>>
>>386457427
There were plenty of great games released through Kickstarter
Banner Saga, Pillars of Eternity, FTL, for example
>>
>>386453359
Stop whining and become a better salesman you fucking faggot. Maybe you would have got funding if you had talent
>>
kickstarter is not the only crowdfunding website you absolute retard
>>
>>386453359
Meanwhile kickstarters for boardgames keep growing and growing because companies actually follow through.
>>
File: TB.jpg (81KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
TB.jpg
81KB, 640x640px
>>386454504
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.