[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"It has a good story" >"But what about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 144023214.jpg (517KB, 2133x1524px) Image search: [Google]
144023214.jpg
517KB, 2133x1524px
>"It has a good story"
>"But what about the gameplay?"
>>
File: 1303326363178.jpg (182KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1303326363178.jpg
182KB, 1000x1000px
>>386452441
OP thinks "gameplay" is synonymous with "combat"
>>
>>386452441
if it has a good story but mediocre gameplay why am i playing it? i could be getting an infinitely better story out of a film or novel
>>
>>386453140
Anon thinks making worthless choices is synonymous with a complex game.
>>
File: 2005.png (126KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
2005.png
126KB, 522x522px
>>386453462
>complex
>>
>>386452441
gege
>>
>>386452441
source on picture?
>>
>>386455531
A shitty manga that can't even be enjoyed for being hilariously shit after its first arc ended.
>>
>>386455680
Name?
>>
>>386455824
Boku no Image Search
>>
>>386455987
No, just tell me.
>>
>>386453462
What if he's referring to choices, exploration, collection, management, etc.?
>>
>>386456481
Nowhere did I ever imply those aren't apart of gameplay.Except choices
>>
>>386456761
You implied it when you said the first poster was wrong when he said that "gameplay" doesn't just mean "combat". It is in fact exactly what your statement implies.
>>
>>386456902
>Thread implies people praising games for their story and not gameplay
>Anon replies that I must think gameplay is just combat
>Literally reply with: Anon thinks making worthless choices is synonymous with a complex game.
>making worthless choices
>This implies I mean gameplay is just combat

http://www.readingrockets.org/teaching/reading101-course/modules/comprehension-introduction
>>
>>386457136
>(You) implies people praising games for their story and not gameplay
>Anon replies that I must think gameplay is just combat
>Literally reply with: Anon thinks making worthless choices is synonymous with a complex game.
>When presented with the ambiguity of a statement that gameplay is not just combat, you then immediately respond to the idea of choices, which means you read the previous statement about alternatives elements of gameplay and assumed that the only possible thing he could be talking about was "choices", an assumption which can only be made if gameplay could be divided into "combat" and "choices"
>>
>>386458010
More often then not when someone criticizes a game that emphasizes story for having shallow mechanics, the rebuttal is that choices are apart of gameplay (and making the assumption that the person criticizing story driven games must only like combat driven games) which makes up for the rest of the game being lackluster. I'm sorry if you're upset that I indirectly insulted whatever story driven barely games you liked for you to keep at all this elaborate reaching.
>>
>>386452441
>Tales of Berseria
>Good character and alright story
>Combat is meh, not good enough to be entertaining and not bad enough to loose my interest

I just like to see things through till the end.
>>
>>386458010
>someone says slime rancher has lame ass gameplay
>this means he must be referring to the shooting mechanics

(You)
>>
>>386452441
What do you do with games? You play them. Therefore, gameplay is the sole most defining and important aspect of any videogame.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.